PDA

View Full Version : What potential Pacers playoff series are you most looking forward to?

rabid
02-06-2004, 01:41 AM
The Knicks thread got me thinking about the playoffs and I was wondering what playoff opponent/series you guys thought would be most excited to watch...

Will Galen
02-06-2004, 01:56 AM
The Knicks thread got me thinking about the playoffs and I was wondering what playoff opponent/series you guys thought would be most excited to watch...

I voted for the Spurs, but actually the finals against anyone. I just don't want to lose to the Lakers or Knicks!

I like to watch the Lakers and Knicks play regular season games because I know one of them will LOSE! :dance:

Suaveness
02-06-2004, 02:24 AM
Celts or Knicks...I want to beat them both reaaaaal bad.... :mad:

kerosene
02-06-2004, 03:02 AM
I went with the Spurs for the obvious reason the Pacers would get out of the East and we match up well with them. The Lakers firing on all cylinders is a daunting proposition though.

DisplacedKnick
02-06-2004, 09:53 AM
And in the shocker of the day I voted for KNICKS!!!

We'll lose but I'll get to see us play a couple more times from the nosebleed section. Who knows - maybe we'll even win a game or two so I can get screamed at, get beer dumped on me, etc.

Pacers fans are just so NICE when we suck. :confused: Can't deal with that. :cry:

Shade
02-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Spurs, because that means we'd have a legitimate chance of winning the championship.

ABADays
02-06-2004, 01:02 PM
I would always love a Knicks and Lakers series.

ROCislandWarrior
02-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Pistons

Are you all nutz....this is where it's at

ABADays
02-06-2004, 01:11 PM
I would like a Pistons playoff - it's just the hate factor isn't in the equation with them like it is with the Knicks and Lakers.

Slick Pinkham
02-06-2004, 01:35 PM
I want to see the Mavs come out of the West, because I KNOW we can beat them.

BigMac
02-06-2004, 02:00 PM
I voted for the Knicks-my signature says it all.

But I would also like to play the Pistons and/or the Celtics. In a perfect trip to the championship we would beat (in order)

1. Celtics
2. Knicks
3. Pistons
4. Lakers

But chances of that happening are slim and none.

Unclebuck
02-06-2004, 02:12 PM
I am shocked so many are saying the Knicks. Not sure if that is just because the Pacers lost to them a few days ago or if it goes back to the 90's.

Anthem
02-06-2004, 02:14 PM
I would like a Pistons playoff - it's just the hate factor isn't in the equation with them like it is with the Knicks and Lakers.

And Celtics... and Nets...

Mourning
02-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Knicks hands down!!! And it has to do with the '90s mostly and with a certain dislike for teams that are from BIG MARKETS with mega budgets and players that are acting all cocky! So, in that reasoning I can peacefully :pissed: the Lakers too! What a beautifull world!!!

The Nets would be nice too though! However I dont like our match up against them too well! Pay back for 2 years ago 2OT loss in the first round would be sweet too! :cheers:

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

DisplacedKnick
02-06-2004, 04:14 PM
I voted for the Knicks-my signature says it all.

But I would also like to play the Pistons and/or the Celtics. In a perfect trip to the championship we would beat (in order)

1. Celtics
2. Knicks
3. Pistons
4. Lakers

But chances of that happening are slim and none.

I dunno - the following would have to happen - assuming the Pacers finish as the 1 seed:

1. Boston finish 8. Personally, this is the most doubtful - I think they're dying.

2. Knicks finish as the 4 or 5 seed. I continue to doubt the Bucks. If they fade the 5 spot is very possible - and we match up pretty well with NO.

3. Pistons would need to finish as the 3 seed. Almost a lock (unless they finish 1st).

4. Lakers gotta get there. I still pick the Spurs but everyone else is on the LA bandwagon.

ABADays
02-06-2004, 04:18 PM
90's and big market team definitely!