PDA

View Full Version : IF danny was to be traded

Scot Pollard
01-14-2011, 10:47 PM
who would represent this team as the star

like who would we see on commercials (if its not danny)
such as the nba tv holiday commercial or the nba league pass commercial

danny is a great guy and a great player

just a what if kind of questions guys

BlueNGold
01-14-2011, 10:50 PM
There is no one close to being a franchise player right now. But it would probably be Roy.

Trophy
01-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Danny's the best guy on this team and no one is close to the All-Star level Danny's reached.

Danny is the guy I want to be the franchise player and he's shown he can be it in the past few seasons.

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 10:53 PM
There is no one close to being a franchise player right now. But it would probably be Roy.

Hibbert?? no way

jeffg-body
01-14-2011, 10:54 PM
It depends on who we can get with trading Danny. If we were able to get a real high quality PF to go along with Roy maybe that person. Also adding Darren, Paul and Brandon would be a pretty good young core to market. I'd hate to see Danny go, but you have to give up something to get something, whether it is getting rid of Danny or taking someone else's poo poo platter.

BlueNGold
01-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Hibbert?? no way

Ok, maybe Collison. But I still think it would be Hibbert. They'd probably convert the offense into something that works for him...

Scot Pollard
01-14-2011, 10:56 PM
i'd miss danny if we did trade him though

great person and is still a very good basketball player

it would be very upsetting i think for all of us playing against a team and danny is on it

i still believe he will be our franchise guy

Trophy
01-14-2011, 10:57 PM
I think both Danny and Paul will be looked at as franchise guys here.

With a good coach in the right system, that's going to be a dangerous wing lineup along with Brandon too.

BlueNGold
01-14-2011, 10:59 PM
It depends on who we can get with trading Danny. If we were able to get a real high quality PF to go along with Roy maybe that person. Also adding Darren, Paul and Brandon would be a pretty good young core to market. I'd hate to see Danny go, but you have to give up something to get something, whether it is getting rid of Danny or taking someone else's poo poo platter.

The Granger era is a dead letter. The last thing this franchise needs is to ride a weak horse for 10 years. We better move him in the next couple years to get back value. More young talent and/or picks from teams attempting to make runs.

Scot Pollard
01-14-2011, 11:03 PM
what happened to him?

4th in the league in scoring his all-star year and then 8th in scoring and now like in the 20's

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/08/11/61/slideshow_961118_022843_NBA_All_Star_Game_Ba.jpg

we'd you go danny?

Trophy
01-14-2011, 11:04 PM
In a few more years, this will be Paul's team and he'll probably become an All-Star and be like a Rudy Gay type of player.

Now would be a horrible time to trade our current franchise player.

Eleazar
01-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Danny's the best guy on this team and no one is close to the All-Star level Danny's reached.

That may be true of how Danny Played 2 years ago, but right now Danny is hardly the player he was back then. Right now the only thing keeping Rush from being a better player is how many times Rush shoots in a game.

Sookie
01-14-2011, 11:07 PM
can we see him for a season, under a good coach and with proper teammates before we make a rash decision?

Eleazar
01-14-2011, 11:09 PM
In a few more years, this will be Paul's team and he'll probably become an All-Star and be like a Rudy Gay type of player.

Depends on what we got back for Granger.

beast23
01-14-2011, 11:39 PM

Danny is the guy I want to be the franchise player and he's shown he can be it in the past few seasons.As long as Granger is the best player on this team, we will never be a contender. We will probably acquire a couple of good players before next season, and there is a good chance we will once again become a 50-win team. But if Granger remains our best player, we will merely be a good team, not a contender.

BornReady#6
01-15-2011, 09:09 AM
I would much rather trade Danny in the Carmelo trade to NJ or Denver, and get Favors and a first for him, than get Anthony Randolph for our first. We might lose more games, but then we will have 2 1st rounder draft picks, and favors.

Really?
01-15-2011, 10:44 AM
whoever we trade him for...

15th parallel
01-15-2011, 10:54 AM
It depends on who's left. Still, I would like to see this team succeed with Danny as the main guy. I mean, he has greatly helped in the image-cleansing of the Pacers (the foul odor comment from last time may have been his worst PR move yet). I like "good guys" succeed, you know.

Roy maybe should Danny be traded, but his crappy play as of late is not helping the cause. I would probably choose Darren, or probably Paul for his recent interest-drawing performance.

Kegboy
01-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Roy. Yes, he's having a hard time right now on the court, but from a personality standpoint he's the best thing to happen to Pacers marketing in a long time.

I still think Darren is destined to become the leader in the clubhouse, but unless we get somebody much better, I think Roy's the face of the franchise whether Danny's here or not.

Mackey_Rose
01-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Granger is not a franchise player. He might be the best player currently a part of the franchise, but that doesn't make him a franchise player.

PacerGuy
01-16-2011, 05:42 PM
IMO, IF we were to consider a Granger trade, we should hope that Mello goes to NY & NOT NJ. Why? I want what NJ has, & think we could "replace" Danny & still strengthen the team going forward.
I would very much consider a Granger/McBob for Harris/Favors/(+1 pick?) trade if NJ would. Granger would not require all the picks, extra players, or a 3rd (or more) involved like the Mello deals has.
While I think Harris would make a nice #2 PG/combo G for n/y when Ford is gone, I'd probably explore what DEN was/is thinking of doing & dealing Harris (+ Solo?) to POR for Bantum/Prizbilla. This gives the Pacers both P.George & Bantum to cover the SF slot, doubling the chances of finding the "next best thing", adds Favors to go w/ Hibbert on the front line, & gives IN even more finacial freedom.
To help this deal happen & help NY get Mello over NJ, we trade D.Jones & #1 for Randolph & a 2nd. This saves us $ & adds an athletic big w/ upside & gets NY a needed pick. Win-win, IMO.
To further help the rebuild efforts I would love to explore Dun to Dallas for Butler (hurt/exp - cut him) + a 1st, &/or a young player (D.Jones - young SG). Holding Butler's rights will do us nothing going into n/y as his age/injury status will not get us much/anything.
I would try like heck to package TJ & Posey, but not sure that would be possible, so we will just assume they stay.

The lineup would look like:
Hibbert/Priz(exp)/Foster(exp)
Favors/ Hans/ Randolph
George/Bantum/ Posey
Rush/D.Jones/Stephenson
Collison/Ford(exp)/ Price

There is not much else where I'd move Danny, but I would do this.
(Besides, no way JO'B stays around to coach this much youth! ;) )

Scot Pollard
01-16-2011, 05:44 PM
you cant deny how good of a person danny is

hes a smart guy and a good guy and a very good player

im still happy to call him a pacer

just having a bad season

i dont know what he needs to do but he needs to do something and seek some training from someone on his shooting to get his confidence back

its hurting our team when he struggles

we used to trust him but now hes just another guy out there

i want to trust him again

Strummer
01-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Hibbert has the personality for it.

But I wouldn't trade Danny.

maragin
01-16-2011, 10:12 PM
If Danny was traded, I'd hope that the new commercials would be:

We're on a close shot of our new coach. We pull back as he folds his arms, and 7-8 of our core guys emerge from the shadows and gather around behind him. All are focused, ready, and looking into the camera.

LA_Confidential
01-16-2011, 10:46 PM
If Danny was traded, I'd hope that the new commercials would be:

Larry Bird walking through a dark Conseco Fieldhouse where he sees Bill Laimbeer. We're on a close shot of Laimbeer. We pull back as he folds his arms, and 7-8 of our core guys emerge from the shadows and gather around behind him. Bird nods in approval and joins them. All are focused, ready, and looking into the camera.

I took the liberty of tweaking your commercial a bit.

This would be an amazing commercial, even if Danny isn't traded. Could you Imagine the marketing of a Larry Bird/Bill Laimbeer partnership.

BringJackBack
01-16-2011, 11:02 PM
As much as I love the idea of Laimbeer being a candidate for our new coach, Larry hates it. I hope Larry would be open to the idea of a fresh start, but I don't know. That is, if Larry is around.

croz24
01-16-2011, 11:07 PM

"now" was always a bad time to trade jo and look how that worked out for us...

maragin
01-17-2011, 03:20 AM
I took the liberty of tweaking your commercial a bit.

This would be an amazing commercial, even if Danny isn't traded. Could you Imagine the marketing of a Larry Bird/Bill Laimbeer partnership.

Though my comment does encourage people to fill in their own coach, I hadn't pictured Laimbeer. And, if I'm to believe IndyCornrows, Bill Laimbeer And Larry Bird Still Don't Like Each Other. (http://www.indycornrows.com/2008/9/18/617357/bill-laimbeer-and-larry-bi)

PacersPride
01-17-2011, 03:22 AM
As much as I love the idea of Laimbeer being a candidate for our new coach, Larry hates it. I hope Larry would be open to the idea of a fresh start, but I don't know. That is, if Larry is around.

Laimbeer is not the coach i want on the sidelines. NO THANK YOU.

LEGEND stays. there are several good coaches available.

Trader Joe
01-17-2011, 08:25 AM
If Danny gets traded, you have to hope Collison or George make a leap.

Roy is just, well, I'm not holding my breath at this point.

Tom White
01-17-2011, 11:01 AM
"now" was always a bad time to trade jo and look how that worked out for us...
Yeah, because JO has done SO MUCH since the trade.

You gotta be kidding, right?

hoops_guy
01-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Yeah, because JO has done SO MUCH since the trade.

You gotta be kidding, right?

He's saying that we could have gotten much, much better than TJ Ford, an expiring, and a first round pick for Jermaine had we traded him when the time was right; which would have been two or three years prior to the actual trade.