PDA

View Full Version : Monta Ellis?

itzryan07
01-14-2011, 11:37 PM
what do u guys think of him, would u trade granger for him?

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 11:40 PM
no he doesnt play defense ( granger hasnt of late ethier)

BlueNGold
01-14-2011, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't trade Rush for Monta...and I want Rush coming off the bench.

Trophy
01-14-2011, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't do this and especially not for Danny.

I'm happy with Brandon and Paul who are better defender playing SG for this team.

I Love P
01-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Monta is my favorite player, I watch most GSW games....I would trade Granger for him in a second.

hoops_guy
01-15-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm shocked.

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 12:28 AM
I wouldn't trade Rush for Monta...and I want Rush coming off the bench.

now thats crazy talk

d_c
01-15-2011, 12:32 AM
Monta is best suited as a scoring 6th man coming off the bench for a contending team. Kind of the way Orlando is using Gilbert Arenas now. And he wouldn't be overpaid in that role, as a designated 6th man (like Ginoboli has been) is often a 3rd or 4th best player on a really good team.

As a franchise player to build around, Monta isn't taking your team anywhere. But put him in the right role and he'd be an excellent contributor to a contending team.

joew8302
01-15-2011, 12:43 AM
What is his contract situation? It is a move I would be willing to consider.

d_c
01-15-2011, 12:45 AM
What is his contract situation? It is a move I would be willing to consider.

He signed a 6 year, $66M deal and has 3 remaining years on his deal after this one.

Ryan
01-15-2011, 12:45 AM
11mil 11mil 11mil

Monta Ellis is better then anyone on the Pacers.

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 12:47 AM
11mil 11mil 11mil

Thats not saying much

d_c
01-15-2011, 12:47 AM
11mil 11mil 11mil

Granger is a better player than Monta, but neither guy is Batman.

Both guys are likely 3rd best players on a title contending team (Monta might be a 4th on some).

Foul on Smits
01-15-2011, 01:29 AM
It's pretty obvious a few of you have not seen a lot of Monta Ellis this year or last. He's a lot better then Granger. And defense? I'm sorry, but Granger's defense isnt that much better then Ellis. And Ellis can get to the hoop anytime he wants. And he finishes. He doesnt miss routine layups like someone I know wearing #33 on the Pacers. He also has a really nice jump shot. He doesnt camp the 3 point line. He would be fantastic to pair with DC. And the Pacers could move Rush the SF. The contracts matchup as well.

I've watched a lot of Monta Ellis this year. He's really good. :laugh: @ him being more suited to come off the bench.

Foul on Smits
01-15-2011, 01:33 AM
Granger is a better player than Monta, but neither guy is Batman.

Both guys are likely 3rd best players on a title contending team (Monta might be a 4th on some).

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Monta Ellis is a top 25 player in this league. Granger isnt even close right now. 25ppg, 5 assist, 3 rebound, 2 stls, 46%fg .

You might try watching Ellis play before you say he's a 4th on a contending team.

xBulletproof
01-15-2011, 01:37 AM
You might try watching Ellis play before you say he's a 4th on a contending team.

:laugh:

...... you realize you're talking to a Warriors fan, correct?

Foul on Smits
01-15-2011, 01:39 AM
:laugh:

...... you realize you're talking to a Warriors fan, correct?

That's even more mind boggling then. I have the Warriors on my league pass and have seen about 20 games. Ellis is outstanding.

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 01:43 AM
It's pretty obvious a few of you have not seen a lot of Monta Ellis this year or last. He's a lot better then Granger. And defense? I'm sorry, but Granger's defense isnt that much better then Ellis. And Ellis can get to the hoop anytime he wants. And he finishes. He doesnt miss routine layups like someone I know wearing #33 on the Pacers. He also has a really nice jump shot. He doesnt camp the 3 point line. He would be fantastic to pair with DC. And the Pacers could move Rush the SF. The contracts matchup as well.

I've watched a lot of Monta Ellis this year. He's really good. :laugh: @ him being more suited to come off the bench.

I agree with all of this. Granger is clearly a better defender when he wants to plaay defense. But the guy can just flat out score the basketball and finish with the best of them

d_c
01-15-2011, 01:47 AM
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Monta Ellis is a top 25 player in this league. Granger isnt even close right now. 25ppg, 5 assist, 3 rebound, 2 stls, 46%fg .

I watch him play all the time and the guy isn't a Top 25 player. He piles up stats on a losing team, often plays selfishly and good defenses that are prepared for him can shut him down when it really matters.

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 01:52 AM
I watch him play all the time and the guy isn't a Top 25 player. He piles up stats on a losing team, often plays selfishly and good defenses that are prepared for him can shut him down when it really matters.

hate to say it but that sounds like Danny Granger 2.

Monta has 26pts 2 nite while battling foul trouble. He has pg skills at the 2 which would help our team a lot.

xBulletproof
01-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Ellis is one hell of a scorer. He's also seemed to find a jump shot this year too. However he's not a point guard, and he's not big enough to be a SG. He's stuck in between. He's also in the top 10 in the NBA in turnovers, and has the lowest assist/to ratio of anyone that's not a PF/C on that list. He's got plenty of flaws as a player, and I don't think he'd ever accept a 6th man role. Just a hunch.

Granger 2 years ago is head and shoulders above Monta Ellis. Granger this year, however ..... probably close to even.

pacer4ever
01-15-2011, 02:07 AM
Ellis is one hell of a scorer. He's also seemed to find a jump shot this year too. However he's not a point guard, and he's not big enough to be a SG. He's stuck in between. He's also in the top 10 in the NBA in turnovers, and has the lowest assist/to ratio of anyone that's not a PF/C on that list. He's got plenty of flaws as a player, and I don't think he'd ever accept a 6th man role. Just a hunch.

Granger 2 years ago is head and shoulders above Monta Ellis. Granger this year, however ..... probably close to even.

I said he has pg skills handles court vision not he is a pg.

xBulletproof
01-15-2011, 02:10 AM
I said he has pg skills handles court vision not he is a pg.

I didn't even see your post when I posted mine. I wasn't refuting anything you said.

Foul on Smits
01-15-2011, 02:34 AM

There's a lot of guys getting big stats on bad teams. That really doesnt mean anything honestly. Granger is one of them by the way.

As far as selfish play, he's shooting 46% which is pretty good for an elite scorer. He's still dishing 5 dimes a game and he getting 2 steals a game. I can deal with the 3 TO's a game if he's giving me that kind of production.

The games i've watched, i havent seen him get totally shut down. The other night, against the Clippers, he only went for like 15 points or something, but he had the flu. There was one against the Spurs i saw that he was held in check, but all in all, his bad games are few and far between.

itzryan07
01-15-2011, 02:44 AM
Kevin durant doesnt get a lot of assist either

Ryan
01-15-2011, 02:51 AM
For all that think he isnt that great, watch the replay of him vs Kobe a night or two ago. He matched him point for point.

xBulletproof
01-15-2011, 03:08 AM
Kevin durant doesnt get a lot of assist either

...... :confused:

Kevin Durant isn't the size of a point guard, without the pure skills of being a point guard either. This has no relation to the point at hand.

odeez
01-15-2011, 04:33 AM
I would take Monta in a second. He isn't scoring points like he does because he is on a bad team. He would do that for any team. I believe he is top five in steals and scoring. His drives to the basket are a thing of beauty. And I wouldn't describe Monta as being selfish like some have here, maybe when he was younger, but not now. The only negative thing I would say about him is his size. He is not point guard, and his size at the 2 is a little small for me. But he makes up for it with his scoring. Look at how many minutes he plays (too many). The guy is an outstanding player and you would be crazy not to want him on your team, but that's just me. All that being said I am fine with him staying here in Oakland, that way I can keep watching him play in person. Also I don't see him being traded he has played too well this year. If anything they will look to move Biedrins first and most likely Brandon Wright.

ballism
01-15-2011, 05:08 AM
DC+Monta = smallest and thinest backcourt in the league.
Monta is sort of an upgrade over Danny. But given the poor fit, i doubt it helps the win column. I'd prefer keeping Danny unless it's a sure thing type of deal. Danny will play out of his slump, if not this year, then under a new coach.

oxxo
01-15-2011, 05:48 AM
No. First DC + Monta could not coexist. They both need the ball in their hand. Monta is another offensive black hole 2 masquerading as a 1 (AI, Tyreke Evans, etc.). Those fake 1s are not conducive to winning basketball IMO.

xIndyFan
01-15-2011, 10:38 AM
monta reminds me of ben gordon. games are not the same, but they are both undersized, very undersized. they can get points to make up for it in the regular season, because lots of bad teams have bad players on them. but a team that plans on being a playoff team needs full sized players.

ellis, like gordon, would make a nice 'instant offense' player as a 6th man type guy. but if you have to play him all the time, your team isn't that good.

jhondog28
01-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Our problem is not defense, it is consistent offensive production. Ellis gives you that. I have watched him a ton and he is a head and shoulders better player than Granger. Ellis can create on the drive and he can shoot from deep.