PDA

View Full Version : Does TJ Ford have something personal with Paul George

BringJackBack
01-14-2011, 09:19 PM
I am dead freaking serious. No knee-jerk thing at all; its been this way all season. Do you think that TJ hate Paul George?

Again, this isn't new.. TJ simply will not let the best bench player do his thing. Nothing to really talk about, and I don't want to start anything negative regarding the game.

xBulletproof
01-14-2011, 09:21 PM
It's been pretty blatant.

Especially on the fast break Paul George was just waiting for the alley oop pass to dunk it, and I couldn't help but think if it was McRoberts that Ford throws it.

Unclebuck
01-14-2011, 09:23 PM
i don't have the slightest idea what you are talkin abou. You say this is not a knee-jerk thing and it has been going on all season. OK, tell us what you are talking about. How is Fod not leting George do his thing.

You say there is nothing to talk about, OK, then why are you talking about it.

Confused???

Ford has terrible vision, I seriously doubt it is anything personal. Please

BringJackBack
01-14-2011, 09:26 PM
i don't have the slightest idea what you are talkin abou. You say this is not a knee-jerk thing and it has been going on all season. OK, tell us what you are talking about. How is Fod not leting George do his thing.
Ford continually freezes Paul George out. All. The. Time.

You say there is nothing to talk about, OK, then why are you talking about it.
No, I said that I didn't want to talk about the game. This is something to talk about. It's effecting the way we play. He's obviously better than TJ allows him to be.

Confused???

Ford has terrible vision, I seriously doubt it is anything personal. Please
Ford would usually try impossible passes, not be unwilling to try to make simple passes. I'm not talking about lobs. I'm talking about simple passes to a wing that Collison or TJ makes to out other wings like Dun, Granger, and Rush.

I just think you misunderstand me.

Sookie
01-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Yea, Ford just has really bad court vision, and isn't that great of a passer. It probably would have been thrown out of bounds.

Last game everyone was up cheering when PG was hot.

hoops_guy
01-14-2011, 09:33 PM
It's ridiculous that TJ Ford can't give Paul the opportunity to dribble. It may not be too personal, but maybe something along the lines of jealousy.

jeffg-body
01-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Hopefully it will not matter because TJ will not be here much longer.

rock747
01-14-2011, 09:41 PM
I am not sure if he has something personal with Paul George, but he definetly has something special with James Posey.

Pacerfan
01-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Whether or not it was consciously done, it was noticeable. I agree T.J. has bad court vision as it is. It just seemed that Paul would be the one player running along with T.J. on fast breaks...he would be set at the three or going to the basket and T.J. would not pass to him. He would rather wait till Danny, etc got back and pass to them.

Paul was visibly getting frustrated with this... I remember he got the rebound on the defensive end and took the ball the length of the court after T.J. had passed him up many times because he knew he wasn't getting the ball back once he passed it.

If T.J. really just has bad court vision he has REALLY bad court vision.... thus, either way his butt needs to be put on the bench and A.J. play.

joew8302
01-14-2011, 09:43 PM
I doubt it. Ford is just a bad player, and he has been for a while.

xIndyFan
01-14-2011, 09:44 PM
i did see TJ and lance warming up together.

vnzla81
01-14-2011, 09:46 PM
I am not sure if he has something personal with Paul George, but he definetly has something special with James Posey.

I think is more because he knows were Posey is going to be( in the same place most of the time by the three point line)

Trophy
01-14-2011, 09:46 PM
I don't see what it would be.

TJ doesn't seem to care about anyone or who is open.

He loves points for himself. All 5.9 of them per game.

He doesn't pass it up and has someone all over him with the shot clock winding down.

He counts down 3...2...1 like he's shooting hoops in his backyard.

rel
01-14-2011, 09:50 PM
yea...there were a couple of times i was yelling at TJ to give it up to Paul to no avail. May just be cuz i'm constantly focusing on paul and always wanting him to get the ball...and combining that with TJ's tunnel vision doesn't help

beast23
01-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Paul was visibly getting frustrated with this... I remember he got the rebound on the defensive end and took the ball the length of the court after T.J. had passed him up many times because he knew he wasn't getting the ball back once he passed it.
If this is the case, then I believe Ford should be told about it, then benched for 2-3 games. If it doesn't change after that, then bench bench him for good.

ilive4sports
01-14-2011, 09:58 PM
I have noticed this multiple times in multiple games. I don't know if its personal, but TJ misses George a lot.

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 11:29 PM
I have noticed this multiple times in multiple games. I don't know if its personal, but TJ misses George a lot.

yep mostly on the fast break JOB wants everyone to run the floor. Paul is the only one who runs the floor. He is almost always the first one down the court

Sandman21
01-14-2011, 11:39 PM

Or is that the O'Brien gameplan for TJ?:D

"Whenever Posey is on the floor, pass him the ball!"

Pacerfan
01-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Or is that the O'Brien gameplan for TJ?:D

"Whenever Posey is on the floor, pass him the ball!"

Haha, or the other way around.

JOB to T.J.:

"Larry Bird is forcing me to play the young guys. George has been scoring a little too much for his own good...we all know its irrelevant, he'll never help us win. His defense will never get us anywhere...he shouldn't even see the court until his defense reaches your level. So let's try this: When he's on the court try to keep the ball out his hands. If he's not scoring any points I can show Larry the stats and bench him again. We know stats tell the whole story. This way we can get the vets the minutes they truly deserve."

Gold
01-15-2011, 12:37 AM
Haha, or the other way around.

JOB to T.J.:

"Larry Bird is forcing me to play the young guys. George has been scoring a little too much for his own good...we all know its irrelevant, he'll never help us win. His defense will never get us anywhere...he shouldn't even see the court until his defense reaches your level. So let's try this: When he's on the court try to keep the ball out his hands. If he's not scoring any points I can show Larry the stats and bench him again. We know stats tell the whole story. This way we can get the vets the minutes they truly deserve."

Well hopefully that's what he's planning. The loss was obviously all the young people's fault. Hopefully this plan will work out and we can get back to our winning ways. :laugh: