PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we very well might be facing the Billups/Rip/Melo Nets on the 28th

Hicks
01-14-2011, 03:50 PM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/1/14/1935325/kerber-expect-deal-to-be-finalized-tuesday-and-melo-in-nets-uniform

From 'Net Income' on NetsDaily.com, which is citing Fred Kerber of the New York Post Nets Blog

It's 90 to 95 per cent done, a source tells Fred Kerber. So optimistic are the Nets, he writes, that the team has a schedule that it hopes will put Carmelo Anthony in a Nets uniform vs. the Pistons next Friday.

"The deal could be agreed to principle before Tuesday, then finalized later next week. If completed, Anthony is expected to meet with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov on Tuesday or Wednesday," he writes. "One person directly involved in the trade scenario suggested that if all goes as planned and the deal is finalized, Anthony could play his first game for the Nets next Friday against the Pistons."

Nets continue to work on Carmelo trade (http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/netsblog/nets_continue_to_work_on_carmelo_I41bAXDS84clqVira 8O5WP) - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog

So it looks like we will be seeing a much different New Jersey team than we thought we would get.

Also, playing as the Nets on 2k11 won't suck anymore.

joew8302
01-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Blah. I have heard so much about this that it has become one of those things that I will have to see to believe. If there was truly a 95% chance that this deal goes through it would have been done by now IMO.

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 03:54 PM
nuggets will suck in 2k now. we were good with them 2.

90'sNBARocked
01-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Shouldnt that have come from RoboHicks :)

If it goes through and Melo does in fact sign an extension with the Nets, then it wasnt about a championship (at least right away)it was all about location

This is going to make our playoff push a little tougher. How many games out of the 8 spot are the Nets currently?

Man if we lose out on the playoffs because of a rebuilt Nets squad I will be pissed

BringJackBack
01-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Sooo.. What does this mean for our playoff hopes? Charlotte, Nets, and Milwaukee are getting better.

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Sooo.. What does this mean for our playoff hopes? Charlotte, Nets, and Milwaukee are getting better.

nets are 10- 28 i think

90'sNBARocked
01-14-2011, 03:59 PM
so thats probably only like 4-5 games back, very doable

PacersPride
01-14-2011, 04:01 PM
if it does go through, seems like the nuggs will be blowing it up.. does that mean Nene would be available? if so, he seems like a good fit for the pacers.?

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 04:01 PM
so thats probably only like 4-5 games back, very doable

If it doesnt take them awhile to gel

Hicks
01-14-2011, 04:02 PM
If there was truly a 95% chance that this deal goes through it would have been done by now IMO.

Not really. This isn't about them disagreeing on the pieces involved, but whether Denver wants to finally decide to do it now instead of waiting. The pieces are largely in place.

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 04:02 PM
if it does go through, seems like the nuggs will be blowing it up.. does that mean Nene would be available? if so, he seems like a good fit for the pacers.?

He is putting up all star numbers this yr they are gonna want a lot in return

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Not really. This isn't about them disagreeing on the pieces involved, but whether Denver wants to finally decide to do it now instead of waiting. The pieces are largely in place.

I still dont see the nets doing this unless melo signs an exstinstion. They are giving up a lot

Trophy
01-14-2011, 04:04 PM
So is Billups gonna stay with New Jersey if/when the trade is official?

PacersPride
01-14-2011, 04:04 PM
He is putting up all star numbers this yr they are gonna want a lot in return

or they may just want us to take back harringtons contract.. :eek:

Hicks
01-14-2011, 04:10 PM
I still dont see the nets doing this unless melo signs an exstinstion. They are giving up a lot

Well, that's the other half of it. I'm assuming he will, but if he's still undecided, that's the other reason it's 90-95% but not yet done. Regardless, it's still not really about the pieces involved. I think that's pretty well done.

It's all about Denver being ready to pull the trigger, and Melo being ready to agree to the extension.

From what I've seen/heard, I think both are likely to happen.

Speed
01-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Be interesting to see if the Pacers use their expirings to land someone valuable in the next month too.

I guess it would be a move towards the future, not a move to try make a push for the 8th seed, at least I would hope.

I personally agree it makes NJ better, but still not a contender, by any measure.

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Well, that's the other half of it. I'm assuming he will, but if he's still undecided, that's the other reason it's 90-95% but not yet done. Regardless, it's still not really about the pieces involved. I think that's pretty well done.

I still think he says no and will go to NYK's as a FA. Unless the Russian owner makes a pitch like I will make u a billionare by branding u in Russia which might just work.

Psyren
01-14-2011, 04:16 PM
This deal has been "close" far too many times.

90'sNBARocked
01-14-2011, 04:21 PM

I think with the Nets its all about sticking it to NY Knicks, and getting a "star" in the NY/NJ area.

They know in the off season Melo would most likely sign outright with NY, so they might offer more to get that star and a quicker route to the playoffs before the move to Brooklyn

Unclebuck
01-14-2011, 04:23 PM
David Aldridge pretty much said the deal will be done next week. DA was on TNT last night during the Nuggets vs heat game. The hangup is the draft picks.

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 04:24 PM
I think with the Nets its all about sticking it to NY Knicks, and getting a "star" in the NY/NJ area.

They know in the off season Melo would most likely sign outright with NY, so they might offer more to get that star and a quicker route to the playoffs before the move to Brooklyn

That would be a stupid trade 5 picks favors and Harris just for a 1/2 a season of Melo. They arent doing it unless melo agrees

Trader Joe
01-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Melo is such a sucker if he goes to New Jersey.

Unclebuck
01-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Everything I have heard and read, it is a done deal as far as mello signing the extension - that is not the hold up. - That is from multiple media outlets.

xBulletproof
01-14-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't understand New Jersey, really. Impatient owner is going to torpedo his own team.

You already have a good young center, a potential star PF who's 19 and should be capable of making up for the fact that your center can't rebound or play defense. You also have a fairly young decent PG. You need to fill the SG/SF spots, and those are the easiest in the league to find. Especially when you have at least one top 5 pick coming up if you stand pat.

I'd keep what I have, and keep going. They also have nearly just as much cap space as we will this summer as well.

Trophy
01-14-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm sure Melo would rather be a Knick, but would settle going to the Nets.

If offered, I can see him turning down the Nets and accept an offer from the Knicks once his contract officially expires.

Mackey_Rose
01-14-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't understand New Jersey, really. Impatient owner is going to torpedo his own team.

You already have a good young center, a potential star PF who's 19 and should be capable of making up for the fact that your center can't rebound or play defense. You also have a fairly young decent PG. You need to fill the SG/SF spots, and those are the easiest in the league to find. Especially when you have at least one top 5 pick coming up if you stand pat.

I'd keep what I have, and keep going. They also have nearly just as much cap space as we will this summer as well.

I don't think it is about wins and losses, as much as it is about profits.

xBulletproof
01-14-2011, 05:04 PM
I don't think it is about wins and losses, as much as it is about profits.

So a billionaire bought the team to make money? I'm not sure if I buy that. Especially after seeing several interviews with him, he came across more Mark Cuban than Donald Sterling.