PDA

View Full Version : Contender/Pretender - Vol. 12 - Los Angeles Clippers

Ultimate Frisbee
09-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Any thoughts on the Clips? What do the need to work on? Who do they need to acquire? Are there any chances that they will contend for a playoff spot?

Starters:

Marko Jaric - PG
Kerry Kittles - SG
Corey Maggette - SF
Elton Brand - PF
Chris Kaman - C

Bench:

Lionel Chalmers - G
Shaun Livingston - G
Josh Moore - C
Mikki Moore - F-C
Mamadou N'diaye - C
Zeljko Rebraca - C
Quinton Ross - G
Bobby Simmons - F-G
Chris Wilcox - F

Coach: Mike Dunleavy

Lord Helmet
09-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Pretenders c'mon there the Clippers.;) Maybe in a couple of years they will be contenders I think but not yet.Man they are loaded with Centers though.

Ultimate Frisbee
09-06-2004, 12:09 AM
Pretenders c'mon there the Clippers.;) Maybe in a couple of years they will be contenders I think but not yet.Man they are loaded with Centers though.

haha... very true... they could start 5 centers... I wonder how that would work...

Joel
09-06-2004, 05:02 AM
Looks like a downgrade from last uear on paper, but seeing how Kittles is a better shooter than q-tip, it might work in their favor.

I'll say 37 wins and the 8th pick in the lottery.

DisplacedKnick
09-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Yeah - this is just the endless darkness. Talent-wise they look good enough to challenge for the playoffs. But they're still the Clips.

Pig Nash
09-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah - this is just the endless darkness. Talent-wise they look good enough to challenge for the playoffs. But they're still the Clips.

Ultimate Frisbee
09-06-2004, 01:09 PM
They had a decent draft... but by the time Livingston is ready to contribute, they will have gotten rid of any talent that they once had and will propagate the cycle of acquiring draft picks...

Lord Helmet
09-06-2004, 01:11 PM
They had a decent draft... but by the time Livingston is ready to contribute, they will have gotten rid of any talent that they once had and will propagate the cycle of acquiring draft picks...
Yea I feel bad for ShadowKat isn't he a Clips fan?

DrBadd01
09-06-2004, 02:38 PM
Indeed he is. However, I have a feeling that they will do better than expected. I say the get the 8th seed in the Play offs, but lose in the first round.

ShadowKat
09-08-2004, 05:29 PM
I think the biggest problem is, they don't have a good centre. I'm sorry, but Kaman just ain't that great. The one bright spot I see on the bench is Mikki Moore, but then again I haven't heard of most of the others - perhaps we also have a problem with bench depth?

Still, I have to agree: They'll always be the :clippers:. ...Dammit.