PDA

View Full Version : If we make the playoffs, who would you rather face in the first round?

Phree Refill
01-14-2011, 12:25 PM
^

Personally I would rather face the Bulls if I had to pick between those 5. Reason being is I just feel that over the course of at least 4 games in a row, whatever matchup advantages the Bulls have initially I think our roster has the type of players that can make the necessary adjustments to stymie those advantages. In addition, I also feel that our roster is deeper than the Bulls and that on any given night one of our "unknowns" has the ability to go off for a big game. If I look at the Bulls roster and compare it to the other top teams in the conference, the Bulls appear to have the least experienced playoff roster of them all... coach included.

who would you guys rather face?

*edit* I'll beat some of you to the punch and say it... "PLAYOFFS?! PLAYOFFS?! I just hope we can win a game!"

pathil275
01-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Miami, no way they can compete with our bigs. Or Collison at the point for that matter. They aren't deep either. Let one of the big three go down and I see a reasonable chance to advance to the next round for our squad.

xIndyFan
01-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Miami, no way they can compete with our bigs. Or Collison at the point for that matter. They aren't deep either. Let one of the big three go down and I see a reasonable chance to advance to the next round for our squad.

of the top teams, miami is the best matchup for the B&G. i do know i don't want the pacers to get BOS or the ATL.

Mackey_Rose
01-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Ignoring the match-ups, which I think Miami isn't all that bad of a match-up for us anyway, Miami is the best pick for the exposure and attention the Pacers would receive alone.

Even if they got swept by the Heat, having the chance to get 2 home playoff games against Lebron, Wade, and Bosh would be huge for this franchise.

Sookie
01-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Miami

We actually matchup well with them, and as Mackey said they exposure will be good.

croz24
01-14-2011, 12:50 PM
miami because they seem to be the best right now. we shouldn't look at it as teams we can beat because honestly, this pacers team is going nowhere if they make the playoffs. i'd rather play the best and see what our guys are made of. so miami, followed by a healthy boston.

Trader Joe
01-14-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't care who we play, as long as we are playing and they don't embarrass themselves.

DaveP63
01-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Anybody but ATL...

oxxo
01-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Miami by far, both from a matchup perspective and a fame/attention perspective.

cgg
01-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Miami, so I can go.

BornReady#6
01-14-2011, 01:12 PM
I dont wanna play Miami because tickets will go fast as hell, and if you dont jump on it, those crack head scalpers down town are gonna charge an arm and a leg.

Hicks
01-14-2011, 01:15 PM
I'd also agree with Miami.

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Miami is one of the best defensive teams in the league and they have 2 future HOFers on there team i dont want to play them. I just want to make the playoffs whoever we play im fine with.

Mackey_Rose
01-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Miami is one of the best defensive teams in the league and they have 2 future HOFers on there team i dont want to play them. I just want to make the playoffs whoever we play im fine with.

That is essentially why I would want to play them. The exposure would be huge.

If we get into the playoffs, it is going to be as the 7th or 8th seed. Assuming that Boston and Miami are the top two seeds, which I think is a fairly safe assumption, we can't beat Boston in a 7 game series. We probably can't beat Miami in a 7 game series, but we would have a better chance than against the Celtics.

Dr. Awesome
01-14-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm saying ATL.

Only problem is Horford gives Hibbert problems. However, Bibby can't keep up with Collison and Johnson is having one of the worst years of his All-Star level career. If Hibbert can grow up and make Horford play his game, then thats our best shot.

Orlando, Miami, Boston, and Chicago all have too much firepower.

Dr. Awesome
01-14-2011, 01:26 PM
That is essentially why I would want to play them. The exposure would be huge.

If we get into the playoffs, it is going to be as the 7th or 8th seed. Assuming that Boston and Miami are the top two seeds, which I think is a fairly safe assumption, we can't beat Boston in a 7 game series. We probably can't beat Miami in a 7 game series, but we would have a better chance than against the Celtics.
Very good point.

Sookie
01-14-2011, 01:27 PM

At positions we can actually guard.

Rush can do a good job on DWade, and when Danny is motivated, he can guard players well too.

Then we have the advantage at Center and Point guard..and lets be honest..Tyler would drive Bosh nuts.

We of course, would have the fact that DWade and Lebron are much better players than anyone on our team..and the refs..going against us. But in terms of matchups...Miami is a heck of a lot better than Boston or Orlando.

Hicks
01-14-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm saying ATL.

Only problem is Horford gives Hibbert problems. However, Bibby can't keep up with Collison and Johnson is having one of the worst years of his All-Star level career. If Hibbert can grow up and make Horford play his game, then thats our best shot.

Orlando, Miami, Boston, and Chicago all have too much firepower.

Atlanta has clearly established themselves as a horrible matchup for us.

naptownmenace
01-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Ignoring the match-ups, which I think Miami isn't all that bad of a match-up for us anyway, Miami is the best pick for the exposure and attention the Pacers would receive alone.

Even if they got swept by the Heat, having the chance to get 2 home playoff games against Lebron, Wade, and Bosh would be huge for this franchise.

Exactly why I chose Miami, too! Having a packed house for 2 games would provide a very big boost in Pacers awareness - especially if they could win one of the first 3 games.

Unclebuck
01-14-2011, 01:33 PM
When did the tank leave the area. and I thought we were starting to discuss draft picks. I cannot keep up.

Dr. Awesome
01-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Atlanta has clearly established themselves as a horrible matchup for us.

The only horrible matchup is Hibbert vs Horford, which is why I brought up Roy maturing. Smith is going to play great, but Hansbrough might at least annoy him out of his regular play.

Bibby can't keep up with Collison and like I said Johnson is having a bad year, plus we'd have Brandon on him.

It would depend on Roy growing up.

I'm not saying we could beat them, just that they are our best bet. I like Mackey's point about the Heat though.

BillS
01-14-2011, 01:46 PM
When did the tank leave the area. and I thought we were starting to discuss draft picks. I cannot keep up.

Two game win streak - wait until the next loss and the tank will be back. :zip:

pizza guy
01-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Just get in the playoffs, and I'll be happy this season. If we could put up a good show, like Atlanta gave Boston a couple years ago, it would be great for the franchise -- and maybe I wouldn't catch so much crap for wearing my Pacers gear around town. I think we could play Miami and Boston tough, and I'll have to reserve judgment on Orlando until after we play them later this month.

vnzla81
01-14-2011, 01:51 PM
New Jersey? :whoknows:

LA_Confidential
01-14-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm going with Miami for the exposure and the experience. Especially if we win more than 1 game. I don't think well get swept.

Then Boston. For the same reasons.

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 02:48 PM
New Jersey? :whoknows:

arent they like 10-28???

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 02:51 PM
At positions we can actually guard.

Rush can do a good job on DWade, and when Danny is motivated, he can guard players well too.

Then we have the advantage at Center and Point guard..and lets be honest..Tyler would drive Bosh nuts.

We of course, would have the fact that DWade and Lebron are much better players than anyone on our team..and the refs..going against us. But in terms of matchups...Miami is a heck of a lot better than Boston or Orlando.
Miami as a team has matured well together and are coming toegther as a team i just dont like playing them in the playoffs when their team chemisty should be at an all time high.

Plus if we play man like u suggest we get sweept u have to play a 2-3 zone vs the heat to be sucesssful specially in a 7 gm series

vnzla81
01-14-2011, 02:51 PM
arent they like 10-28???

That is my point, any other team would be a blowout.

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 02:52 PM
That is my point, any other team would be a blowout.

Im pretty sure we could beat the Cavs in a 7 gm playoff series

vnzla81
01-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Im pretty sure we could beat the Cavs in a 7 gm playoff series

Teams on the poll

Eleazar
01-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Miami because they are the only team I would expect the Pacers to beat in a 7 game series.

Pacersalltheway10
01-14-2011, 03:42 PM
How do we not know that the Pacers can get a top 4 seed? With JOB finally is giving the keys to the offence to Darren Collison. And we are only 8 games behind the bulls. (7 if we win tonight. ) Also the possibilty of a trade at the deadline could make this team better.

Mackey_Rose
01-14-2011, 03:45 PM
How do we not know that the Pacers can get a top 4 seed? With JOB finally is giving the keys to the offence to Darren Collison. And we are only 8 games behind the bulls. (7 if we win tonight. ) Also the possibilty of a trade at the deadline could make this team better.

I have an awesome bridge for sale. It is in a prime location in Brooklyn. Just think about the investment opportunities this offers. Especially with the Carmelo Anthony-led Nets moving there soon. This is a potential gold mine.

You interested in buying?

Trophy
01-14-2011, 03:48 PM
No matter who we play, I see us winning at least 1 game in the series.

vnzla81
01-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Miami because they are the only team I would expect the Pacers to beat in a 7 game series.

Right, that make sence...................

Mr. Sobchak
01-14-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm going with Orlando...We always seem to play them pretty tough.

cdash
01-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Miami. Not because of matchups or anything. We are going to lose to any of those teams, and Miami will sell the most tickets.

SMosley21
01-14-2011, 04:34 PM

I like the thought, but the exposure would backfire tremendously if we got swept in ugly fashion. We do that against Chicago, national media really doesn't pay it much attention. We do that against Miami, we're the joke of the playoffs.

Sookie
01-14-2011, 04:36 PM
I like the thought, but the exposure would backfire tremendously if we got swept in ugly fashion. We do that against Chicago, national media really doesn't pay it much attention. We do that against Miami, we're the joke of the playoffs.

I disagree, people will expect us to get slaughtered.

we put up a fight, and we become an underdog to root for.

ballism
01-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Miami. Makes us interesting for a series, and easier on Roy offensively.

Psyren
01-14-2011, 04:52 PM
I'd say Miami because their bigs aren't very good and they really aren't very deep.

SMosley21
01-14-2011, 04:55 PM
I just feel like we've got a better history of playing Chicago close and/or beating them in recent years, so I like our chances of getting past the 1st round more if we play them.

Trophy
01-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Miami. Not because of matchups or anything. We are going to lose to any of those teams, and Miami will sell the most tickets.

No matter who we're playing, I think it'll be sellouts or near sellouts.

I know I'd be coming to Indy for a home game or two in the playoffs.

Pacersalltheway10
01-14-2011, 05:01 PM
I have an awesome bridge for sale. It is in a prime location in Brooklyn. Just think about the investment opportunities this offers. Especially with the Carmelo Anthony-led Nets moving there soon. This is a potential gold mine.

You interested in buying?

I don't get it

MTM
01-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Facing Miami in the playoffs makes this team relevant for the first time in many years. It's akin to the Boston/Pacers series of the late Chuck Person/ early Reggie Miller years, followed by the Knicks series. Most of the media will be paying attention, and if the Pacers picked up 2 wins in the first 5 games, the interest would be very high thereafter.

LA_Confidential
02-01-2011, 03:35 PM
:bump: Seems more attainable at the moment.

BRushWithDeath
02-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I would like to see Miami in person 3 times instead of one.