PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline

pacergod2
01-14-2011, 10:59 AM
To be honest, I don't foresee the Pacers making a move at the deadline. I really don't. Unless there is a playoff team that loses their starting PG and we could move them Ford, I just don't see us doing anything.

I mean what area would we address at this point? I don't see many options available for teams that would be making a push. I could see maybe moving Dunleavy to Dallas, but I think our FO wants him here if we make the playoffs. Same sentiment with Foster. Ford, and to a lesser extent, Posey could really help a playoff team without much future cost to the acquiring team. I just don't see legitimate teams that have those needs.

LA - no needs unless Fisher goes down
SA - maybe some depth across all positions, but not really
DAL - wing help with Butler down (Butler's expiring plus Roddy Beaubois for Dunleavy)
OKC - No needs, except maybe front court depth or upgrade at center (Foster for MoPete and Mullens/White)
Utah - no need really
NO - Wing help/Front court depth (Dunleavy and Foster for injured Peja and a First)

BOS - none
ATL - PG or C help, but impossible to trade with based on their cap structure
MIA - see ATL
CHI - SG help (Dunleavy, but there would need to be a third team)
ORL - they have no need to make a move
NY - they are more concerned about Carmelo and not screwing that up, but I could see a Ford, Foster, and our second for Curry and Randolph type of deal

There really aren't a ton of options out there for us to make the type of deal that would send our expirings to a playoff team. Our expiring veterans may make more sense as our second team for a playoff push. I know we won't do much, but getting there will be HUGE for our young guys' development.

If there is a bottom team that is looking to cut salary that might be more appealing. Here are the bottom teams and players who might interest us.

PHI - Iggy, Speights
MIL - nobody really
TOR - Trade exception
CHA - Wallace
DET - They might like Ford after the trade with NJ/DEN to pair with Stuckey.
WAS - Blatche, McGee, but I don't see us going after Blatche or them coming off McGee
NJ - They could have some serious interest in our expirings if they make this deal for Melo. They have an abudnace of draft picks and they would be bringing in a bunch of veterans.
CLE - Hickson, Verajao. They have a huge need at the wing position.

SAC - Thomspon and Landry. These two have been discussed ad naseum here.
MIN - Who the hell knows what they are doing. We would LOVE Love.
LAC - Yeah, see MIN.
GS - They are more interesting. Udoh might be available. They need front court depth, but we would probably have to take Beidrins off their hands to make something work.
PHO - This team is willing to deal. Sarver wants to cut costs with the way things look, but he doesn't want to trade Nash. It would probably cost us too much to get Nash in here, but it might be the best thing for our young PGs for a year or so under Nash.
HOU - Jordan Hill, Scola. I would really like to make a move for Hill. Awesome front court athleticism.
MEM - OJ Mayo would be a great combo guard off the bench for us, but too much ego and we have Stephenson for our long-term combo guard off the bench for cheaper. Darrell Arthur.

I don't know about you guys/girls, but I really see us standing pat and taking the cost savings. We probably re-sign Foster and Dunleavy for fairly cheap. I would honestly prefer to only keep Foster on a veteran minimum deal. Dunleavy I think will command more than I would like to pay for him. Ford is gone. I would really llike to push Posey in a trade this off-season.

BornReady#6
01-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Doesnt Peja play in Toronto?

BornReady#6
01-14-2011, 11:19 AM
NO - Wing help/Front court depth (Dunleavy and Foster for injured Peja and a First)

Yup Peja plays in Toronto

CLE - Hickson, Verajao. They have a huge need at the wing position.

cross out Anderson

But your right on the options of

Blatche, Randolph, Thompson, Landry, but forgot Zbo.

all the others, arent even close to dealing with us, and with Tyler playing now, I dont think Bird is gonna do anything, Minnesota is gonna get Anthony Randolph for a 1st when melos deal happens, and maybe this offseason we can max out Love.

dgranger33
01-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Doesnt Peja play in Toronto?

Peja is in Orlando, and when is the trade deadline?

Justin Tyme
01-14-2011, 11:39 AM

Peja is in Toronto. Maybe you are thinking of Turk who is in Orlando.

Somewhere around Feb 24th. About 6 weeks away.

MyFavMartin
01-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I could see interest by the Mavs in Posey or Dunleavy for Butler, the latter of which, some young talent or draft picks would need to be added, and the former some salary filler to make it match.

That's if Sasha Pavlovic who they just signed, doesn't work out between now and the deadline... Granted, I could see Butler's expiring commanding more than Dun or Posey (talent-wise).

Posey and DJones for Butler?

BornReady#6
01-14-2011, 12:11 PM
I could see interest by the Mavs in Posey or Dunleavy for Butler, the latter of which, some young talent or draft picks would need to be added, and the former some salary filler to make it match.

That's if Sasha Pavlovic who they just signed, doesn't work out between now and the deadline... Granted, I could see Butler's expiring commanding more than Dun or Posey (talent-wise).

Posey and DJones for Butler?

Mavs dont want Posey or Jones, they have replaced Butler with DeShawn Stevenson, and more minutes to Jason Terry. Once Dirk comes back they will be straight, and if they do trade for another player for help it will be Gerald Wallace or another player of his caliber, not a complete downgrade.

pacergod2
01-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Sorry Shamsports.com is where I got some of the salary info to toss around in my head, but did not use in my post. They still have Peja in NO on the site, and I didn't even think twice about it. That makes any scenario with NO much harder.

As for Butler, he is out for the year and his ONLY value is not on-court related. He's an expiring and his Bird Rights might have some value this summer though, which is what any team would be trading for.

I still think Dallas could use another wing, but they don't need to do anything drastic.

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 12:40 PM

he plays 4 the RAPS

MyFavMartin
01-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Mavs dont want Posey or Jones, they have replaced Butler with DeShawn Stevenson, and more minutes to Jason Terry. Once Dirk comes back they will be straight, and if they do trade for another player for help it will be Gerald Wallace or another player of his caliber, not a complete downgrade.

Jones was only for trade filler.

As to whether Posey is a downgrade from Stevenson, I've got a problem with that comment. Posey is a proven performer in the playoffs, bigger and stronger than Stevenson, and also doesn't have the same mental issues as DeShawn.

pacer4ever
01-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Jones was only for trade filler.

As to whether Posey is a downgrade from Stevenson, I've got a problem with that comment. Posey is a proven performer in the playoffs, bigger and stronger than Stevenson, and also doesn't have the same mental issues as DeShawn.

Maybe 3 yrs ago u would be right but James Posey has been done for 2+ years he just isnt very good anymore. Deshawn is way better no way the mavs would want Posey they would want Dahtay b4 posey

BringJackBack
01-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Consider me interested in Luis Scola. He's got a contract that is probably more modest than we can get for David West, and he's an amazing fit for Collison and just a very good player overall. Really solid player overall, and is actually similar to West.

Stats are here:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/scolalu01.html

Peck
01-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Maybe 3 yrs ago u would be right but James Posey has been done for 2+ years he just isnt very good anymore. Deshawn is way better no way the mavs would want Posey they would want Dahtay b4 posey

Someone did not pass this memo on to Jim O'Brien.

Peck
01-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Overall I pray to God you are wrong, I'm sure you are right but I really hope that we do not just let all of this trade material just walk away.

The thought of coming into the next season with the same talent and another midling draft pick (no matter who the coach is) does not excite me.

BornReady#6
01-14-2011, 04:05 PM
I would trade Dahntay and James for 2 dleague prospects at this point.

Deshawn has been tearing it up lately, and is really filling in well for the injured Butler. His 3 point game is on right now, and he is avg. 17p, 2a, 3r, and is 22-45 for 3 pointers (.488) in his last 5 games.

Sookie
01-14-2011, 04:41 PM
we would be stupid to have all of these expirings and not try and get something good for them.

I'd like Scola too, but would Houston really part with him?

BringJackBack
01-14-2011, 04:51 PM
we would be stupid to have all of these expirings and not try and get something good for them.

I just saw in some article that him and Martin were being shopped. Houston is currently worse than us and I have to believe with some of the flat out solid young guys they have they are ready to rebuild... And trading those guys for some picks and young pieces is a great start. If we gave them a first, Hansbrough, TJ, Rush and some more minor pieces for Scola we'd they'd have Buddinger, Williams, Ish Smith, Jordan Hill, Tyler, Rush, Lee as young guys.. Not a bad start.

xBulletproof
01-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Houston might be up for a full scale rebuild if they think Yao is done.

Scola would be an absolute great addition. I'd be in heaven.

90'sNBARocked
01-14-2011, 04:53 PM

sort of

u could just sit on the money until the FA class of 2012

Its ridiculous Howard, Paul among many others

Really?
01-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Wouldn't mind moving dunleavy to the bulls. Not sure how much he would improve their team but he can contribute at the 2 which they are in need of.

This would free up room for the Pacers to give George some more minutes

Big Problem Dunleavy makes way too much. But

Possibly trade 1st round Kyle Korver and CJ Watson and Omar Asik/James Johnson for Mike Dunleavy and AJ/Lance(have your pick) and Solomon Jones and a 2nd rd pick

Really?
01-14-2011, 06:36 PM
sort of

u could just sit on the money until the FA class of 2012

Its ridiculous Howard, Paul among many others

For free agents, I think, we would be at the bottom of the list for teams that they are thinking about coming to... one main reason why big named free agents to be should mean nothing towards us putting together a team of the future.

Really?
01-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Wouldn't mind moving dunleavy to the bulls. Not sure how much he would improve their team but he can contribute at the 2 which they are in need of.

This would free up room for the Pacers to give George some more minutes

Big Problem Dunleavy makes way too much. But

Possibly trade 1st round Kyle Korver and CJ Watson and Omar Asik/James Johnson for Mike Dunleavy and AJ/Lance(have your pick) and Solomon Jones and a 2nd rd pick

Lol Maybe with the showing tonight the Bulls might actually give Dunleavy consideration...

DrFife
01-14-2011, 09:29 PM
I agree with Peck that it would be a shame for us not to leverage the value of our expirings in a trade that helps us both this year and beyond. That said, I believe that for this season's playoff push, we would miss the contributions of Dunleavy and Foster. (TJ? Nah. Solo? Unh-unh.) So I would only be excited about a trade that lands us someone with clear starting potential: Iggy, Kaman, Scola, etc. I'm suspicious, however, that any such deal will cost us a #1.

I'm not high on Anthony Randolph, but I recall Cordobes being very high on him, so I remain cautiously optimistic when I read things like Chris Broussard's latest tweet:

"NYK will trade Anthony Randolph for 1st round pick within next 2 weeks, sources say. Minny, Indy, Portland among likeliest destinations"

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard

xIndyFan
01-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Consider me interested in Luis Scola. He's got a contract that is probably more modest than we can get for David West, and he's an amazing fit for Collison and just a very good player overall. Really solid player overall, and is actually similar to West.

Stats are here:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/scolalu01.html

scola would be nice. plus he has a nice low post game. something the pacers could use. wonder if houston is is looking to trade him. i've read his name as possible available.

BringJackBack
01-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Cleveland sucks. Really, really, really bad. Anyone you guys see that we might want to grab at the deadline?

pwee31
01-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Cleveland sucks. Really, really, really bad. Anyone you guys see that we might want to grab at the deadline?

Not really. Hickson would be my only interest, but they likely won't move him. Varejo is out, so no thanks there

xIndyFan
01-15-2011, 11:18 PM

i like hickson. nice size, athletic.

mildlysane
01-15-2011, 11:33 PM
I agree with those who think Scola would be a great addition. He is exactly what we need at the 4.

Heisenberg
01-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Daryl Morey in Houston's always in the middle of trade talks and I've read basically anyone on the team is available. I'd love, love to get Luis Scola somehow. Yeah he's 30 but he'll age fine, he signed a 5/$47 million extension over the summer (last year non-guaranteed).

The problem comes with getting him here of course. But hey, a man can dream. Dunleavy, Hans, 1st is I think fair but all the reports are Houston looking to land a superstar, not blow anything up.

edit: Sorry, should read through the whole thread. Still, point stands.

BringJackBack
01-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Daryl Morey in Houston's always in the middle of trade talks and I've read basically anyone on the team is available. I'd love, love to get Luis Scola somehow. Yeah he's 30 but he'll age fine, he signed a 5/$47 million extension over the summer (last year non-guaranteed).

The problem comes with getting him here of course. But hey, a man can dream. Dunleavy, Hans, 1st is I think fair but all the reports are Houston looking to land a superstar, not blow anything up.

I agree. He's one special player.

I just posted something on Nick Young and I though that I would add this into the mix.. I watched the Wizards-Raptors crapfest today and Young had a hell of a second half. He's really a different player, a lot more explosive. He's a restricted free agent this summer, any interest if we don't overpay?

I think he'd be an ideal sixth man/situational starter. A more in control JR Smith maybe w/o all the baggage.

Heisenberg
01-15-2011, 11:45 PM
I agree. He's one special player.

I just posted something on Nick Young and I though that I would add this into the mix.. I watched the Wizards-Raptors crapfest today and Young had a hell of a second half. He's really a different player, a lot more explosive. He's a restricted free agent this summer, any interest if we don't overpay?

I think he'd be an ideal sixth man/situational starter. A more in control JR Smith maybe w/o all the baggage.
Young's got undeniable scoring ability, obviously. But of the games I've seen he'd be the most frustrating player to ever root for. He shoots and shoots and shoots. I don't know enough about him to say how he'd fit, only seen him 3/4 times, but holy hell does he chuck em up.

BringJackBack
01-15-2011, 11:50 PM
Young's got undeniable scoring ability, obviously. But of the games I've seen he'd be the most frustrating player to ever root for. He shoots and shoots and shoots. I don't know enough about him to say how he'd fit, only seen him 3/4 times, but holy hell does he chuck em up.

:) Sure does. In the past he was such an inconsistent shooter that it was detrimental, but in my opinion guys like Wall, Blatche, and especially Lewis need shots taken away from them in favor of Young nowadays.

28.7 minutes and 12.9 field goal attempts per game, but the percentages are very good at .459 and .414. I'm not saying he's a sleeper or anything, just haven't ever heard him mentioned and I'd much rather give him a shot than resigning Mike or playing Lance.

xBulletproof
01-16-2011, 12:16 AM
If Houston wants a star, would anyone be down for Granger/Scola swap?

There would have to be others involved because Granger makes 3 or 4 million more than Scola. I'd think pretty hard about it honestly. The way Granger looked disinterested last game it was the first time I thought he may need a new start. He just didn't look very into it.

BringJackBack
01-16-2011, 12:22 AM

There would have to be others involved because Granger makes 3 or 4 million more than Scola. I'd think pretty hard about it honestly. The way Granger looked disinterested last game it was the first time I thought he may need a new start. He just didn't look very into it.

I'm not sure. The only type of trade where I want Danny gone is a trade where we get a young guy with star potential, but a Luis Scola trade would make me have to reconsider things. Let me start with one stipulation; They have to put a lot of sweetners in it.

Danny for Scola, a first, and TWill or Courtney Lee? Or we could clear some salary by doing Posey and Granger for Scola and Martin.. I don't really know.

Overall I think we can get Scola for less.. Like Dunleavy, Hansbrough, and a first or something and they throw in Brad Miller to cut more salary (Jim would get a hard-on).

Then trade Danny for Batum/Wes Matthews or Danny for Favors/first or easily Hicks' deal earlier.

Then we have Scola and a big time player. :)

PacerGuy
01-16-2011, 12:28 AM

Scola is BYC, so something like:
Scola/B.Miller/T.Williams for
Geranger/McBob
This works $ wise (post 2/15, due to Williams)

Not sure what Houston is thinking. They either need to blow it up or get a Granger type to pair w/ Martin & try & rebuild on the run w/ lesser pieces. They have the TV revenue (market size) & no state tax working for them, but loosing You is a blow...

BringJackBack
01-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Let me add that since looking at the free agent list for the first time in a couple months, we'd come out like winners if we got David West (4 year/40 million, our starting and star power forward), Marquis Daniels or Tracy McGrady (2 years/4 million, 4th wings), and Nick Young (No idea what to offer him, but a starter until George is ready or Granger is traded and then a sixth man). That would make life so much easier for us and would make it 10x easier to trade Granger.

I also want to say sorry for so much hypothetical crap I'm really bored.

xBulletproof
01-16-2011, 12:34 AM
I doubt we get Scola without giving up Granger. Other teams will make some big offers. He's a near 20 PPG post player. He'd have to have a major Artestian meltdown mentally for other teams to not offer something up. I happen to like the idea of a Collison / Rush / Paul George / Scola / Hibbert starting lineup next year. If we could pick up some form of a 1st round pick (even if it's the Knicks pick next year - later in the first round) that's a plus as well.

BringJackBack
01-16-2011, 12:39 AM
I doubt we get Scola without giving up Granger. Other teams will make some big offers. He's a near 20 PPG post player. He'd have to have a major Artestian meltdown mentally for other teams to not offer something up. I happen to like the idea of a Collison / Rush / Paul George / Scola / Hibbert starting lineup next year. If we could pick up some form of a 1st round pick (even if it's the Knicks pick next year - later in the first round) that's a plus as well.

Yeah. Reality blows. As much as I'd like to do a Dunleavy, Hansbrough, first for him it really isn't likely.

Then again, everyone said the same thing about Darren Collison, Ty Lawson, and whoever else so you never know.

hoops_guy
01-16-2011, 01:52 AM

Ramon Sessions has some size and can be a nice back-up. Maybe help us when guys like Westbrook come to town.

At least 3x better than what Ford is going now. To say that I hate TJ Ford would be an understatement.

Heisenberg
01-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Wonder what Dallas'd think of Dunleavy now that Butler's done. They need a replacement for him badly. Maybe Dun for Butler (10ish million expirer, buy him out), and either Dominique Jones or Alexis Ajinca?

pacer4ever
01-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Wonder what Dallas'd think of Dunleavy now that Butler's done. They need a replacement for him badly. Maybe Dun for Butler (10ish million expirer, buy him out), and either Dominique Jones or Alexis Ajinca?

Terry, Stevenson>>>>>>>>>>> Dunleavy

hoops_guy
01-16-2011, 07:03 PM
I don't expect Deshawn to keep playing well.. Especially in the post-season.

pacer4ever
01-16-2011, 07:10 PM
I don't expect Deshawn to keep playing well.. Especially in the post-season.

At least he has played in the playoffs unlike Dunleavy

xBulletproof
01-16-2011, 07:24 PM
At least he has played in the playoffs unlike Dunleavy

It's so sweet that basketball is an individual sport so that this complaint has merit, no?

pacer4ever
01-16-2011, 07:41 PM
It's so sweet that basketball is an individual sport so that this complaint has merit, no?

Him and Murphy were a major reason we havent been to the playoffs the past few yrs.

BringJackBack
01-16-2011, 07:44 PM

Bump.. Thoughts?

I also want to add one more thing to that. If we signed him to a three year contract, that would also make it easier to trade Granger. He's averaging 19.9 per 36 minutes on 46% field goal percentage and 41% 3pt percentage.

xBulletproof
01-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Him and Murphy were a major reason we havent been to the playoffs the past few yrs.

They were drafted by an organization in a rut, and then got traded to another one. That's not their fault as much as it's crappy luck. Deshawn Stevenson had nothing to do with any of those teams getting to the playoffs. Put Dunleavy on those teams and they're instantly better.

D-BONE
01-16-2011, 07:52 PM
They were drafted by an organization in a rut, and then got traded to another one. That's not their fault as much as it's crappy luck. Deshawn Stevenson had nothing to do with any of those teams getting to the playoffs. Put Dunleavy on those teams and they're instantly better.

Instantly marginally better perhaps. But if Stevenson had 0 to do with his teams making he playoffs, I don't buy Dunleavy necessarily would either.

PacerGuy
01-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Bump.. Thoughts?

I also want to add one more thing to that. If we signed him to a three year contract, that would also make it easier to trade Granger. He's averaging 19.9 per 36 minutes on 46% field goal percentage and 41% 3pt percentage.

Young could the the type of FA we target, but again, he is restristed & w/ that production he will likely be matched.

I think we will really try & move D.Jones, & I would love to move Posey, but I think he will only fit a few places, & I think TPTB kinda like his leadership. IF we could move either/both, then I think we could gamble a bit more.

spreedom
01-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Right now I think Stevenson is a much better player than Dun. Maybe it's because looks really used up at times and that Stevenson is in a contract year and next to Jason Kidd, but his three-point shooting and defensive ability are unmatched on our entire roster. And I think those two strengths outweigh anything Dun's been able to do lately.

PacerGuy
01-16-2011, 08:11 PM
With Dirk & Marion playing together, the loss is not as noticable, but when either/both are out of the game, the loss is huge. Neither Terry or Stephenson can really play the 3, where Butler can/did. Dun would be a great addition to a vet team in need of a 2/3.

xBulletproof
01-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Wow, Dunleavy is severely underrated.

And Stephenson has played well in 30 games in his career now. Wooooo. He's had an issue avoiding shooting in the 30 percent range over his career. In fact, in the playoffs his averages are 30% from the field, over 1 assist, and 1 rebound per game in 21 minutes per. That guy is a scrub who's found a shooting stroke for a couple games. We'll see if it lasts.

BringJackBack
01-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Ok.. So strangely enough I heard someone say that there is not going to be anyone available at the deadline so I just wanted to point out who has been shopped in the past couple of weeks or who is being shopped right now:

Luis Scola
Kevin Martin
Gerald Wallace
Andre Igoudala
OJ Mayo
Andray Blatche
Javale McGee
Chris Kaman

That's just so far and not to mention that the whole teams of Cleveland, Houston, and Toronto are available.. Not trying to be optimistic or anything just pointing out that players are definitely going to be available.

aaronb
01-17-2011, 01:54 PM
At this point I think we should offer any expiring deal for a bad contract and a pick. The worse the contract the better, more quantity the pick(s).

Similar to the NYK/Houston trade of last year.

pwee31
01-17-2011, 08:30 PM
What really hurts is that Roy's play of late is really going to make it hard for the Pacers to trade Jeff Foster.

I would be fine with McRoberts getting time at center, but w/ O'Brien in charge that would leave you with a slumping Roy and Solo as your only options at center. Not a problem if Hibbert was playing like he was early in the season, but a problem now.

And it's tough b/c Foster likely has the most value of our expiring contracts. I could see a few playoffs teams wanting Foster to help go against the Celtics and Lakers front court.

It'll be an interesting trade deadline... and frankly it can't come soon enough

MiaDragon
01-17-2011, 08:59 PM
What really hurts is that Roy's play of late is really going to make it hard for the Pacers to trade Jeff Foster.

I would be fine with McRoberts getting time at center, but w/ O'Brien in charge that would leave you with a slumping Roy and Solo as your only options at center. Not a problem if Hibbert was playing like he was early in the season, but a problem now.

And it's tough b/c Foster likely has the most value of our expiring contracts. I could see a few playoffs teams wanting Foster to help go against the Celtics and Lakers front court.

It'll be an interesting trade deadline... and frankly it can't come soon enough

I don't think so, were really not going anywhere with the current team/coach so why sacrifice making the team better (in the future) for a few meaningless games this season. At this point anyone is on the proverbial block.

xIndyFan
01-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Young could the the type of FA we target, but again, he is restristed & w/ that production he will likely be matched.

young is nice, i watch him a lot on LP. but he isn't that much different than what the pacers have. pacers have to target a big or a couple of bigs.

AesopRockOn
01-17-2011, 09:22 PM
To me, what Bird can do with our expiring contracts is the singular most important thing that takes place in the next couple of/few months (before deadline/into the summer). It will demonstrate whether he can and will stay and also display what we have waited for this whole thing. Can he swing another Murphy for DC/Posey kind of trade?

Like many have said, this is when we figure out if waiting was worth it. If we aren't sufficiently rebuilt after the main deals of the summer, then people really should be upset. Not about JOB letting Blake Griffin go for the highest scoring total of the season so far.

Anthem
01-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Ok.. So strangely enough I heard someone say that there is not going to be anyone available at the deadline so I just wanted to point out who has been shopped in the past couple of weeks or who is being shopped right now:

Luis Scola
Kevin Martin
Gerald Wallace
Andre Igoudala
OJ Mayo
Andray Blatche
Javale McGee
Chris Kaman

That's just so far and not to mention that the whole teams of Cleveland, Houston, and Toronto are available.. Not trying to be optimistic or anything just pointing out that players are definitely going to be available.
Is Iggy really being shopped? Or is he simply un-untouchable? I'd have to imagine it's the latter. I'd love to pick him up if the price was right, though.

As for Scola, that would be fantastic as well. I wouldn't give up Granger, Roy, or Collison for him, but other than that I'd have no qualms.

pwee31
01-17-2011, 09:45 PM
young is nice, i watch him a lot on LP. but he isn't that much different than what the pacers have. pacers have to target a big or a couple of bigs.

That's just it, I'm not sure how many big men are actually available that will be worthwhile.

There have been mentions of Sacramento with Landry and Thompson. Houston with Scola maybe, who else is really getting rid of bigs?

I don't think bigs will be available. And it sucks b/c I don't think sitting tight until the summer is the greatest idea seeing the uncertainty with the CBA, as well as Indiana not being the most attractive place to come play.

I think the best bet would be to try and upgrade talent, even if that means thinning out a couple of position to bring in young talent that's ready, and can already contribute... like the Collsion deal.

I think Iggy would be a great pickup, b/c he doesn't need to score to be effective. He defends, he rebounds, he finishes, he's athletic... and he can score if needed. Collison, Iggy, and Granger would be a nice trio to have. Not sure what it would take, but that's the kind of deal the Pacers need.

The team is better than year's past, but they still need talent upgrade, and athleticism.

I'm not sure how or if the Pacers can do that with the pieces we have, but I still feel the Pacers need a SG and an athletic big that can produce. You don't want to panic, but you can't be passive either.

It would help if we knew what we had in everyone currently on the roster, but unfortunately due to rotation issues, that's not the case

naptownmenace
01-18-2011, 09:55 AM
Milwaukee has several wings that I'd love to swap for Dunleavy. In this order:

John Salmons
Corey Maggette
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Ersan Ilyasova
Carlos Delfino

They could also talk to Detroit about a trade of Dunleavy for Ben Gordon. They'd get an expiring contract and get rid of a long bad contract. Ben Gordon is a decent shooter and defender and can create his own shot, something that only Darren Collison can do consistenly for the Pacers. I think that even Richard Hamilton would be an upgrade at this point.

Pacerized
01-18-2011, 10:17 AM
A team not mentioned in the first post is Denver. They'll be in rebuilding mode after trading Melo but 2-3 years behind us. Nene can opt out at then end of this season just like Melo and I'd think they'd want to get something for him before he does. He's 28 and would be a major upgrade at either the 4 or 5 for us. Another team recently brought up is the Clippers with Kaman. I'd be happy to work a trade for either player. What I don't want us to do is to bring back another wing player. We could always improve but our current and future core is solid at the 2/3. I don't understand how Granger is said to be having a bad year but compared to Iggy, Granger looks great this year. Iggy has taken several steps back this year and in fact his numbers have declined since he signed his current contract. I do not want us going after Iggy. I think the odds are greater this year then any other that we'll pull off a trade before the deadline. If we don't let's hope the new cap gets set at below 40 mil. Then we'll have teams lined up to dump salary.

pathil275
01-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Just read that on the ESPN chat.

ADC (NJ)

If the Nets do not get Melo, what do you think should be their Plan B?

Chad Ford (1:17 PM)

Really good question. The Nets have a bunch of assets right now and want to improve dramatically. They pursued Danny Granger at draft time and could pick up the pursuit again. I've also heard rumblings about a Luis Scola & Kevin Martin deal with the Rockets. While those guys aren't superstars like Melo, they help their team and won't cost them as much to get them.

Source: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36583

BringJackBack
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I'd want Favors, a first, and Farmar or something like that. Send them a ridiculous offer and see how desperate they are. :evil:

Sparhawk
01-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I'd want Favors, a first, and Farmar or something like that. Send them a ridiculous offer and see how desperate they are. :evil:

No kidding. Favors and Hibbert would be quite formidable down low. The trade would have to blow Larry out of his chair for him to trade Granger though.

pathil275
01-19-2011, 01:48 PM
From the same chat:

Travis (DC)

Chad, as a Pacers fan it kills me to say this, but I really think now would be the perfect time to trade Granger. I believe that Rush, George and Dunleavy should be able to make up for his scoring, and we could land a big time power forward. A lineup of Collison, Rush, George, Favors and Hibbert seems better for the next 3 years than what we have now.

Chad Ford (1:43 PM)

I sort of agree. I'm a big Danny Granger fan. He's having a rough year, but he's only 27. I think it's partly a flue and partly frustration with his coach. However, if the Pacers could get Favors and one other piece for Granger they have to at least consider it for the reasons you mentioned. But it they don't pull the trigger, most likely they're concerned about taking another step back. Favors isn't ready yet and the team would be very, very young. The goal was to be in the playoffs this year ... and definitely next year.

BringJackBack
02-01-2011, 12:25 PM
:bump:

So any new adjustments around the league make for any new targets for us to pick up? West maybe/hopefully?

CableKC
02-01-2011, 12:46 PM
:bump:

So any new adjustments around the league make for any new targets for us to pick up? West maybe/hopefully?
I think that the entire league is paralyzed when it comes to trade talk UNTIL Melo is traded to the Knicks or the Nets. We have 3 weeks left...hopefully the Nuggets gets it over with and does something.

LA_Confidential
02-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Im still in favor of an Iggy/Speights move. Expirings, Rush and a 1st should get it done.

pwee31
02-01-2011, 01:30 PM
It's really hard to tell. I don't think Iggy is as available with the Sixers now making a playoff push, and Evan Turner not playing too well.

Many are hoping for David West, but the Hornets are playing good ball, and the last thing you want to do is make Chris Paul unhappy. It may happen in the off-season, but not at the trade deadline.

The Rockets have interesting names still, but are looking for a superstar in return.

I see Oj Mayo still being available and will likely be on the move. With Carl Landry being a free agent next year, I think he'll likely be moved by the Kings.

Cavs will try to make a move, but really don't have much to offer.

Denver will have to make a decision on Melo, still not guaranteed they move him.

I think the Lakers may look at making a move if they continue the up and down play.

Not sure much will happen at the deadline due to the uncertainty of the CBA, and not many teams having to blow teams up, or feeling urgent for a change

90'sNBARocked
02-01-2011, 01:38 PM
This FA class (2011) sucks big time

I would rather hold our money until the class of 2012

Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Derron Williams, just to name a few

xIndyFan
02-01-2011, 01:41 PM
It's really hard to tell. . . . I think the Lakers may look at making a move if they continue the up and down play.

Not sure much will happen at the deadline due to the uncertainty of the CBA, and not many teams having to blow teams up, or feeling urgent for a change

yes. who the pacers target/get will depend on what teams want to cut salary because of the new CBA. pacers seem to be willing to let the expirings expire if they don't get the excellent deal they want. so look for the B&G to get a good deal from a team in need or no deal at all.

anyone want ron ron back. bet the lakers make a good deal on him?? :rotflmao: