PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Gold Jerseys

ColeTheMole
01-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Just a quick question, when do they wear these? I cannot recall them wearing the gold jerseys all year. Who decides that they will wear them on a given night anyway? Just wondering.

MyFavMartin
01-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Don't know, but I'd love to see an Alternate Home jersey of the Semi-Pro-like throw backs from the 70s...

Maybe marketing could do three weekends back-to-back-to-back with throwbacks from the 70s, 80s, and 90s with prizes for people in costume and feature music from those eras.

luis3ep
01-14-2011, 09:48 AM
the gold jerseys are so ugly to be honest.. white and blue jerseys should be the only jerseys used this year... except throwbacks or something.

SMosley21
01-14-2011, 10:25 AM
the gold jerseys are so ugly to be honest.. white and blue jerseys should be the only jerseys used this year... except throwbacks or something.

I absolutely hate the gold jerseys. They are a complete eye-sore in my opinion.

The team needs to do a throwback night with these...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/203/205/john_starks_reggie_miller_display_image.jpg?127168 8727

dgranger33
01-14-2011, 11:29 AM
The gold jerseys are ok. I like them, at least you know which team is ours out there.

Trader Joe
01-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Why does everyone call them the gold jerseys?

They are yellow.

pizza guy
01-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Count me in the "yellow alts are ugly" crowd.

Also, count me in the "PLEASE, use the FloJos for throwbacks!" crowd.

Day-V
01-14-2011, 11:47 AM
With no disrespect to Grady, they need to have a "90's Night" Where they wear the Flo-Jo's, bring over the Market Square Arena floor that's being used at NIFS on IUPUI's campus, have the players come out to 2 Unlimited's "Get Ready for This", and have Reb Porter come out of retirement and get a true send-off with him giving us one more "ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL RIGHT PACER PEOPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE! Let's get on your feet and cheer for your..........INDIANAAAAAAAAA PACERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!"

And while it's impossible with Josh using it, and unlikely since the team has high standards, I'm sure Peck would agree with me in that it'd be a perfect night to retire Dale Davis' #32 to the rafters. Bring Reggie, A.D., Rik, Mark, Derrick McKey, everyone back.

And make it a home game against the Knicks.

But that's just my suggestion.

MyFavMartin
01-14-2011, 11:54 AM
I actually like the yellow unis.

I have to call them yellow, because the Wiz have those truly awful gold unis.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/wizretiregold.jpg

Mackey_Rose
01-14-2011, 12:46 PM
With no disrespect to Grady, they need to have a "90's Night" Where they wear the Flo-Jo's, bring over the Market Square Arena floor that's being used at NIFS on IUPUI's campus, have the players come out to 2 Unlimited's "Get Ready for This", and have Reb Porter come out of retirement and get a true send-off with him giving us one more "ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL RIGHT PACER PEOPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE! Let's get on your feet and cheer for your..........INDIANAAAAAAAAA PACERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!"

And while it's impossible with Josh using it, and unlikely since the team has high standards, I'm sure Peck would agree with me in that it'd be a perfect night to retire Dale Davis' #32 to the rafters. Bring Reggie, A.D., Rik, Mark, Derrick McKey, everyone back.

And make it a home game against the Knicks.

But that's just my suggestion.

I really like the rest of your idea, but Dale's number should never be retired, especially if Smits' number hasn't been.

Hicks
01-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Why does everyone call them the gold jerseys?

They are yellow.

The Blue and Gold. Surely you've read/heard that name applied to the team before. It's just going along with that.

Hicks
01-14-2011, 12:50 PM
As for the alternates, I think they should be home uniforms, not road uniforms.

Trader Joe
01-14-2011, 12:50 PM
I refer to them as the Blue and Gold, but that's more out of practice and tradition more than anything else, and the 90's Pacers color when I became a fan was more "gold" on the jerseys than it is now. Now it is pretty much yellow IMO.

Trader Joe
01-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know what color the Lakers call their regular home jerseys?

Mackey_Rose
01-14-2011, 12:56 PM
I actually like the alternates, and I also wish they would go back to the old-school Royal blue.

cdash
01-14-2011, 02:44 PM

They scrapped those, mercifully. Those were hideous.

I'm glad we haven't seen the banana suits this year, they are terrible looking uniforms. Also, count me in with the rest of you urning for a FloJo throwback night.

jshortt
01-14-2011, 03:04 PM
I was told by somebody in the know that Adidas couldn't get the correct color gold Rev30 material ready in time for the season, so they were scrapped for this year...and possibly for good, but it's still up in the air.

On that note, Duke Dynamite and I were surprised to see them selling Swingman versions of the golds in Home Court.

-J

Trophy
01-14-2011, 03:24 PM
I love our uniforms and honestly believe they're the best in league.

I like the gold ones too as the alternative and hope we see them on the road trip.

Trophy
01-14-2011, 03:25 PM

Those were terrible especially with black shorts and the fact that it has nothing to do with the team's colors made it worse.

Bridge
01-14-2011, 03:26 PM
"ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL RIGHT PACER PEOPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE! Let's get on your feet and cheer for your..........INDIANAAAAAAAAA PACERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!"

That gave me goosebumps.

pacergod2
01-14-2011, 03:42 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/DswMmBSmnWw/0.jpg

I loved when they brought these back. I would love it again if they brought them back for next year.

HC
01-14-2011, 04:53 PM
I like the alternate unis just fine, and look forward to seeing them.

PacersPride
01-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Not a big fan of the gold/yellow jersey, but the pinstripe uni's previous to the current uni's i did like. Those yellow jerseys with blue stripes were pretty sweet, the current ones not so much.

Eddie Gill
01-14-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm not a fan of the yellow alternates. Our normal road blues are some of the best in the league IMO...I like the homes too, but wish they would get rid of the silver striping. SILVER is not a Pacers color.

joew8302
01-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Someone going with the SN Eddie Gill will get a thanks from me! Good stuff.

Deadshot
01-31-2011, 01:30 PM
Thought I would bump this up to say that the website is selling some of the gold jerseys in the new material now. While they might have scrapped them for the season, at least we know that they make them:

http://pacersgear.com/jerseys/revolution30-jerseys.html?p=3

xIndyFan
01-31-2011, 01:35 PM
i like the gold jerseys. :up:

wish the pacers would make them the home uni's. maybe the road uni's also if the team is on a win streak.

i agree the flo-jo's need to be the throwback uniform. they were really nice.

graphic-er
01-31-2011, 01:43 PM
I own a gold Jersey, its awesome.

Day-V
01-31-2011, 01:47 PM
The team should go back to the Flo-Jo's. Permanently.

Aw Heck
01-31-2011, 04:36 PM
I've always liked this idea.

Keep the jerseys the same (essentially), like the Celtics, Lakers and Bulls.

TMJ31
01-31-2011, 05:06 PM
I *HATE* the road Yellow's.

Back in the last few years of the Reggie era, we ALWAYS seemed to play poorly when we used those unis.

I know it's a bunch of superstitious junk... But I swear to you, any time we opened up a 2-5 game road trip (or even just a single road game for that matter) and we were wearing those Yellow unis... I just KNEW we were in for some L's...

And it almost always came about.

I think the colors are hideous, and personally to me they just reek of bad luck.

Eddie Gill
01-31-2011, 05:14 PM

Co-sign. We should be the first NBA team (or really any pro team for that matter) to make throwbacks permanent. I mean really, who doesn't love the Flo-Jo's? Pacers fans will buy them out of nostalgia. Hipsters will buy them ironically. Everyone wins!

Deadshot
01-31-2011, 05:18 PM
I *HATE* the road Yellow's.

I think the colors are hideous, and personally to me they just reek of bad luck.

As opposed to the great luck we're having now?

TMJ31
02-01-2011, 07:17 PM
As opposed to the great luck we're having now?

Point well taken.

What I meant by it though, was that even in the days when we were a perennial playoff team and contender, the yellow road jerseys always seemed to be worn during bad games and bad road trips. I am not saying we won every game with the blue road jerseys, but I can remember feeling a palpable sense of incoming losses every time I saw those yellow jerseys on the road.

Even though now we tend to have bad luck on the road regardless of the jersey color, those bad losses in the yellow's during our glory days has always stuck with me.

I just hate those jerseys...

yoadknux
02-01-2011, 07:24 PM
I actually like them. they show presence!
and yellow is part of the pacers... part of the symbol at least
I'd like to see a few games with these...

Marlin
02-01-2011, 07:39 PM

We should make a petition.

Besides, any truth to the rumors about having new jerseys next year? I thought I read something about it this past offseason.

BringJackBack
02-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Besides, any truth to the rumors about having new jerseys next year? I thought I read something about it this past offseason.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Trophy
02-01-2011, 07:50 PM
I like what we have now and wouldn't go out and change them.

As far as the alternative jerseys, we'll probably see them a few times.

We usually see them more in the second half too.

Pacerfan
02-01-2011, 07:53 PM
I actually like them. they show presence!
and yellow is part of the pacers... part of the symbol at least
I'd like to see a few games with these...

I like them too. They had them on at the game in ATL and it really gave them a presence on the court even during shootaround. You definitely weren't going to miss them out there.... the Hawks jerseys looked rather boring next to theirs'.

pizza guy
02-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Co-sign. We should be the first NBA team (or really any pro team for that matter) to make throwbacks permanent. I mean really, who doesn't love the Flo-Jo's? Pacers fans will buy them out of nostalgia. Hipsters will buy them ironically. Everyone wins!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/011/061/98152909_crop_650x440.jpg?1282241378

I'd sign that petition to bring back the Flo-Jo's.

Hicks
02-01-2011, 09:09 PM
I still would prefer the yellow jerseys as a home alternate rather than as a road alternate.

pizza guy
02-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Ya know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see them use the silver as an alternate jersey, and do it in the silky/shiny material that a few teams have used. Also, change up the font or logo on them, like Denver does with their alts. The yellow is painful, but a silver jersey could be cool.

pujhutt50
02-01-2011, 11:31 PM
I think they need to bring back these retro jerseys:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqzGwmClsbApqg3h4yEKMLilO368EUJ PTQeJidRc6EYKt2ec5F&t=1

pwee31
02-02-2011, 12:29 AM
I like the golds as well. Use them quite a bit when I play on 2k11

Indra
02-02-2011, 02:10 AM
I was so opposed to bringing the FloJo's back as a throwback the past few years, but it's really grown on me lately. I hated them, even when they were our regular jerseys, but it would be nice to start our new future with a nod to the past. Although I think short-shorts should be mandatory on throwback night.