PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Would Be Interested In RFA DeAndre Jordan(We should be 2)

pacer4ever
01-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Restricted free agent big men Marc Gasol and DeAndre Jordan will be two players on New York's radar, according to sources.

Beyond the possibility of acquiring a player of Carmelo Anthony's caliber, the Knicks' greatest need is at center.

Mike D'Antoni has talked about developing 7-foot-1 center Timofey Mozgov for later this season, making a comparison to Toney Douglas' rookie season.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/71117/20110113/knicks_would_be_interested_in_rfa_deandre_jordan/#ixzz1AwINBkqC

So it looks like he will be tuff to get. I really hope we make a bid for him he could really help us out on defense andd rebounding. I still say the Clipps retain him but I hope the Pacers can get him.

BornReady#6
01-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Marc Gasol wouldnt be bad either, he can play the 4 like his brother.

pacer4ever
01-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Marc Gasol wouldnt be bad either, he can play the 4 like his brother.

omg no he can not he is way to slow. Pau is much quicker and moblie

ballism
01-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Marc Gasol was called the Big Burrito in Europe. He had to put so much work on conditioning just to be able to handle the NBA 5 properly... At what point of his career did he inspire the idea that he can play the 4?

pacer4ever
01-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Marc Gasol was called the Big Burrito in Europe. He had to put so much work on conditioning just to be able to handle NBA 5 properly... At what point of his career did he inspire the idea that he can play 4?

Thats my point the guy is still really slow. No point in time he will be able to play the 4.

ballism
01-13-2011, 02:49 PM
As for Jordan.. I love him next to Griffin. But will be too expensive for a backup. Probably will never be good enough to be a starter over Hibbert. Unless Hibbert keeps regressing.
There have been rumors about poor work ethic. I'd say there are more attractive options.
Use the cap on 4 or 2, and try to get a cheap backup 5.
If we are going to break a bank on Jordan, that's a waste.

As for Marc Gasol... I'm fine with it, if we are then willing to package Hibbert and get a star PF/SG. I'm more impressed with Marc than Hibbert, considering mental lapses.

DrFife
01-13-2011, 02:51 PM
But P4E, you don't think Jordan can play the 4 either, so are you arguing that we should pay for an upgrade to Hibbert AND a (separate) upgrade at PF?

pacer4ever
01-13-2011, 03:01 PM
But P4E, you don't think Jordan can play the 4 either, so are you arguing that we should pay for an upgrade to Hibbert AND a (separate) upgrade at PF?

yes , he would be a great backup center or starter and let Roy come off the bench. I think he could play the PF if needed but fouls would be an issue. He is atheltic enoght to play PF just i dont know if he has the discpline to play it. He wouldnt score much but would be a really good dirty worker who can score 10 a game off layups and dunks. and give 10 rebs and 3 blocks per night If given starter mins..