PDA

View Full Version : Rough stretch coming up

huber14
01-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Some tough games coming up on the road. Could the next win not come until the 28th?

Fri 14 vs Chicago 7:00pm
Mon 17 @ LA Clippers 3:30pm
Wed 19 @ Golden State 10:30pm
Sat 22 @ Portland 10:00pm
Sun 23 @ Denver 8:00pm
Wed 26 vs Orlando 7:00pm
Fri 28 vs New Jersey 7:00pm
Sat 29 @ Chicago 8:00pm

imbtyler
01-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Are you counting from one Chicago game to the next? That's where I counted 8.

I voted 6, until the end of the month. If we can keep this up, I bet we can beat Chicago, Golden State, Denver, New Jersey, Chicago again, and Toronto. I think we'll have some issues against the Clippers and Blazers (at this point, at least), but we can still do damage.

ColeTheMole
01-13-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm excited to see Tyler versus Griffin.

pizza guy
01-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Chicago
@Clippers
@Warriors
@Portland
@Denver
Orlando
New Jersey -- 1/28
@Chicago
Toronto

Not terrible. Not like we have LA, SA, and Miami back-to-back. The b2b games are Portland/Denver and NJ/Chicago.

I think we go 5-4 over these 9 games, despite the road games. I think we steal one from Chicago, beat NJ, Golden State, Toronto, and either Denver or Orlando (probably Denver).

pacer4ever
01-13-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm excited to see Tyler versus Griffin.

Griffen is gonna destroy Tyler

imbtyler
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Chicago
@Clippers
@Warriors
@Portland
@Denver
Orlando
New Jersey -- 1/28
@Chicago
Toronto

Not terrible. Not like we have LA, SA, and Miami back-to-back. The b2b games are Portland/Denver and NJ/Chicago.

I think we go 5-4 over these 9 games, despite the road games. I think we steal one from Chicago, beat NJ, Golden State, Toronto, and either Denver or Orlando (probably Denver).

Definitely probably Denver. Orlando (despite last night's loss) is on a roll to make a point. They're Eastern Conference Finals-bound, and without fear. We've got a lot to worry about, especially with Roy vs. Dwight, DC/TJ (probably) vs. Jameer/Arenas, and Bass vs. Tyler/Josh. IMO, the only way we'll get lucky is if Paul and Danny can DO WORK around Hedo. We'll need Paul's defense for sure.

But that's a couple weeks away, anyway. We've got Chicago to worry about now.

BRushWithDeath
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM

He is a much, much better player obviously but I would be surprised if he destroys him.

Sookie
01-13-2011, 12:00 PM
I think we'll definitely beat Golden State and Portland. I don't know about any other team.

It would be completely unfair if we played Denver with Melo, and then he gets traded and we have to play him with the Nets.

Hicks
01-13-2011, 12:01 PM

He didn't the first time. It was fun to see Blake try to out-physical Tyler last time. Tyler held his ground well. Now, if he learns to beat Tyler with his athleticism instead.....

Hicks
01-13-2011, 12:03 PM
I voted for 3. The last two wins made me slightly optimistic.

BPump33
01-13-2011, 12:04 PM
He didn't the first time. It was fun to see Blake try to out-physical Tyler last time. Tyler held his ground well. Now, if he learns to beat Tyler with his athleticism instead.....

Exactly. Watching Tyler put Blake on his *** last time was pretty funny. Saying that, Griffin is an absolute beast and a much better player.

bulldog
01-13-2011, 12:21 PM
I think we'll definitely beat Golden State and Portland. I don't know about any other team.

It would be completely unfair if we played Denver with Melo, and then he gets traded and we have to play him with the Nets.

I think we should count Denver as near an automatic W as you can get in this league, especially with Melo. They are sleep-walking, that Melo trade situation has become toxic and I think they're well on their way to letting this season go up in flames.

Even if the trade is made, are you really concerned about facing a Nets team with Melo and the earthly remains of Richard Hamilton and Chauncey Billups? That team does not strike fear in my heart.

The Clips are streaking but beatable, and I think we could pick up a W against Portland or Golden State. Chicago is obviously much better than us but whenever you play a team twice in a short span you tend to be in at least one of those games.

In other words, I don't think it's a particularly tough stretch, I see us picking up 3-5 W's out of 8, which is consistent with where we've been all season.

xIndyFan
01-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Chicago
@Clippers
@Warriors
@Portland
@Denver
Orlando
New Jersey -- 1/28
@Chicago
Toronto

basically agree. clippers, portland, warriors and new jersey are winable games. NBA being what it is, wouldn't be surprised to lose one of them and win one of the others. i said 4 games, but if you include toronto, i agree with 5 wins.

Sookie
01-13-2011, 12:22 PM
I think we should count Denver as near an automatic W as you can get in this league, especially with Melo. They are sleep-walking, that Melo trade situation has become toxic and I think they're well on their way to letting this season go up in flames.

Even if the trade is made, are you really concerned about facing a Nets team with Melo and the earthly remains of Richard Hamilton and Chauncey Billups? That team does not strike fear in my heart.

The Clips are streaking but beatable, and I think we could pick up a W against Portland or Golden State. Chicago is obviously much better than us but whenever you play a team twice in a short span you tend to be in at least one of those games.

In other words, I don't think it's a particularly tough stretch, I see us picking up 3-5 W's out of 8, which is consistent with where we've been all season.

I would agree, but I think Denver remembers what we did to them. They are much more talanted.

ColeTheMole
01-13-2011, 12:22 PM

Get your Clippers bias out of here. No destroying will be done by anyone on the court. Unless Granger destroys whoever tries to guard him.

pacers74
01-13-2011, 12:25 PM
It is tough, but unless you swapped Denver out and put in Sactown, I couldn't think of an easier west coast road trip.

pacers74
01-13-2011, 12:27 PM
I let these last 2 game get to me and now my optimistic side is comin out again.

pacer4ever
01-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Get your Clippers bias out of here. No destroying will be done by anyone on the court. Unless Granger destroys whoever tries to guard him.

Blake destroyed Bosh and Lebron last night it isnt bias. I am way bigger pacer fan than a clipper fan thats for damm sure. Blake iss so skilled and athletic he is near impossiblee to guard. We might put Danny on him. Blake guarded Lebron some last night the guy is just so good.

ballism
01-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Tyler isn't going to stop Griffin. So far this year, only ZBO and Kris Humphries managed to really bother Griffin individually. They are both massive, super strong, impossible to push players. For us, it will have to be good teamwork.

I'm much more worried about Baron Davis though. If he gets rolling, they are unstoppable. If he stinks as he often does, they are very beatable no matter how well Griffin plays.

MyFavMartin
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
I could see Tyler and Foster being an effective strategy against Griffin. Both guys aren't afraid of the guy or to mix it up. I think you try to make him settle for jumpers and keep him away from the rim or from going to it.

I completely agree that Granger should do well against the Clips.

Chicago misses Noah, which gives us a better chance that them with him.

Golden State we should have.

Portland - Aldridge will be tough to match up with, but they're missing Roy, granted Matthews has stepped up.

Denver's distracted with the Melo-drama and they're not that deep.

New Jersey, we should also have.

Orlando - Tough game, but we played them well earlier.

We're young, deep, and wiley. We're close to 0.500. We'll play hard and see how we come out. I voted for 5, optimistically, but there's been few games that we've not been in this year... granted, December was terrible for us on the road.

huber14
01-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Why I say 1 win.....

Loss Fri 14 vs Chicago - better than our team even without Noah. They still have D-Rose and Boozer

Loss Mon 17 @ LA Clippers - have been playing very well lately. The auburn
mamba will tear this team appart. Not to mention EG has been playing well all season.

Loss Wed 19 @ Golden State - Decent at home against average teams like us. Curry is back and alongside Monta Ellis

Loss Sat 22 @ Portland - Toss up but given it's away and our coach I say loss

Loss Sun 23 @ Denver - They still have Melo and we have a struggling DG

Loss Wed 26 vs Orlando - Unstoppable as of late

Win Fri 28 vs New Jersey -Turrable on the road

Loss Sat 29 @ Chicago 8:00pm - They are 17-3 at home

Day-V
01-13-2011, 05:59 PM

Tyler did pretty good against him at Conseco.....

pacer4ever
01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Tyler did pretty good against him at Conseco.....

He still had 12 and 8 worst game id seen blake play

BlueNGold
01-13-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm surprised by the low expectations. Can't you already tell that something changed since December? I think the Pacers will surprise some teams and I hope the Bulls...but they are such a bad matchup.

ilive4sports
01-13-2011, 06:17 PM
I think we can steal one from Chicago. Clippers is a toss up. They have been playing better lately, but I think we can beat them. We should beat GS. Portland is a toss up too. Denver, DG seems to be out of his slump and he plays his best against stars like Melo and LeBron, he takes that personal. Orlando is playing very, very well, I see that being a loss. We should be NJ, especially if NJ doesn't have Melo by then.

So that makes the best case scenario that is realistic if we play like we should is 6-2. If we play like we most likely are going to play it will be I would say 4-4 with wins against LAC or Portland, GS and NJ. And if we really screw it up we could only beat NJ, but I think that is less likely than going 6-2.

Day-V
01-13-2011, 06:17 PM
He still had 12 and 8 worst game id seen blake play

And you don't think Tyler had any say in that?

pacer4ever
01-13-2011, 06:23 PM

No not really the whole Clipper team had an off night that night. Kind of like Philly vs us early in the season just a bad game all around happens from time to time.

Unclebuck
01-14-2011, 09:55 AM
This next stretch of games is extremely interesting to me. There are very winnable games and very loseable games. Everyone of these games are in the middle category . there are no home games against the Cavs or road games at a 60 win team.

Pacers could beat the Bulls, Clippers, Warriors, Blazers, Nuggets - who knows who might be on that team by then, magic at home, even Nets because who knows who might be on the team by then. Certainly there is no way they will win all of those, but my interest is that each game is very winnable and very loseable. Each game could go either way

Mackey_Rose
01-14-2011, 12:32 PM
I picked two. I think we beat the Nets, barring the Melo/Billups/Rip deal going down before then. The rest of them I am not very confident about, but I'm sure we steal one of other games, so two for me.

Anything more is a bonus.

Chicago is a horrible match-up for us. D-Rose is a monster and we don't have anybody capable of guarding him. I'd probably start Rush on him, but I don't think it will matter who guards him. If we can find a way tonight, I think they blow us out in the return trip to the United Center. I think we can beat the Bulls at home, but I don't think we will.

On paper, the trip out west doesn't look all that bad. We get the LA B-Team, Golden State, a beat-up Blazers team, and the Nuggets, who are in total disarray. This is where I think we steal our first win in this stretch. I think we go 1-3 on this trip. I have no idea which game we win, I'm leaning toward Portland, but I've seen how nuts the Rose Garden gets. It is never easy to win there, no matter which team is out there on the floor.

A loss at home to a much better Orlando team, followed by a win at home against the lowly Nets, and a second loss to the Bulls.

Two wins. Three if I'm feeling really optimistic about this team, but I'm not. The truth is, we can beat any of those teams, and we could also lose any of them, even the Nets at home. With this team, anything is possible.

huber14
01-17-2011, 10:10 PM
lol at the people who voted 6,7 or 8

BRushWithDeath
01-17-2011, 10:39 PM
He is a much, much better player obviously but I would be surprised if he destroys him.

I was half right.

pacer4ever
01-17-2011, 10:42 PM

Blake owned every 1 2 day

huber14
01-20-2011, 05:19 PM
The Pacers now looking at 1 maybe 2 wins the rest of the month if Toronto is included. How did 23 people think they would win 4+ games?

huber14
01-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Maybe I should have put 0 as an option. Man most of you guys were WAY off.