PDA

View Full Version : Dime -- "Top 10 Untouchable Players" (Hibbert over Granger?)

imbtyler
01-13-2011, 11:11 AM
[link (http://dimemag.com/2011/01/the-untouchables-10-nba-players-who-will-never-get-traded-until-they-get-traded/#more-65885)]

10. ROY HIBBERT, Pacers
This spot used to be reserved for Danny Granger, but Hibbert is a young 7-footer who has shown enough improvement to where Indiana wouldn’t take a chance losing him anytime soon. Granger may or may not have plateaued. The exact location of Hibbert’s ceiling is still undefined.

Since it's being thrown around everywhere else, even Dime's gonna mention it. It's looking like expectations of Hibbert are that he'll be more valuable in a few years than Granger is now. Seeing as how a 3-years-later Paul George might replace Granger, according to PD speculation, maybe we'll see him on the list, too.

Another point, though, is that more doubts on Granger's job security are rolling in, and Dime believes that Hibbert (still in his slump) is more likely to stick around than Granger (who, as they say, may have already peaked).

Hicks
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
I would expect Paul to be our alleged 'untouchable' in a couple of years.

BRushWithDeath
01-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Neither one of them should be on that list.

Trader Joe
01-13-2011, 12:00 PM
The better question is how is Hibbert on that list at all...

pacer4ever
01-13-2011, 12:00 PM

if i was gm he would already be untouchable(unless we could get Blake Griffen). He would be the only one on the roster thats untouchable.

pacer4ever
01-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Dwade isnt on here??

Trader Joe
01-13-2011, 12:02 PM
One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong....

Can you tell which thing is not like the others, by the time I'm done singing my song...

imbtyler
01-13-2011, 12:06 PM

Agreed. And hopefully DC, IMO. I don't mind having Hibbert labeled as such, but only if he's worth it then. I don't want us gripping ahold of our starting center, just because we drafted and developed him, if he's just going to be a fluke. Greg Oden missed as many games his sophomore season as he played his rookie season, and he won't even play his third year in the league. And even the Blazers are starting to consider trading the former #1 pick.

All I'm saying is, be prepared to get rid of him if he isn't going to get better. With that said, I hope his ceiling really is invisible for the time being, and he just keeps developing, which he can do.

ballism
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Hmmm I think he was writing another article about top 10 most untouchable 7 footers, and these two articles got mixed up.

MyFavMartin
01-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Roy sticks out like a sore thumb on that list.

PR07
01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
As much as I like Roy, I don't know if I can buy this.

First of all, I'd say the Pacers have an idea of what Roy's ceiling is. While he can be a very good center in this league, it's not like with Dwight Howard coming into the league, where you knew the sky was the limit.

Second, how can you have Hibbert over someone like John Wall?

ballism
01-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Btw, I think CP3 should head that list. As long as NBA owns that franchise, there's 0 chance of him getting moved to another team.

Deron Williams should be high on that list. Wade is the last player getting moved on that team. I'd take away Aldridge, Hibbert and probably Rondo and replace them with those three.

Duncan, Nowitzki, Rondo, Paul Pierce, Westbrook and John Wall are also untouchables imo, although I'd put them out of top 10 if it's strictly a top 10 thing.
Roy Hibbert though? If someone calls us and offers a star, does Larry really hang up? I don't think Roy's untouchable at all.

MyFavMartin
01-13-2011, 02:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ect-kgxBb4M&feature=related

vnzla81
01-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I agree, Roy should be untouchable, how many 7'2 guys are in the NBA that can do the things he does, give him a good coach and he will be amazing.

Regarding Danny, like Hicks said before, replacing an small forward is easier than replacing a center.

Major Cold
01-13-2011, 03:50 PM
I like Roy and all, but seeing him with the rest of that group is unbelievable.