PDA

View Full Version : 1/12/2011 Game Thread #36: Pacers Vs. Mavericks

Pages : 1 [2]

pacer4ever
01-12-2011, 09:54 PM
PLEASE LET PG24 DRIVE HE WOULD HAVE HAD 30 2NITE IF THEY LET HIM DRIVE.

Mackey_Rose
01-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Mackey, was it you who wanted to put money down that we'd be too spent from last night to win tonight?

I considered it, but without Dirk and Butler, that team is terrible. Luckily I didn't.

pacer4ever
01-12-2011, 10:00 PM
I considered it, but without Dirk and Butler, that team is terrible. Luckily I didn't.

they are 28-11

2-6 without Dirk lol

Justin Tyme
01-12-2011, 10:04 PM
I really wonder what Paul did in practice to become part of the rotation. Cant help but think what could have been earlier

In Jimmy's after game interview, he said PG was a terrific player, and played good "D" against the Mavs. Nice to hear him say so.

pacer4ever
01-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Jkidd is now 3rd all time in 3pt shooting. I love watching Kidd play he plays the game the right way a joy to watch still.

Justin Tyme
01-12-2011, 10:14 PM
What was the bigger test? Philly last night or Dallas without Nowitzki and Butler tonight?

I don't want to sound negative, Pacers will take every victory they can get, but Iggy played terrible coming back from injury, and Dirk and Butler out for Dallas. Would the Pacers have beaten either one if both the 76ers and Mavs players played? Not with the way the Pacers had been playing. Take the wins, but don't get too high from wins. Let's hope with Noah out the Pacers can pull out another win. 16-20 looks better than 14-22.

xIndyFan
01-12-2011, 10:20 PM
nice job by jeff. real nice job. it sure was fun watching jeff and chandler duke it out in the paint. it was kinda like the mid-90's. to use a mark jacksonism, a grown man's game.

more jeff is a good thing.

Unclebuck
01-12-2011, 10:21 PM
I really wonder what Paul did in practice to become part of the rotation. Cant help but think what could have been earlier

I think he looks better than he did in November. Practicing every day against Rush, Granger and Dunleavy has really helped him IMO

Day-V
01-12-2011, 10:29 PM
I think he looks better than he did in November. Practicing every day against Rush, Granger and Dunleavy has really helped him IMO

Agreed. He showed flashes in pre-season and early regular season, but he also looked lost a good portion of the time. both on offense AND defense.

He just looks like he's much more confident with his role on the court.

BlueNGold
01-12-2011, 10:30 PM

Paul is in a great situation to fluorish. The perfect combination of guys to defend IMO. ...and facing Rush has to be a battle on offense.

pacer4ever
01-12-2011, 10:33 PM
nice job by jeff. real nice job. it sure was fun watching jeff and chandler duke it out in the paint. it was kinda like the mid-90's. to use a mark jacksonism, a grown man's game.

Jeff got a way with a bunch 2nite. Chandler was right for being mad about that call. Jeff is a crafty player.

xIndyFan
01-12-2011, 10:40 PM
couple of things.

though jim did a nice coaching job tonight. using the bench enough to keep guys minutes down, riding the hot hand on offense.

it was really really really nice to see someone besides darren out on the break. paul was flying down court on the break. would be nicer if darren had tried to get him the ball more, but it was really nice to see someone running instead of jogging on the break. was nice to see guys getting him the ball in the 2nd half. TJ and jeff especially.

pacer4ever
01-12-2011, 10:41 PM
What stacy patez just said is what Roy needs to learn from Paul. She said Paul is very level headed. That is a really important attribute. To not get to high or low.

xIndyFan
01-12-2011, 11:21 PM
brandon needs some love also. thought he had a really quiet nice night.

pacer4ever
01-12-2011, 11:24 PM
brandon needs some love also. thought he had a really quiet nice night.

gme high 20 pts

CableKC
01-12-2011, 11:25 PM
if the bobcats can beat them then so can we
Yeah, but they have Paul Silas coaching the Bobcats....we have JO'b.

Trophy
01-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Danny didn't score over 20 tonight, but he's been doing the little things a leader should be doing.

If Roy would've gotten more time, he would've had a lot more points.

Keep it going guys.

Trophy
01-12-2011, 11:29 PM
if the bobcats can beat them then so can we

The Bobcats players outside of Wallace and Jackson don't compare to our players.

So yeah, we have a really good chance at beating the Bulls if the Bobcats beat them.

Trophy
01-12-2011, 11:32 PM
pacer4ever,

PG24 does have the best jump shot in the league.

Hopefully 2K puts his form in the game next season.

pacer4ever
01-12-2011, 11:42 PM
pacer4ever,

PG24 does have the best jump shot in the league.

Hopefully 2K puts his form in the game next season.

Ya hopefully he does some Mo-cap work so they have his actual form. That would be sweet.

imbtyler
01-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Managed to completely miss every facet of tonight's game, then just got home, quietly repeating "I bet we lost" to myself over and over as pacers.com loaded, and then shouted, "Holy ****, we won!" after I saw the score. Somehow, despite most odds, we overcame another top-ranked team. And not only that, but PAUL had 16 points (4/6 from 3!!), 4 boards, 2 steals in 18 minutes (more than Posey's 12).

Might Jim be listening?
[/dreamsequence]

Regardless, maybe it's a sight of better days. Maybe Jim's realizing that all he's doing with HIS rotation is losing, and this youth movement (which I still feel is/was inspired by our not-unheard rantings) is winning. More Paul George, more AJ Price, more Lance Stephenson. Lesdoit.

pacer4ever
01-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Managed to completely miss every facet of tonight's game, then just got home, quietly repeating "I bet we lost" to myself over and over as pacers.com loaded, and then shouted, "Holy ****, we won!" after I saw the score. Somehow, despite most odds, we overcame another top-ranked team. And not only that, but PAUL had 16 points (4/6 from 3!!), 4 boards, 2 steals in 18 minutes (more than Posey's 12).

Might Jim be listening?
[/dreamsequence]

Regardless, maybe it's a sight of better days. Maybe Jim's realizing that all he's doing with HIS rotation is losing, and this youth movement (which I still feel is/was inspired by our not-unheard rantings) is winning. More Paul George, more AJ Price, more Lance Stephenson. Lesdoit.

I cant' wait untill Jim(or whoever the HC will be) gives Paul more freedom than just shooting 3s. The guy is much better at getting to the rim and should have the green light to free lance or iso sometimes on the offenseive end. He probly is the best on the team at createing off the dribble for himself and others minus DC.

joeyd
01-13-2011, 12:50 AM

No secret that I love Jeff's game, but something really stood out in the box score tonight. Jeff had as many ORBs as the rest of the team combined, and 6 of his 8 total rebounds were ORBs. Some luck to that percentage, as I think his ORBs usually account for about 40% of his total rebounds. But those ORBs (hey, more ORBs=more points) could not be coming at a better time.

Pacerfan
01-13-2011, 01:25 AM
No secret that I love Jeff's game, but something really stood out in the box score tonight. Jeff had as many ORBs as the rest of the team combined, and 6 of his 8 total rebounds were ORBs. Some luck to that percentage, as I think his ORBs usually account for about 40% of his total rebounds. But those ORBs (hey, more ORBs=more points) could not be coming at a better time.

Yupp... and he had countless tips off of offensive posession where another Pacer got the ball because of the tip. I remember at least 3 off the top of my head.

Deadshot
01-13-2011, 01:28 AM
For those referring to the Bobcats win over the Bulls tonight, I was at the game, and I will say that Chicago played like crap. DRose started off poorly and never quite took off. And for some reason, Silas used a full court press on him for the entire first quarter. I thought it was a strange strategy but it was executed well and seemed to take him out of the game. Charlotte was up 20 at one point but let them get back in for a close game at the end.

schea
01-13-2011, 01:32 AM
The Bobcats players outside of Wallace and Jackson don't compare to our players.

So yeah, we have a really good chance at beating the Bulls if the Bobcats beat them.

DJ Augustin is no slouch & thoroughly outplayed Derrick Rose tonight.
He's also putting up better numbers than Collison & IMO is a better player AT THIS POINT.

The 'Cats also have a very good power forward combo in Tyrus Thomas & Boris Diaw.

Lastly they are playing much much better since Silas took over, I think they're 6-2 since the switch.

For what it's worth I am NO Bobcats fan, I simply live in North Carolina & see a bunch of their games.

Indra
01-13-2011, 01:52 AM
Does anyone else think that Hansbrough's shot is looking a little sweeter. I think he's getting more and more comfortable and he's getting into the flow of the game, rather than getting the ball, thinking about what to do with it, and then chucking up a stinker. Those two back-to-back J's looked pretty. I think he'll always play a little bit out of control, but he looks more composed lately since getting the starts.

D-BONE
01-13-2011, 05:48 AM
What was the bigger test? Philly last night or Dallas without Nowitzki and Butler tonight?

I'd say Philly on the road. Although tonight was 2nd of B2B where key guys played heavy minutes, I think you have to take advantage of Mavs at home minus Dirk and Caron. I'd feel like it would have been a missed opportunity had we lost.

D-BONE
01-13-2011, 05:50 AM
This might have been the most complete performance by the Pacers since November. Nice work.

Definitely. Essentially, everyone who saw minutes contributed in some meaningful. Well, Solo was borderline in terms of game impact. I recall one nice hustle play, but it was canceled out by missing point blank off a nice dime from somebody. At least he allowed our other bigs some rest.

D-BONE
01-13-2011, 05:56 AM
For those referring to the Bobcats win over the Bulls tonight, I was at the game, and I will say that Chicago played like crap. DRose started off poorly and never quite took off. And for some reason, Silas used a full court press on him for the entire first quarter. I thought it was a strange strategy but it was executed well and seemed to take him out of the game. Charlotte was up 20 at one point but let them get back in for a close game at the end.

No doubt Bulls will be peeved Fri. night with their little losing skein. Still, no Noah is to our advantage as is a home game with a little momentum. At minimum, I'm expecting us to challenge them thoroughly.

D-BONE
01-13-2011, 05:59 AM
For all the crap that's been laid at his feet, some of it by me, time to compliment JOB on his lineups these last couple games. Don't know if it will last, but we've seen more of what we've been clamoring for over the last week or so.

Consider these two wins and a really good game (except for the fourth qtr implosion) against the Spurs last Fri and we may be on the verge of some notable progress here. Time will tell. Win against Bulls would really propel us in the right direction.

BringJackBack
01-13-2011, 06:07 AM
I've still got beef.

-TJ should see absolutely no time with AJ and Lance rotting on the bench.
-Paul George should get a lot more minutes.
-Hansbrough should get starters minutes since he is, you know, a starter.
-No more Solo.
-We should see Josh play. Simple as that.

D-BONE
01-13-2011, 06:23 AM
I've still got beef.

-TJ should see absolutely no time with AJ and Lance rotting on the bench.
-Paul George should get a lot more minutes.
-Hansbrough should get starters minutes since he is, you know, a starter.
-No more Solo.
-We should see Josh play. Simple as that.

Well, if PG maintains his recent play, we may see his minutes increase, but I just want him involved and consistent minutes.

TJ, although his play has been poor of late, had some nice plays and positively influenced the game last night. I would also like to see AJ move into his role at some point...ideally after a deadline deal that nets us another inside rotational player.

Josh/Solo - Not concerned whether we see them or not. I haven't given up on Josh, but Tyler looks good and Foster's obviously healthy currently. Solo is what he is and I'd like to see him moved.

Plus, where matchups permit - which I think they usually will - I think lineups with any three of Rush, Dun, DG, George can be successful. A big front-line opponent will will yield a bit more Tyler minutes and maybe some McBob minutes.

DaveP63
01-13-2011, 07:51 AM
I cant' wait untill Jim(or whoever the HC will be) gives Paul more freedom than just shooting 3s. The guy is much better at getting to the rim and should have the green light to free lance or iso sometimes on the offenseive end. He probly is the best on the team at createing off the dribble for himself and others minus DC.

Not only that, but I watched him on the defensive end a lot and the kid works his :censored: off. He's quick enough that he's hard to "pick" and he's smart enough to go under or over, most of the time making the right choice. He's the real deal.

xIndyFan
01-13-2011, 09:07 AM

Yupp... and he had countless tips off of offensive posession where another Pacer got the ball because of the tip. I remember at least 3 off the top of my head.

i wish josh would watch jeff on the boards. is game is so much about anticipation and effort. so much of jeff's rebounding starts before the shot or just as the shot goes up. he starts moving and pushing to get to the right spot before the ball hits the rim. josh tends to watch the ball until it hits the rim and then chases it. by the time he starts to go for the ball, jeff is already in the spot. plus jeff has the quickest layup onto the backboard. marquis daniels was/is the same way. just take the ball and put it up off the backboard. can't be blocked once its off the board. so easy. josh could be a monster just by adding little things like this to his game. they seem like easy things to learn.

Does anyone else think that Hansbrough's shot is looking a little sweeter. I think he's getting more and more comfortable and he's getting into the flow of the game, rather than getting the ball, thinking about what to do with it, and then chucking up a stinker. Those two back-to-back J's looked pretty. I think he'll always play a little bit out of control, but he looks more composed lately since getting the starts.

yes, the game does seem to be slowing down for him some. the nice thing i see is his trying to pass and look for guys to pass to. he is still somewhat of a black hole, but looks like he is trying to get better.

Not only that, but I watched [paul george] on the defensive end a lot and the kid works his :censored: off. He's quick enough that he's hard to "pick" and he's smart enough to go under or over, most of the time making the right choice. He's the real deal.

i agee. his really worked hard on terry. still needs to learn how to fight thru a pick, but that evidently is a learned skill. but he really works at it. plus he has the prettiest jumper.

Trophy
01-13-2011, 09:27 AM
DJ Augustin is no slouch & thoroughly outplayed Derrick Rose tonight.
He's also putting up better numbers than Collison & IMO is a better player AT THIS POINT.

The 'Cats also have a very good power forward combo in Tyrus Thomas & Boris Diaw.

Lastly they are playing much much better since Silas took over, I think they're 6-2 since the switch.

For what it's worth I am NO Bobcats fan, I simply live in North Carolina & see a bunch of their games.

I live in NC too and I've seen a few games on TV.

They clearly need a center and need more of an offensive flow going.

Speed
01-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Found this interesting from today's redux of last nights games.

With a record of 16-20 this season, the Pacers are five games ahead of last year's mark after 36 games.

Since86
01-13-2011, 01:26 PM

It's sweet when it goes in, but he missed his third attempt, and there was still a lot of time left on the clock.

A lot of people around us questioned why he took it so early in the shot clock, when the Pacers needed to work some time off the clock and get some points.

That's what happens with zero to little discipline in shot selection. If he would have missed those two, which I will admit means he wouldn't have shot the third, then they're horrible within the framework of what was happening in the game.

I really don't blame Tyler for it, but he needs to learn better when the next guy steps onto the sidelines.