PDA

View Full Version : 'What should I do?' Uh, probably not this.

Hicks
01-12-2011, 01:06 AM
After the Lakers destroyed Cleveland tonight (http://www.nba.com/games/20110111/CLELAL/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1), here is what popped up shortly afterward on LeBron's twitter account:

Crazy. Karma is a b****.. Gets you every time. Its not good to wish bad on anybody. God sees everything!

http://twitter.com/#!/KingJames/status/25061817583673344

:shakehead

xBulletproof
01-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Wow, what a dumbass.

Seriously?

spazzxb
01-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Wow, maybe he he hasn't been getting the press he "deserves".

Psyren
01-12-2011, 01:20 AM
When will he learn to stop running his mouth?

He's just as bad as Rex Ryan. His comments are ignorant. People generally don't like him (not that he cares), but every time he makes a public comment, he continues to destroy any respect he may have left.

pacer4ever
01-12-2011, 01:21 AM
When will he learn to stop running his mouth?

He's just as bad as Rex Ryan. His comments are ignorant. People generally don't like him (not that he cares), but every time he makes a public comment, he continues to destroy any respect he may have left.

Rex is at least funny and amusing

Shade
01-12-2011, 01:28 AM
Stay classy, LeBron.

PR07
01-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Boy, that really is an ugly score.

Pacerfan
01-12-2011, 01:33 AM
Mike Brown when asked if Lebron's tweet was regarding the Cavs loss: "I don't know, I don't know" with a big smile on his face. He must be happy that he doesn't have to coach him anymore.

Gold
01-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Who's completely sure what and/or who he's talking about?... The timing was convenient, sure, but that could've been about anything.

Shade
01-12-2011, 01:37 AM
Boy, that really is an ugly score.

The Lakers were one field goal from lapping them. But the Pacers still hold the distinction of being the only NBA team to pull that off...barely.

Pacerfan
01-12-2011, 01:40 AM
KingJames LeBron James http://twitter.com/#!/KingJames
Ok Coach Brown. Looking good on NBA Fast Break. U look much better on the sidelines though. Great coach, great man. He'll be back!

that's nice of him.... but he didn't deny what they were implying on fastbreak about his tweet.

Gold
01-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Who's completely sure what and/or who he's talking about?... The timing was convenient, sure, but that could've been about anything.

lol. Actually I'll take that back. After seeing his tweet after. He is most likely talking about the game since he watched Mike Brown. He also didn't deny that it was about the game despite him watching it and it being brought up in the interview.

I still personally don't see anything wrong with the statement either way though.

HOOPFANATIC
01-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Sorry, IMO Lebron is right. That organization deserves what they get. They were way over the top with their reaction.

Basketball Fan
01-12-2011, 02:03 AM
To be fair a lot of NBA players had reactions to that game so it wasn't just LeBron

However while he'd be best served to shut up I think he's directing that at Dan Gilbert above all else.

Of course they both deserve each other. And that team will never get over losing LeBron as long as Gilbert is the owner. I mean they went out of their way to avoid staying at the same hotel as the Heat so they wouldn't run into him. Shows you how mentally fragile this team is.

This would make a great ESPN Documentary one day....

CableKC
01-12-2011, 02:23 AM
The funny thing about Karma is that it works both ways.....

Merz
01-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Do Karma and God go together?

gummy
01-12-2011, 02:34 AM

Depends on the category we're talking about. ;)

But I'd better leave it at that before I derail the whole thread. :devil:

Boo on the tweet.

Dr. Awesome
01-12-2011, 02:48 AM

That was my favorite part. As if his comment wasn't bad enough...

rexnom
01-12-2011, 04:51 AM
LeBron James just doesn't give a **** about what anyone thinks anymore. After 10 years of everyone following his every move and trying to please people, he just doesn't care. It's an interesting approach for someone who's trying to be a global icon but, in it's own way, it explains a lot about him.

thefeistyone
01-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Kind of stupid..if he wanted to hurt Dan Gilbert he did the worst thing he could do to him. He simply left

Dude needs to let it go, everybody knows the cavs suck without him. No reason to bring it up. He needs to focus on winning championships, he can't whine about not having a supporting cast anymore.

MTM
01-12-2011, 09:06 AM
I saw the title of your post and tried to guess what you might write. I knew it would not be what I thought, which is "drive into the lane, jump in the air with no idea what to do with the ball, and commit a turnover." That didn't happen once in the 76ers game.

As for Lebron, I hope there is yet another ironic ending to this saga, which involves him realizing what Karma will do to him. I will be watching the playoffs primarily for this reason (and of course if the Pacers are fortunate enough to make it). Maybe the Pacers can be part of giving him that Karma he deserves.

thewholefnshow31
01-12-2011, 09:18 AM
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z177/thugondarel/DEWEYWO.jpg

All Lebron needs to do now is wear a NWO shirt and drop the leg on Mo Williams and the heel turn will be complete.

I did not like the way Lebron handled the announcement of him leaving, but I kind of find him entertaining if he fully embraces the bad guy persona.

MyFavMartin
01-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Thought this was more a jab at Gilbert than the Cavs or Cleveland.

That being said, let it go.

However, how can a pro team only score 57 points in a game and almost be doubled up?

flox
01-12-2011, 09:24 AM
The team should have waived everyone after that loss.

travmil
01-12-2011, 09:33 AM
As I've said numerous times, at this point it's absolutley impossible for LeBron to open his mouth, or make a statement of any kind, and not make himself look like an even bigger ***hole.

MaxDems
01-12-2011, 09:43 AM
The injury of Varejao is fatal for the Cavs. They don't have any decent Center.

SMosley21
01-12-2011, 10:27 AM
To be fair a lot of NBA players had reactions to that game so it wasn't just LeBron

Mo Williams' twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/mogotti2/status/25074366345650176

"This ****** is embarrassing. I feel like I can't even show my face in Cleve"

Trader Joe
01-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Well, he certainly has embraced being the enemy I'll give him that.

spreedom
01-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Awesome stuff here from LeBron, the ultimate frontrunner.

I love that he says "Karma's a *****" just words before teaching us a valuable lesson about God. I think that's in the Book of The Ephesians.
"That's what you guys get for me dumping you on national TV!"
As if he didn't roll over and die at the end of the Celtics series last postseason. At least this Cleveland team is failing because of a lack of talent, and not a complete and utter spinelessness.
Does LeBron have the absolute worst PR firm ever, or what? Oh wait, we're just threatened by them because they're African Americans.

naptownmenace
01-12-2011, 11:24 AM
His comments were unintentionally funny. I'm sure he meant it to be a serious burn against his former employer but still it was so dumb that it was funny. Bringing God into into it was a nice touch. Next time I hope he just says "God don't like ugly". :sarcasm:

Lebron,

I'm sure God is staying completely out of this and has no interest in the Cavs and Heat/Dan Gilbert and LeBron drama.

King Phoenix
01-12-2011, 12:02 PM
You know what's funny? They did a report at the end of the year to see who's the most hated athlete for the year and the results were;

1. Michael Vick ( who is a MVP candidate )
2. Tiger Woods ( isn't doing so well )
6. LeBron James ( ironically his number, and ironically the only number that many people associate with the devil )

I honestly don't care I didn't like Lebron from day one because of the fact I'm a Kobe fan and thought they gave him to much attention before he even played a game in the NBA. Another thing all of these have in common, the word LOST.

Vick lost his team, freedom, endorsements, playoffs, sorry I'm bitter the colts lost
Tiger lost his edge, wife, respect, and a rediculous amount of money
Lebron on the other hand is just lost altogether! Lol

Peck
01-12-2011, 12:04 PM

I love that he says "Karma's a *****" just words before teaching us a valuable lesson about God. I think that's in the Book of The Ephesians.
As if he didn't roll over and die at the end of the Celtics series last postseason. At least this Cleveland team is failing because of a lack of talent, and not a complete and utter spinelessness.
Does LeBron have the absolute worst PR firm ever, or what? Oh wait, we're just threatened by them because they're African Americans.

Please explain the bolded statement.

If there has been some statement that has been made about this by them or someone else and you are just commenting on this then I understand. Don't agree but understand.

But if you are making this as a statement of your own then this is totally unacceptable.

Basketball Fan
01-12-2011, 12:07 PM

If there has been some statement that has been made about this by them or someone else and you are just commenting on this then I understand. Don't agree but understand.

But if you are making this as a statement of your own then this is totally unacceptable.

I think this was in response to when LeBron was asked if there was a racial element to the backlash and he said there was or something to that effect. I personally think he has a point that it was a factor but it wasn't the only one.

Sookie
01-12-2011, 12:11 PM

Lebron claimed that the reason people were upset with him over the summer was because he was black. (I think Carter said it first, and Lebron agreed..)

IndySDExport
01-12-2011, 12:13 PM
LeBron's ego is amazing.

I cannot believe the implication he's making here:

"God is personally punishing the Cavs for the way they treated me. God laid the smack down because of what was said about me. You better not talk bad about me because God is listening and he takes care of me. me me me me me me. I had nothing to do with the demise of the Cleveland Cavaliers it was God getting revenge for me."

Hicks
01-12-2011, 12:21 PM
The King of Kings supports The King? ... With Karma? ;)

spreedom
01-12-2011, 12:25 PM

Maverick Carter made a statement at the end of the summer that all of the backlash towards LeBron's "Decision" and criticism of his "team" (marketing agents) was because people we're threatened by young African-American men in positions of power.

Peck
01-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Ok, thanks for clarifying that.

With all of the noise about LeBron somehow that one got lost on me.

Carry on.

vapacersfan
01-13-2011, 08:20 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6016717

LeBron James: Tweet not for Cavs

and then attempted to imply they weren't even his.

"It's just how I was feeling at the time," James said. "It wasn't even a comment from me, it was someone who sent it to me and I sent it out. It wasn't toward that team. It definitely wasn't a good showing by that team last night, I know they wish they would've played better."

The entry on James' Twitter account did not indicate it was a re-tweet from another user. James also did not fully explain the meaning behind the statement, though he did say that karma is a word and concept "I've kinda always used my whole life."
"I don't think there was intent at all," James said.

"I think everyone looks into everything I say. Everybody looks too far into it. No hit toward that organization. I've moved on and hopefully that organization is continuing to move on. But I'm happy where I am as a Miami Heat (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=mia) player."

When asked to clarify his confusing comments, James and the questions were cut off by a member of the Heat public relations staff.

bellisimo
01-13-2011, 09:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6016717

LeBron James: Tweet not for Cavs

thats just the PR dept. trying to cover up for LBJ - but it was a messy clean up as you can tell from the way he went sideways/etc...

HC
01-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Sorry, IMO Lebron is right. That organization deserves what they get. They were way over the top with their reaction.

So basically you agree with the sentiment that God is punishing the Cleveland Cavaliers because of what Lebron done to them? ..........ok

HC
01-13-2011, 09:14 AM
His comments were unintentionally funny. I'm sure he meant it to be a serious burn against his former employer but still it was so dumb that it was funny. Bringing God into into it was a nice touch. Next time I hope he just says "God don't like ugly". :sarcasm:

Lebron,

I'm sure God is staying completely out of this and has no interest in the Cavs and Heat/Dan Gilbert and LeBron drama.

Yes, using God to set your example, and then following it up with a curse word, always go hand in hand.

vapacersfan
01-13-2011, 09:25 AM

Dan Gilbert def overreacted, but I think many peopel would be upset, and while he should have handled it WAY better I have a hard time blaming him for being emotional and standing up for his team.

That said, if LeBron is right about that, then he is also right that he handled that 100% the wrong way and that karma works both ways.

That said, God doesnt care about the Cavs or the Heat, so I think we can leave himher out of it

ballism
01-13-2011, 09:31 AM
It's kind of silly to cover this up. I thought the tweet was funny to begin with. There's a lot of bad blood there, and media loves to dig into it. There was a voodoo ritual performed on him on Cleveland radio. There's nothing to salvage. I know people compared him to an NWO Hulk Hogan, and honestly, I'd rather see him as a bully than someone who says stupid stuff and then goes out of his way to cover it up.

Then again, I love guys with "hate me, i dont care" personas - like KG, Kobe, Noah, Bird, Oakley or Lambeer. So maybe that's just me. But this whole 'oops, that's not what I meant' thing is very tiresome.

Trader Joe
01-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Lebron got hurt last night and the HEat lost to the Clippers snapping their 13 game road winning streak.

Karma is indeed a *****, Lebron.

Hicks
01-13-2011, 11:24 AM
They should have titled the article, "If I Said It."