PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hoping the Pacers lose tonight and beyond?

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 02:05 PM
I have wrestled with the meaning of "true fan" and my support of the Pacers. After the last couple of days I have come to the conclusion that I actually want the Pacers to lose. As horrible as that sounds , I would rather have that lead to the firing of our coach, then go on any kind of wining streak and ultimately, God help us, give any consideration to bringing the caoch back next year.

I really hope the Pacers continue to lose and ultimately the Pacers are pressure into letting the coach go.

The thing is it wouldnt be so bad if he was an average to below average coach, but PLAYERS LIKED PLAYING FOR HIM!!!!!

I can not take the cockiness, the defiant stances which go against any grain of common sense, and most importantly the arrogant way in which he nonchalantly trashes the players and takes jabs in the media. This is reached a fever point with me to even watch any longer.

A blind man can see the discouragement in the players eyes. There is no continuity in the rotation, the substitution and match ups make absolutely no sense, and I know people will say "they are paid a lot of money to act professional" but if the coach was my boss, I would rather sling burgers at Mickey D's then be miserable at work .

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over , but expecting a different result. I am going freakin insane. Why do I watch? Why do I torment myself, watching us up on the Spurs by11 points in the fourth, only to see a stimulating back court of DC/TJ and the loss of a winnable game.

So from here on out I actually want the Pacers to lose until the coach is replaced

So crucify me, but that is my personal stance after giving the coach more chances then my son's mother.

Im done ranting but will cheer the sixers tonight

God help me

PS for those that dont blame the coach or thinks he deserves more time, then I say trade everyone on the team not named AJ, Tyler or Paul

:(

Unclebuck
01-11-2011, 02:08 PM
whatever

Scot Pollard
we're all torn between playoffs which means a higher chance of jim staying or missing the playoffs and jim probably leaving

UGH....this so tough

BobbyMac
No

BobbyMac
01-11-2011, 02:09 PM
BTW....the word is lose not loose...

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 02:16 PM
whatever

Gee Buck

I really thought someone of your perceived level of intelligence would offer something of much more subsistence then "whatever"

Thats my only beef with this board at times

Why does an opinion, regardless of how it is perceived, draw nasty responses from people?

What a boring azz world it would be if we all agreed

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 02:17 PM
BTW....the word is lose not loose...

LOL

Thanks "angry typing"

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 02:18 PM
we're all torn between playoffs which means a higher chance of jim staying or missing the playoffs and jim probably leaving

UGH....this so tough

Thanks for the kind response my man.

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 02:25 PM
whatever

for that matter what is so wrong about taking a stance as a paying fan. I might not attend all the games because I am not local , but I did pay for NBA league pass which provides additional revenue for the Pacers

Dont I , as a paying customer and fan, have the right to boycott the product?

What is so bad about saying "enough is enough"? Do the Pacers care that we as fans have to watch a regime single handily destroying our franchise? Does the pathetic turnout at Conseco, even with tickets be given away, mean anything. We made the playoffs I believe something like 14 out of the 15 seasons prior to the coach, now we havent made it in 4 years

Do they care were in the worst economic crisis of our lifetime? Yet the continue to put an inferior product on the floor, so little upward movement, and continue to employ a coach that would be lucky to get a bench job?

When is enough enough?

Should we blindly support the Pacers at all costs? keep our head on the sand and continue saying" as long as they are choir boys off the court, who cares if the win games

Well for me, as my God given right I have said ENOUGH!!

and I would argue I am much more of a fan for saying enough then to stand by idly supporting a team coached by a clueless egomaniac

BornReady#6
01-11-2011, 02:28 PM
I never want to see the Pacers lose, sure it sucks, but Im still a fan!

Kstat
01-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Hoping the pacers "loose?" what are they, Lassie?

BRushWithDeath
01-11-2011, 02:30 PM
If TJ Ford plays more than Darren Collison and/or AJ Price, if Mike Dunleavy plays more than Brandon Rush and/or Paul George, if James Posey plays more than Josh McRoberts and /or Tyler Hansbrough, if Foster plays more than Roy Hibbert and/or McRoberts, then I truly don't give a **** whether they win or lose.

If we went with a primarily eight man rotation of Collison and Price at point, Granger, Rush and George on the wing, and Hibbert, McRoberts, and Hansbrough as the bigs I would be much more emotionally invested in seeing the team succeed. And I think it would succeed at least as much as it does now.

Eleazar
01-11-2011, 02:32 PM
I'll never root for them to lose, but at the same time I don't care if they lose.

Unclebuck
01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Gee Buck

I really thought someone of your perceived level of intelligence would offer something of much more subsistence then "whatever"

Thats my only beef with this board at times

Why does an opinion, regardless of how it is perceived, draw nasty responses from people?

What a boring azz world it would be if we all agreed

I started and got through about three sentences and decided to just say whatever, ok that is your opinion. I understand. Nothing I was going to say was new, so I stopped

xBulletproof
01-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Here's been my take on it lately. Since the New York game with the Posey/ Amare incident, I've very much been on the fire O'Brien warpath. However, it doesn't cause me to want the Pacers to lose, it just makes me indifferent to it.

Usually I'd be annoyed or bothered for a bit when they lose, but the losses since that game I just shrug and go ..."one step closer".

It's pretty sad, but that's what it's come to with me.

MyFavMartin
01-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Philly is currently playing well and after hearing that the Pacers spent all 2 hours of practice yesterday on the offense, I'd like to see the Pacers play well and, hopefully, win and give us fans some hope for the season and playoffs.

dgranger33
01-11-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't want to see the Pacers lose ever, but then again I do not support Jim O'Brien at all. He is the worst coach in the NBA by far. I don't want him as our coach after this season, but I don't want to see the Pacers lose. We all need to send Larry Bird emails that we will not pay to see the Pacers play until they fire O'Brien.

Kstat
01-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I think %50 of NBA fans believe their team "has the worst coach in the NBA by far."

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Hoping the pacers "loose?" what are they, Lassie?

it was a typo

lighten up Francis

Pacers4Life
01-11-2011, 02:46 PM
screw this noise.. we're gonna win toinight!! PLAYOFFS... PLAYOFFS... PLAYOFFS!!
No more 11-14 picks for us... it will not help us. And maybe the playoffs wont so much either.. but they'll help me

naptownmenace
01-11-2011, 02:48 PM
I never want the Pacers to lose.

What I really want is for everyone to play lights out, for the coaching staff to figure out the rotations and best schemes for the players on the squad, and for the Pacers to go on a 6 game win streak. Finally, I want the Pacers to make the playoffs and put a scare in the Heat by winning 2 games.

If I'm going to hope for something... I'll hope for that.

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 02:48 PM
I started and got through about three sentences and decided to just say whatever, ok that is your opinion. I understand. Nothing I was going to say was new, so I stopped

In a way I understand. I hate being negative, but how much can one take.

Sorry if I came off abrupt with you

The new idea here to me is about banding together collectively. I know it has been said before, but we have a couple hundred members here at least. Why not sign a collective letter and send it to the Pacers front office

Hicks
01-11-2011, 02:49 PM
The team has been in NBA Hell for years. They need to either lose a lot more, or win a lot more, but for the love of God stop doing what they've been doing.

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 02:57 PM
The team has been in NBA Hell for years. They need to either lose a lot more, or win a lot more, but for the love of God stop doing what they've been doing.

Finally a voice of reason form a respected member of PD!!

Hicks you have been , to me recollection, very patient with the teams "rebuilding efforts"

So for you to use all caps and that response, further lets me know how bad it truly is

SMosley21
01-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Here's been my take on it lately. Since the New York game with the Posey/ Amare incident, I've very much been on the fire O'Brien warpath. However, it doesn't cause me to want the Pacers to lose, it just makes me indifferent to it.

Usually I'd be annoyed or bothered for a bit when they lose, but the losses since that game I just shrug and go ..."one step closer".

This basically sums up my feelings right now as well. I can honestly say, I haven't taken a loss personally (which I normally do) since the New York game.

SMosley21
01-11-2011, 03:00 PM
I think %50 of NBA fans believe their team "has the worst coach in the NBA by far."

I know a guy who is a huge Trailblazers fan and has been calling for Nate McMillan's head for 2 years now, despite their success.

troyc11a
01-11-2011, 03:03 PM

Hicks you have been , to me recollection, very patient with the teams "rebuilding efforts"

So for you to use all caps and that response, further lets me know how bad it truly is

I read this forum a lot and occasionaly post but this thread topic struck a nerve. I feel it is never right to "tank" a game. Not even for a #1 overall pick. The Pacers owe it to the fans who bought tickets to put forth their best effort. Is there anything sicker than watching an NBA player who doesn't care?

The only middle ground to this is to play the youth - George, Stephenson, and Price to see what they can do. This is not tanking. This is making an organizational decision to evaluate who will be with the team as they move forward. I said this last year when JOB played the veterans and won all those meaningless games as the younger players sat.

With playing the younger players, losses will accumulate, but it is not tanking. And as for rooting for the Sixers - anyone who does that should be banned from this forum until they apologize. You are a fan or you are not!

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 03:07 PM
I read this forum a lot and occasionaly post but this thread topic struck a nerve. I feel it is never right to "tank" a game. Not even for a #1 overall pick. The Pacers owe it to the fans who bought tickets to put forth their best effort. Is there anything sicker than watching an NBA player who doesn't care?

The only middle ground to this is to play the youth - George, Stephenson, and Price to see what they can do. This is not tanking. This is making an organizational decision to evaluate who will be with the team as they move forward. I said this last year when JOB played the veterans and won all those meaningless games as the younger players sat.

With playing the younger players, losses will accumulate, but it is not tanking. And as for rooting for the Sixers - anyone who does that should be banned from this forum until they apologize. You are a fan or you are not!

I appreciate your response, and thanks

I think its not I want them to "tank", but to have a plan. We should have went with a youth movement 2 years ago, and if we did we would be in a much better position then we are currently.

So to me doing nothing = losing time

troyc11a
01-11-2011, 03:12 PM
I appreciate your response, and thanks

I think its not I want them to "tank", but to have a plan. We should have went with a youth movement 2 years ago, and if we did we would be in a much better position then we are currently.

So to me doing nothing = losing time

You are so right on that! Thanks for clearing that up. I just really feel we are fans of who we are rooting for. Some on this board say they will root for the Sixers - that by definition makes them a "Sixers" fan and they don't belong on this forum.

I guess your post was just the last one I read before commenting. In reality, your post didn't upset me like some others did. It was just the last one I read!

MiaDragon
01-11-2011, 03:13 PM

UGH....this so tough

its not.

kester99
01-11-2011, 03:14 PM

A voice of reason in 24 pt flaming red italic font? It's come to this?

Go Pacers. Beat Philly! O'Brien's gone anyway after this season.

You want to see a player revolt? Tell Tyler, Roy, et al to phone it in.

imbtyler
01-11-2011, 03:17 PM
If you're going to root against your own team, then you're not acting as a fan of your own team. I don't even live in the state anymore, but I'd rather root for the Pacers than the Magic, because they're MY team. Anyone who roots against MY team is my enemy. I don't care if you have the "right to boycott" or whatever, keep doing it. Maybe your unheard boos will make you feel better, because it's not going to help us win, lose, or get Jim out of here.

I don't want him here any more than you do, but Jim obviously isn't leaving before tonight's game. And if you give up on the team, like you ARE doing, then you're being just as much of a discouraging, anti-helpful, pessimistic ***** that Jim is being. So if you think that the players would appreciate you supporting the opposing team because of a factor that doesn't involve them, then go ahead. You're just as bad as Jim.

This is MY personal opinion, so feel free to crucify me while you defend yourself. You set yourself up to be a martyr, so take it like a martyr.

Pacers4Life
01-11-2011, 03:18 PM

What I really want is for everyone to play lights out, for the coaching staff to figure out the rotations and best schemes for the players on the squad, and for the Pacers to go on a 6 game win streak. Finally, I want the Pacers to make the playoffs and put a scare in the Heat by winning 2 games.

this is beautiful. We're the Pacers... We just do what we do. Hop on or get off please.

imbtyler
01-11-2011, 03:27 PM

THREE GAMES!
GO PACERS!

MyFavMartin
01-11-2011, 03:31 PM
AI's out.

Eleazar
01-11-2011, 03:31 PM
THREE GAMES!
GO PACERS!

You two are shooting too low, NBA Championship is where it is at.

MyFavMartin
01-11-2011, 03:32 PM
I know a guy who is a huge Trailblazers fan and has been calling for Nate McMillan's head for 2 years now, despite their success.

Offer him to trade JOB for Nate.

Pacers4Life
01-11-2011, 03:33 PM
but in all seriousness... I've been clamoring for a Put Up or Shut Up game since the Spurs game ( i was there.. thought we had it man)... It has to start tonight. They're chasing US. Keep it that way.

Its often started even a little earlier.. but It's Jan-Feb that usually KILL US. So.. As we do or at least most certainly show a particular fondness for repeating ourselves here... Put Up or SHUT UP!! :gopacers:

Unclebuck
01-11-2011, 03:36 PM

No truer words have ever been spoken

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 03:40 PM
And as for rooting for the Sixers - anyone who does that should be banned from this forum until they apologize. You are a fan or you are not!

Thank you Stalin

just jokin bro

imbtyler
01-11-2011, 03:41 PM
but in all seriousness... I've been clamoring for a Put Up or Shut Up game since the Spurs game ( i was there.. thought we had it man)... It has to start tonight. They're chasing US. Keep it that way.

Its often started even a little earlier.. but It's Jan-Feb that usually KILL US. So.. As we do or at least most certainly show a particular fondness for repeating ourselves here... Put Up or SHUT UP!! :gopacers:

QFT.

Also, I don't see why we can't turn around this losing streak against the Sixers tonight. These guys are right behind us, and we need to show that they have two more losses for a reason. However, their home record is better than our road record (which is preposterous), so there's that factor.

Put in George to shut down Iguodala. It'll be necessary.

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 03:42 PM
A voice of reason in 24 pt flaming red italic font? It's come to this?

Go Pacers. Beat Philly! O'Brien's gone anyway after this season.

You want to see a player revolt? Tell Tyler, Roy, et al to phone it in.

That one made me laugh

Needed that bro, thanks

CableKC
01-11-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm torn on this too.....if JO'B continues to do what he does ( specifically, go with Small ball while playing Posey at the PF spot to close games, stick Solo in over Hibbert, ignore Hansbrough and McBob, all the stuff that irritates 2/3 of the board ) and losing these games where JO'B coaches this way begins to prompt the FO to consider firing him...then, yes...I have no problem with us losing games.

But if we start seeing far more consistent minutes involving DC/BRush/PG/Granger/Hansbrough/Hibbert/AJ on a regular basis, then I am all for that and hope that we can win....but if they lose with that combo...I'll be disappointed but won't mind as much since I'd rather see the young core play.

Is it wrong for a fan to hope that the Team loses?

In a "either or" world where the answer is either "Yes" or "No", I guess the answer should be "No". But we don't live in a "either or" world, we live in "shades of gray" where there is no absolute answer...one way or another.

Why isn't it okay for 90sNBARocked to hope for losing ( based on the assumption that the losing COULD finally prompt the FO to make a Coaching change...something that he and a majority of the Forum here thinks is necessary ) but still be a true Pacer fan?''

This is the problem that I have with most of the responses here. This whole "Fire JO'B" discussion has gotten so bad that it has pushed some die-hard Pacer fans to consider the inconceivable and sacrilegious by hoping that the losing would actually prompt the FO to finally come to their senses and "fire JO'B".

Although 90sNBARocked can speak for himself....based off of his responses...I don't get the sense that he wants the Team to lose because he hates the Franchise or that he's not a fan anymore....I get the sense that he hopes ( like I do ) that if JO'B continues to do what he does ( as in the inexplicable things that we continually complain about ) and the losing continues that the FO will do what many of us have been hoping for so that we can simply change the direction of the Team. As Seth has mentioned before....other Coaches have been fired for far less. If losing prompts that change, then I'm okay with that.

HC
01-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Well when I sit down to watch games I always believe the Pacers have a chance to win. I always think that this is going to be the night they turn it around. I'm just waiting on the kind of ball movement we seen in November to resurface. I am also not indifferent to losses, not yet anyways. They still bother me, but I do get over it. I guess all this must make me a sucker.

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 03:46 PM
just my opinion but we should have started the youth movement 2 years ago instead of acting like the team, as currently constructed, could be a playoff contender

Look at what the Clippers started doing, playing Aminu and Bledsoe

Also I dont feel anyone has the right here to decide who is a "fan or not", especially based on, God forbid, wanting the Pacers to get off the redundant train of mediocrity

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm torn on this too.....if JO'B continues to do what he does ( specifically, go with Small ball while playing Posey at the PF spot to close games, stick Solo in over Hibbert, ignore Hansbrough and McBob, all the stuff that irritates 2/3 of the board ) and losing these games where JO'B coaches this way begins to prompt the FO to consider firing him...then, yes...I have no problem with us losing games.

But if we start seeing far more consistent minutes involving DC/BRush/PG/Granger/Hansbrough/Hibbert/AJ on a regular basis, then I am all for that and hope that we can win....but if they lose with that combo...I'll be disappointed but won't mind as much since I'd rather see the young core play.

Is it wrong for a fan to hope that the Team loses?

In a "either or" world where the answer is either "Yes" or "No", I guess the answer should be "No". But we don't live in a "either or" world, we live in "shades of gray" where there is no absolute answer...one way or another.

Why isn't it okay for 90sNBARocked to hope for losing ( based on the assumption that the losing COULD finally prompt the FO to make a Coaching change...something that he and a majority of the Forum here thinks is necessary ) but still be a true Pacer fan?''

This is the problem that I have with most of the responses here. This whole "Fire JO'B" discussion has gotten so bad that it has pushed some die-hard Pacer fans to consider the inconceivable and sacrilegious by hoping that the losing would actually prompt the FO to finally come to their senses and "fire JO'B".

Although 90sNBARocked can speak for himself....based off of his responses...I don't get the sense that he wants the Team to lose because he hates the Franchise or that he's not a fan anymore....I get the sense that he hopes ( like I do ) that if JO'B continues to do what he does ( as in the inexplicable things that we continually complain about ) and the losing continues that the FO will do what many of us have been hoping for so that we can simply change the direction of the Team. As Seth has mentioned before....other Coaches have been fired for far less. If losing prompts that change, then I'm okay with that.

Well said, and it echoed my sediments perfectly

Unless I am a masochist, why on God's earth would I follow the Pacers unless I was a fan

ECKrueger
01-11-2011, 03:49 PM
If TJ Ford plays more than Darren Collison and/or AJ Price, if Mike Dunleavy plays more than Brandon Rush and/or Paul George, if James Posey plays more than Josh McRoberts and /or Tyler Hansbrough, if Foster plays more than Roy Hibbert and/or McRoberts, then I truly don't give a **** whether they win or lose.

If we went with a primarily eight man rotation of Collison and Price at point, Granger, Rush and George on the wing, and Hibbert, McRoberts, and Hansbrough as the bigs I would be much more emotionally invested in seeing the team succeed. And I think it would succeed at least as much as it does now.

This is kind of how I think. If all of a sudden we played the young guys more I would care a lot more. Now, especially since I have to look for feeds of games, if I even watch the game I don't even care if we win or lose all that much. If we lose it is almost expected.

I agree we need to win a lot more or lose a lot more to actually get any where.

Hicks
01-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Would it have been more reasonable if I'd used blue? .............

imbtyler
01-11-2011, 03:57 PM
just my opinion but we should have started the youth movement 2 years ago instead of acting like the team, as currently constructed, could be a playoff contender

Look at what the Clippers started doing, playing Aminu and Bledsoe

Also I dont feel anyone has the right here to decide who is a "fan or not", especially based on, God forbid, wanting the Pacers to get off the redundant train of mediocrity

Stop *****ing about having the "right" to do something. I have the right to do or say whatever I want on this message board of redundancy and hate, both of which you support. If rights WERE issued on PacersDigest, then they would probably be given to those who support the Pacers; not to pissed-off, resentful haters.

Regardless, I said you weren't ACTING like a fan of the Pacers. Which is what you are doing by supporting an opposing team over your own, with the only reason being the idiot coach, and maybe the equally stupid GM.

As has been said before around here on PD (I already said it was redundant), giving up on the whole team is not the answer, when one part of the machine is the problem. Take all that encouragement that you're NOT giving to Jim, and give it to the players, because they NEED it.

IUfan4life
01-11-2011, 04:04 PM
JOB is gone after this year, it doesn't matter what happens.

Anyone who actively roots for the Pacers to lose has no backbone

Since86
01-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Can we come up with a list of actions that are acceptable, and which ones aren't? I think that would help clarify who true fans are, and who are the mere posers.

CableKC
01-11-2011, 04:07 PM

You sure that JO'B is going to be gone after this season?

I think that is likely....but if we make the Playoffs.....IMHO...all bets are off. I wouldn't put it past the FO to keep JO'B on for another season just because he was able to get us to the Playoffs ( the primary goal of the FO IMHO ).

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Stop *****ing about having the "right" to do something. I have the right to do or say whatever I want on this message board of redundancy and hate, both of which you support. If rights WERE issued on PacersDigest, then they would probably be given to those who support the Pacers; not to pissed-off, resentful haters.

Regardless, I said you weren't ACTING like a fan of the Pacers. Which is what you are doing by supporting an opposing team over your own, with the only reason being the idiot coach, and maybe the equally stupid GM.

As has been said before around here on PD (I already said it was redundant), giving up on the whole team is not the answer, when one part of the machine is the problem. Take all that encouragement that you're NOT giving to Jim, and give it to the players, because they NEED it.

Who are you yelling at?

Who decided you were the end all be all judge?

Get off your high horse

I love it when people come on this board acting all flustered and then yell at people because they feel they are simon cowhered

D-BONE
01-11-2011, 04:14 PM
I never root against the Pacers, but come on already with some of the self righteousness. 90s NBA is probably just frustrated like the rest of us.

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 04:15 PM

So if my team was playing the last game of the season, and they were out of the playoffs, I would be "less of a fan" if I wanted them to lose the last game of the season which could have given a much better draft position (kind of like the last 3 years)?

We have different versions of a "fan"

I also think if you are a "fan" of your team and you accept no forward ,only backward movement, a poor product, and little hope, then you are doing a disservice to your team

Would the CEO of a major company be lauded for keeping the same under performing people on staff? Or would he be doing the company a favor by reducing dead weight, increasing productivity, and have a legitimate plan to succeed in place

Bball
01-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Has anyone heard one comment from the front office or citing inside knowledge that O'Brien won't be back next year or that his job could be in jeopardy?

All I've heard is wishful thinking from a few posters. Once he made it back after year two all bets are off. For all I know the front office sees him as our Jerry Sloan.

CableKC
01-11-2011, 04:22 PM
So if my team was playing the last game of the season, and they were out of the playoffs, I would be "less of a fan" if I wanted them to lose the last game of the season which could have given a much better draft position (kind of like the last 3 years)?
Let's be clear here....losing so that we have more ping-pong balls in the lottery is different then losing so that we there is a greater chance that the FO will finally let JO'B go. Which one are you for?

I assume that you created this thread for the latter reason ( hoping that we'll continue to lose in the hopes that the FO will come to their senses and finally let JO'B go ) and that is what you are hoping for.

IF JO'B continues to do what we did in November ( basically all the reasons why most of us want him gone ), then I really do hope that we continue to lose cuz I am hoping that the FO will let JO'B go for that reason.

But if JO'B finally starts to give the young Players consistent minutes and limits the minutes that Posey/TJ/Solo gets, then I'll be okay with that and won't be hoping that we lose games.

colts19
01-11-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't want us to continue to lose. I want to have something to look forward to in my sports life. So since all Jim has done since he's been here is lose and they haven't fired him yet nothing will change if he continues to lose.

Maybe at some point in time larry will look at the crazy rotations and the insane coaching and say well even though we may be winning this guy just sucks as a coach and fire him.

Scot Pollard
01-11-2011, 04:38 PM
WHAT SHOULD WE DO?

should we lose to get a new coach?

should we win to make the playoffs?

but if we lose its deja vu again but we get a new coach

if we win we probably keep jim obrien but we make the playoffs finally and have something to be proud of plus an attendance increase

ughhhhh

what should the indiana pacers do?

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Let's be clear here....losing so that we have more ping-pong balls in the lottery is different then losing so that we there is a greater chance that the FO will finally let JO'B go. Which one are you for?

I assume that you created this thread for the latter reason ( hoping that we'll continue to lose in the hopes that the FO will come to their senses and finally let JO'B go ) and that is what you are hoping for.

IF JO'B continues to do what we did in November ( basically all the reasons why most of us want him gone ), then I really do hope that we continue to lose cuz I am hoping that the FO will let JO'B go for that reason.

But if JO'B finally starts to give the young Players consistent minutes and limits the minutes that Posey/TJ/Solo gets, then I'll be okay with that and won't be hoping that we lose games.

That

My first choice would be they win and win consistently

but since that is a dream

If losing games is what it takes to finally get this clown out of coaching our team, and hopefully putting a solid realistic plan (hell anything different from the last 3 years)in place , then yes I would rather they lose then do what I fear they will do as always, which is...

go on a meaningless roll at the end of the season , barely miss the playoffs, and then feed us the same year after year BS of how "late season runs carry over to next year

JMHO

sportfireman
01-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I ALWAYS want the Pacers to win....ALWAYS!!!:hmm:

Justin Tyme
01-11-2011, 04:54 PM

I have no problem with how 90 feels. I find myself at times feeling the same way, and I've been a Pacers fan b4 a good many of you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye. It's called FRUSTRATION! Being so frustrated that others, Bird and Simon, can't see it for what it is and make a change. You just wonder how blind they can be to continually allow this to continue. The more you see the losing the more frustrated you get, and finally just have to say how you feel whether others agree or not. If 90 wasn't a true Pacers fan, he wouldn't have even bothered to start this thread out of his boiled over frustration. So I can understand how he feels, and you'll hear no critism from me towards him.

PacerHound
01-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I want to see them win tonight but with the right guys playing. I want to see Tyler and Paul George doing well. I want to see Josh, Collison, etc., also playing and doing well. What I don't want to see is us win with the old crew playing and getting dominating minutes over the young guys. We all know where that leads - right to where this team is at right now. :)

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 04:58 PM
I have no problem with how 90 feels. I find myself at times feeling the same way, and I've been a Pacers fan b4 a good many of you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye. It's called FRUSTRATION! Being so frustrated that others, Bird and Simon, can't see it for what it is and make a change. You just wonder how blind they can be to continually allow this to continue. The more you see the losing the more frustrated you get, and finally just have to say how you feel whether others agree or not. If 90 wasn't a true Pacers fan, he wouldn't have even bothered to start this thread out of his boiled over frustration. So I can understand how he feels, and you'll hear no critism from me towards him.

WHAT?

"I AM A MAN I'M 40"

One of my all time favorite rants
:)

xIndyFan
01-11-2011, 05:12 PM
I ALWAYS want the Pacers to win....ALWAYS!!!:hmm:

i agree. and think it is silly to do otherwise.

wanting a team to lose [or loose as the case may be :laugh:] because you hate the coach, or the starting PG, or whoever is silly. it strikes me more as frustration about larry not agreeing with what you want rather than any real reason. every GM makes decisions that individual fans disagree with. most [probably almost all] of the time, the GM is correct and the fan is in error. the pacers went thru that when they drafted reggie instead of alford. to a lesser extent, the drafting of hansbrough.

in a sense, this kind of reaction by the fans is a good thing. a fan with a high level of fanhood does get emotionally invested in his desires. the things he wants the team to do he really cares about. the low level fan doesn't really care what the team does. who coaches or plays. just what the score was. but when a high level fanhood fan wants the team to do something, it is important to him. but when he does something silly like root for the team to lose because he hate a coach or player, that high level of fanhood is working against him.

i guess what i am saying is it is ok to want JOB fired. it is ok to be mad that larry doesn't agree with you. since that implies that you have taken an incorrect position. [ie the guy with the most knowledge of how JOB is doing, the guru of the team, and evidently the players also disagree with you] that says the fan is wrong. and no one likes being wrong. so they do silly things to 'punish' the team for disagreeing with them.

it is like making a post on how stupid everyone is on PD for disagreeing with my opinion and saying i will never post here again. the fact is the only person who loses out by those kind of silly childish actions is the fan [or poster] himself.

the pacers are going to win games this year and next. the young players are going to learn how to play. the team will sign new players to fill in weak spots like PF. either this year or next the team will be a 40+ win team. they will win playoff games. fans will come to the games and have a good time. if you continue to sit in the corner and pout, the only person who loses out is you. fans would be much better off to enjoy the moment. :censored: about JOB all you want. but cheer for the team. enjoy the wins. suffer the losses. boo the knicks. but acting like a petulant teenager only hurts you. not me. not JOB. not anyone else.

this is a great time to be a pacer fan. the team was wandering in the wilderness and is about to enter the promised land. there are good times coming. this is the best time of all to be a fan. we get to watch a playoff team be assembled. we get to brag that we were watching when tyler had his first big game. we get to say we knew paul george was going to be the next big thing. we get to watch josh grow from a trade throwin to a rotation player. throwing it all away because you think you are smarter about basketball than the 'basketball jesus' strikes me as foolish.

BobbyMac
01-11-2011, 06:02 PM
LOL

Thanks "angry typing"

LOL...happens to all of us.

oxxo
01-11-2011, 06:05 PM
When I see a sane lineup I'm all for it. When TJ Ford and Posey are sucking up minutes I can't help but be apathetic. I'm always torn between wanting to win as a fan, and wanting to lose so JOB gets fired... but wanting to win always wins in the end.

Peck
01-11-2011, 06:08 PM
If I thought for one second that losing tonight vs. the 76ers would get Jim O'Brien fired I would go out and buy an Allen Iverson 76ers jersey and wear it at home & everybody knows I hate Iverson.

However I am convinced that O'Brien will be here the rest of the year & I am not convinced he won't be here next year.

Face it folks if he didn't lose after that N.Y. game where the time was both ripe and the reasons were sound then I don't know what would cause him to lose his job. Maybe a 10 game losing streak?

But IMO I think Bird believes that it is the players and not the coach.

xIndyFan
01-11-2011, 06:29 PM

maybe it is the players and not the coach. :hmm:

Peck
01-11-2011, 06:38 PM

It's both.

There is no doubt that we don't have good enough players, however there is no doubt that whatever Jim is wanting to run is not working either and has the exact history of not working for going on 4 years now.

It's time for a change.

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 06:39 PM
If I thought for one second that losing tonight vs. the 76ers would get Jim O'Brien fired I would go out and buy an Allen Iverson 76ers jersey and wear it at home & everybody knows I hate Iverson.

However I am convinced that O'Brien will be here the rest of the year & I am not convinced he won't be here next year.

Face it folks if he didn't lose after that N.Y. game where the time was both ripe and the reasons were sound then I don't know what would cause him to lose his job. Maybe a 10 game losing streak?

LOL

So I take it there would be no buying of a Stephon Maurburry jersey as well

They havent won this year (2011) so if we lose the next 3 or 4 games, that would make us 0-7 this year and 5 -17 over the last 22

If that doesnt do it, apparently nothing will

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 06:41 PM

If that truly is the case that Bird believes its the players and not the coach, then I want him fired before Jim

spazzxb
01-11-2011, 06:45 PM

Very few expected ust to beat the spurs or the Hawks. I would have been pleasantly surprised with a win in either game. We should have beat the Spurs and played well for 3 quarters of the game. The Hawks had a hot night so the outcome wasn't suprising. The way people are acting is like we just loss to the worst team in the world. Everyone should have known a a couple weeks ago that we had some losses in the future, we are in the middle of a very harsh stretch of our schedule. Personally if someone is rooting for us to lose I would prefer they leave and come back to the boards once the decide to be a fan of the team we have again. I am pretty tired of people cherry picking every bit of negativity they can while ignoring everything else. I am even more tired of people blaming everything , wether its his fault or not, on the coach.

ps only the first couple sentences are directed at the quote.

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Personally if someone is rooting for us to lose I would prefer they leave and come back to the boards once the decide to be a fan of the team we have again. I am pretty tired of people cherry picking every bit of negativity they can while ignoring everything else. I am even more tired of people blaming everything , wether its his fault or not, on the coach.

Respect your opinion but I think you are missing the point a little

I dont want the Pacers too lose because I am less of a fan.

I kind of want them to lose because I prefer that to what I perceive is the only other option, which will be the annual run at the end of the season, becoming just good enough to miss the lottery but not good enough to make the playoffs

This "pattern" has been the same for the last three years, and it has done nothing but push the team further into purgatory

What could have been done differently is play the young picks which is really the only thing exciting the fan base.

Thats not tanking, thats going with a youth movement, which to me , are two totally different things

ksuttonjr76
01-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Personally, I just don't give a ***** what happens until JOB is gone.

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Personally, I just don't give a ***** what happens until JOB is gone.

Well said, sometimes less is more

Hicks
01-11-2011, 07:09 PM
To those of you who are essentially saying "Shame on you" to anyone even possibly suggesting they'd root for us to lose with a given set of parameters: On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being you love it, 1 being you want to stab your eyes out, where are you at with regards to the current Indiana Pacers, with regards to GM, coach, and players?

I'm curious if the ones still wagging the finger are also the few who, for whatever reason, aren't as bothered by this regime as the rest of us seem to be. If I'm right about that, then it makes sense why they think we're all traitors or non fans or whatever with comments like these. But if not, I'm confused.

spazzxb
01-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Respect your opinion but I think you are missing the point a little

I dont want the Pacers too lose because I am less of a fan.

I kind of want them to lose because I prefer that to what I perceive is the only other option, which will be the annual run at the end of the season, becoming just good enough to miss the lottery but not good enough to make the playoffs

This "pattern" has been the same for the last three years, and it has done nothing but push the team further into purgatory

What could have been done differently is play the young picks which is really the only thing exciting the fan base.

Thats not tanking, thats going with a youth movement, which to me , are two totally different things

I think players can develop with out an audience. The only players not getting minutes are AJ and Lance. Lance is a 19 year old 2nd round prospect and the 4rth string point guard on a healthy team(the team still calls him a PG). I understand frustration with AJ, but the team seems to be committed to him in the future. If this commitment is real then I doubt it much of an issue an issue for AJ.

The Mcroberts DNP Cd and our PF rotation in general is a mess right now. In the past few games we have a new starter. The old starter is not playing and now we want to play more small ball with Danny at the 4 to get George more involved and to allow three of George,Granger, Dunleavy, Posey and Rush to be on the floor at the same time. We had issues at the 4 before the season started so it isn't shocking that its a mess now. Aside from the Tyler Mcob Posey mess I don't see any reason to complain about how our players are being developed.

I just think to have a decent conversation about a teams performance on a given night both sides must agree on what defines a positive outcome or the discussion pointless and painful.

just want to add that the specific comment I used in reference to being a fan was just making a point about the point of view of a hypothetical person.

ksuttonjr76
01-11-2011, 07:16 PM

Well said, sometimes less is more

It's real talk. We could trade for Carmelo Anthony, and my excitement would be short-lived, because we would still have JOB as the coach. Heck, that trade would probably give JOB 1 to 2 more years to see if he can "make it work".

PacersPride
01-11-2011, 07:35 PM
if we play the young guys im okay with winning. but if its more of ford, posey, dunleavy.. then to heck with it. barring a significant trade, were better off in the lottery.

spazzxb
01-11-2011, 07:42 PM
if we play the young guys im okay with winning. but if its more of ford, posey, dunleavy.. then to heck with it. barring a significant trade, were better off in the lottery.

If we could get the number 3 pick, maybe we could get someone like Dunleavy.

Hicks
01-11-2011, 07:44 PM
If we could get the number 3 pick, maybe we could get someone like Dunleavy.

Or, you know, someone significantly better. Depends (at least partially) on how much you trust management.

Hoop
01-11-2011, 07:47 PM
90'sNBARocked, you have the right to root for or against your team if you want. Anyone that says any different is wrong. Nobody is a better fan than another fan, all that nonsense is silly.

Anyone with any sense has to know you are just thinking, maybe it would be better to lose now, for a chance at better long term success. If they can't see or acknowledge that, they are purposely playing dumb, so they can justify saying you are not a "real" fan.

I've often thought, well if we lose this game, or that stretch of games, they'll fire his @ss. It never happens though, and I find my self rooting for us to win during those games anyway.

I understand your feelings, the fear that he just might be back is very real and very depressing to the ones that want him gone in the worst way.

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 07:49 PM
To those of you who are essentially saying "Shame on you" to anyone even possibly suggesting they'd root for us to lose with a given set of parameters: On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being you love it, 1 being you want to stab your eyes out, where are you at with regards to the current Indiana Pacers, with regards to GM, coach, and players?

I'm curious if the ones still wagging the finger are also the few who, for whatever reason, aren't as bothered by this regime as the rest of us seem to be. If I'm right about that, then it makes sense why they think we're all traitors or non fans or whatever with comments like these. But if not, I'm confused.

Hicks, Im fed up with everybody but AJ, Tyler, Roy, and Paul

I was fully behind Bird , but with his lack of addressing the current coaching situation, he falls further down the list

I mean think about it,do you really think Jim just all of a sudden decided to play PG, play Tyler, and even dress Lance?

I don't I think that came from Bird, because he knows if the Pacers arent winning, the fans want the youth movement

So I do believe Bird had a talk with him, and wish he would have let him go then

Hell if you like Jim so much, recognize its not working, and give him a front office position

Bird is on the clock now

spazzxb
01-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Or, you know, someone significantly better. Depends (at least partially) on how much you trust management.

Am I wrong in the assumption this years draft is historically weak. Dunleavy doesn't deserve to be lumped in with Posey.

90'sNBARocked
01-11-2011, 07:52 PM
It's real talk. We could trade for Carmelo Anthony, and my excitement would be short-lived, because we would still have JOB as the coach. Heck, that trade would probably give JOB 1 to 2 more years to see if he can "make it work".

Im in the choir

Preach brother preach :)

BringJackBack
01-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Am I wrong in the assumption this years draft is historically weak.

That is said every single year for a couple of years now. I used to buy it, but I don't anymore.

spazzxb
01-11-2011, 08:00 PM
That is said every single year for a couple of years now. I used to buy it, but I don't anymore.

This year is different because of the expected lockout, and fact that some players went early to avoid it. This is really conversation for after the all-star break.

xBulletproof
01-11-2011, 08:02 PM

My favorite part is that it's always said long before you even know who's going to be in it.

spazzxb
01-11-2011, 08:12 PM
My favorite part is that it's always said long before you even know who's going to be in it.

We shouldn't be talking about tanking yet either.

Bball
01-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Ok... What's getting lost here is that 90'sNBARocked isn't saying he wants the Pacers to lose for the rest of time.

He's saying he's lost ALL faith that Jim O'Brien can ever develop this team into anything other than exactly what it's been for the past 4 years. Plus (like me) he feels there's a chance O'Brien is still at least penciled in for next season. Therefore, to hurry the process and get the team onto the next phase of its existence and end the O'Brien era, the losses now should help push O'Brien to the curb and will not hurt nearly as much as continued seasons with O'Brien at the helm.

The team cannot move forward until Jim O'Brien is left in the past.

The last thing we need is a smattering of wins just good enough to keeping us in spitting distance of the 8th seed amongst several bad teams and then our historic end of season pickup in wins as other teams start tanking, mailing it in, or saving themselves for the playoffs. ...and O'Brien getting another season based on that...

How many times do you need to see this same movie before you know the ending?

And I'm sure 90'sNBARocked would be thrilled if we started winning on a consistent basis... but it's time to be realistic- O'Brien's Indiana Pacers cannot win on a consistent basis.

CableKC
01-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Very few expected ust to beat the spurs or the Hawks. I would have been pleasantly surprised with a win in either game. We should have beat the Spurs and played well for 3 quarters of the game. The Hawks had a hot night so the outcome wasn't suprising. The way people are acting is like we just loss to the worst team in the world. Everyone should have known a a couple weeks ago that we had some losses in the future, we are in the middle of a very harsh stretch of our schedule. Personally if someone is rooting for us to lose I would prefer they leave and come back to the boards once the decide to be a fan of the team we have again. I am pretty tired of people cherry picking every bit of negativity they can while ignoring everything else. I am even more tired of people blaming everything , wether its his fault or not, on the coach.

I'm not going to expand on this beyond what I'm going to post here, but IMHO...I don't think that it's fair to narrowly define fans in such "black and white" terms ( where you either are a fan or not based off of if you think they should "win or lose" ), where there is no such thing or any room for some "gray area" and that you should "simply pack your bags and go" if you don't like it.

IUfan4life
01-11-2011, 08:28 PM

I think everyone needs to go.

I just don't get how it isn't obvious to everyone that JOB will not be back. If I'm wrong then when the time comes I'll man up and admit it. At the same time I am fine with the mentality that you are okay with losses from the Pacers, but don't root for them. To me that is not a fan, and I'm not calling you out Hicks if it comes across that way. This is a dead horse that has been beaten over and over regarding tanking, but Jesus it is January 11. give me a break

spazzxb
01-11-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm not going to expand on this beyond what I'm going to post here, but IMHO...I don't think that it's fair to narrowly define fans in such "black and white" terms ( where you either are a fan or not based off of if you think they should "win or lose" ), where there is no such thing or any room for some "gray area" and that you should "simply pack your bags and go" if you don't like it.

I stepped back from that a bit in a different post and made a point that it was directed at a hypothetical poster to make a point, however there is a difference between being a fan of the organization and being a fan of the team we have. This thread was created for this , however I would prefer those who have given up on the team "we have" to not root against the team in the game thread. If a loss is a win for you then we are not having the same conversation. Maybe there could be an alternate game thread for like minded people.

Bball
01-11-2011, 08:35 PM
I just don't get how it isn't obvious to everyone that JOB will not be back.

I don't get how it's obvious he won't be back.

speakout4
01-11-2011, 08:55 PM
I don't get how it's obvious he won't be back.
I don't get how it's obvious he will be back. No one is talking about a new contract and Larry only gave him a one year extension so why suppose he will be the pacers coach ad infinitum.

I'm guessing he won't be back.

Hicks
01-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Am I wrong in the assumption this years draft is historically weak. Dunleavy doesn't deserve to be lumped in with Posey.

I have no idea how weak or strong it is. Every year I see people claiming both.

Hicks
01-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Ok... What's getting lost here is that 90'sNBARocked isn't saying he wants the Pacers to lose for the rest of time.

He's saying he's lost ALL faith that Jim O'Brien can ever develop this team into anything other than exactly what it's been for the past 4 years. Plus (like me) he feels there's a chance O'Brien is still at least penciled in for next season. Therefore, to hurry the process and get the team onto the next phase of its existence and end the O'Brien era, the losses now should help push O'Brien to the curb and will not hurt nearly as much as continued seasons with O'Brien at the helm.

The team cannot move forward until Jim O'Brien is left in the past.

The last thing we need is a smattering of wins just good enough to keeping us in spitting distance of the 8th seed amongst several bad teams and then our historic end of season pickup in wins as other teams start tanking, mailing it in, or saving themselves for the playoffs. ...and O'Brien getting another season based on that...

How many times do you need to see this same movie before you know the ending?

And I'm sure 90'sNBARocked would be thrilled if we started winning on a consistent basis... but it's time to be realistic- O'Brien's Indiana Pacers cannot win on a consistent basis.

I don't know why so many struggle with understanding this.

Hicks
01-11-2011, 09:10 PM
I think everyone needs to go.

I just don't get how it isn't obvious to everyone that JOB will not be back. If I'm wrong then when the time comes I'll man up and admit it. At the same time I am fine with the mentality that you are okay with losses from the Pacers, but don't root for them. To me that is not a fan, and I'm not calling you out Hicks if it comes across that way. This is a dead horse that has been beaten over and over regarding tanking, but Jesus it is January 11. give me a break

I understand, but do you understand it's not like anyone here is rooting for a loss out of hostility towards the team, and, in fact, it's because they think it will ultimately be good for the team? If so, that's definitely a fan to me.

Justin Tyme
01-11-2011, 09:11 PM
this is a great time to be a pacer fan.

the team was wandering in the wilderness and is about to enter the promised land.

there are good times coming. this is the best time of all to be a fan. we get to watch a playoff team be assembled.

You have been drinking too much Pacers FO kool-aid!

Moses wandered around in the wilderness for 40 years and never got to the promise land, so quit the kool-aid rubbish rhetoric.

As a Pacers fan from the BEGINNING, I've heard that rhetoric many times b4. I was there during the OTHER times of strife of 20 game seasons. I've been thru ALL this b4, so I don't appreciate your preaching your holier than thou rhetoric. How much money did you contribute to the telethon to keep the Pacers from sinking?? This ain't my 1st rodeo, and you can save the rah rah pep talk. I've heard it all b4.

AGAIN, just b/c a diehard Pacers fan is SO frustrated that they don't care if the Pacers lose doesn't make them any less a Pacers fan than you with your kool-aid rhetoric. Both, I would have to believe are diehard Pacers fans with a different view, and neither is wrong. Just a different perspective on how they feel. Let's just hope the best for the Pacers, whatever it takes to get there.

Bball
01-11-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't get how it's obvious he will be back. No one is talking about a new contract and Larry only gave him a one year extension so why suppose he will be the pacers coach ad infinitum.

I'm guessing he won't be back.

I don't think anyone's said it's obvious he will be back. I think what's been said is simply it is not obvious he won't be back.

I think most people would've said the same thing you are prior to year #3 and the next thing you know the team picked up his option that summer for year #4. They could've waited to do that at the end of year 3. So they showed a lot of confidence in him to do that.

There is no option to pick up right now and a possible impending NBA lockout to consider... But that doesn't mean a new deal couldn't be offered.

The fact that he's still here is a growing concern to many of us that he simply isn't on the hot seat we'd prefer he be on.

Until he's gone... he's still the coach and will be the coach for as far as I can see.

PaceBalls
01-11-2011, 09:22 PM
I wonder what the record is for consecutive losing seasons for a coach in the modern era before finally being fired? I hope Jim doesn't break that record... Maybe he already has?

BRushWithDeath
01-11-2011, 10:23 PM
I was right. Win or lose, I just don't really give **** considering how and who we played.

Hollow win. It would have been a hollow loss.

Good to see DC have a good game for a change though.

BlueNGold
01-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm not for tanking, but if there is a time to tank anytime during the next decade...this is it.

I know it's hard to believe right now, but as our players enter their prime our record will improve accordingly. Soon, this team will be above .500 simply because we will have older more experienced talent. ...and no, Jim will not be the coach when that happens...and honestly it's not going to matter too much who it is as long as a decent system is in place.

spazzxb
01-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Well your here and paying attention, so you seem to care about something.

I was right. Win or lose, I just don't really give **** considering how and who we played.

Hollow win. It would have been a hollow loss.

Good to see DC have a good game for a change though.

PacerPenguins
01-11-2011, 10:31 PM
y would we tank it? i jus dont get it, this years draft is gonna be crap

BRushWithDeath
01-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Well your here and paying attention, so you seem to care about something.

Sure I care about the Pacers. I always have. I always will.

But right now I just don't care whether they win or lose because it really doesn't seem to matter.

I will continue to go to the home games and watch the road games on tv. But I just don't care like I usually do.

speakout4
01-11-2011, 10:55 PM
I don't think anyone's said it's obvious he will be back. I think what's been said is simply it is not obvious he won't be back.

I think most people would've said the same thing you are prior to year #3 and the next thing you know the team picked up his option that summer for year #4. They could've waited to do that at the end of year 3. So they showed a lot of confidence in him to do that.

There is no option to pick up right now and a possible impending NBA lockout to consider... But that doesn't mean a new deal couldn't be offered.

The fact that he's still here is a growing concern to many of us that he simply isn't on the hot seat we'd prefer he be on.

Until he's gone... he's still the coach and will be the coach for as far as I can see.
Personally I don't think he will be back and if there is a lockout there is no reason why JOB wouldn't try to obtain some other job such as at the college level if nothing appears forthcoming from the pacers. In other words the lack of reaching out to JOB would have to appear to him at least that his days in Indy are short...Perhaps there is some agreement that we know nothing about such as if he makes the playoffs he will retain his job.

This team needs a lot more than just a new coach.

dgranger33
01-11-2011, 10:56 PM
There is no great college players this year to tank the season for. Maybe Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight, but that's about it. Why would we tank it, when as of right now, we are in the playoffs, that is where we want to be.

grace
01-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Would it have been more reasonable if I'd used blue? .............

Would have been funny as hell if you'd used green.

90'sNBARocked
01-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Did anyone see the quote in the star this morning?

Obie said they used the PnR this game extensively

Collison gets 13 assists

oh that stubborn Obie, it took over 35 games to finally come to that conclusion

McKeyFan
01-12-2011, 11:59 AM
I want the Pacers not to lose, and I want them to loose themselves of Jim O'Brien.

90'sNBARocked
01-12-2011, 12:05 PM
I want the Pacers not to lose, and I want them to loose themselves of Jim O'Brien.

LOL

Oh the irony, now watch Jim defy odds and lead this team on a winning streak, then gets a 3 year extension before the lock out

:cry::cry::cry:

Sookie
01-12-2011, 12:34 PM

Collison gets 13 assists

Dang..I was hoping Collison was just rebelling.

90'sNBARocked
01-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Dang..I was hoping Collison was just rebelling.

LOL,

wishful thinking :)

on the bright side AJ will be active tonight and probably get some decent minutes

Unclebuck
01-12-2011, 12:43 PM

Collison gets 13 assists

Friday night too.

Last night they used it more. I would guess over 40 times, I would bet that over the course of teh season they average at least 25 times per game

Sookie
01-12-2011, 01:07 PM
LOL,

wishful thinking :)

on the bright side AJ will be active tonight and probably get some decent minutes

Only if the Pacers are being blown out.

90'sNBARocked
01-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Friday night too.

Last night they used it more. I would guess over 40 times, I would bet that over the course of teh season they average at least 25 times per game

I think the real key will be , now that at at least appeared to us the strategy involving DC last night was great....

Does it continue?