PDA

View Full Version : Game 7, 1994 ECF, Knicks/Pacers on ESPN classic..

Kstat
09-04-2004, 10:55 PM
One of the more dramatic game 7s in history.

I swear, as many times as I watch this game, I keep thinking someone NOT named Patrick Ewing is going to come down with that last offensive rebound.......:laugh:

You'd think that someone would think to box out the tallest guy on the other team......:(

MSA2CF
09-04-2004, 11:01 PM
:havecoffee:

Kstat
09-04-2004, 11:52 PM
Thats it, Antonio.......pay no attention whatsoever at the very large guy in the Knicks jersey standing two inches from the rim.....:cry:

I'm going to add that this was the last time I ever put $$$ on the Pacers.......

ChicagoJ
09-04-2004, 11:59 PM
I'm not a big fan of Mike Mathis near the end of that game.

Fuzz-head. :rolleyes:

DisplacedKnick
09-05-2004, 12:32 AM

You shouldn't be too big a fan of Reggie that game. I was as shocked as anyone when he made that call but Reggie thought he could get a cheap shot in by shoving Starks in the face.

We probably would have won anyway - that year we knew how to hit FT's.

ChicagoJ
09-05-2004, 12:34 AM

You shouldn't be too big a fan of Reggie that game. I was as shocked as anyone when he made that call but Reggie thought he could get a cheap shot in by shoving Starks in the face.

We probably would have won anyway - that year we knew how to hit FT's.

Mark Boyle summed it up perfectly at the time.

Mathis *shouldn't* have made that call, but Reggie made it very easy for him to make it.

Sollozzo
09-05-2004, 12:43 AM
This was just another major road game the Pacers blew deep into the playoffs over the years.

Lord Helmet
09-05-2004, 01:13 AM
This was just another major road game the Pacers blew deep into the playoffs over the years.
Exactly. Man I hate Starks.:mad:

MSA2CF
09-05-2004, 09:25 AM
...so who won?

:innocent:

:maniac:

Lord Helmet
09-05-2004, 01:54 PM
...so who won?

We won!!!!MSA we are going to the FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo: Oh no Reg just fouled Starks and they called a Flagrant! :pissed: :bs:

Kstat
09-05-2004, 03:59 PM
...so who won?

We won!!!!MSA we are going to the FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo: Oh no Reg just fouled Starks and they called a Flagrant! :pissed: :bs:

I think Reggie's airball with 4 seconds left was more of a deciding factor....

Lord Helmet
09-05-2004, 04:34 PM
...so who won?

Yea I would say that too.But I hate Starks and that wasn't a flagrant.

DisplacedKnick
09-05-2004, 07:44 PM
...so who won?

Yea I would say that too.But I hate Starks and that wasn't a flagrant.

Shoving a person in the face with both hand when he's covering the ball and all you have to do is touch him? Even back then that's a flagrant.

Today it's an ejection. I'm still suprised they called it.

BTW, for the non-revisionists out there. The Knicks had a small lead - I'm thinking 4 pts - with about 15 seconds left when that happened. It probably didn't change the outcome considering that season we hit FT's. Maybe kstat or someone who watched can give the specifics.

Sollozzo
09-05-2004, 07:49 PM
No excuses should be made, Reggie was a bonehead to do that.

They won the game fair and square, lets just admit that we didn't get the job done in a bigtime road game.

We choked so many major road games deep into the playoffs, its sickening.

Hicks
09-05-2004, 07:53 PM
I watched last night, Rimfire, and it was not a 4 point lead, it was a 1 point lead. That call was huge. (And for the nit-picking non-Pacer fans, yeah, so was Reggie's miss)

Arcadian
09-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Kinda reminds me of another conference final's flagerant.
We should have gotten rid of that mad man when we had a chance.

Which was the tougher frontline to play against the years Detriot's or NY 94? Ewing Oakly and Mason were pretty intimidating.

Lord Helmet
09-05-2004, 08:26 PM
No excuses should be made, Reggie was a bonehead to do that.

They won the game fair and square, lets just admit that we didn't get the job done in a bigtime road game.

We choked so many major road games deep into the playoffs, its sickening.
I agree we lost way too many bigtime road games.:cry:

MSA2CF
09-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Hakuna matata, Adam and pacerfan. :hippie:

Sollozzo
09-06-2004, 10:24 PM
That we did Pacerfan.

The Pacers have always been a huge part of my life. I care about them more than any other sports team, and I like the Colts alot. There is nothing I would rather do than watch the Pacers.

It just gets so sickening watching them lose in heartbreaking fashion year after year. I just want the Pacers to win a championship more than anything.

MSA2CF
09-06-2004, 11:12 PM
I just want the Pacers to win a championship more than anything.

As do I...

Here's to hoping Reggie is along for the ride: :cheers:.

Lord Helmet
09-07-2004, 07:55 AM
I just want the Pacers to win a championship more than anything.

As do I...

Here's to hoping Reggie is along for the ride: :cheers:.
Yea lets get Reg a ring!!!Remember what J.O. put on his shoe last june and throughout the the playoffs?Remember why......#31.That shows you how much respect J.O. has for Reg.

Sollozzo
09-07-2004, 03:05 PM
I hope Reggie gets a ring this year too.

You can tell that JO has an enormous amount of respect for him. Reggie has handed the torch of the franchise to JO.

Lord Helmet
09-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Who better to hand the francishe torch to than J.O.?:cool:

MSA2CF
09-07-2004, 07:58 PM
I wonder what life in Pacerworld would be like had Jermaine never been traded here...:whistle:

Lord Helmet
09-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Hmmm we would be saying all hail to king Primo:laugh:

Pig Nash
09-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Al would have developed but we wouldn't be near as good.

Lord Helmet
09-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Primoz would be averaging 28pts and 15r a game.:o:cool: