PDA

View Full Version : Rick Wagner Agreea With Us

King Phoenix
01-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Seems like we're not the only ones feels as though changes need to be made:
www.indycornrows.com says;

IC Cold Links: Pacers lose another, time for*changes?
by Rick Wagner on Jan 9, 2011 8:32 AM EST in Indiana Pacers News

Patrick Semansky - AP
about 1 year ago: Indiana Pacers forward Danny Granger (33) and guard Brandon Rush (25) during the second half of an NBA preseason basketball game at the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Saturday, Oct. 17, 2009. Despite Granger's team-high 23 points, the Hornets beat the Pacers 108-96. (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky)
The Pacers now sit at 14-20, six games under .500 for the first time this season.* We were spoiled early in the season with smooth, inspired basketball.* Lately, it hasn't been the prettiest basketball and you can, at times, see the confidence dwindling (Friday night was an exception).* This is the case so much so that Roy Hibbert will be speaking with a sports psychologist to try to get out of his funk.
I ran across an article on ESPN, posted below, regarding the Pacers sudden willingness to consider trading Danny Granger.* It isn't suggesting that Larry Bird and David Morway are in the midst of finding a trade, but rather that Granger is not so untouchable anymore.* I find this very interesting, if it is true.* I believe Granger still has a ton of value and he currently sits at our deepest position.
I am not calling for a Danny Granger trade, but what would you guys think of seeing what is out there for Granger?* I am not giving up on the guy at all, but his value is still high and we have some young guys (George) who has shown flashes of real potential.* Could we get in on the Carmelo Anthony trade and bring back Derrick Favors and more somehow?* Check out the links after the jump, including the article regarding Granger and let me know in the comments whether seeking trade opportunities would be good for the Pacers....

Box Score
Game Review
Pacers still can't match up with Hawks' athleticism | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
ATLANTA -- Brandon Rush, between bites of his postgame meal of grilled chicken and rice, looked up and was ready to pounce on the question the way the Atlanta Hawks jumped all over the Indiana Pacers.
Hawks 108, Pacers 93 | Atlanta Hawks
Game review from Atlanta's perspective...
Peachtree Hoops - For Atlanta Hawks Fans
Your best source for quality Atlanta Hawks news, rumors, analysis, stats and scores from the fan perspective.
IndyStar.com | Hibbert seeking help | Pacers Insider | The Indianapolis Star
Big Roy going to talk things through with someone to try to get out of his funk...
Pacers' Hibbert seeking help for his struggles | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com
ATLANTA -- Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert's on-court problems have gotten to the point where he plans to try to get help.
Weekend Dime: Trimester Awards - ESPN
Scroll down a bit and check out a little piece on Granger not being so untouchable....
Court Report: Hansbrough gets his turn - Roto Arcade - Fantasy* - Yahoo! Sports
A little fantasy highlight of Tyler Hansbrough
0 recs *|* 16 comments

Pacers4Life
01-10-2011, 12:38 PM
the article more recent that that first one...

"
Needless to say the Indiana Pacers (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/indiana-pacers) have been struggling of late. But outside of the hard-core faithful, those struggles have happened largely under the radar.
Consider that the Pacers are 1-6 in their last seven games, but four of those seven games weren't televised. Meanwhile the Indianapolis Colts made a late run into the playoffs and had everyone's attention right up until the last play of their game Saturday night, when Nick Folk and the New York Jets kicked them out of the playoffs.
So now the Pacers have a brief window of opportunity to capture the attention of some casual fans looking for a diversion from thinking about timeouts and missed opportunities by the Colts. With three games this week, including two tough home games against Dallas and Chicago, the Pacers can start moving things back in the right direction before embarking on their final West Coast road trip next week.
First they need to take care of business against the Philadelphia 76ers (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/philadelphia-76ers) tomorrow night in Philly, sight of one of the Pacers' worst performances of the year thus far, which is saying something. A road win in Philly and a split of the tough home games could snap the Blue and Gold out of their losing ways and keep them thinking playoffs. (I realilze this is an overly positive outlook, but the negative state of things is express quite well around here, so bear with me.)
Also, aside from cranking up some local interest in the team, the Pacers could quickly slip down the slope of playoff contention if they don't win a few games soon. The fact that they haven't already is a testament to the weak middle of the East, but if the pending deal to send Carmelo Anthony (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/21501/carmelo-anthony) and friends (including Chauncey Billups (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/21686/chauncey-billups) and Rip Hamilton) to the Nets (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/new-jersey-nets) goes through then the New Jersey could add their name to the list of playoff contenders this year.
The Nets would be built to win right now (actually, they'd be built to win about four years ago) and it wouldn't take much more winning to jump into the playoff fray. If it does happen, hopefully the deal is finalized before the Pacers play the Denver Nuggets (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/denver-nuggets) on their road trip. Future draft picks are a lot easier to defend than Melo and Chauncey.
But none of these external forces matter if the Pacers can't take care of what they control and find that winning flow they played with earlier in the season."

Same link as the first one.. I have no thoughts right now.

graphic-er
01-10-2011, 12:45 PM
the only change that is needed right now is a coaching change. You don't jettison your best player with out a coaching change first. I'd really hate to see Granger blow up and get even better on another team with a better coach.