PDA

View Full Version : If you had it to do over again...

Anthem
02-06-2004, 12:44 AM
Would you have traded Al and Croshere to Minnesota in return for cap space?

If it had meant keeping Brad?

Hicks
02-06-2004, 12:55 AM
Probably not.

What kills me is everything I read during the summer indicated that Donnie came damn close to being able to slip in as a 5th team in that 4-team sprewell trade, and would have landed us Brandon's contract for Croshere and Mercer. Could have had our cake and eaten it too if that had gone through.

Unclebuck
02-06-2004, 09:14 AM
I started at least one thread late last summer saying that the Pacers choose AL over Brad Miller and I still believe that in the end that was the choice made and I think it was the correct choice.

Peck
02-06-2004, 09:23 AM
I started at least one thread late last summer saying that the Pacers choose AL over Brad Miller and I still believe that in the end that was the choice made and I think it was the correct choice.

But then again if they had chosen Brad & traded Al you would have still said it was the correct choice. ;) :dance:

Slick Pinkham
02-06-2004, 09:26 AM

But then again if they had chosen Brad & traded Al you would have still said it was the correct choice. ;) :dance:

That's because the guy in the chair is Donnie Walsh and we serve him:

:king:

DisplacedKnick
02-06-2004, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't have done the Minn trade.

I just wouldn't have given Foster & Bender those extensions.

Charcoal Filtered
02-08-2004, 06:17 AM
If you were Minnesota, would you rather have Latrell Spreewell or Harrington/Croshere? I do not think we had the chance to trade.

sixthman
02-08-2004, 10:38 AM
With Brad Miller playing like he has, I find it hard to argue that B. Miller would not have fit well into Carlisle's system, so I won't try.

Also, the Pacers team salary-wise would have been much better off taking the Minnesota deal, if it were available.

With Brad signed at 7 mil and Cro and Al gone, team payroll would have dropped over six million each year for the next few years counting Ron Mercer's salary at full value.

And, we would have had much greater flexibility in terms of acquiring players who could make an impact. For one, Mercer's expiring contract might have been parlayed into a guard who would contribute big time.

Things can change. Injuries. Or Brad Miller's game can deteriorate. Maybe, Al Harrington can really break out into a full-blown star, or we might trade him for one. But I'd say, right now, looking back, if the Minnesota deal was really offered, we should have taken it.

Brad has just played too well.

Bball
02-08-2004, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't have done the Minn trade.

I just wouldn't have given Foster & Bender those extensions.

If we hadn't given Bender that extension where would the team be now without him? ....oh... wait.... nevermind... :(

-Bball