PDA

View Full Version : Best Of The First Trimester : (Pacers/Granger mentioned)

90'sNBARocked
01-09-2011, 03:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110107-09/trimester-awards
By Marc Stien

3. Eastern Conference

Perhaps it comes as little surprise after Danny Granger earned a spot on Professor Hollinger's All-Disappointing Team, but there are some fresh rumbles in circulation that the Pacers are softening their no-trade stance on the Team USA swingman.

The Pacers have generally resisted trade interest in Granger, including feelers from Denver earlier this season about Indiana's willingness to include Granger in multiteam Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios.

One source with knowledge of Indiana's thinking, however, said this week that the Pacers -- 6-11 and fading since their big November wins over the Heat and Lakers -- have not dismissed every recent proposal that includes Granger. Another source insisted to ESPN.com that the Pacers, although they naturally would be seeking a lot in return, quietly listened to a few Granger pitches last season, as well.

It seems far safer to suggest that the Pacers would make a move before the Feb. 24 trading deadline with one of their expiring contracts, such as Mike Dunleavy or T.J. Ford, but here's another way to put it: Roy Hibbert, despite his own December fade, has emerged as the more untouchable piece in Indiana's eyes than Granger, who is shooting just 41.6 percent from the field, is going to the free throw line just 5.1 times per game as he too often settles for jumpers … and has three pricey years left on his contract after this season valued at $40 million.

Wow ,

Who would have thought Roy would become more "untouchable" than Granger.

Edit: Could this secretly have been a driving force behind the Paul George selection? Probably not considering Bird took Tyler when we desperately needed a PG

Peck
01-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Just outsiders talking to be talking.

Roy Hibbert is no more untouchable than is Danny Granger or Brandon Rush for that matter (or any other player).

Danny would require the most trade value in return so therfor he is both the hardest to trade and the most desirable for other teams to want.

With a losing team the Pacers had better be listening to offers for everyone, however just because you listen does not mean you act and it does not mean you are seeking a trade. Only a fool ignores options and while I am not pleased with certain aspects of our team managment (ahem coaching) I do not believe Bird or Morway are fools.

90'sNBARocked
01-09-2011, 04:02 PM
So what would you put the odds at Granger is moved before the deadline?

Sparhawk
01-09-2011, 04:06 PM

I'd say about 20%, it would have to be a really good deal.

I wish I could say that JOB being fired would be 100%. I think a new coach is all this team really needs, other than an athletic PF.

Peck
01-09-2011, 05:19 PM

I would say less than a 5% chance of Granger being traded. In fact I would really say there is about 0% chance but you never know what is really going on behind the scenes.

Peck
01-09-2011, 05:20 PM
I'd say about 20%, it would have to be a really good deal.

I wish I could say that JOB being fired would be 100%. I think a new coach is all this team really needs, other than an athletic PF.

I want O'Brien gone as much as anyone but let's not kid ourselves either, this team needs more than just a new coach.

Bball
01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Even if TPTB have no intentions of bringing O'Brien back next season (and that's a big IF in my opinion) I'm leaning towards taking Bird at his word about players that don't line up in lock step with the coach.

If Granger is no longer effective because he can't mentally bring it and isn't happy with O'Brien then it wouldn't surprise me to see him traded because of Bird's insistence on players following the coach.

I'd agree with him except when we're talking a bad coach that is poison to the team in year 4 of what should've been a 2 year career....

flox
01-09-2011, 05:51 PM
As I've stated in previous threads- trading Granger makes sense if the rebuild starts in 2011. We dump all of our contracts (Granger included), and have a super young core to rebuild with with Hibbert/Collison being the players to build around, both who are very young. With that, we could target Tyrus Thomas via trade with our super amount of cap to get him, or sign a big like Marc Gasol or Ajinca, and start from there.

As 90's stated, this would also make the drafting of Paul George make a lot more sense.

BringJackBack
01-09-2011, 05:57 PM
As I've stated in previous threads- trading Granger makes sense if the rebuild starts in 2011. We dump all of our contracts (Granger included), and have a super young core to rebuild with with Hibbert/Collison being the players to build around, both who are very young. With that, we could target Tyrus Thomas via trade with our super amount of cap to get him, or sign a big like Marc Gasol or Ajinca, and start from there.

As 90's stated, this would also make the drafting of Paul George make a lot more sense.

http://pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=60089

:signit: :)

flox
01-09-2011, 06:02 PM
http://pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=60089

:signit: :)

Haha yes those proposals are very nice. I don't think the other teams would do it, but they are very very nice.

BringJackBack
01-09-2011, 06:09 PM
If we got Nicholas Batum + Wes Matthews or Derrick Favors I'd blow a gasket. :laugh:

PaceBalls
01-10-2011, 11:04 AM
If we got Nicholas Batum + Wes Matthews or Derrick Favors I'd blow a gasket. :laugh:

Out of anger or happiness? :shrug:

90'sNBARocked
01-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Out of anger or happiness? :shrug:

I hope anger

If we got Matthews and Batum for Granger I would officially end my Pacer following

90'sNBARocked
01-10-2011, 12:35 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=1371
By Bill Ingram

Greg in Chicago:
Its clear granger is not a franchise player!Are there teams that would give indiana enough to pry Danny?Josh Smith,David West...

Bill Ingram:

I checked with my source in Indy last night, as there have been a lot of questions about Granger, and the fact is they're not interested in trading him. Are they getting calls? Yes. But Granger stays.

Trophy
01-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Danny needs to make some kind of change.

He needs to seek help from outside coaches to help him get back to his regular self.

He's clearly not focused or confident when taking shots and he's not being the leader on the floor like he needs to be and could be.

Focus is a key for him to get better and finish with more points.

90'sNBARocked
01-10-2011, 12:58 PM
He looks bored and disinterested

graphic-er
01-10-2011, 01:41 PM
I don't think he looks disinterested at all judging by his facebook entries. I think he is entirely frustrated by the situation. He is starting to get his mojo back though and pulling himself out of his slump, he is starting to look alittle more consistent. Its got to be pretty damn hard to be the best player and have to play out of your mind every game for your team to even have a chance.

SMosley21
01-10-2011, 02:46 PM
New links, to the same story we've been hearing for a week now.

oxxo
01-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Outside, national news sources usually know next to nothing about the Pacers. Their rumors and 'inside info' is usually laughable and obviously wrong to those of us who follow the Pacers closely.

IMO there's almost no chance he gets traded.