PDA

View Full Version : Pacers' playoff position slipping away

Shade
01-09-2011, 12:03 PM
The Pacers have been sitting in the #7 position for most of the season, but the Bucks and the Sixers have finally (nearly) caught up. Both teams are only a half-game back and playing better than Indy of late.

MiaDragon
01-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Playoffs are the furthest thing from my mind, I'd just like to see some consistent well played ball if that's good enough to get in great. Baby steps.

Shade
01-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Playoffs are the furthest thing from my mind, I'd just like to see some consistent well played ball if that's good enough to get in great. Baby steps.

*cue Jim Mora*

ksuttonjr76
01-09-2011, 12:11 PM

Man, I just want to see consistent rotations, so players are able to know what their true role on the team is.

Brad8888
01-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Slip slidin' away.
Slip slidin' away.
You know the nearer
your destination
the more you're
Slip slidin' away.

LA_Confidential
01-09-2011, 11:59 PM
My concern is what steps will be taken to improve on what we are right now. Im seriously looking forward to the Feb deadline to see what teams will be making a final push to position themselves. Will we stand pat, or will we make any kind of noise. Our playoff lives depend on it IMO.

D-BONE
01-10-2011, 09:17 AM
My concern is what steps will be taken to improve on what we are right now. Im seriously looking forward to the Feb deadline to see what teams will be making a final push to position themselves. Will we stand pat, or will we make any kind of noise. Our playoff lives depend on it IMO.

Schedule purportedly gets more difficult in FEB/MARCH, although I've not analyzed it closely. If true, I'd say a deadline move that clearly improves the team somehow will be a necessary part of any successful playoff push.

I don't see how we're better than the Bucks when they're healthy other than if they keep consistently underachieving. Philly I'd say we're approximately on par with, possibly slightly better when they are sans Iguodala.

My take all along has been peripheral playoff chances at best if no significant personnel upgrade. If that doesn't happen by the deadline, I won't be surprised to see us in the 9-10 spot. A few things break right and maybe we squeak in as the sacrificial lamb at 8.

xIndyFan
01-10-2011, 09:30 AM
pacers need to start winning some games. it they do, the playoffs will take care of themselves.

Trophy
01-10-2011, 12:36 PM
A win in Philly is big at this point just to give us a little bit of breathing room.

Milwaukee was just like this last season at this time and they know how to step up.

We need to step up too and we can surpass Philly to get into the playoffs, but we need to play harder all 48 minutes and every game.

boombaby_rm31
01-10-2011, 12:37 PM
i really do feel we are not gonna make it