PDA

View Full Version : Worst Officiating

01-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Out of all the games I've ever attended that was, quite possibly, the worst officiating I've ever seen. The Spurs played physically, which they are allowed to do. However, anytime the Pacers attempted to match the Spurs physicality they were called for a foul. It was ridiculous.

P.S. Danny Granger, the Pacers would have won if you could have hit a few, simple free throws.

xIndyFan
01-09-2011, 10:11 AM
tried to answer this but it was right when things went down.

i liked the officating of the spurs game. it had an old school feel to it. lots of half-calls. example) not call the over the back foul by give you the ball. or marginal foul in the paint is called a non-shooting foul and given out of bounds.

which was surprising given that bennett salvatore and leon wood were two of the guys that i usually hate to see.

generally i like the way the officials are calling the games this year. it seems a lot more 'just letting them play' in the calls instead of ticky tack fouls. that favors teams with physical superiority over the opponents. pacers are longer at most positions than other teams in the league. generally they need to man up and start physically dominating the other team. right now, pacers are playing a little soft, imo.

BringJackBack
01-09-2011, 12:38 PM
The officiating has been terrible all season. I've never seen anything like it.

DaveP63
01-09-2011, 12:45 PM
There were some pretty bad no calls, I'll give you that. But, I agree that it's pretty much sucked all year.

dgranger33
01-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Hibbert was hacked on the shot before the buzzer. That was a no call that should have been called.