PDA

View Full Version : Remind me again what excuses O'Brien has

Shabazz
01-07-2011, 10:55 PM
given over the course of the season for keeping Tyler Hansbrough on the bench?

I am seriously counting the days until the Pacers front office gets the stones to toss that bum out the door and hires a coach who actually knows what he is doing.

You start the season off with Tyler being a major difference maker in a road win against the Bobcats. You then proceed to shove him down at the end of the bench and leave him there, while your PF rotation of McRoberts and Posey goes game after game without getting to the FT line. You finally give him a chance and what does he do? Oh that's right, he plays like Tyler Hansbrough.

Play the talent O'Brien!

spazzxb
01-07-2011, 10:56 PM
shouldn't you be happy?

given over the course of the season for keeping Tyler Hansbrough on the bench?

I am seriously counting the days until the Pacers front office gets the stones to toss that bum out the door and hires a coach who actually knows what he is doing.

You start the season off with Tyler being a major difference maker in a road win against the Bobcats. You then proceed to shove him down at the end of the bench and leave him there, while your PF rotation of McRoberts and Posey goes game after game without getting to the FT line. You finally give him a chance and what does he do? Oh that's right, he plays like Tyler Hansbrough.

Play the talent O'Brien!

Shabazz
01-07-2011, 11:11 PM
shouldn't you be happy?

About what exactly?

O'Brien has already proven he will sit a player at the end of the bench and refuse to play him even after he forced his way into the lineup and was the difference between a road win and a road loss.

Why would anyone assume that he won't come up with some lame excuse like "he doesn't pass well enough as a POWER forward" and put the player back at the end of the bench after tonight?

How could anyone be happy watching O'Brien use these players and run this team?

smj887
01-08-2011, 01:06 AM
After getting on here and checking out a couple threads, it's becoming exceedingly clear that Tyler Hansbrough's publicist posts on here, and he uses the alias "Shabazz."

judicata
01-08-2011, 01:18 AM
After getting on here and checking out a couple threads, it's becoming exceedingly clear that Tyler Hansbrough's publicist posts on here, and he uses the alias "Shabazz."

He's not the only player with a cheerleader.

Hicks
01-08-2011, 01:47 AM
The excuse is that apparently Tyler was "lost" and "still a rookie".

Well, despite that, in Game #2, he proved his worth. So while I can buy it as an excuse to not start him, and an excuse not to play him a ton of minutes, it was no excuse to not feed him at least 15 minutes a game.

As for any of us being happy, well, for one night, you bet I am with regards to Tyler. I was happy he was starting, and I was excited and thrilled when he came up huge during the game.

But let's see how long this lasts.