01-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Via Cliff Brunt

" Coach says Lance Stephenson could debut 2nite."

thank god i'll be at this game..

Tyler starting + Lance playing = wtf am i reading

Trophy
01-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Seriously what happened to Jim?

It's good to at least have Lance in uniform and for him to possibly soon get his feet wet in the NBA for a few minutes.

Shade
01-07-2011, 06:16 PM
I know it's foolish to get my hopes up, but still... :pray:

Heisenberg
01-07-2011, 06:17 PM
If he does, and there's no injuries we haven't heard about yet, coupled with Hans starting I'll firmly believe Larry sat JOB down over this recent break and told him what direction he wants things to go.

90'sNBARocked
01-07-2011, 06:17 PM
That would be nice

Let me see, PG getting more PT, Tyler starting , Lance possibly dressing................

Sounds like somebody in Pacerland his given Jim a few "suggestions"

:)

BlueNGold
01-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Lies and more lies.

pwee31
01-07-2011, 06:20 PM
http://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA

Lance Stephenson active for the first time 2nite vs. Spurs. Stephenson and A.J. Price will alternate being on the inactive list

Solomon Jones inactive. Don't be surprised if O'Brien rotates big men on the inactive list since he's playing "small ball" now.

Sookie
01-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Well, at least it's no longer possible to play Solo in the closing minutes of a game.

Have we gotten the "he's a shooting guard" memo yet, or is he going to have to guard Tony Parker? (If played, that is)

DGPR
01-07-2011, 06:23 PM
I would love to see how Lance has progressed through practice, and see him put that into a game situation. Very excited!

Kamiyohk
01-07-2011, 06:24 PM
It's time to trade TJ,MIKE and POSEY!
Play AJ, RUSH,GEORGE, LANCE,TYLER AND JOSH

Trophy
01-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Dahntay, Solo, and James need to be the 3 inactive players.

I don't think TJ should. Just so we have a 3rd PG active just in case we need him.

PG Collison/Price/Ford
SG Rush/George/Stephenson
SF Granger/Dunleavy
PF Hansbrough/McRoberts/(Granger - when going small)
C Hibbert/(McRoberts)/Foster

cdash
01-07-2011, 06:25 PM
This is coming from the front office. All these recent moves are not Obie moves--Tyler starting, Lance active--I would guarantee the front office told him he had to shake things up and play some younger guys. Guarantee it.

DGPR
01-07-2011, 06:29 PM
This is coming from the front office. All these recent moves are not Obie moves--Tyler starting, Lance active--I would guarantee the front office told him he had to shake things up and play some younger guys. Guarantee it.

That would be one of the smarter things Bird has done if he really did say something.

Heisenberg
01-07-2011, 06:40 PM
I know you've gotta take the good with the bad, but I REALLY hope AJ and Lance alternating inactive spots doesn't mean we still think Stephenson will be a PG.

imawhat
01-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Great. Glad we're finally trying an offensively gifted player on a team that's struggling with its offense.

If he plays, especially in the first half, I predict he'll have a strong game. He's the kind of player that makes strong first impressions.

BornReady#6
01-07-2011, 06:47 PM

My first thought too, it seems, his antics and line up choices were not only resulting in losses on the court, but in attendance and money also, I know if I was in indy, I would def. go tonight.

Sookie
01-07-2011, 06:48 PM
I know you've gotta take the good with the bad, but I REALLY hope AJ and Lance alternating inactive spots doesn't mean we still think Stephenson will be a PG.

I doubt it. JOB only plays 2 PGs.

My guess is JOB thinks they both can play SG.

*head/desk*

xBulletproof
01-07-2011, 06:48 PM
I've probably been more critical of Lance than anyone I've seen. Maybe we'll find out tonight.

Either way, I think if these are forced moves, they'll signal the beginning of the end of O'Brien. You know he won't take this very well.

BlueNGold
01-07-2011, 06:50 PM

Considering this system doesn't require a traditional PG...just a player to cross center court...can Lance do that?

If he can do that, what do you think of Rush and Granger guarding the two best offensive players (between the PG and wings) and have Lance guard the weakest offensive players?

The Spurs are a terrible matchup though...with Parker, Manu and Jefferson. Any of those three could score 40 points on Lance.

Heisenberg
01-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Considering this system doesn't require a traditional PG...just a player to cross center court...can Lance do that?

If he can do that, what do you think of Rush and Granger guarding the two best offensive players (between the PG and wings) and have Lance guard the weakest offensive players?

The Spurs are a terrible matchup though...with Parker, Manu and Jefferson. Any of those three could score 40 points on Lance.
I suppose he could, I'm just speaking more long term. I wouldn't think about anyone but Rush defending Manu, he'd probably get Danny in foul trouble with his headfakes and just bizarro offensive arsenal. I suppose of the 3 Lance'd be "best suited" to guard Jefferson.

But I don't think it'll matter much anyway, it's not like I expect Lance to get big minutes if any at all.

BringJackBack
01-07-2011, 06:59 PM
I am super psyched for this game to say the least.

HOOPFANATIC
01-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Too bad we let the young guys play against the team with the best record. My cynical side looks at this sideways.

Sookie
01-07-2011, 07:01 PM

The PG in this offense needs to keep the ball moving and needs to score.

There's a reason Collison struggles in this offense, and it's not because his focus needs to be on scoring. He can do that fine. It's the playing without the ball and keeping the ball moving that's a problem. That is a pg skill.

I'm not sure that Stephenson can do that. From what I can tell, he likes to dominate the ball and score that way, but that doesn't mean Stephenson isn't able to do it..I just haven't seen him (because no one has seen him) And in the future, he's simply not a PG. So lets not confuse him right now. Kthx.

DaveP63
01-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Seriously what happened to Jim?

It's good to at least have Lance in uniform and for him to possibly soon get his feet wet in the NBA for a few minutes.

I'm telling you IT'S BIZARRO WORLD

BringJackBack
01-07-2011, 08:15 PM
..No Lance so far despite TJ having a craptastic game.

DaveP63
01-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Craptastic is too polite for what I'm thinking.