PDA

View Full Version : Parker ill, skips shootaround

90'sNBARocked
01-07-2011, 05:26 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/01/07/parker-ill-skips-shootaround/
by Jeff McDonald

INDIANAPOLIS ó Spurs point guard skipped shootaround Friday morning in preparation, staying behind at the team hotel feeling under the weather.

Parker has not been ruled out for tonightís game against the Pacers, and team officials are hopeful after a full dayís rest he might be able to play.

Team officials werenít sure what Parker has exactly, but he has been exhibiting some of the same cold-like symptoms coach Gregg Popovich had earlier in this road trip.

If Parker canít play, it would mark the first game missed by a Spurs starter this season. Indianapolis native George Hill would replace him in the starting lineup.

Through 35 games this season, Parker is averaging 17.9 points and a career-best seven assists per game, while shooting 52.3 percent. He has scored in double figures in 17 consecutive games, a team best streak.

Scot Pollard
01-07-2011, 05:32 PM
TAKE ADVANTAGE DC!

unfortunately we know roy cant when the opposing starting center goes down but dc might and we've seen him have good games against poor pgs

SMosley21
01-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I would prefer Parker starts over Hill. I like Collison's chances of covering Parker a lot more than his chances against Hill, who is bigger and stronger. Collison and Parker however, are nearly carbon copies of each other.

CableKC
01-07-2011, 05:34 PM
This just means that George Hill will get to light us up in front of his hometown.

pacer4ever
01-07-2011, 05:35 PM
This just means that George Hill will get to light us up in front of his hometown.

That could happen u might not want to make it green

Scot Pollard
01-07-2011, 05:38 PM
well we dont have to cringe in fear at the pg position anymore

i trust dc and hes actually not a terrible defender and he has good hands and is quick to stay with guys

george hill isnt a good pg in my opinion hes a good player and i enjoyed watching him in college and a few times with the spurs but hes not a good ideal pg

OakMoses
01-07-2011, 05:38 PM
If Parker misses the game, it's good for the Pacers. George Hill's a nice player, but Parker's an All-Star level PG. Hill's a borderline starter.

90'sNBARocked
01-07-2011, 05:59 PM
yep, but as happens in the past we seem to have at least one role player that has a career night against us

NapTonius Monk
01-07-2011, 06:33 PM
well we dont have to cringe in fear at the pg position anymore

i trust dc and hes actually not a terrible defender and he has good hands and is quick to stay with guys

george hill isnt a good pg in my opinion hes a good player and i enjoyed watching him in college and a few times with the spurs but hes not a good ideal pg
More importantly, he is a very good defender at the pg position. He'd be a handful all night.

NapTonius Monk
01-07-2011, 06:46 PM
yep, but as happens in the past we seem to have at least one role player that has a career night against ushttp://images.checkoutmycards.com/zoom-back/6589d347-5d79-4d54-912c-07bb87c08487.jpg

I witnessed his 25 point 12 rebound game against us when he was with the Magic. The night he outshined Shaq.