PDA

View Full Version : Blogger visits all 30 stadiums in 60 days, says the Fieldhouse is the best

Heisenberg
01-07-2011, 04:35 PM
http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/01/07/6030-the-end/

Best Stadium Visited: Conseco Fieldhouse, Indiana.

And his original review
http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/11/15/6030-no-6-conseco-fieldhouse

Day-V
01-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Still not happy with that guy's comments about Area 55. Just disrespectful.

McKeyFan
01-07-2011, 04:48 PM
The Pacers are best at something.

:D

Unclebuck
01-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Makes me want the Pacers to get good again.

BornReady#6
01-07-2011, 04:56 PM
LOL, look at all the comments about area 55, "not cool" etc... LMAO, poor guy didnt know, give him a break, we one!

BornReady#6
01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
And not to mention, that Roy probably didnt purchase those tickets at all, he is just going along with the marketing ploy by the team, and compensation? He is 100% correct, those are FREE tickets, you got compensated for attending the event, so he kinda has a point. If your a stranger going into a new arena, of a bad team, and you see they have positioned hand picked fans, to sit in a designated area, to create a certain environment, then Im sure any of us would have thought the same. And Im sure he is referring to everyone screaming for Tyler during that game, the same one half of you were saying how Roy must be offended, and how people should have manners. It is so funny to see people take these small things with so much concern.

Dr. Awesome
01-07-2011, 05:09 PM
What did he say about Area 55?

Heisenberg
01-07-2011, 05:12 PM
What did he say about Area 55?
Just that he thought it was tacky because if you can't get that type of environment organically you shouldn't try and force it. It's one outsider's opinion, it's not "disrespectful," that's being pretty defensive if you ask me.

BringJackBack
01-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Makes me want the Pacers to get good again.

Sigh. Yeah, I agree. For the sake of this board, the players, and fanbase we need to make it to the post-season.

SMosley21
01-07-2011, 06:31 PM
And not to mention, that Roy probably didnt purchase those tickets at all, he is just going along with the marketing ploy by the team, and compensation? He is 100% correct, those are FREE tickets, you got compensated for attending the event, so he kinda has a point. If your a stranger going into a new arena, of a bad team, and you see they have positioned hand picked fans, to sit in a designated area, to create a certain environment, then Im sure any of us would have thought the same. And Im sure he is referring to everyone screaming for Tyler during that game, the same one half of you were saying how Roy must be offended, and how people should have manners. It is so funny to see people take these small things with so much concern.

DING DING DING!!

Scot Pollard
01-07-2011, 06:34 PM
and i agree 100%

im proud we play in the fieldhouse which is probably one of the nicest arenas in world

now if only it would get bigger crowds and the pacers could represent it and indiana basketball well

DGPR
01-07-2011, 07:26 PM
I think Indianapolis has 2 of the nicest sports venues in the entire world in Conseco and Lucas Oil and that's something to hang your hat on.

Naptown_Seth
01-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Just that he thought it was tacky because if you can't get that type of environment organically you shouldn't try and force it. It's one outsider's opinion, it's not "disrespectful," that's being pretty defensive if you ask me.
I agree it's defensive to be mad, but I do think he missed the point. You don't get that environment in ANY NBA arena. Millwaukee and Indy are going for the COLLEGE environment, and the pep band fits into that as well....along with the whole concept actually.

A "student section" in college isn't tacky, even if the team is terrible. Go to a Boiler football game where the student section is packed and rowdy and the rest of the stadium is half empty. That's a STYLE, not a lack of class.

Conseco having a "student" section fits with the trophy cases and overall building style. Even when they start filling the place back up I think you've got to keep that section going rather than chase the cash and make people pay to be there.

El Pacero
01-09-2011, 09:45 PM

Sorry Charlie, but Roy purchased the tickets.

Scot Pollard
01-09-2011, 09:48 PM
its truly ashame that we have a low attendance but whos fault is that?

the pacers who have sucked for so long

we do well and we have big crowds

everyone would love to go see the pacers doing well in one of the nicest arenas out there

nothing beats that

smj887
01-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Can't wait for the day a blogger can watch all 30 teams in 60 days and say the Pacers are the best.

pacer4ever
01-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Can't wait for the day a blogger can watch all 30 teams in 60 days and say the Pacers are the best.

I might be dead b4 that day comes