PDA

View Full Version : Peja not giving up

SoupIsGood
09-04-2004, 01:19 AM
Theres another article on RealGm about how Peja isn't going to let this trade demand go, etc.

Who here thinks he actually is going to get traded from the kings at all? I'm starting to think not.

And I like it, I'm tired of all these trade demands, players need to suck it up, unless they're coming to Indy.:devil:

Ultimate Frisbee
09-04-2004, 01:25 AM
He's not going anywhere... if you don't want to be a pro baskeball player and be treated as property.... then DON'T do it!

Bball
09-04-2004, 02:24 AM
How serious is he? Serious enough to consider retiring or pulling a Carlos Rodgers?

If remains steadfast in his demands but remains a good soldier as far as his committments to the team go then it is a toss up.

If the team thinks he might actually retire or chuck the season if they don't meet his demands then they will trade him.

-Bball

Lord Helmet
09-04-2004, 02:26 AM
Please don't trade Ron.

Will Galen
09-04-2004, 08:59 AM
Why would we want a guy that demands to be traded?

It reminds me of the women that takes a married man away from his wife and marries him then is surprised he cheats on her.

In other words what stops Peja from demanding a trade if he doesn't like it here?

Anthem
09-04-2004, 10:29 AM
It reminds me of the women that takes a married man away from his wife and marries him then is surprised he cheats on her.

:applaud:

Hicks
09-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Nothing would stop him, but I think the reason he's even requesting one at all is because of Chris Webber. I think he'd get along with all our players. Basically it comes down to if he and JO would get along or not, and I think they would; JO's not gonna call anyone out in the papers or any of that stuff. Hell, if he can try his best to make friends with Ron (despite their differences, and Ron's.... temper), he can be cool with Peja lol.

SoupIsGood
09-04-2004, 11:04 AM
I Agree, CWebb is screwing it all up there, Peja's a good guy.

Anthem
09-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, so do the Kings.

I can't imagine trying to move Peja over CWebb.

Lord Helmet
09-04-2004, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, so do the Kings.

I can't imagine trying to move Peja over CWebb.
I agee I much would much rather trade CWebb.

Hicks
09-04-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm sure they would too, but there isn't anybody that will take him. He's now known to have chemistry issues, his contract is huge, he's injury prone, and his game has declined. No one is gonna touch that with a 10ft pole.

diamonddave00
09-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Try trading Webber a 31 yr oldforward who missed most of the season.

Add to that Webber's contract 4 years remaining 79.6 mil...

Peja at 2 yrs 14.4 (3 -22.7 counting his option year)is far easier to trade.

Anthem
09-04-2004, 01:52 PM
There's lots of bad contracts out there.

Sure, Peja's easier to trade. It's because he's more valuable. The Kings don't need much in return for Chris Webber, look how well they did without him. Antonio Davis could fill his spot on the injured list just fine.

:devil:

Bball
09-04-2004, 03:13 PM

Sure, Peja's easier to trade. It's because he's more valuable. The Kings don't need much in return for Chris Webber, look how well they did without him. Antonio Davis could fill his spot on the injured list just fine.

Heck, even slow, overpaid, oft-injured, out of condition, no heart Brad Miller filled in fine while CWebb was out. :devil:

:p

-Bball
To view this post please turn your sarcasem filter to OFF.

Destined4Greatness
09-04-2004, 04:44 PM
He's not going anywhere... if you don't want to be a pro baskeball player and be treated as property.... then DON'T do it!

Hmm a black person not wanting to be treated as property, wonder where that comes from.

I agree these bums need to suck it up. Except Shaq I think he had a valid reason. I mean he went to a team that was worse off. He just didn't want the organization. The rest just want to have a better chance at a ring without really earning it.

Anthem
09-04-2004, 08:52 PM

Heck, even slow, overpaid, oft-injured, out of condition, no heart Brad Miller filled in fine while CWebb was out. :devil:

:p

-Bball
To view this post please turn your sarcasem filter to OFF.

Yeah, but only cause it was the beginning of the season. His play fell off as the season progressed. :devil:

DisplacedKnick
09-05-2004, 12:25 AM

Hmm a black person not wanting to be treated as property, wonder where that comes from.

Peja's black!!!

Who Knew? :D

Kstat
09-05-2004, 12:28 AM

I agree these bums need to suck it up. Except Shaq I think he had a valid reason. I mean he went to a team that was worse off. He just didn't want the organization. The rest just want to have a better chance at a ring without really earning it.

Peja must be one of those black Yugoslavians.....:p

Kstat
09-05-2004, 12:29 AM
Man, if only Peja played against the TWolves with half as much effort as he's fighting his own management.....

indygeezer
09-05-2004, 11:04 AM
HE does have the option of staying home and getting paid to play Euro ball. He would be HUGE in the euro leagues and not have to travel to the States or pay our taxes.
IOW, he DOES have some options and leverage.

Destined4Greatness
09-05-2004, 12:01 PM

Peja must be one of those black Yugoslavians.....:p

Maybe I was speaking of the OTHER players, DUH. You know Shaq, T-Mac, and pretty much Harrington(Although I am glad he 'Asked' for a trade)

Anthem
09-05-2004, 07:43 PM
Maybe I was speaking of the OTHER players, DUH. You know Shaq, T-Mac, and pretty much Harrington(Although I am glad he 'Asked' for a trade)

Of course... what were we thinking. Obviously this thread is about Shaq, T-Mac, and Al Harrington. :devil:

ChicagoJ
09-05-2004, 10:03 PM
HE does have the option of staying home and getting paid to play Euro ball. He would be HUGE in the euro leagues and not have to travel to the States or pay our taxes.
IOW, he DOES have some options and leverage.

I thought there was an agreement between the NBA and FIBA on stuff like that. IOW, I think the Euro team would still have to buy out his contract.

I know that's true when players come to the NBA from the Euroleagues. Don't know that there's any case precedent going the other direction?

Fool
09-06-2004, 03:50 AM
I know this isn't the best offseason to be defending Webber but the fact remains that the Kings aren't going anywhere in the playoffs without the inside game Webber provides. The Kings knew that and thats why they threw him out there at the end of the season hoping they could rush him into playing shape.

I understand Webber isn't the greatest guy but an outside shooter isn't leading any team to the championship and Pacer fans should know that.

Fool
09-06-2004, 04:12 AM
Whoops

Anthem
09-06-2004, 04:13 AM
I understand Webber isn't the greatest guy but an outside shooter isn't leading any team to the championship and Pacer fans should know that.

You think that Chris Webber has any of the qualities that could lead the Kings to a championship? That's delusion, man.

You've got a better chance with Peja than with Webber.

Kstat
09-06-2004, 04:18 AM

You think that Chris Webber has any of the qualities that could lead the Kings to a championship? That's delusion, man.

Peja has proven even less than Webber has. At least CWebb has a few good playoff games to his resume.....

Fool
09-06-2004, 04:51 AM

He may not lead the Kings to a championship (or any team for that matter) but I do think he has one BIG quality that CAN lead teams to a championship that Peja lacks absolutely. An inside game. You never have a better chance with an outside shooter than with a productive inside man.

Anthem
09-07-2004, 01:33 AM
Fine. I'll leave it. Just allow me to say this:

I'm REALLY REALLY down on CWebb.

ChicagoJ
09-07-2004, 12:14 PM
I haven't seen a useful inside game from Chris Webber since he played for the Bullets.

:confused:

ChicagoJ
09-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Double Post.

(Althoug, I do feel strongly about that last one.)
Shame on me