PDA

View Full Version : Pacers road schedule the rest of the way is easy

Unclebuck
01-18-2004, 02:04 PM
The most amazing thing about the Pacers 15-7 road record is the Pacers have played the toughest part of their road schedule.

Pacers have played the Lakers, Kings, Mavs, Rockets, Spurs, T-Wolves, Nets twice, Pistons once, Hornets once, Bucks once.

Total overall record of those teams the Pacers have played on the road to this point is 451-425.

Record for the Pacers remaning road games 335-427.

That is a wider gap than I even thought.

Pacers are done with the top 6 western conference teams on the road.

Remaining road games with teams currently above .500

Raptors - Hardly a powerhouse
Hornets
Utah -
Nuggets
Grizzlies
Bucks
Pistons
Raptors

And if you look at that, The Pistons game is very tough, but each and every one of the other games is winnable. No reason the pacers can't win 4 out of those 8.

That is it. The pacers play 10 games against teams who are under .500
No reason the pacers can't win 7 or 8 of those teen.

Pacers could easliy win 26 or 27 road games.

Ragnar
01-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Thats what has really impressed me. We have played the toughest part of our scedule and we have the second best record in the NBA. The team with the best record has a much tougher road ahead of them.

ROCislandWarrior
01-18-2004, 02:27 PM
This is why we will NOT collapse in the second half

We will only get stronger

Ragnar
01-18-2004, 02:40 PM
No the reason we will not collapse is largley due to coaching. The reason we did colapse plast year is partly due to the easy scedule early but in large part to coaching.

ABADays
01-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Not to mention all the freaking back-to-backs.

ROCislandWarrior
01-18-2004, 02:44 PM
^^^^^AMEN to that

Anthem
01-18-2004, 03:29 PM
No the reason we will not collapse is largley due to coaching. The reason we did colapse plast year is partly due to the easy scedule early but in large part to coaching.

And other distractions (2 deaths, near-suicide, Artest moments), plus the fact that our clogged rotations meant everyone had to keep looking out for number one.

This last is an issue I'm still worried about.

ROCislandWarrior
01-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Yes... If people start to play selfish.....

We already had a minor issue with that

Carlisle seemed to squash that like a bug

Achilles98
01-19-2004, 05:23 AM
I doubt we've seen the end of selfish play. The Al not starting thing has been going on forever and has been "resolved" several times before, yes? I've got a bad feeling Al will start playing more like the black hole again before the season ends.

Peck
01-19-2004, 08:07 AM
I like the schedule, but it scares me.

This is truely going to be the part where mental toughness for our team will come into play.

It's easy to get "up" for the Spurs & Nets but it's equally important to get "up" for the Raptors, Heat & Clippers.

Because of our record, everybody & I mean everybody will be "up" for us. Let's just hope we don't play down to the competition.

Ragnar
01-19-2004, 10:08 AM
Thats a great point Peck.

DisplacedKnick
01-19-2004, 10:40 AM
I dunno - I think Carlisle's a lot more proactive when it comes to sending "game messages" than Isiah was. It took two months last year before the Pacers addresses Ron's behavior problems (after he broke something in their locker room). Carlisle did it in one half. And Zeke used to let Jalen stand around and talk to officials without doing anything about it.

If the team turns selfish like they did last year I could see Rick sitting all the starters for an entire half if he thought he had to to get his point across.