PDA

View Full Version : Davis Demands a Trade

pacerscardsfan
09-02-2004, 10:25 PM
I read on hoopshype that Baron Davis and his agent are demanding a trade...it said article was not found so i didnt put it on here but its under the rumors....anyone know a way we could get him? He says he wants to be on a team that could win the championship.

MSA2CF
09-02-2004, 10:28 PM
If he can make the transition to a starting or relief pitcher, I'm sure he'd make a good fit with the Cards...Oh, you mean the Pacers? :p

I'm sure Ron would have to go in order to obtain Baron.

Lord Helmet
09-02-2004, 10:29 PM
I read on hoopshype that Baron Davis and his agent are demanding a trade...it said article was not found so i didnt put it on here but its under the rumors....anyone know a way we could get him? He says he wants to be on a team that could win the championship.
Any possible way we could get him would have to involve Ronnie and to that I say no.I am happy with Tins as the starting PG.

Kstat
09-02-2004, 10:31 PM
I sometimes wonder why anybody would want Baron. He has the worst shot selection I've ever seen.

pacerscardsfan
09-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Yeah the only way they would probably make a trade with us if we gave them artest which is not gonna happen...Oh yeah the Cards pulled up Rick Ankiel from the minors yesterday...hes the cards scot pollard without him you can't win games :cool:

RA231
09-02-2004, 10:48 PM
I sometimes wonder why anybody would want Baron. He has the worst shot selection I've ever seen.

Worse than Ron?

pacerscardsfan
09-02-2004, 10:50 PM

Worse than Ron?

You gotta good point there

Lord Helmet
09-02-2004, 10:52 PM
I still wouldn't want BDavis for Ron though.We have a good decent PG anyway.

Kstat
09-02-2004, 10:54 PM

Worse than Ron?

I meant among PGs. A SF isn't as bad, because he doesn't start with the ball in his hands.

RA231
09-02-2004, 11:04 PM
I dont want to trade Ron for Davis. I wouldnt trade Ron for for basically no one in the NBA. I know he will have to be included for Davis. I like Davis, but he would not be a good fit here.

ChicagoJ
09-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Baron Davis, in a trade, will go for something significantly less than Ron.

That said, I wouldn't trade AJ for him.

Anthem
09-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Man, for a moment I was excited... then I realized you were talking about Baron Davis.

I like the idea of Dale in a Pacers uni.

obnoxiousmodesty
09-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Man, for a moment I was excited... then I realized you were talking about Baron Davis.

I like the idea of Dale in a Pacers uni.

Same here. Oh well.

Pacerized
09-02-2004, 11:35 PM
I thought I'd finally get around to posting on the new board.

I agree that Artest has a higher value then Davis, but I wouldn't mind having Davis on the team. Bender, Pollard, and Tins for Davis, and West works.
I'd welcome the scoring difference.

Kstat
09-02-2004, 11:54 PM
Except New Orleans isnt going to trade their only ticket draw for anythign less than ron artest.

J-Wont
09-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Indiana Trades:
Ron Artest - Scot Pollard - Jamaal Tinsley

New Orleans Trades:
Baron Davis - JR Smith - Future #1

Pacers Lineup
Baron Davis/Anthony Johnson
Reggie Miller/JR Smith/Fred Jones
Stephen Jackson/Jonathan Bender
Jermaine O'Neal/Austin Croshere
Jeff Foster/David Harrison

We'd still be a top contender. It works out perfectly.
If Bender busts out this year he's gonna want a trade just like Al did. This trade will gurantee Bender the starting SF spot in 2005. Jackson would swing down to shooting guard to replace the retiring Reggie Miller. We'd get a potential shooting guard stud in JR Smith, and a probable lottery pick to boot.

2005-2006 lineup
Baron Davis/Anthony Johnson/Fred Jones
Stephen Jackson/JR Smith/Fred Jones
Jonathan Bender/Lotto Pick/Stephen Jackson
Jermaine O'Neal/Austin Croshere
Jeff Foster/David Harrison

DisplacedKnick
09-03-2004, 12:14 AM
Here's a link: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/hornets/2004-09-02-davis-demand_x.htm

He's got the Knicks on his wish list. Not very bright. See, there's this Marbury fella - and Jamal Crawford can fill in fairly well.

While his shot selection can be a problem, he hasn't had a ton of scoring options. Magloire can a little and so can Wesley but with Mashb urn out he has to carry them.

I get more worried by the 8 TO games he seems to have every few games - the consistency just isn't there.

skyfire
09-03-2004, 02:05 AM

I dunno, what about Steve Francis.

SoupIsGood
09-03-2004, 06:07 AM
I say let's get involed, if we really want to trade Ronnie that bad. I really don't want another PG, and I don't the front office would either. I say we make this a 3-way where some other team gets Baron, and we get a center or swingman.

However, I would gladly give them Ron, Jamaal, Jeff, and Scot for Baron and Magloire

Lord Helmet
09-03-2004, 08:49 AM
I say let's get involed, if we really want to trade Ronnie that bad. I really don't want another PG, and I don't the front office would either. I say we make this a 3-way where some other team gets Baron, and we get a center or swingman.

However, I would gladly give them Ron, Jamaal, Jeff, and Scot for Baron and Magloire
No!!!!!Please do not do that trade!!!All the Pacers need is a C who can score.We are too close to bringing the Championship to Indy its not even funny.We don't need to break up that much of the team.Now about Scot, maybe trade him for BDavis.:devil:

Unclebuck
09-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Baron Davis is probably the most talented point guard in the NBA. If he got into and stayed in great physical condition, got with a great coach, like Larry Brown

There is nothing he can't do. And maybe that is his problem.

When he wants to he can run an offense.

Don't judge him too harshly based upon last season, Tim floyd is a horrible NBA coach

Vicious Tyrant
09-03-2004, 04:01 PM
That's an interesting point UB. I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand it seems like B Diddy is too loose a cannon on the offense to offer much up for him. On the other, his tremendous talent and skills might allow him to transform into just what we need - he might even be talented enough to meet the needs of any team he'd play for, whatever their needs are.

Destined4Greatness
09-03-2004, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't want him if we didn't have to give up anybody. I am happy with Tinsley, a TRUE PG.

ChicagoJ
09-03-2004, 04:55 PM
-snip- I wouldn't trade AJ for him.

Baron Davis is probably the most talented point guard in the NBA. If he got into and stayed in great physical condition, got with a great coach, like Larry Brown

There is nothing he can't do. And maybe that is his problem.

When he wants to he can run an offense.

Don't judge him too harshly based upon last season, Tim floyd is a horrible NBA coach

So you'd trade AJ for him?

SoupIsGood
09-03-2004, 05:36 PM
If he plays good D, I would probably want him. If he plays good D, and would be willing to accept a different role, (not so many dumb shots, especially 3's) I would defintly want him here. But I don't know. :confused:

And BTW, all we are away from a championship is a center who can score? That's pretty far away, how many centers in the league nowadays can score. Now, by score I'm thinking 15-16+ pts, perhaps you were thinking lower.

Roy Munson
09-03-2004, 05:48 PM
... a great coach, like Larry Brown

...or Rick Carlisle.

Unclebuck
09-03-2004, 09:18 PM
Hell yes I would trade AJ for BD. BD is one of the most talented players in the whole NBA. he is talented and skilled.

BD is capable of playing great defense.

McKeyFan
09-03-2004, 11:58 PM
I agree with UB. Davis is a megatalent.

I believe that he's in the top of the NBA in field goal percentage. Am I remembering that correctly? That would offset some of the talk about poor shot selection.

Regarding Ron's shot selection, he gets a bad rap, IMO, because at the end of crucial games when our offense breaks down because we don't have shooters or people who can create, Ron takes it on his back and tries to make it happen. Sometimes it works, often it doesn't. But I'm convinced if he didn't try to force things, we'd be losing games at the end due to the 24 second buzzer.

If you eliminate those situations (which, admittably, so seem to stick in the memory), than Ron's shot selection is actually pretty decent. His postup game creates high, high percentage shots.

SoupIsGood
09-04-2004, 12:18 AM
barons fg% was pretty bad last year, but if it were adjusted to account for his high number of 3s not so bad

plus. when he's jacking up 21 shots a game he will have a lower FG%. He should keep his shots to 15-18 and focus more on running the offense.

DisplacedKnick
09-04-2004, 12:44 AM
plus. when he's jacking up 21 shots a game he will have a lower FG%. He should keep his shots to 15-18 and focus more on running the offense.

He didn't have much choice last year when Mashaburn went out - there weren't many other huge scoring options on that team.