PDA

View Full Version : Best Frontcourt in the NBA

SoupIsGood
09-01-2004, 11:22 PM
So, who now do you think has the best frontcourt in the NBA (Sf/PF/CF/#1 big man off bench)? Last year you could say the pacers did, but now I'm not so sure. What does everybody think?

ImReppinBtown
09-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Well I'm gonna say the Sacramento Queens do, Brad Miller, Chris Webber, Peja Stojakovic.

:hoosiers::pacers::colts:

unstandable
09-01-2004, 11:37 PM
1. Detroit
2. Indiana
3. Sacramento
4. Utah
5. Denver
6. Dallas

naptown
09-01-2004, 11:42 PM
I like both the Pacers and Sac...

I think you have to look at Dallas now, Damp, Dirk and Finley.

If McGrady plays SF for Houston you would have to consider them....Yao, Juwan and McGrady.

T-Wolves...Candi, KG and Spree

If Amare and Marion get any help they would be a candidate.

And the Pistons with Wallace, Wallace and Prince.

I think those are the tops right now.

Kstat
09-01-2004, 11:43 PM
1. Dallas
2. Sacramento
3. San Antonio
4. Indiana
5. Miami

ROCislandWarrior
09-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince are the best frontcourt defensive tandom. Ben has freakish athleticism and Rasheed is just so long. I think Tay's play throughout the playoffs speaks for itself. They compliment each other very well.

SoupIsGood
09-02-2004, 01:29 AM
Offense has to be taken into the equation however, detriot's bunch only produces about 30-35 points a night, where as the kings produce an ungodly 55-60 points a night.

As far as most balance between defense and offense, I'd probably pick Denver..

ROCislandWarrior
09-02-2004, 01:32 AM
Soup...I bow down to your sig. 24 is the ONLY tv show I watch religiously. The first season was sooooo good.

SoupIsGood
09-02-2004, 01:43 AM
24 is the best show ever man (although Seinfeld was good too...), I don't get why more people don't watch it. That show and the daily/sports news are the only things I go out of my way to watch.

I love when the colts, pacers, and 24's season are all on at the same time, it's great.

palmer best not be leaving the show.

Anthem
09-02-2004, 02:00 AM
I never cease to be amazed that anyone watches any TV other than Monk. :devil:

Seriously, I *AM* amazed that people watch TV to get the news. It's frightening, really.

So who's read Free Culture by L.Lessig? If you haven't, you absolutely should. It's available for free download from his website, although you can also buy the book at Borders/B&N/Amazon.

SoupIsGood
09-02-2004, 02:13 AM
Whats free culture about Anthem

Anthem
09-02-2004, 02:23 AM
It'll probably end up in my sig before long, but try

http://www.free-culture.cc/freeculture.pdf

The subtitle of the book is "How Big Media Uses Technology and the Law to Lock Down Culture and Control Creativity."

Not too much to say without hijacking this thread. I'll probably start a new thread about it at some point, but right now I'm tired.

SkipperZ
09-02-2004, 01:12 PM
If we got Dampier I wouldve said Indiana, with Damp Foster JO and ARtest.

But now I think you have to give it to Denver, although I dont think Carmello and Nene will mature quickly enough to prove my statement correct.

But in two years, if Camby can stay healthy and productive, the 4 man combo of Camby Nene Carmello and KMart is going to prove quite formidable.

The Kings just dont have that big man off the bench to count on in my opinion. And I have no faith in any of their best three big men (Peja, CWebb, Brad) in terms of durability and playoff performance.

Id have to give the Pistons the nod for second place, especially if McDyess pans out for them.

Unclebuck
09-02-2004, 04:09 PM
The Kings might have the worst defensive one frontlines in the whole NBA. When Peja is your best defender of the group you know you have problems.

Offensively they are very good.

Averaging their defense and offense, they are about average

ChicagoJ
09-02-2004, 04:30 PM
I'm not ready to rank them yet, but the contenders, in my book, are (in alphabetical order):

Dallas
Denver
Detroit
Miami
Utah

Wow, this list is really dilluted.

rel
09-02-2004, 05:02 PM
I'm not ready to rank them yet, but the contenders, in my book, are (in alphabetical order):

Dallas
Denver
Detroit
Miami
Utah

Wow, this list is really dilluted.

miami?????

sure they have shaq, but then after that who else is there.....Wang Zhi Zhi? lets see there's rasual butler who is ok(i guess),
malik allen is decent,
i dont think doleac is helpful,
haslem is ok,
and they got dorell wright who is a rook.

so i wouldnt put miami up there at all... unless the list was for the best starting center and guys who watch.

Ultimate Frisbee
09-02-2004, 05:13 PM
1. Dallas
2. Sacramento
3. San Antonio
4. Indiana
5. Miami

Wait.. I'm confused... no Detroit KStat???

I think that Detroit does have the best frontcourts in the league based on the criteria listed above... (SF: Prince, PF: Wallace, C: Wallace, and Mcdyess or Campbell of the bench!!!)

Dallas of course is right up there as well with their million and one centers and awesome starting froncourt...

ChicagoJ
09-02-2004, 05:46 PM
A healthy and motivated Shaq turned Glen Rice and Horace Grant into a formidable frontcourt. He can easily get M. Allen, Little Bro and R. Butler into the top-five.

If Shaq is healthy and motivated, Miami is easily one of the top-five frontcourts. I know that's a big 'If', but the team with *the* most dominant frontcourt player over the past decade should receive some consideration. Especially since he now plays in the East, where nobody else can really match up with him, assuming, again, he's healthy and motivated.

sig
09-03-2004, 12:29 PM
I don't know if it deserves to be mentioned with the best but I really like Brand and Maggette as a Fwd tandem. Kaman is going to be a pretty decent center. To bad they play in the clipper wasteland. Does any SF take the ball to the basket like Maggette does.

Being a Mavs fan, I'd trade Fin for Maggette and Damp for Brand anyday. On the Mavs board, Fin takes a lot of criticism and is really more suited to play SG. I woudl prefer Josh Howard as the starter at SF, Fin at SG and Daniels coming off the bench.

Kstat
09-03-2004, 01:59 PM
A healthy and motivated Shaq turned Glen Rice and Horace Grant into a formidable frontcourt. He can easily get M. Allen, Little Bro and R. Butler into the top-five.

If Shaq is healthy and motivated, Miami is easily one of the top-five frontcourts. I know that's a big 'If', but the team with *the* most dominant frontcourt player over the past decade should receive some consideration. Especially since he now plays in the East, where nobody else can really match up with him, assuming, again, he's healthy and motivated.

You forget that both Rice and Grant were former all-stars.....Malik Allen and rasual Butler don't have that pedigree.....

Kstat
09-03-2004, 02:04 PM
1. Dallas
2. Sacramento
3. San Antonio
4. Indiana
5. Miami

Wait.. I'm confused... no Detroit KStat???

I think that Detroit does have the best frontcourts in the league based on the criteria listed above... (SF: Prince, PF: Wallace, C: Wallace, and Mcdyess or Campbell of the bench!!!)

Dallas of course is right up there as well with their million and one centers and awesome starting froncourt...

Oh, based on recent history, the second I put Detroit where I really thought they were, There would be 15 posts withing 10 minutes telling me what a homer I was. I wasn't in the mood for that that day, so I just made the list as if the Pistons didn't exist.

ChicagoJ
09-03-2004, 02:10 PM

You forget that both Rice and Grant were former all-stars.....Malik Allen and rasual Butler don't have that pedigree.....

I'll acknowledge that's true, but by 2000 Glen and
Horace were sliding quickly into oblivion.

Natston
09-03-2004, 02:26 PM

I'll acknowledge that's true, but by 2000 Glen and
Horace were sliding quickly into oblivion.

But that was another advantage so to speak because both had been though some playoff wars, and had years of playing experience in the league. I don't think you can really compare them to Butler and Allen...

DisplacedKnick
09-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Sacto and Detroit are different sides of the coin. The Kings score but can't defend. Detroit defends but can't score much (Detroit's front court offense is better than the Kings' D).

Maybe I shouldn't say can't - Rasheed could be a 20 ppg player but he doesn't want to play in the post. McDyess is a question mark right now but should be able to give them 8-10.

Top 5 ranking? Yeesh.

1. Spurs. Best combo of offense & defense
2. Detroit - head and shoulders above everyone on D
3. Denver - Using the "P" word here but if Nene comes along and Camby stays healthy they will be TOUGH
4. Indy - Another good combo of offense & defense
5. Sacto - my toughest pick but if Webber's healthy they top Dallas IMO