PDA

View Full Version : We're about to make a major move! *JOKE WARNING*

Anthem
09-01-2004, 12:45 AM
Well, it's not a joke, but I didn't want everyone to get their hopes up and be pissed.

Over the years, Donnie and I have worked out a pattern. Going back to the year we traded Tony for Bender, he's always made a move immediately after I decided he wouldn't, and he's always held off when I thought something was about to happen.

Earlier this summer, I was logging on here several times a day expecting to see that a major trade had gone down. I kept being wrong, but kept coming back expecting something. True to form, Donnie did nothing.

Now, I've consoled myself and come to grips with the idea that we might be set for the season. Which mean's it's time for Donnie to work his magic.

I predict a trade within 2.5 weeks.

Unless I just jinxed it.

ROCislandWarrior
09-01-2004, 12:52 AM
:cry:

please do not trade Ron

Anthem
09-01-2004, 02:41 AM
Nope, Ronnie's here to stay. They won't find a deal they like before the beginning of the season, and once the season starts Ronnie will make himself too valuable to trade.

indygeezer
09-01-2004, 07:46 AM
Hey Anthem...will I ever get to ........Sandra Bullock?

just kiddin' with ya.....your prognostication sounds about right. Seems word got around (in the Tabloids anyway) that we were trying HARD to deal Ron. That may have sconched any deal we might have been able to pull off.

Lord Helmet
09-01-2004, 08:42 AM
What kind of deal do you think?What player(s)?

Anthem
09-01-2004, 09:41 AM
This team is close to solid. It needs a few tweaks (especially in the frontcourt)

Lord Helmet
09-02-2004, 10:58 PM
This team is close to solid. It needs a few tweaks (especially in the frontcourt)
Yea that is what I think we only need to do a few more changes.We need a C who can score to start unless the Fiesty one comes into training camp with an offensive game.

Anthem
09-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey Anthem...will I ever get to ........Sandra Bullock?

No.

I'll stand by that prediction. :devil: