PDA

View Full Version : International players in Athens

skyfire
08-31-2004, 10:25 PM
here is a rundown from nba.com (http://www.nba.com/athens2004/scout_athens_040831.html).

Andrew Bogut, Australia, 6-11, F, 19

Sandri's analysis: He flirted with coming to the NBA, but he probably needs a bit of seasoning. Australia is turning out a lot of guys like this -- a big guy who can shoot. I think he can play in the NBA and play well. He's a big guy with a soft touch, he is a guy who can rebound, he already has post moves and is good at ball handling. I like him. And he's young too.

Sarunas Jasikevicius, Lithuania, 6-4, G, 28

Sandri's analysis: Everyone is surprised that Jasikevicius is not playing in the NBA, myself included. But if he plays in the NBA, some see him as a backup point guard because he suffers on defense. The things we saw from him in the Olympics is what we've seen for a while. He's played on the best teams in Europe the last two seasons. Also, if you saw him in the Olympics you'd think he's a great shooter, but he's really a pass-first kind of guy, a spectacular leader who energizes his team. I think he could be successful, but the screens they set in the NBA are different. As a point guard, he's always in someone's face, but he has that confidence. I think he wants to play in the NBA, at the highest level, he wants that challenge. I don't see him as being too old. The NBA is not like it was five years ago when an international player had to wait. I don't think his age would be a factor.

bogut is currently playing 2nd year with utah, tipped as a lotery pick when he enters the draft in a year or 2.
</pimp>

so anyways, which player will make the most impact on the nba from that list?

SoupIsGood
08-31-2004, 10:31 PM
Scola or Delfino would be alright in the NBA.