PDA

View Full Version : Contender/Pretender Vol. 9 - Golden State Warriors

Ultimate Frisbee
08-31-2004, 06:37 PM
Continuing with what Hicks started, based on what a Pistons board did, discuss the potential of each team, in alphabetical order, for the upcoming season.

What needs to be done in order to win? Can they make the playoffs? Will the contend for the title? How far will they go in the playoffs? What changes can be expected this year?

Volume 9 is the Golden State Warriors:

Starters:

Derek Fisher
Jason Richardson
Mike Dunleavy
Troy Murphy
Adonal Foyle

Bench:

Andris Beindris
Calbert Cheany
Speedy Claxton
Dale Davis
Popeye Jones
Christian Laettner
Eduaro Najera
Mickael Pietrus
Clifford Robinson

Coach: Mike Montgomery

Hicks
08-31-2004, 06:47 PM
Certainly not a championship contender, but I can see them being a decent, 30-40 win team that can give better teams problems. If they have a good year, they win 45-50 games and make the playoffs to get ousted in the first round.

Ultimate Frisbee
08-31-2004, 07:39 PM
They have a decent starting 5 with no real superstar yet... though J.Rich is getting there...

I think the best thing about this team is its deep bench.

If they were in the East, they could do something for sure, but since they will be beaten down by the western juggernauts, I only see them winning maybe 35-40 games. If they make the right deal and get rid of one of their millions of power forwards, they could potentially make the playoffs...

The Adonal Foyle deal hurts their chances in the future, unless they know something we don't.

pollardfreek
09-01-2004, 07:51 PM
The Warriors will go all the way this year. You'll see, You'll all see. :devil:

kerosene
09-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Contender!

...for the last spot in the WC Playoffs.
If they get some breaks and Monty can coach a bit in the NBA that is.

Lord Helmet
09-03-2004, 08:53 AM
They have a decent starting 5 with no real superstar yet... though J.Rich is getting there...

I think the best thing about this team is its deep bench.

If they were in the East, they could do something for sure, but since they will be beaten down by the western juggernauts, I only see them winning maybe 35-40 games. If they make the right deal and get rid of one of their millions of power forwards, they could potentially make the playoffs...

The Adonal Foyle deal hurts their chances in the future, unless they know something we don't.
Yea I agree there bench is very deep.I was just reading all the bench players and :o Anyway I see them winning 35-40 games.No playoffs yet.

Fool
09-03-2004, 11:41 AM
No way this team wins 50 games even if Mj comes back and plays for them and Mullin puts on a uni. They are worse than last years team in a conference where many have gotten better. This team will be one of the eary West teams clearly out of the playoff race.

Mullin is clearly making moves for the future (though who knows how long in the future) so I wouldn't even label this team a "pretender". They are just blatantly declaring that they aren't trying to win next year.

canyoufeelit
09-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Golden State, huh? That's a shame.

ChicagoJ
09-03-2004, 03:12 PM
That sure as hell doesn't look like a deep bench to me.

Although, for the right price, I wouldn't mind one of Uncle Cliffy, Popeye, or D-Squared.

kerosene
09-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Although, for the right price, I wouldn't mind one of Uncle Cliffy, Popeye, or D-Squared.

You're in luck! Popeye was waived today:
http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/jones_waived_090304.html

SoupIsGood
09-03-2004, 05:51 PM
They are pretty deep. but that's there problem, they're a team full of bench players. Except J-Rich, probably.

Ultimate Frisbee
09-03-2004, 06:40 PM
claxton, najera, robinson, and davis round out a solid bench...

ChicagoJ
09-03-2004, 07:30 PM

You're in luck! Popeye was waived today:
http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/jones_waived_090304.html

:chin:

:evillaugh: