PDA

View Full Version : Garnett steals on his teammate in practice

Hicks
08-31-2004, 12:38 PM
Wow. Garnett just became a real ******* / pyscho in my eyes.

indygeezer
08-31-2004, 12:46 PM
hmmmm we got any open roster spots for a 6'10" kid that can keep his cool when sucker-punched?

Stryder
08-31-2004, 12:48 PM
Wow wowie wow wow. If that's true, then Garnett just lost respect from me.

Anthem
08-31-2004, 02:15 PM
hmmmm we got any open roster spots for a 6'10" kid that can keep his cool when sucker-punched?

My first thought as well.

pb777
08-31-2004, 02:16 PM
That's just rookie hazing, it happens all the time. Remember when Bender went to his first practice? He left with a broken nose too. "Welcome to the NBA Rickert"

burnzone
08-31-2004, 02:51 PM
That makes Garnett a punk-*** in my book, and he definitely loses some respect from me, if it actually happened as it was written.

I mean, if Rickert went by him and scored, stared at him cross, and said something like 'yeah mutha f***a, where's yo' MVP at now?, then I could understand KG getting that pissed.

What the hell does KG want the guy to do when practicing against him, play half-assed, like you would when playing against a child, or your girlfriend, and dribble real slow, and let him block every shot?

I know the dude wouldn't make the team if he retaliated, but I would have blasted KG, 7 foot athlete or not.

Sollozzo
08-31-2004, 03:13 PM
What a douchebag. I respected Garnett so much last season, but if this is true, I think he is a total punk and wouldn't want him on my team.

If this is true, I would rather have JO on my team. JO wouldn't pop a guy.

Oh, I should add that I just read the Twolves board on AOL, and a poster said that this had been confirmed by 3 other sources.

obnoxiousmodesty
08-31-2004, 03:35 PM
Bye bye respecting KG. Meanwhile, I wonder if Rickert has beefed up any since he left Minnesota in '03. He was a twig, albeit a strong twig, last year.

Kstat
08-31-2004, 04:04 PM
Stop. Just stop now.

What exactly in KG's nine years in the NBA would lead you to believe that he would just haul off and deck someone just because he got scored on?

If you believe thats all there was to it, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.......

ChicagoJ
08-31-2004, 04:08 PM
Paul, welcome back. Does this mean you'll play Momma Said Knock You Out when KG is on the FT line next season? :D

Kstat
08-31-2004, 04:11 PM
Hey Kstat, Ill assume that you posted that before I posted my most recent post

and what would lead me to beleive that.

The fact that NBA superstars are spoiled hard core, thats for starters....

Rick Rickart is making more $$$ than many people will see in their liefetimes, and he doesnt have to play a minute all year. You tell me who's more spoiled.

As for KG, he's never come off as a guy who would hit a guy simply for scoring on him. You don't become a great player doing things like that.

Kstat
08-31-2004, 04:18 PM
I agree, and Ill be the first to admit, I dont know who Rick Rickart is.

With that said, I still cant see a reason that justifys what KG did. bad pick and cussing doesn't justify sucker punching someone.

Its seems to me that we have another American player not used to a backpick. Seems to be contagious in the NBA.

I am not saying that KG didnt have a reason behind it, but regardless, it was wrong, and I am amazed at how little media attention this is getting

If that post is true, and Rickart was deliberately trying to bait Garnett in his OWN GYM, then I am not the least bit surprised that Garnett kicked his ***. Garnett is a superstar giving a young kid a chance to practice with the league MVP. You don't disrespect a man in his own house. He was apparently warned, but either didnt get it or didnt care. Either way, he deserved what he got.

Zesty
08-31-2004, 04:27 PM
Let's see: Kings vs. T'Wolves, Western Conf. semifinals this year. Garnett gets an elbow to the jaw and doesn't do a thing. Now I'm supposed to believe that he decks this guy in practice just for scoring on him? Suuuuuuuure. :rolleyes:

Kstat
08-31-2004, 04:28 PM
It shows neither.

Rickart isnt a legit NBA player, he's a kid trying to become a name. Garnett is the league MVP. There is a level of respect that should be shown, especially in GARNETT'S GYM.

This isnt the NBA, this is a kid's mouth writing checks his *** can't cash. He should have shut his mouth and played ball.

Teamates get into fistfights every summer, this isnt anything new. The only difference is that the league MVP was involved this time.

Zesty
08-31-2004, 04:41 PM
I didn't miss it, I was replying to the original post.

efx
08-31-2004, 05:11 PM
JO wouldn't pop a guy? Maybe not but I he will never get my full respect either after he intentionally walked on that player in the world championship two years ago.

I have a hard time believeing KG would do something like this..

Sollozzo
08-31-2004, 05:17 PM
True, JO walked on that guys fingers in 02, I still doubt he would pop a rook.

Its sad when you're the MVP of the league and let a rook get under your skin.

Shade
08-31-2004, 05:34 PM
There HAS to be more to this story. A hard pick some trash-talking...SOMETHING.

If not, then I completely misfigured KG.

SoupIsGood
08-31-2004, 07:23 PM
Zesty, you missed my post above ;)

From a T-Wolves board

alright enough of bashing my homie!!!!! Rickert set a mean a$$ back pick on kg. kev told him not to set those type of picks then rickert came down the court and scored and started talking **** with kris humphris (who also got thrown out the gym by kev a few years ago) kg didnt respond he just put his head down and started pointing to his brain tryin to calm himself down while rickert was laughing.A couple of plays later rickert calls a phatom foul and kev didnt like that and they exchanged words (cussing), but kg gave in to my suprise and rickert got the ball. then the next play rickert hits kg in the back with another pick and as they went down court told kris humphris (i got him,i got him) and that put kg over the top he ran up on rickert and mushed him in his face then str8 up punched him he his jaw everyone grabbed kg while rickert was bend over holding his jaw.

Keep in mind this is from a T'Wolves fan, so it may be biased, and I have no clue how reliable he/she is

Oh poor Garnett he got a few picks set on him and some trash talk, so he punches the guy? :rolleyes: Between this and him punching the nuggets player in the balls last year, I'm not too sure I like Garnett anymore. He's making like 20 million a year, you'd think if you make that much you could at least behave, and not slug a teamate.

And if it was rookie hazing, I dislike it even more. Hazing is so stupid, and I've never seen a reason to ever do it anyway. Of course, I grew up in a town where it was basically non-existant.

TheSauceMaster
08-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Wow people are just realizing Garnet is a Cry Baby , The playoffs this last year showed me I didn't like KG as much as I thought I did .

Doesn't surprise me he did this and the Twolves should fine his sorry ***.

Shade
09-01-2004, 12:36 AM
Should we pick up Rickert for when we face Minny in the Finals? ;) :devil:

SoupIsGood
09-01-2004, 01:20 AM
Imagine growing up idolizing Reggie, wanting to be just like him as a kid, working on your game all your life, and finally getting the chance to make the pacers roster, only to have Reggie sucker-punch you in the jaw.

That's how this kid feels.

Shame on KG.

Kstat
09-01-2004, 03:27 AM
Imagine growing up idolizing Reggie, wanting to be just like him as a kid, working on your game all your life, and finally getting the chance to make the pacers roster, only to have Reggie sucker-punch you in the jaw.

Shame on KG.

If he idolized KG so much, he shouldn't have been shooting his mouth off in KG's gym. I probably would have decked him too, he had no buisness doing that to a respected veteran. Bottom line, if I'm basically doing this kid a FAVOR by allowing him to practice with me, and he's shooting his mouth off after a few baskets, I'm probably going to really try to resist the urge to beat the crap out of the little brat.

And KG took multiple cheap shots in the playoffs and showed REMARKABLE restraint. What, did you not think that he realizes the difference between a summer pickup game and an NBA playoff game?:rolleyes:

First of all, Rickert does that in an NBA game (assuming he makes it in), and KG wont HAVE to hit him. Either the ref will T him up, or his own coach will yank him out by his shorts for trying to **** off the league MVP.

SoupIsGood
09-01-2004, 08:43 AM
I don't care what he was doing, it's still wrong to punch the kid.

Lord Helmet
09-01-2004, 08:46 AM
Should we pick up Rickert for when we face Minny in the Finals? ;) :devil:
:cool:

ChicagoJ
09-01-2004, 10:47 AM
I can't believe this is still being discussed, I don't see what the big deal is here.

KG showed restraint in a league-sanctioned, officiated game during the playoffs. If he didn't, we'd saying nasty things about his mental approach during important games (kinda like a certain player who admitted to retaliating against a Detroit player after he was bumped in the groin.)

But this alleged incident was during an unofficiated pickup game, and this rook was trying to find out his place in the "pecking order." Well, he should know where he stands, now. :p Doesn't change my opinion of KG at all.

Roaming Gnome
09-01-2004, 04:53 PM

Shame on KG.

If he idolized KG so much, he shouldn't have been shooting his mouth off in KG's gym. I probably would have decked him too, he had no buisness doing that to a respected veteran. Bottom line, if I'm basically doing this kid a FAVOR by allowing him to practice with me, and he's shooting his mouth off after a few baskets, I'm probably going to really try to resist the urge to beat the crap out of the little brat.

And KG took multiple cheap shots in the playoffs and showed REMARKABLE restraint. What, did you not think that he realizes the difference between a summer pickup game and an NBA playoff game?:rolleyes:

First of all, Rickert does that in an NBA game (assuming he makes it in), and KG wont HAVE to hit him. Either the ref will T him up, or his own coach will yank him out by his shorts for trying to **** off the league MVP.

I can't believe this is still being discussed, I don't see what the big deal is here.

KG showed restraint in a league-sanctioned, officiated game during the playoffs. If he didn't, we'd saying nasty things about his mental approach during important games (kinda like a certain player who admitted to retaliating against a Detroit player after he was bumped in the groin.)

But this alleged incident was during an unofficiated pickup game, and this rook was trying to find out his place in the "pecking order." Well, he should know where he stands, now. :p Doesn't change my opinion of KG at all.

:applaud: :amen: Thank you, Kstat and Jay!!! :applaud: :yes:

The article was just a piece of crap article :bs:. I don't say that because of it's content, but because it obviously is short on neccessary facts to complete it like WHY KG did what he did.

This article was just written to incite a reaction. Which it accomplished.

KG is not a hot head like this person is trying to portray...I have watched enough T-Wolves games to know that KG doesn't rattle that easily.

SoupIsGood
09-01-2004, 05:13 PM

So it's okay to punch the crap out of a possible teamate, as long as it's not a league sanctioned game? :rolleyes:

ChicagoJ
09-01-2004, 06:34 PM

So it's okay to punch the crap out of a possible teamate, as long as it's not a league sanctioned game? :rolleyes:

I said it's not okay to punch anybody during an officially sanctioned game, especially the playoffs. KG showed that he has enough sense to restrain himself here. That's enough for me.

I don't care how these guys establish the "pecking order" when there aren't refs around. But to infer that KG is a bad, bad man because he stands his ground when challenged, assuming that any part of what's been discussed is true... well, like I said it doesn't bother me.

I'm not really in favor of unprovoked hazing, but your comments make me wonder if you've ever seen what a real practice session among highly competitive athletes is like. I've been so mad at some of my best friends during a practice session that we've had to be restrained. That is not a big deal. Somewhere along the line, the PC police have tried to shame us all away from being competitive or assertive, defending our turf, finding our place in the pecking order or learning just how tough/ not tough we are.

(Don't forget, the guys in this league as such high achievers, and are so competitive that they'd dunk on their mothers and want the foul called, too. And we're talking about the guy that is competitive enough to rise to the top of all those high achievers.)

SoupIsGood
09-01-2004, 07:08 PM

I said it's not okay to punch anybody during an officially sanctioned game, especially the playoffs. KG showed that he has enough sense to restrain himself here. That's enough for me.

I don't care how these guys establish the "pecking order" when there aren't refs around. But to infer that KG is a bad, bad man because he stands his ground when challenged, assuming that any part of what's been discussed is true... well, like I said it doesn't bother me.

I'm not really in favor of unprovoked hazing, but your comments make me wonder if you've ever seen what a real practice session among highly competitive athletes is like. I've been so mad at some of my best friends during a practice session that we've had to be restrained. That is not a big deal. Somewhere along the line, the PC police have tried to shame us all away from being competitive or assertive, defending our turf, finding our place in the pecking order or learning just how tough/ not tough we are.

(Don't forget, the guys in this league as such high achievers, and are so competitive that they'd dunk on their mothers and want the foul called, too. And we're talking about the guy that is competitive enough to rise to the top of all those high achievers.)

It doesn't impress me any the he can restrain himself in front of millions, and knowing that if he doesn't he will be fined lots of money, but when it's a no risk situation he punches the guy.

If a guy is the team leader and he has to punch a teamate to establish a pecking order, he's not a very good leader or teamate, IMO. And if that's how you establish your pecking order you won't get as much respect from your teamates.

I've been involved in competitive practice sessions before, but being competetive and violent are two different things. I remeber in football practice we would be plenty competetive and angry at each other, but you take out that anger out with your play, not by being stupid and starting a fight. I have a hard time believing starting a fight with a teamate would not be a big deal simply because your very competetive.

TheSauceMaster
09-02-2004, 03:25 AM
Last I checked KG didn't buy or own the Arena , I mean some of you make it sound like some gang thing "Pecking order" "Gym" , sounds kinda childish middle school gang or thug thype thing too me.

Maybe KG forgot he needs teamates , or maybe the pervious 7 years didn't stick in his pea brain. The again I bet back in his mind he thinks he's the only reason the Timberwolves are sucessful :rolleyes:

If he can't handle the trash talking without blowing up he's got some serious issues and problems , I would expect that from a teen or a child , but for god's sake he's a adult.

Kstat
09-02-2004, 04:21 AM
Last I checked KG didn't buy or own the Arena , I mean some of you make it sound like some gang thing "Pecking order" "Gym" , sounds kinda childish middle school gang or thug thype thing too me.

Maybe KG forgot he needs teamates , or maybe the pervious 7 years didn't stick in his pea brain. The again I bet back in his mind he thinks he's the only reason the Timberwolves are sucessful :rolleyes:

If he can't handle the trash talking without blowing up he's got some serious issues and problems , I would expect that from a teen or a child , but for god's sake he's a adult.

People don't become highly successful professional athletes by being passive.

And guess what- he plays a child's game.

I'll say it again: in professional sports, the young peons owe respect to the established veterans. This is the case in any professional sport. You dont see a rookie kicker popping off at the starting QB in NFL practices, do you? Heck, Mike Vanderjagt couldn't get away with it, and he was a freaking all-star.

Does Garnett need teamates? Sure. Does he need arrogant 20-year olds that think they can challenge him? Absoultely not. There are a thousand Rick Rickarts, but there is only one Garnett.

Next time Rickart pops his mouth off after a basket in a pickup game, Garnett should render him unconcious. Of course, there won't BE a next time, since nobody worth anything in the NBA will want to practice with him again.

This isn't 2nd-grade hoops on saturday morning, everyone does NOT get treated equally, and nor should they.

You reap what you sew, Ricky. Have fun talking trash to 40-year olds at your local Y.

TheSauceMaster
09-02-2004, 05:15 AM
You can make 10,000 excuses why it's accpetable , in the long run it's just immature and childish beahavior.

Maybe Jo should knock the young guys around or Reggie should too :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

SoupIsGood
09-02-2004, 08:54 AM
You reap what you sew, Ricky. Have fun talking trash to 40-year olds at your local Y.

:confused: This is a dumb comment.

Harddrive7
09-02-2004, 09:18 AM

Not really. You try to come into the league doing stupid things against superstars, you lose credibility quickly and you'll find yourself playing pick-up games at the "Y"

People fight all the time guys, it happens. you guys have never hit anyone other than it being self defense? A fight has never esculated during a heated Basketball game that you guys have been in?

He's human, get off him. Lost all respect in him because he hit someone. :rolleyes: Lord.

Hicks
09-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Kstat's right in that it's the reality of the league, but it's still all pretty childish. Certainly not something I respect.

ChicagoJ
09-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Heck, I've seen pushing and shoving at track meets and business meetings. You get highly motivated, competitive people in a room and interesting things happen.

Some of it is immature, certainly. I'm not saying its not.

Remember, even though these althletes live in the public eye, reporters, let alone the general public, rarely even get to see what goes on in practice. And this is one of the reasons - things happen or are said in practice that must be taken in the context of a challenging practice or an effort to develop the toughness of the team. Its naive to think this doesn't happen, and its an over-reaction to "lose respect" for an otherwise-classy player when the occasional incident is reported.

If KG hauled off and slugged a stranger on the street - that's a different story. This kid tugged on Superman's Cape. You don't do that. You also don't spit in the wind. You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with Jim. Da do da do...

SoupIsGood
09-02-2004, 07:14 PM
KG should be sure enough about his spot in the pecking order as to that he doesn't have to punch the guy. And somehow I don't think this trashtalking would have bother KG is Rickert wasn't outplaying him, but he was, and I think that got under his skin.

And I don't care how often stuff like this may happen, it's still stupid.

Besides, someone said a lot of times the media doesn't get to know what goes on in practice, well, if the media doesn't know, how the hell would you guys know? You're just guessing it happens a lot. You may or may not be wrong.

ChicagoJ
09-02-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm sure KG knows his own place. The pecking order is all about teaching Rickert his place.

No one is saying it isn't stupid. Just that it isn't a big deal.

SoupIsGood
09-02-2004, 09:06 PM
For all you guys rationalizing Garnett punching Rickert, how about KG punching Wally while he was laying on the trainers table a few years back? KG is a whimp sucker-puncher, and I don't care where he is in the so called pecking order, he's a jerk and an idiot.

Kstat
09-02-2004, 10:04 PM

Not really. You try to come into the league doing stupid things against superstars, you lose credibility quickly and you'll find yourself playing pick-up games at the "Y"

People fight all the time guys, it happens. you guys have never hit anyone other than it being self defense? A fight has never esculated during a heated Basketball game that you guys have been in?

He's human, get off him. Lost all respect in him because he hit someone. :rolleyes: Lord.

I would lose all respect for ANYBODY that pulled that ****. And in a PICKUP GAME!!! :o
You fight during basketball games??????? :laugh:

Really, anybody thats played competitive street basketball has gotten into at least ONE fight or two. Those things happen when you have two intense players going at each other. Isiah Thomas and Magic Johnson are best friends and even THEY got into a fight. Heck, Zeke and Laimbeer were the closest teamates on the bad Boys, and Zeke once broke his hand on Bill's jaw during a practice.

If you've never played serious, intense basketball before, don't even bother trying to understand this, because you just wont get it.

Also, when you're playing someone a LOT better and more respected than you are, you shut up and play the game. You play hard, but you don't try to show him up.

Thats like a rookie hitting a homer off of Randy Johnson and strutting to first base. On his next at-bat, Randy would take his head off with a fastball, and everybody on both sides would say he deserved it.

Who is Rick Rickart to talk to the league MVP that way?

ChicagoJ
09-02-2004, 10:58 PM
Some folks you just can't reach...

Kstat
09-03-2004, 01:28 AM
Some folks you just can't reach...

agreed.

Kstat
09-03-2004, 01:30 AM

I would lose all respect for ANYBODY that pulled that ****. And in a PICKUP GAME!!! :o
You fight during basketball games??????? :laugh:

Really, anybody thats played competitive street basketball has gotten into at least ONE fight or two. Those things happen when you have two intense players going at each other. Isiah Thomas and Magic Johnson are best friends and even THEY got into a fight. Heck, Zeke and Laimbeer were the closest teamates on the bad Boys, and Zeke once broke his hand on Bill's jaw during a practice.

If you've never played serious, intense basketball before, don't even bother trying to understand this, because you just wont get it.

Also, when you're playing someone a LOT better and more respected than you are, you shut up and play the game. You play hard, but you don't try to show him up.

Thats like a rookie hitting a homer off of Randy Johnson and strutting to first base. On his next at-bat, Randy would take his head off with a fastball, and everybody on both sides would say he deserved it.

Who is Rick Rickart to talk to the league MVP that way?

Oh, so it's "street" ball. I thought we were talking hoops, in a gym! (in KG's gym according to some);). :rolleyes: My bad.
Dude, SOMETIMES it's JUST about the game! Not EVERYTHING is about 'respect' and "place in the pecking order'. It's an F'ing GAME. :cool:

Its not "just a game." Nobody gets to the NBA with that attitude. Shoot, I play recreationally and I never have that attitude.

JOneal7
09-03-2004, 02:02 AM
word is on the twolves board rickert baited KG and that's why he punched em...but that was from a KG fan or prolly a TWolve Homer...
KG's a lil B*tch...and a p*ssy little thug at that! With his preppy outfits....
he's so fugazy...

SoupIsGood
09-03-2004, 06:12 AM
I'm sorry guys, but Basketball IS just a game. It's stupid to get in fights.

Football is easilly more intense than Basketball, but me or anyone on my team never once got in a fight in a game or practice or whatever. Some people need to grow up, and those that fight while playing "street" ball are perfect examples of that.

TheSauceMaster
09-03-2004, 06:31 AM
Yep next time Jo , Ron , Reggie or anyone of the vets on the pacers and Rookie's beat them with a nice move , they should just clobber them in the mouth , let them know it's there turf :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey I make millions , but I cry like a baby cause I got burned or taunted , sounds like a great excuse to hit someone too me :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ChicagoJ
09-03-2004, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't agree that football is more intense. All competitive environments are intense. Besides, the pads and helmets make a big difference in how agression is manifested in sports like football.

Sauce, pay attention. This isn't because KG was being scored on. KG, like a true MVP, was playing in the summer, attempting to improve his game. But he was also risking injury in an unscantioned game. He was receiving cheap shots and being disrespected from a guy who may or may not even make the league. For the millioneth time, this isn't about KG's place in the pecking order, its about Rickert's.

Hypothetically, if Madsen was there, he would have taken care of the problem (in the same way) and we'd never hear anything about it.

Imagine the uproar if KG didn't put the punk in his place, and the next time down the court, Rickert set a nasty pick on KG that ruptures his spleen or breaks a rib.

Story time:

Back when I was younger, a buddy came to work on Monday morning with a black eye. So I asked him, "Bar fight?". "No," he said, "basketball game."

My boss came over, laughing, and said, "What happened?" "Elbowed while chasing down a rebound," was Jack's reply.

After my boss walked away, I said, "Okay, what really happened?" "Well," Jack said, "my guy scored on me, and was talking some trash, so I said, 'f:censored: you', and he slugged me."

Fool
09-03-2004, 10:08 AM
I don't get the people saying "I can't see KG doing this." This is a guy who came the NBA right out of high school, was given trucks full of cash, and keeps his dogs in an air conditioned kennel where they each have their own flat screen T.V.s and drink bottled water (these are dogs we are talking about).

Its not shocking to me that a person with this life doesn't know not to hit because he is mad.

SoupIsGood
09-03-2004, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't agree that football is more intense. All competitive environments are intense. Besides, the pads and helmets make a big difference in how agression is manifested in sports like football.

Sauce, pay attention. This isn't because KG was being scored on. KG, like a true MVP, was playing in the summer, attempting to improve his game. But he was also risking injury in an unscantioned game. He was receiving cheap shots and being disrespected from a guy who may or may not even make the league. For the millioneth time, this isn't about KG's place in the pecking order, its about Rickert's.

Hypothetically, if Madsen was there, he would have taken care of the problem (in the same way) and we'd never hear anything about it.

Imagine the uproar if KG didn't put the punk in his place, and the next time down the court, Rickert set a nasty pick on KG that ruptures his spleen or breaks a rib.

Story time:

Back when I was younger, a buddy came to work on Monday morning with a black eye. So I asked him, "Bar fight?". "No," he said, "basketball game."

My boss came over, laughing, and said, "What happened?" "Elbowed while chasing down a rebound," was Jack's reply.

After my boss walked away, I said, "Okay, what really happened?" "Well," Jack said, "my guy scored on me, and was talking some trash, so I said, 'f:censored: you', and he slugged me."

Well, I played both sports, I thought football was more intense. If your smart you find normal ways to manifest aggresion in each sport. In basketball and football focused my anger on beating the guy next to me however I had to, whether it was knocking him down or shooting over him (could never beat anyone on the dribble). However, the problem is a lot of athletes aren't too smart (KG) and don't focus their anger the right way.

KG was recieving cheap shots? Couldn't have been worse than the punch he threw Rickert's way.

ChicagoJ
09-03-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm not arguing that point. I've never said it was smart. Just "not a big deal".

SoupIsGood
09-04-2004, 12:35 AM
Well, if I got a chipped tooth and seven stitiches from getting decked, I think it'd be a big deal. same as if I was the one giving the punch.

What really bothers me is KG's sucker punching tendencies. He sucker punches this kid, he did it to wally (on the trainers table..!), and I remember Duncan scored on him once and KG gave him a good knuckle to the back of the head as he was running back down the court. (I think he got a tech, it was a while ago.) I can almost handle punching and fighting sometimes, but sucker punching is just wrong.

hehe.. [/rant] sorry

This topic is about done, I'm sticking a fork in it.