PDA

View Full Version : Agree or disagree part 6

Peck
08-31-2004, 01:36 AM
I would trade Jamaal Tinsley straight up for Kirk Hinrich.

BTW, just for clarification. When I list these Agree or disagree threads I am trying to stimulate converstaion. It does not mean that I would actually make the move myself. I also do NOT take salary into consideration when I do this. I just look at two players who I consider simaler in either style or ability.

Arcadian
08-31-2004, 01:49 AM
Disagree and I can't believe you want to trade all of our Pacers away.;)

Kstat
08-31-2004, 01:58 AM
for next year, Tinsley.

But for a career? I'd take Heinrich. He has more all-around talent than Tinsley. He's stockton with hops.

Anthem
08-31-2004, 02:23 AM
Hard to say.

They're both point guards, which I like. It's a vanishing breed.

Jamaal confuses me. Sometimes, I think he's the next Jason Kidd. Sometimes, I think he's the next Brevin Knight. I was willing to give him room to grow until this year, and I think he really did well this year.

But I either don't see enough games, or I don't understand enough basketball, to understand why Tinsley is so much more effective than our other point guards. I can see that he is; the numbers speak for themselves. The team just feels different when Jamaal's on the floor. I understand that he's a better quarterback than AJ. I just don't see the game the way he does. I'm 6'6", so if I did I supposed I'd be a millionare. But that's another story.

But anyway, it's pretty rare when AJ has the ball for me to say "Oh, that's a missed pass, Tinsley would have found that man." And Tinsley's really cut down on the dangerous passes, but it seems to me that he's also cut down on the amazing, bring-me-out-of-my-lazy-boy passes. I'm really detail-oriented by nature, so I keep trying to understand WHY "the offense seems so much smoother" even after I accept that it is.

I guess what I'm saying is it's hard to tell how good Tinsley is going to be. He could cap off here and we'd have done very well for ourselves with a 28th pick. But it seems that he's still warming up; that the real fun is just starting.

Both are good players with the opportunity to be among the best in the NBA at their position. I can't call it one way or another.

Jose Slaughter
08-31-2004, 02:24 AM
No question I'd do this, & I like Tins

skyfire
08-31-2004, 05:13 AM
I havn't seen enough of Hinrich's play but what little i've seen has been impressive. I'm a big Tinsley fan, so I think I'd have to pass on this one.

Roaming Gnome
08-31-2004, 06:42 AM
:hair: I'd do it in a nano-second. :hair:

I like Tinsley too, but I just feel that K.H. just has more tallent as of now, and more potential.

DisplacedKnick
08-31-2004, 07:42 AM
Yup - more upside.

efx
08-31-2004, 08:10 AM
I'd do it.

sixthman
08-31-2004, 09:53 AM
No disrespect to Tins, but Heinrich's defense and offense were awfully good for a rookie.

ChicagoJ
08-31-2004, 10:36 AM
I guess, as the Chicago resident, I should have a stronger opinion one way or the other on Hinrich.

I'm still taking a wait-and-see approach with him. He was exactly what the Bulls needed last year, and he complimented Skiles very well. However, I question whether he can be as effective in different situations.

Jamaal has flaws, of course, but he's a great fit for the Pacers, in part because he's not concerned with stats/ scoring.

For next season, I'll stick with Jamaal. Long-term - I'm going to cop-out: give me another season to decide.

naptown
08-31-2004, 12:17 PM
That is the toughest one yet. But I am leaning towards agree. I like Hinrichs size and steady jumper...but Tinsley passing ability is by far better. If Tins continues to improve his jumper and penetration I would stick with him. Damn that is a tough call....I'm with Jay, give me one more season to decide. I guess that makes me another member of the "cop out" club.