PDA

View Full Version : OT Rumor - Jalen a Knick?

DisplacedKnick
08-28-2004, 11:53 PM
There's a rumor announced on one of the NYC radio stations that Isiah's trying to swing a trade of Penny Hardaway to Toronto for Jalen. Toronto might do it because Penny's contract's a year shorter - and because Jalen's Jalen. And we all know how Isiah loves him.

I merely mention this so if the Keeper League isn't formed on Monday you guys who are owners will know we got Jalen and I shot myself.

SoupIsGood
08-28-2004, 11:57 PM
Jalen's better than penny.

Marbury/Crawford/Rose/Houston you guys are loaded with guards if that happens.

DisplacedKnick
08-29-2004, 12:22 AM
Jalen's better than penny.

Marbury/Crawford/Rose/Houston you guys are loaded with guards if that happens.

And if we get Jalen all of them except AH will be hanging around the backcourt arguing with refs while the ball goes the other way on a 3-on-1 break.

edit: I should probably add that part of the rumor had Tim Thomas playing PF if that happened.

What's the record for fewest rebounds/game from a starting NBA Power Forward anyway?

Kegboy
08-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Why would Toronto possibly do this? If it was next summer, with Penny only having a year left, I could understand it. But now? Even with his gargantuan salary, there's got to be a better deal out there.

You can't tell me Dallas wouldn't give up Stack and Henderson for him. Then they'd have an ending deal, and a pretty decent player for half Jalen's salary.

Add in how Jalen and Isiah ended things, and this just makes no god-damn sense.

Kstat
08-29-2004, 01:49 AM
I think Me, Shade and Peter Griffin are the only people left on earth who havent been involved in at least ONE trade rumor to the knicks by now.......

Anthem
08-29-2004, 03:09 AM
That's not true... I heard Zeke was looking for a new ballboy, and was considering throwing in the pretzel guy if Donnie included Shade.

Of course, Zeke and Dumars go way back, so maybe you'll be the first to go, kstat.

:devil:

Pig Nash
08-29-2004, 03:11 AM
I thought IT didn't like Jalen? :confused:

Roaming Gnome
08-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I thought Jalen went out of his way to make sure Isiah was hired over Carlisle in his contract year, then Isiah shipped his arse out of town. I would guess there might be a little friction there, unless Isiah found a way to blame that on Bird, also! :eyebrow:

DisplacedKnick
08-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I thought Jalen went out of his way to make sure Isiah was hired over Carlisle in his contract year, then Isiah shipped his arse out of town. I would guess there might be a little friction there, unless Isiah found a way to blame that on Bird, also! :eyebrow:

When was Isiah Pacers GM?

I must've missed the memo ...

TheSauceMaster
08-29-2004, 12:06 PM
That's not true... I heard Zeke was looking for a new ballboy, and was considering throwing in the pretzel guy if Donnie included Shade.

Of course, Zeke and Dumars go way back, so maybe you'll be the first to go, kstat.

:devil:

:cheers::signit::plot::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Anthem
08-29-2004, 01:19 PM

Jalen pretty much said his signing with Indiana was contingent on them hiring Thomas instead of Carlisle for the head coaching position.

Bball
08-29-2004, 01:31 PM
Jalen pretty much said his signing with Indiana was contingent on them hiring Thomas instead of Carlisle for the head coaching position.

I've heard this before... and I've heard Croshere's name instead of Jalen's. Problem is, I don't believe I've ever seen a link or quote posted that actually confirms either version. Soooooo I wonder if speculation has become 'fact' or if there are real quotes out there? Does anybody know any of this for sure?

Of course it makes sense (especially the Jalen version) given Jalen's state of Michigan history and Isiah's NBA career there.

So, is anybody certain of the 'requirement' that Isiah be hired via an actual quote or are we simply turning speculation into 'common knowledge'?

-Bball

Kstat
08-29-2004, 02:00 PM
all I know is, when rick carlisle applied for the head coaching position with the Pistons, he listed Jalen Rose as one of his three references.

Unclebuck
08-29-2004, 02:31 PM
I guess I remember things very differently.

Here is my version.

Jalen loved Isiah at first and then hated him towards the end, and he blames IT for the trade.

Jalen and Carlisle got along very well and Jalen has gone out of his way to credit Rick with improving his shooting which was not very good at all until about 1998

Roaming Gnome
08-29-2004, 04:27 PM

Well, all I know is when the trade went down...DW all but said these were the players Isiah requested. Isiah went as far as to question the defensive intensity in the players that left the team and calling the players that arrived, The dogs he wanted on defense!

Yeah, I never got the memo either, but Isiah did seem to have a lot of influence on the trade that sent Jalen packin'!