PDA

View Full Version : Agree or disagree part 349 & 350

Unclebuck
08-28-2004, 12:19 AM
Peja is a better player than Paul Pierce.

Peja is a better fit for the Pacers

Kegboy
08-28-2004, 12:29 AM
No

Yes

(But that's just cause I don't want Pierce on our team. If he was any other player with the exact same skills, I'd say no. However, if we still had Al, Peja's the better fit, by far.)

Burt_Reincarnated
08-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Peja is equal to PP but they are different types of players, PP is good cause he draws so many fouls and hits every FT. Peja is a sniper.

I'd trade Stephen Jackson Bender, Foster, Croshere or Pollard for Peja in a heartbeat! Ron and JO are much better overall players though. Can't get rid of Tins either, the team needs at least one decent PG.

Joel
08-28-2004, 01:41 AM
Peja & Pierce are equal as players, but very different in skills.

Peja is the better fit for the Pacers. You guys need shooting, badly.

SoupIsGood
08-28-2004, 01:43 AM
no and no.

Anthem
08-28-2004, 01:48 AM
Yes and Yes.

But I wouldn't trade either one for Ron Artest.

SoupIsGood
08-28-2004, 01:51 AM
You wouldn't trade either one for Ron, or wouldn't trade Ron for either one? Which do you mean anthem.

I would trade Ron for Pierce, but not Peja.

Anthem
08-28-2004, 02:22 AM
I mean I think Ron is more valuable to the Pacers than either one of those players would be.

DisplacedKnick
08-28-2004, 08:56 AM
No and no.

Arcadian
08-28-2004, 12:33 PM
No and yes. Peja has proven he can play with other scoring options and not cause a problem. Maybe Paul can too. But he didn't show me anything in the WC.

MSA2CF
08-28-2004, 12:43 PM
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no...

SoupIsGood
08-28-2004, 01:27 PM
I think you guys judge Pierce toom much from the WC. What if we were to judge our players from how they play in the olympics? I judge how Pierce plays on the NBA court, and he is a great player.

Lord Helmet
08-28-2004, 01:34 PM
No and No

Destined4Greatness
08-28-2004, 02:41 PM
No and NO

Kegboy
08-28-2004, 03:05 PM
I think you guys judge Pierce toom much from the WC. What if we were to judge our players from how they play in the olympics? I judge how Pierce plays on the NBA court, and he is a great player.

It wasn't just his play on the court, but the reports from the locker room. From what came out afterwards, the team may have broken up into different cliques that didn't get along, but they all agreed on one thing: none of them had any use for Paul Pierce.

Add in Ainge openly questioning his attitude in public, and I just don't want him. Ron may make some stupid decisions at times, but we all know he puts winning ahead of being "the man". I don't think that's the case with Pierce.

Anthem
08-28-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm really struggling here. I like Peja a lot, and I thnk he'd fit this team well at the 3. Why do so many people think Pierce would be a better fit for the Pacers?

Peck
08-28-2004, 11:14 PM
"Ron may make some stupid decisions at times, but we all know he puts winning ahead of being "the man". I don't think that's the case with Pierce.[/quote]

I totally disagree with that statement.

Kegboy
08-28-2004, 11:25 PM
I'm really struggling here. I like Peja a lot, and I thnk he'd fit this team well at the 3. Why do so many people think Pierce would be a better fit for the Pacers?

Peja, rightly or wrongly, is looked at as one-dimensional, while Pierce gives you more in different areas, such as passing and rebounding. Pierce is also tougher, physically and mentally, and he's got a proven track record as a clutch player.

Kegboy
08-28-2004, 11:26 PM

I can understand disagreeing with the Ron part, but I don't see how you can say Pierce isn't a me-first guy. His play in the WC's made Al Harrington look like John Stockton.

ChicagoJ
08-31-2004, 01:13 PM

I can understand disagreeing with the Ron part, but I don't see how you can say Pierce isn't a me-first guy. His play in the WC's made Al Harrington look like John Stockton.

:spitout:

And to answer UB's questions: Peja not better than Pierce. But I don't think Pierce is better than Peja either.

Peja is probably a better fit for the Pacers (especially if either player were acquired for a package that didn't include Ron - can you imagine the wrestling match between Pierce and Ron for the ball while Carlisle screams at the team to give it to JO?)

:yikes: