PDA

View Full Version : LeBron and Carmelo won't forget.

Roy Munson
08-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Lebron James 3 minutes. Carmelo Anthony DNP.

I hope these two guys don't forget the way Larry Brown treated them like absolute dog crap during these Olympics. I hope they take every opportunity to remind Brown how wrong he was every time they play Brown-coached teams for the rest of their careers. If they have any pride, and I believe they do, this grand insult should come back to haunt Larry "big ego" Brown.

Cactus Jax
08-27-2004, 06:20 PM
I agree with Lebron, but Melo didn't really deserve to play. The team played well when Lebron was the 6th man off the bench, but Carmelo was HORRIBLE throughout the olympics.

unstandable
08-27-2004, 06:45 PM
When it's a team of stars, some stars have to be bench warmers. And everyone knows Brown doesn't like to play young players much, or guys who don't play defense.

More than anything, this Olympics showed me what would have happened if the Pistons had drafted Melo instead of Darko - Melo would be demanding a trade by midseason and Brown would probably be considering retiring.

Kstat
08-27-2004, 08:47 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

.....and if Rick Carlisle had sat Mello and Lebron you'd be behind it %110.

Please.

Anthem
08-27-2004, 09:10 PM
They shouldn't even have been on the team.

Hicks
08-27-2004, 09:37 PM

Please.

...... and instead you probably wouldn't be behind it. :laugh:

DisplacedKnick
08-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Carmelo was the closest thing to a pure shooter the US team had. LB needed to find a way to get him to buy into things so they could get him into the game.

Oh well - we all know Larry doesn't like rookies getting a lot of PT. He showed it here.

SoupIsGood
08-27-2004, 10:41 PM

Please.

I wouldn't, because I like to watch LeBron, plus he was playing well. It's not really which coach wasn't playing him to me, but the fact that he wasn't.

Kegboy
08-28-2004, 12:11 AM
I agree with Lebron, but Melo didn't really deserve to play. The team played well when Lebron was the 6th man off the bench, but Carmelo was HORRIBLE throughout the olympics.

But, the thing is, he was the best player on the floor their first 3 exhibitions. Wierd.

Well, one way to look at this is it exacerbates the long held belief that Larry hates rookies. Besides 'Bron and 'Melo, and of course Okafor, Amare got absolutely no run, whatsoever, which surprised me. Of course the flip side is Wade played a lot (out of necessity, really), and James and Anthony were superfluous with Jefferson and Marion already on the roster.

People forget Anthony was a last minute pick, and it'd been a big controversy up until then that the full BMW contingent wasn't represented. Of course, now it looks like marketing won out with the selection of those three, as opposed to role players (pass-first point, shooter, Cardinal-esque hustle guy) who would have fit much better and been much more effective.

As for the "payback" notion, Anthony already had plenty of reasons to try and stick-it to Detroit, and hasn't delivered (as KStat has joyfully pointed out from time to time.)

James is another story. As many "Air"-apparents there have been, LeBron strikes me as the first to even come close to Jordan's ultra-competitive streak. But I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't hold a grudge, either.

I'd keep an eye on Amare, however. He was smart enough to keep his mouth shut, but, again, I still can't believe how little he was used. And I don't even think that highly of him.
[edit=67=1093666678]

tora tora
08-28-2004, 04:37 AM
Brown gave Jefferson way too many minutes... every time RJ took a jumper I'd get sick because the cat has absolutely no range. He's good for a couple Sportscenter highlight dunks but that's about it. Melo should have played more of Jefferson's minutes. :soundoff: