PDA

View Full Version : A fun thought...

wallaceX2
08-27-2004, 04:04 PM
My cousin and I were talking about the "Dream Team" recently and of course, the whole "they don't play like a team" statement came up. We thought a little and realized that the Pistons (or Pacers, for that matter, since they're so evenly matched) would be dominating the other countries since they play team ball. Thoughts?

Kstat
08-27-2004, 04:08 PM
The Pacers wouldnt have foster, and the pistons wouldnt have a OKur or delfino, depending which team you choose.

All the same, yeah, I think most NBA clubs would win the gold.

Hicks
08-27-2004, 04:17 PM
:lol: Kstat, what the hell do you mean we wouldn't have Foster? Jeff Foster. From Texas. That Jeff Foster. We WOULD have him lol.

Kstat
08-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Thought he was from one of those 3rd-world countries down under.....

indygeezer
08-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Yer thinking of beer.

Kstat
08-27-2004, 04:30 PM
No way do I want to be that unlucky team to win a title in an olympic year.

Thats the most physically worn-out team in the NBA needing to play ANOTHER month for olympic play. It would basically kill any chances of a repeat.

No offense, but an NBA title is more important to me than an Olympic gold medal. We still ahve the best basketball players on earth, no question. The NBA title is harder to win than olympic gold.

canyoufeelit
08-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Don't let the NBA's best team compete in the olympics, let Europe's best team compete in the NBA.

Roaming Gnome
08-27-2004, 08:47 PM
You know what...A good week from now, the olympics and Team USA basketball will take their rightful place in America's sporting conscious. FORGOTTEN!

So, 2 years from now when we are fielding a team for the World Bball Championships...We will let the marketing arm of USA Basketball take the reigns of the selection process.

Anthem
08-27-2004, 09:02 PM
It would actually be easier on the players if the whole team went. It's a lot less practice if you're already a team.

The big losers would be USA Basketball, since their main purpose is to sell jerseys. I mean, how many Pistons wouls sell USA jerseys? With our current setup, even the bottom of the bench sells jerseys.