PDA

View Full Version : Judging next season

Fool
08-27-2004, 12:57 PM
I was just thinking about the situation you guys are in and I was wondering if you are all ready to judge next season on rather abnormal standards.

For instance, its likely that even a better team next year will not win as many regular season games (as the chemistry might take some time to gel and sacrifice some wins, the East is somewhat better than last year, and 61 games is a lot for any good team to accomplish anyway). Its probable that because your team has another legit scoring option (if thats what Jackson provides) that guys like J.O and Artest will see their stats go down. Its well noted that stats often even out as championship teams (if thats what you guys become) find their roster starting to work more efficiently. It might also be the case that this year's Pacer team doesn't look as dominate in many other areas (because of chemistry, roster make-up, and the East being better).

Its just a rather quirky thing that all these things could happen and the team could still be a better team and one better suited to win a championship. Are you ready to hear again and again, "they're not as good as last year" from the analysts who only look at stats and game totals?

blanket
08-27-2004, 01:21 PM
I know it doesn't answer the question you asked, but I'm not sure I agree with the suggestion that the East as a whole will be better this year than last year. Yes, the Pistons and (hopefully) Pacers should be better than last year, and Miami will basically take New Jersey's spot, but after that I don't expect much from the East teams. In fact, I would guess that the total number of wins by East teams will be lower this year than last year (and not just because the Conference is replacing the Hornets with the Bobcats).

Fool
08-27-2004, 03:56 PM
I like Orlando, the Wizrds, Miami, and New York to do better in the Atlantic, maybe even Philly (though the Nets are certainly terrible now). The central may have gotten worse with N.O. leaving and the Bobcats coming in, plus Cleveland might not be as good and the rest (aside from the Pacers and the Pistons) are probably a wash.

Burt_Reincarnated
08-27-2004, 07:11 PM
AL was such a big part of the team last year, it is hard to say we will be better with a guy who has never played with the team before. I think if all works out they will be almost as good. I hope big P can have a good year.

I think you are right about orlando. Francis and Mobley will make that team alot better than Tmac did. I like atlantas chances to improve Obviously Detroit is the team to beat, but I think they messed up their roster too much. By the time the playoffs they will be going strong though. The rest of the teams I really dont know. I dont think Miami is gonna be all that they are gettin hyped for, probably 5th-4th seed

Pig Nash
08-27-2004, 07:34 PM
I like Orlando, the Wizrds, Miami, and New York to do better in the Atlantic, maybe even Philly (though the Nets are certainly terrible now). The central may have gotten worse with N.O. leaving and the Bobcats coming in, plus Cleveland might not be as good and the rest (aside from the Pacers and the Pistons) are probably a wash.

Orlando, Miami, and Charlotte are all in the new SouthEast Division.

Kegboy
08-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Are you ready to hear again and again, "they're not as good as last year" from the analysts who only look at stats and game totals?

I expect it and, I'll relish it when it happens. This team plays best when they feel they're being disrespected.

Besides, anything's better than last year, when the media kept expecting us to collapse like the year before.