PDA

View Full Version : The new uniforms are done, just not revealed.

Hicks
08-27-2004, 09:47 AM
http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/025639-4458-116.html

Question: Are the Pacers getting new uniforms this year? It is way past time to get rid of the current pinstripe ones. The retro jerseys from last year should be brought back full time. Could you start a campaign for change? (Matt from Greensburg, Ind.)

Answer: I wrote late last season that a decision already has been made to introduce new uniforms for the 2005-06 season. The players had some input on the design and I'm told the uniforms are somewhat retro in nature. Teams have to make these changes far ahead of implementing them for marketing purposes. The league doesn't want them suddenly bringing out a new design when it's still trying to sell the old uniforms.

I hope they leak during this year, it'd be interesting to know what they look like. I also thought it was interesting the players had input on the design.

MSA2CF
08-27-2004, 05:33 PM
As long as it doesn't have stars on it and it isn't too "plain," I'll like it.

SoupIsGood
08-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Yeah I wish someone would leak the design, I am really curious.

Lord Helmet
08-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Someone leak the design!!I can't wait to see them.

Kegboy
08-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Guys, they're not gonna be leaked. Think about how many uni changes there have been the last couple years, then think about how many didn't "leak" until about a week before they were released, if that.

Again, I seem to be one of the few that likes the current ones. I'm afraid I'll hate the new ones.

But then, anything to get rid of the curse of those damn "yellow" uni's. I still can't believe we wore them against Detroit. No wonder Tins and JO got hurt. :banghead:

rel
08-27-2004, 11:40 PM
i wonder if the logo will get any changes to it, like new colors, or just new design bcuz of the team getting new uni's. i also agree with kegboy...im a fan of our current jerZ's with the pint stripes and dislike the ugly yellow pimp jerseys, but im excited to see what are new unis will look like. hopefully we can see the new uni on reggie(just to see what he would look like), or even better yet if they sold a reggie jerZ of the new design. those would sell, of course.

Sollozzo
08-27-2004, 11:40 PM
The yellow unis are crap. I've always liked the home white and road blue. I still prefer Flo-Jo's over all though.

Unclebuck
08-28-2004, 12:02 AM
Two requests.

Keep the logo, and keep the navy and gold/yellow.

Please don't go back to the wimpy blue they wore in the 80's

SycamoreKen
08-28-2004, 12:11 AM
I would be happy if they just took the pin strips off the ones they have now. Then again, I prefer a more sedate look than most.

Sollozzo
08-28-2004, 12:12 AM
True, Unclebuck, the logo must be kept. If the logo was changed I would be very upset, because I think we have one of the best looking logos in the league. It's simple, but is good looking.

kerosene
08-28-2004, 01:42 AM
You've seen "the statue", maybe someone could be talked into a sneak peek at the new unis come next forum party :buddies:

ABADays
08-28-2004, 09:52 AM
I've been told there will be no pin stripes and that the new uniform will incorporate the soldiers and sailors monument on it somewhat like the Warriors did with the Golden Gate Bridge years ago.

Hicks
08-28-2004, 10:06 AM
I never thought they'd change the logo/colors. I really don't think the logo will change, but I suppose they could tweak the colors, though I hope not.

Sollozzo
08-28-2004, 11:35 AM
I doubt the logo is changed. It stayed the same in 97 when we changed the unis.

MSA2CF
08-28-2004, 12:14 PM
If they changed the logo, I'd hope it'd be the old one with the hand and the ball....Why did it change in the first place? :alcohol:

MSA2CF
08-28-2004, 12:16 PM
By the by, I like the idea ABA just referred to. Incorporating something related to Indiana would be neat. Maybe some stripes to signify how fast cars go at IMS. :chuckle:

Sollozzo
08-28-2004, 12:16 PM
I dont know, I guess they just wanted a whole new look back in 1990 with the logo and the flo jo's. I personally think our current logo is better than the hand with the ball.

Hicks
08-28-2004, 12:21 PM
I think the current logo is better than the old one.

Lord Helmet
08-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Please keep the current Logo it is better than the one with the hand and the ball.As for the jerseys I could care less I just hope they don't conform to the other teams.We need to have a style of our own like we had with the Flo Jo's.

MSA2CF
08-28-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm alone...:(

ahhteeth
08-29-2004, 01:00 AM
I would like them to look like our retro's we used this year with that logo. But that's me.

Someone with some graphical skills should post a few designs for the heck of it. Nothing better to do cuz this part of the year sucks for NBA.

Lord Helmet
08-29-2004, 01:30 PM
I would like them to look like our retro's we used this year with that logo. But that's me.

Someone with some graphical skills should post a few designs for the heck of it. Nothing better to do cuz this part of the year sucks for NBA.
Yea someone should make some designs.

ChicagoJ
08-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Two requests.

Keep the logo, and keep the navy and gold/yellow.

Please don't go back to the wimpy blue they wore in the 80's

:amen:
Preach it, brother.

I think a lot of us that remember the dark period of the early-to-mid eighties associate the royal blue and with losing. Silly, I know, but still true.

Let me throw this one out... I alwasy thought the Flo-Jo's would've looked great in gold with blue and white trim. :whoknows:

Sollozzo
08-30-2004, 03:07 PM
The Flo Jo's would look good with anything. Simply the best uniforms in franchise history, and some of the best ever in the NBA.

The white Flo Jo's were especially my favorites.

I want our new home uniforms to say "Pacers" and our road ones to say "Indiana". I don't like using "Indiana" on both home and away.

Zesty
08-30-2004, 04:58 PM
I hacked into the Pacers' computer network and grabbed this image from their design offices. Looks pretty sweet if you ask me. Remember, this came directly from the Pacers' offices.

http://img10.exs.cx/img10/6154/pacersuninew.gif

:cool:

SoupIsGood
08-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Bring back the flo jo's! Just spruce them up a bit.

Sollozzo
08-30-2004, 05:04 PM
:rolleyes:

Ultimate Frisbee
08-31-2004, 02:09 AM
http://www.nba.com/history/uniforms_pacers.html

I happened upon this today... Pretty Cool huh?

Click to see all the Pacers old jerseys