PDA

View Full Version : Agree or disagree part 2

Peck
08-27-2004, 02:28 AM
I would trade Jeff Foster straight up for Mark Blount.

Joel
08-27-2004, 02:31 AM
If I were a Pacer fan, I agree.

SoupIsGood
08-27-2004, 02:32 AM
I agree.

Anthem
08-27-2004, 03:28 AM
Agree.

But we could have pursued Blount and offered Croshere in an S&T. Ainge and Red both liked Croshere, and Blount was ready to leave Boston. He could have been a Pacer.

IMO, that's our biggest mistake this summer. Not pursuing Blount.

Blount and JO starting, with Foster backing them both up? I'd take that combo over Jermaine and Brad.

Kstat
08-27-2004, 03:31 AM
I'd rather keep foster. Without FOster JO has to do pretty much ALL of the rebounding....blount isnt going to do it.

Anthem
08-27-2004, 03:35 AM
But then Blount can stay out on the floor for more than 20 minutes a game.

canyoufeelit
08-27-2004, 03:39 AM
They're a wash, really, though Blount has some semblance of a jumpshot

naptown
08-27-2004, 05:35 AM
Agree....Blount is a much more polished offensive player who is finally coming into his own. He is a legit starting center in this league.

Foster is a starting center only because there is no other alternative on the roster. Although I think Jeff would be the perfect man off the bench for any team in the league to back up both the 4 and 5 positions.

Roaming Gnome
08-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Agree....Blount is a much more polished offensive player who is finally coming into his own. He is a legit starting center in this league.

Foster is a starting center only because there is no other alternative on the roster. Although I think Jeff would be the perfect man off the bench for any team in the league to back up both the 4 and 5 positions.

Word! :fro:

DisplacedKnick
08-27-2004, 08:02 AM
Yes. What everyone else said pretty much. Foster's that hustle guy you'd love to have coming off your bench. Blount's a solid NBA starter.

able
08-27-2004, 08:35 AM
I am truly amazed about the lack of support for Jeff here.

Now I'll give you all a head start: Jeff is not the ideal "bang with Shaq" type center.

However... (proof is in the sauce):

Jeff is a better rebounder (one of the best in the league)
He CAN score, but is simply not meant to do that, he has a nice short jumper and his putbacks/dunks/lay-ups are solid, again, he is never called upon these actions, but I remember 20 pts in the playoffs.
Jeff is the ultimate roleplayer on this team, he looks for JO or a shooter when he has the ball, because that is his job, not because he can not do it himself.

Now the answer is no :D

Hicks
08-27-2004, 08:51 AM
I would have to watch Blount play more. I got some idea in the playoffs, but I wasn't focusing on him. If he really is as has been described "Foster with a modest post-up game, and a shot-blocker", then yes, agreed.

sixthman
08-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Inexplicably, Blount developed into a good player last season. Even the Celtics were shocked, I'd imagine.

On the basis of last year, I'd now take Blount, if asked to take just one.

Kegboy
08-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Blount didn't even have a good year, he had about three months of, granted, really exceptional play, but even Sports Guy questions if he's finally developed, or if he just realized it was a contract year.

GO!!!!!
08-28-2004, 04:17 AM
Pass

I woulden't trade Jeff for anyone named Blount

he's slowing becoming a Solid Player and I love Jeff's Style

like above was said... 20 pts in a play off game, if he wanted more shots and more shot oppurtunities where given to him he could be do 15 pts a game easy

Mourning
08-28-2004, 05:15 AM
Where do I sign???!;)

naptown
08-28-2004, 09:07 AM
I am truly amazed about the lack of support for Jeff here.

Foster is great and I love watching him play. But I am also able to stop being a "homer" long enough to just see things from a basketball stand point. It has nothing to do with a lack of support for Jeff....

Burt_Reincarnated
08-28-2004, 09:54 AM
I don't know much about Blounts game, but I really like Jeffs game, so no, Jeff is a keeper, he is the perfect role player