PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland kids slam LeBron in Poem

Basketball Fan
11-21-2010, 02:11 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f8492hll9PU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f8492hll9PU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Look I dislike LeBron as much as the next person but c'mon Cleveland let it go. If you hate him fine but to let kids get involved with this is sad and pathetic to me.

If LeBron leaving is the worst thing to happen those kids they are fortunate.

He was a free agent and while his "Decision" special was incredibly tacky to put it mildly he was within his rights to leave. He's a basketball player he's not that important.

Although I find it ironic that the school's name is "Wade"

Peck
11-21-2010, 02:13 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f8492hll9PU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f8492hll9PU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Look I dislike LeBron as much as the next person but c'mon Cleveland let it go. If you hate him fine but to let kids get involved with this is sad and pathetic to me.

If LeBron leaving is the worst thing to happen those kids they are fortunate.

He was a free agent and while his "Decision" special was incredibly tacky to put it mildly he was within his rights to leave. He's a basketball player he's not that important.

He absolutely was within his right. However they are within their rights if they want to not let it go.

Why is it only a one way street there?

pacer4ever
11-21-2010, 02:15 AM
LOL

Basketball Fan
11-21-2010, 02:16 AM
He absolutely was within his right. However they are within their rights if they want to not let it go.

Why is it only a one way street there?

Probably because kids are involved if adults did this it would be funnier and less cringe worthy. But really kids? Why can't they be taught to support the team they have now sans Lebron?

There are better lessons for kids to learn than Lebron left them for a better opportunity and it was cruel.

Peck
11-21-2010, 02:23 AM
Probably because kids are involved if adults did this it would be funnier and less cringe worthy. But really kids? Why can't they be taught to support the team they have now sans Lebron?

There are better lessons for kids to learn than Lebron left them for a better opportunity and it was cruel.

Meh, I won't deny that kids should be spending their time doing better things but I have no idea if this was a school thing, a church function or the YMCA or anything else.

BornReady
11-21-2010, 02:24 AM
I feel like Cleveland is like the bitter ex-girlfriend who just never gives it up.

Basketball Fan
11-21-2010, 02:25 AM
Meh, I won't deny that kids should be spending their time doing better things but I have no idea if this was a school thing, a church function or the YMCA or anything else.

It was a school thing they're from the Wade Park Elementary School of Cleveland and yes its ironic that the school is named "Wade".

Surely those kids will eventually realize what being a free agent means...

Day-V
11-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Aw, let 'em grieve, damnit.

TinManJoshua
11-22-2010, 12:13 AM
How come 90% of the threads about LeBron(particularly the ones about Cleveland's reaction to him leaving) are started by you, Basketball Fan? Do you really need to bring this stuff to the rest of our attentions just so you can say, over and over, "Man, Cleveland needs to get over it?"

Infinite MAN_force
11-22-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm sick of this Cleveland backlash. Let them be angry. They are just as well within their rights as Lebron was.

Eddie Gill
11-22-2010, 01:18 PM
At some point I think Cleveland needs to move on.

That said, I don't think we're at that point yet. We're only 12 games into the season, lets give them some time to grieve.

tora tora
11-22-2010, 01:26 PM
That video needs subtitles.
These kids are supposed to be getting an education. Why are they in the auditorium crying about Lebron. Some of the schools out there are a joke.

redfoster
11-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Lame.

Basketball Fan
11-22-2010, 08:32 PM
How come 90% of the threads about LeBron(particularly the ones about Cleveland's reaction to him leaving) are started by you, Basketball Fan? Do you really need to bring this stuff to the rest of our attentions just so you can say, over and over, "Man, Cleveland needs to get over it?"

I figured people would be interested in discussing something new besides O'Brien sucks and while I think he does well I like a little variety in basketball topics.. if it doesn't matter to you then don't read it. And yes I think Cleveland needs to suck it up and move on if they hate LeBron fine but using kids is taking it too far. Kids should realize Sports are fun they aren't that serious in the end.

Indra
11-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Why are people surprised that they're kids? When I was around their age I lived and died with the Pacers. I had Reggie posters in my room, Pacers jackets, shorts, jerseys, t-shirts, basketballs, banners, and everything else. I'd go out every day and practice shooting threes just like Reg. Had he left the team in the same way that LBJ left Cleveland I'd have been devastated. I remember listening intently to the radio with my Dad when the news broke that he signed his contract extension with the Pacers, and I remember the warm feeling of relief wash over me knowing Reg was still a Pacer.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with kids being upset about it. And let's be honest, when I was in school I was spending more time drawing pictures of Reggie hitting game winners over Jordan than paying attention to my studies. At least the teachers took a hands-on approach and provided a project that engages the students. They learned a little about poetry and working together. Who cares what the subject is about?

Basketball Fan
11-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Why are people surprised that they're kids? When I was around their age I lived and died with the Pacers. I had Reggie posters in my room, Pacers jackets, shorts, jerseys, t-shirts, basketballs, banners, and everything else. I'd go out every day and practice shooting threes just like Reg. Had he left the team in the same way that LBJ left Cleveland I'd have been devastated. I remember listening intently to the radio with my Dad when the news broke that he signed his contract extension with the Pacers, and I remember the warm feeling of relief wash over me knowing Reg was still a Pacer.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with kids being upset about it. And let's be honest, when I was in school I was spending more time drawing pictures of Reggie hitting game winners over Jordan than paying attention to my studies. At least the teachers took a hands-on approach and provided a project that engages the students. They learned a little about poetry and working together. Who cares what the subject is about?

I expected adults to actually be mature about this thing the kids can hate LeBron but I probably wouldn't encourage them to do this sort of thing he's only a basketball player he's not that important in the grand scheme of things.

grace
11-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Well, since the poem is patterned after LeBron's commercial I'd say yet again LeBron brought his on himself. As far as I'm concerend Cleveland can complain all they want to this season. After that they need to keep their mouths shut.

As for those who say Cleveland fans should let it go how many years did it take before the brawl wasn't mentioned at least once a month?

Basketball Fan
11-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Well, since the poem is patterned after LeBron's commercial I'd say yet again LeBron brought his on himself. As far as I'm concerend Cleveland can complain all they want to this season. After that they need to keep their mouths shut.

As for those who say Cleveland fans should let it go how many years did it take before the brawl wasn't mentioned at least once a month?

You can't compare the two players come and go its called free agency and trades.

Riots in an NBA game rarely happen(fortunately)

Besides this only dents LeBron's legacy(if he ends up ringless) not a permanent stain on the Cavs like the brawl did for the Pacers.

vapacersfan
11-23-2010, 06:51 PM
That video needs subtitles.
These kids are supposed to be getting an education. Why are they in the auditorium crying about Lebron. Some of the schools out there are a joke.

Public schools (at least that I have been in or visited) are bcoming more and more of a joke

I have no problem with this, it is funny, but sad at the same time.

Like Grace said, though, he brought it upon himself. If this commercial never came out this story does not exist.......

grace
11-24-2010, 08:09 PM
You can't compare the two players come and go its called free agency and trades.

If I can't then you can't say the way LeBron left was as simple as a free agent leaving one team for another. What other free agent has had a TV special to announce what team he was going to?

Basketball Fan
11-24-2010, 08:58 PM
If I can't then you can't say the way LeBron left was as simple as a free agent leaving one team for another. What other free agent has had a TV special to announce what team he was going to?

Well he'd be the first but there are many that have PC's over it. His was just an excessive display of narcissism and while it was tacky it made him look bad not Cleveland(well some of their reactions are rather EMO for my tastes).

The brawl in Detroit made the Pacers organization look bad and they haven't fully recovered. We seem to be making some strides now but its hard to live down a team riot with opposing fans.