PDA

View Full Version : Shawne Williams Stirring Trouble At Knicks' Practice

DGPR
11-19-2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70169/20101119/knicks_walker_williams_fight_at_practice/
Marc Berman
New York Post

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Williams_Shawne_ind.jpg Knicks reserves Bill Walker and Shawne Williams had to be separated during practice on Thursday.
Williams was driving to the basket when Walker took him down hard. Williams shot up from the floor and lunged at Walker.
Teammates broke the pair apart, but Williams kept going at Walker and was even restrained by Eddy Curry.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70169/20101119/knicks_walker_williams_fight_at_practice/##ixzz15mmz8f6t

Trader Joe
11-19-2010, 10:32 PM
If you were going to pick a pair of wing guys to get into it at practice, Shawne and Bill Walker would have to be right at the top. I don't trust the way either of those guys are wired.

DGPR
11-19-2010, 10:36 PM
I love the picture they chose to use with Williams in his Indiana jersey and they also mention in the full article Williams is a former first round bust of Indiana.

Scot Pollard
11-20-2010, 12:06 AM
hes got mental problems and it unfortunately cant get cleared up

thank goodness hes not our problem

BlueNGold
11-20-2010, 12:20 AM
I just wonder how long Bill Walker will be above ground.

Shawne would be in the DOC if he wasn't in the NBA.

jeffg-body
11-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Surely not Shawne Williams causing trouble and getting his team bad publicity.

mildlysane
11-20-2010, 12:41 AM
He was just keepin' it real...
*cue Dave Chappelle*

pwee31
11-20-2010, 01:02 AM
It's sad this guy is still getting so many chances, while guys are working hard overseas and in the d-league playing by the book trying to make it to the NBA.

90'sNBARocked
11-20-2010, 01:10 AM
why is this such a big deal?

Guys get into fights at practice all the time

Michael Jordan broke John Paxons nose one practice

Got to love the "Indiana Mentality"

Trader Joe
11-20-2010, 01:14 AM
Michael Jordan won championships.

Shawne Williams does not.

For me, it's as simple as that. If Michael Jordan is showing some passion that's one thing, if two scrubs are lunging at each other in practice, it's just a distraction.

90'sNBARocked
11-20-2010, 01:20 AM

For me, it's as simple as that. If Michael Jordan is showing some passion that's one thing, if two scrubs are lunging at each other in practice, it's just a distraction.

I understand your point, but we dont know what the altercation was about

plus you just know that tomorrow it will be dismissed by both parties as no big deal

danman
11-20-2010, 01:25 AM
If it was just a couple guys getting angry in practice, this is a complete non-story.

Not carrying water for Shawne, but honestly... bust his chops when he deserves it.

sportfireman
11-20-2010, 05:03 AM
So no fault on Bill Walker's side for taking him down hard? I love how some people think.....

Oh and the title is misleading.... he's not stirring up trouble. Simply got into it with a teammate in practice.... it happens.

Speed
11-20-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm surprised Shawn had the fire and intensity to strike back. It's almost a good sign he cares, in a way.

DGPR
11-20-2010, 10:36 AM
So no fault on Bill Walker's side for taking him down hard? I love how some people think.....

Oh and the title is misleading.... he's not stirring up trouble. Simply got into it with a teammate in practice.... it happens.

He tried to start an altercation.......i.e. (trouble). Would you rather me put "Shawne Williams Tries to Whip Dat ***" ?

sportfireman
11-20-2010, 12:02 PM
He tried to start an altercation.......i.e. (trouble). Would you rather me put "Shawne Williams Tries to Whip Dat ***" ?

How is he stirring up trouble if he isn't the one that started the altercation?

idioteque
11-20-2010, 12:08 PM
why is this such a big deal?

Guys get into fights at practice all the time

Michael Jordan broke John Paxons nose one practice

Got to love the "Indiana Mentality"

Giving Shawne Williams the same benefit of the doubt as Michael Jordan doesn't border on the insane, it is certifiably crazy. Hyperbole much?

Shawne Williams is a punk that is generally in trouble. He lost the benefit of the doubt from most anyone in the NBA except for Donnie Walsh who seems petrified of admitting his own mistakes.

imawhat
11-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Shawne is always in trouble but it's never related to violence. We heard plenty of comments from Pacers teammates that he was a very likable guy.

This is out of character.

sportfireman
11-20-2010, 12:15 PM

So if you win rings its okay to fight? So Kobe can punch Danny in the face when we play them.....?? He's got rinnngggsss.

PR07
11-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Honestly, this isn't a big deal. Shawne has had his problems, but this isn't one of them. Guys get in their defenders face all the time after getting taken down too hard.

xBulletproof
11-20-2010, 01:49 PM
So if you win rings its okay to fight? So Kobe can punch Danny in the face when we play them.....?? He's got rinnngggsss.

Wow, you took it way out of context.

NapTonius Monk
11-20-2010, 02:11 PM
To stay Shawne Williams is stirring up trouble is a misrepresentation of this reported story. Walker fouled him, apparently over-aggressively. Shawne Williams overreacts and has to be calmed down. To take that story and make it seem like Williams is stirring up trouble is hardly fair. I'd bet these things happen quite a bit. It's just not reported.

Powww
11-20-2010, 03:45 PM
You can tell some of you never played any real competitive sports. This happens everyday. Someone fouls hard, words get exchanged. Push each other around a little bit and you call it a day.

Shawne Williams is a idiot for sure, but this isnt something to overreact about.

SMosley21
11-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Pacers fans have to be the most self-defeating fans in all of sports. We sit and talk about how news articles about Shawne Williams and other former bad seeds around here still get credited as "Pacers articles", yet here we are reading a post about Shawne Williams being involved in nonsense again because a Pacers fan posted it here.

Did this really need to be brought up? Do we really want to still be discussing Shawne Williams when we don't have any reason to do so?

NO! Boooooo to this thread!

speakout4
11-20-2010, 06:48 PM
I would like to see Shawne make it in the nba. A hard foul possibly causing injury and lost minutes is not something he can afford so why wouldn't he get p*****.

DGPR
11-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Please close this thread admins. I just wanted to bring information to everybody as to what Shawne Williams is doing to make the news.