PDA

View Full Version : 11/19

McKeyFan
11-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Today is 11/19.

Six years ago our franchise took a sudden steep dive into the abyss. We're just now starting to crawl out.

90'sNBARocked
11-19-2010, 02:59 PM
wow , 6 years ago

Yep I can finally see a small light shining at the end of the Tunnel

What really sucks is we will have all this cap space next year, but there is a pending lockout and also a weak free agency class next year

:( :(

duke dynamite
11-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Look where we are now. It's amazing that it took this long but we are on the right track.

BPump33
11-19-2010, 03:20 PM
I was wondering if anyone was going to bring this up.

duke dynamite
11-19-2010, 03:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone was going to bring this up.
Well it's a part of our Franchise's history, albeit a dark one.

BPump33
11-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Well it's a part of our Franchise's history, albeit a dark one.

Agreed. I'm just surprised it took this long to come up today.

Basketball Fan
11-19-2010, 03:28 PM
I lived in Michigan at the time and was watching the game...

Doddage
11-19-2010, 03:29 PM
What really sucks is we will have all this cap space next year, but there is a pending lockout and also a weak free agency class next year

:( :(
That may not be such a bad thing. Less of chance we'll overpay for free agents.

Day-V
11-19-2010, 03:32 PM
With the new potential salary cap restrictions, teams might have to deal players, right?

We'll have the cap space to bring a few in.

Hicks
11-19-2010, 04:15 PM
6 years and we still haven't recovered.

Sparhawk
11-19-2010, 04:58 PM
6 years and we still haven't recovered.

Which is pretty sad and goes to show that there is a lot wrong with the league when it takes more than 5 years to turn a franchise around.

ChicagoJ
11-21-2010, 10:46 PM
The dive wasn't sudden, it just became very public that night.

Ron has already sat out two games that season for a short-lived "retirement" - the public version of that story was that he wanted time off during the season to produce a couple of rap albums. If it wasn't that night in Detroit, the dynamite was going to explode on that collection of egos (wouldn't call them a "team") very soon. Maybe not a brawl with the fans, but something would have happened. They all hated each other too much.

jeffg-body
11-21-2010, 11:41 PM
I have a feeling we'll get a good player next year barring a lockout. If the salary restructuring goes ahead as the owners would like there will be some teams way over the cap looking to shed high salary players and we will have that cap space to absorb one or two players.

Kstat
11-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Which is pretty sad and goes to show that there is a lot wrong with the league when it takes more than 5 years to turn a franchise around.

The Lions have been broken for 53 years. Can I blame the NFL for that too?

graphic-er
11-22-2010, 01:55 AM
I do not get why people say that brawl was the event that pulled the rug out from under this franchise. That team still went to the 2nd round of the playoffs with out Ron Artest, and we probably would have won the whole thing if we had him. That team played with a backs against the wall mentality for the whole year. The fans did not abandon this team because of the brawl, the media did not attack this team because of the brawl. Everyone seen what happened, and they agreed with Ron Artest's reaction at the time. Heck even the ESPN analysts stood up for him after the game, now the next day was a different story.

Sollozzo
11-22-2010, 07:27 AM
I do not get why people say that brawl was the event that pulled the rug out from under this franchise. That team still went to the 2nd round of the playoffs with out Ron Artest, and we probably would have won the whole thing if we had him.

Bit of a stretch to say that team would have "probably" won the whole thing. In order to win the title, we would have had to beat the Pistons and Spurs - the two previous champions.

The Pistons were so much smarter and played better as a team. They would have found a way to eliminate us one way or another. Even if we get by them, we don't beat SA.