PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest Wants to Pursue NFL After NBA Career

Hibbert
11-19-2010, 01:32 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70163/20101119/artest_wants_shot_at_nfl_after_nba_career/

Artest Wants Shot At NFL After NBA Career

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70163/20101119/artest_wants_shot_at_nfl_after_nba_career/#ixzz15kbF1aak
Nov 19, 2010 8:40 AM EST
Lakers forward Ron Artest wants a shot at playing in the NFL after his basketball career is over.

Artest told CBS Sports that he plans to work out for an NFL team when his current contract runs out after the 2013-14 season.

"God willing, after my NBA career, God willing I'm still athletic enough - which I'm trying to take care of my body as best as possible and be prepared for this day, for this tryout of an NFL team," Artest said.

"... It's a fantasy of mine. It's an opportunity because I'm athletic. So if that fantasy can be fulfilled, and if it's something that can really be reached as far as a goal, I'm going for it."

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports

Hicks
11-19-2010, 01:36 PM
He should be a defensive lineman. Always did like tackling people.

tfarks
11-19-2010, 01:48 PM
God willing I will get to witness the sheer comedic value from that.

90'sNBARocked
11-19-2010, 02:22 PM
The guys have no idea how difficult it is to become a professional footbal player

Just because your an athlete, doesn t mean you can just jump into a new sport and be successful . To me its a little insulting to all the guys that have worked so hard at their profession to think someone can just "walk in" to a football field and achieve success

pacer4ever
11-19-2010, 02:24 PM
:haha:

:50cent:

BRushWithDeath
11-19-2010, 02:25 PM
The guys have no idea how difficult it is to become a professional footbal player

Just because your an athlete, doesn t mean you can just jump into a new sport and be successful . To me its a little insulting to all the guys that have worked so hard at their profession to think someone can just "walk in" to a football field and achieve success

Tell that to Antonio Gates.

pacer4ever
11-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Tell that to Antonio Gates.

he started way younger

Basketball Fan
11-19-2010, 02:57 PM
With how bad the injury bug is with the Colts we might have to resort to NBA players

Day-V
11-19-2010, 02:59 PM
He should be a TE for Green Bay. That way he can jump into the stands and not get in trouble for it.

NapTonius Monk
11-19-2010, 08:28 PM
He should be a TE for Green Bay. That way he can jump into the stands and not get in trouble for it.:laugh:

Pacersalltheway10
11-19-2010, 10:00 PM
He and Brandon Marshall could swap places. didn't Marshall want to be in the NBA.

beast23
11-19-2010, 10:04 PM
I guess I would like to see him on special teams... as a kick returner.

Sorry... I'm just a sadistic SOB. Even though I was once one of his biggest boosters, after the trouble he caused our team, I'd love to see experienced NFL players hit him head on at full speed.

Shade
11-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Anything that allows Ron to get clobbered continuously is okay by me.

Lord Helmet
11-19-2010, 10:10 PM
He'll probably win in the NFL, too.

redfoster
11-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Just don't let him do the Lambeau Leap.

Kaufman
11-19-2010, 10:28 PM

Why would it be insulting? Did you play pro football?

Ron says he would like to try out to see if he could make it. He didn't say that he thought he would be able to "walk in" and achieve success. He says he would condition and prepare for it. He never said it was easy.

Brad8888
11-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I'd rather see Lebron go first, and I would like to see him as a tight end running over the middle routes into double coverage about 12 yards deep and getting sandwiched between the defenders, with one high hit and one low hit on most plays. He would provide both spectacular plays and the potential for epic disastrous hits every time the ball comes his way.

Ron probably would be OK as a running back similar to the way Addai is used with the Colts. Ron would love to block for the QB, would have good hands for catching passes once he figures out that accuracy in running routes would be key, and may have enough power to be able to break a few tackles despite not having the lightning quickness possessed by many running backs.

Bball
11-19-2010, 11:39 PM
I'd rather see Lebron go first, and I would like to see him as a tight end running over the middle routes into double coverage about 12 yards deep and getting sandwiched between the defenders, with one high hit and one low hit on most plays. He would provide both spectacular plays and the potential for epic disastrous hits every time the ball comes his way.

This just reminded me of the (Nike?) commercial where Lebron was dreaming he was a Cleveland Brown. ....I guess he'd be a Dolphin now....

BlueNGold
11-19-2010, 11:50 PM
I would say he has a better shot of being a defensive end in the NFL than Michael Jordan had a shot at the majors. Tight end, not so much. I don't see Ronny as an offensive player.

...and he's no running back. Ever see a 6'7" running back...lol.

jeffg-body
11-20-2010, 12:31 AM
The way kickers have been going down he just may have a shot......