PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Black Friday Deals Announced

joeyd
11-19-2010, 11:45 AM
The Pacers just announced the deals at their annual Black Friday sale. Details on the Pacers website. Best deals are from 6-8 AM with lower level seats at $35, KD seats at $10 and balcony at $5, excluding the premium games. Don't even have to forsake hitting the mall, as I think you can buy at Castleton and maybe some others.

CableKC
11-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Does Pacersgear.com usually have any deals on Thanksgiving weekend?

I've had my eye on that Granger short sleeved Shooting short for quite some time now.

joeyd
11-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Not sure about on-line deals, but Home Court usually has some specials going on during the ticket sales. At least they did in year's past.

RobfromPacers
11-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Here are a few clarifications for Pacers Black Friday presented by Simon Malls. It will occur at five locations - Conseco Fieldhouse, Circle Centre, Castleton Square, Muncie Mall and College Mall in Bloomington. Conseco Fieldhouse will have all of the offers listed below. The Simon Malls will have the individual ticket offers listed below with Circle Centre only have the 8am-11am offers as that's when they open.

Pacers Blue & Gold Elite Members will have access to an online pre-sale for the 6am ticket offers (listed below) starting Tuesday, Nov. 23, at 10am. The pre-sale ends at 2pm. If you are a season ticket holder and did not receive an email with these details, then contact the Hotline at (317) 917-2525 to confirm we have your correct e-mail address on file.

6am-8am on Nov. 26:
- Individual ticket offers for games from Jan-April (excluding Miami):
-- $5 Balcony
-- $10 Krieg DeVault Club Level
-- $35 Lower Level

- 5-Game Holiday packs (Only 500 available for each pack; up to 65% off regular price; only available at Conseco Fieldhouse):
-- Darren Collison Pack features Miami, Memphis & 3 games of your choice (Jan-Feb games)
-- Tyler Hansbrough Pack features Lakers, Washington & 3 games of your choice (Dec-Jan games)
--- Each pack includes a $25 gift card for concessions & a photo autographed by the specific player

- Merchandise offers (Conseco Fieldhouse only)
-- $35 for select adult jerseys (Current players only; excludes new 30 Revolution jerseys)
-- $25 for select adult jerseys (Current players only; excludes new 30 Revolution jerseys)

8am - 11am:
- Individual ticket offers for games from Jan-April (excluding Miami):
-- $8 Balcony
-- $15 Krieg DeVault Club Level
-- $45 Lower Level

Web Resources:
- Full Details web page Pacers.com (http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/black_friday_landing.html)
- Facebook event for Conseco Fieldhouse (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=171783652850854&index=1)
- Facebook event for Castleton Square (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=154585221253379&index=1)
- Facebook event for Circle Centre (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=161425250565174&index=1)
- Facebook event for Muncie Mall (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=176974235649325&index=1)
- Facebook event for College Mal (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=179383868743101&index=1)l

Happy Black Friday Shopping,
Rob

Roaming Gnome
11-21-2010, 08:59 PM
One reason I'll be glad that the team is good again is hopefully an end to this "Black Friday" nonsense that just totally destroys the value and worth in buying season tickets! Yeah, I know that I can buy even more tickets ahead of the general public to get the "Black Friday" deals, but why should I have to spend even MORE $$$ to get what some sap off the street gets? Hell, in this economy it is hard enough for my family to keep our seats. Having to watch this gets a little frustrating year after year.

PS&E needs a better "make good" for us STH's. How about offering STH's a chance to exchange a set amount of their tickets for better tickets (ie. if you're balcony you can get lower bowl/club level and not have to ante up anymore cash). Then you can use that nice "loyalty" system to determine who is first in the line instead of rewarding your STH's by making them buy even more tickets. I think this would really put some meaning into the loyalty program.

I know after a couple years of double deep discounting, I've seen fans and a few former seat mates brag about forgoing buying season tickets and just wait for the double deep discounts that they know are coming to buy a bulk of their tickets.

Just something for the suggestion box deep within PS&E!

TheDon
11-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Not sure if anyone else tried to get any tickets through this deal that was on this board or not. As far as Muncie Mall goes the line was almost out the door at 6am. I was 2nd in line they had issues there accepting cash was only able to accept credit/debit which it took them 35 minutes (not exaggerating) to figure that it would accept debit/credit the lady that was first in line tried to pay cash. I feel very sorry for the rest of the folks who were there hoping to get tickets between the 6 - 8 deadline since it took them 35 minutes to process one person's ticket requests. Glad I got there early and did get tickets, but I have a feeling there were going to be lots of angry people :(. On the bright side of things it was nice to see a pretty sizeable turnout for the tickets.

11-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Last year I arrived at 6a and I was out by 8a. This year I arrived at 6a and I am only half way through at 8:10a. There is a lot of interest in the Pacers compared to last year.

RobfromPacers
11-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Not sure if anyone else tried to get any tickets through this deal that was on this board or not. As far as Muncie Mall goes the line was almost out the door at 6am. I was 2nd in line they had issues there accepting cash was only able to accept credit/debit which it took them 35 minutes (not exaggerating) to figure that it would accept debit/credit the lady that was first in line tried to pay cash. I feel very sorry for the rest of the folks who were there hoping to get tickets between the 6 - 8 deadline since it took them 35 minutes to process one person's ticket requests. Glad I got there early and did get tickets, but I have a feeling there were going to be lots of angry people :(. On the bright side of things it was nice to see a pretty sizeable turnout for the tickets.

The fans that were in line before 8am in Muncie received the 6am offers since there was the technical issue you described.

Thanks to all the fans that came to Conseco Fieldhouse and Simon Mall locations. We're still going strong and will continue the Black Friday offers until 11am today.

RobfromPacers
11-26-2010, 09:39 AM
One reason I'll be glad that the team is good again is hopefully an end to this "Black Friday" nonsense that just totally destroys the value and worth in buying season tickets! Yeah, I know that I can buy even more tickets ahead of the general public to get the "Black Friday" deals, but why should I have to spend even MORE $$$ to get what some sap off the street gets? Hell, in this economy it is hard enough for my family to keep our seats. Having to watch this gets a little frustrating year after year.

PS&E needs a better "make good" for us STH's. How about offering STH's a chance to exchange a set amount of their tickets for better tickets (ie. if you're balcony you can get lower bowl/club level and not have to ante up anymore cash). Then you can use that nice "loyalty" system to determine who is first in the line instead of rewarding your STH's by making them buy even more tickets. I think this would really put some meaning into the loyalty program.

I know after a couple years of double deep discounting, I've seen fans and a few former seat mates brag about forgoing buying season tickets and just wait for the double deep discounts that they know are coming to buy a bulk of their tickets.

Eric,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll share it with our Ticket Services department.

We provide the pre-sale so Paces Blue & Gold Elite members get access to the best seats offered without having to wait in line early in the morning. We started the pre-sale during the 2009 Black Friday after receiving feedback from STHs after the 2008 Black Friday.

If you see me tonight at the game, feel free to stop by to discuss or elaborate on your ideas.

Thanks,
Rob

MagicRat
11-26-2010, 10:10 AM

At least you got free Dunkin' Doughnuts!

HC
11-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Honestly aside from taking advantage of the promotions the Pacers are always offering, if one does a little searching and hard work a comparable or even better deal can be found from the comfort of your couch. I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about for people running out to fight these crowds and stand in lines.

boombaby_rm31
11-26-2010, 12:16 PM
what are the jerseys that are available for 25?

-- $35 for select adult jerseys (Current players only; excludes new 30 Revolution jerseys)
-- $25 for select adult jerseys (Current players only; excludes new 30 Revolution jerseys)

11-26-2010, 06:53 PM
The $25 jerseys were youth sized.

vapacersfan
11-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Very cool to see the Pacers posting here.

Now we just need the Home Court Gift Shop (or did they change the name of that store?) to offer some good deal on some Pacers gear.

Naptown_Seth
11-27-2010, 07:58 AM
At least you got free Dunkin' Doughnuts!
No, at least I got to stand next to a couple of smoking Pacemates. :eek:
Apparently there was coffee and donut holes but I didn't notice.

It sure was nice to be the guy getting the super cheap lowers instead of the guy with the expensive ticket package sitting next to the guy with the cheap tix.

Right now I'm going to 40% of the games I did last year but I've spent about 15% of what did to accomplish that and only had to move back about 6 rows. This includes the expensive home opener center court seat.

Got to Conseco at 5am, I was out of there by 6:20, which is why you people should move downtown ;). Forget the $35 seats, how about the 4 clubs for a total of $10 if you bought 12 tix.

It's going to be a lot fuller in Conseco for the 2nd half, so at least season ticket holders and Area 55 people will be able to enjoy a more energized environment.

Rob, I think one thing RG and I discussed in the past was the chance to upgrade seats rather than just buy more. I understand the team doesn't want to take money off the board so to speak, but allowing season holders to upgrade into lower sections for free/ticket price credit/$5 as the pre-sale makes more sense than just allowing them to buy more tickets to a game they are already going to.

What happens is that while any one person might only get 5-6 pairs of cheap tix, ultimately you have season ticket holders seeing the market value of their ticket set at $35 or less every single game as different people sit next to them every game.

If RG upgrades to club for $5, trading his upper $5 ticket for a $10 club, you can still sell his $5 upper for that same $5. Let him do this for 24 tickets instead of 12. Now you have a selling point to potential ticket buyers.

Ditto for club to lower. Then give the lower people either free row bump ups (if you are in BLR seats it's a tough sell to ask people to pay for a 3 row upgrade) or some other benefit totally exclusive to them and you give them a reason to buy at the start of the season too and don't force them to sit next to a person who committed at most $400 to the team when they committed 5-12K.

You still have the same volume of inventory and you haven't sold anything for less than the BF price. You just have more club and upper inventory than lower.

And if the point is that you can't sell $5 uppers on Black Friday (thus the need to advertise $35 lowers as the draw) then think about how valuable a ticket holder who buys a season package of them is to the team.

I just think you need to make the lower level especially and the club somewhat as items you have a tough time getting into without committing to the team before the season.

Also while I get the tough sell the last 2 seasons, this roster is exciting so I would suggest that while you are giving away the product to generate interest, this should be the last season to view it that way. People are getting interested this year, I think a lot of us are starting to see it from our casual fan friends.

Even more reason to start making the good seats hard to get items going forward from this season.

Naptown_Seth
11-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Jerseys on sale that I saw were tons of Granger (including the all-black), Ford, Rush and Hans. Some Dun. A few DC and Hibbert but not all sizes left.

RobfromPacers
12-01-2010, 01:48 AM

If RG upgrades to club for $5, trading his upper $5 ticket for a $10 club, you can still sell his $5 upper for that same $5. Let him do this for 24 tickets instead of 12. Now you have a selling point to potential ticket buyers...

Sorry I'm just responding now. PD's vanity URL still isn't loading. It took me this long to think to go directly to a subpage through my web history.

I like the upgrade idea. Technically, it isn't as simple as I wish it was. I'll look into it from a back-end standpoint and see if it is possible. Regardless, thanks for the input.

RG - let's touch base next week. Sorry I missed you on Friday. I didn't get to you before OT and I wasn't very excited after the disappointing loss. I'm sure you were in a similar mood, so I thought it would be best to continue our conversation on Monday. DM me if/when you arrive.

joeyd
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I like the upgrade idea. Technically, it isn't as simple as I wish it was. I'll look into it from a back-end standpoint and see if it is possible. Regardless, thanks for the input.

I think there are several on this board that are or have been season ticket holders over the years. I'm sure there are many who would be interested in providing feedback on this issue, some anonymously and some not so anonymously. I for one just spent a fair amount of $$$ on extra tickets and wish that there would have been an upgrade option that would have enabled me to get some good seats for visiting family/friends (that is, better than my current season ticket seats) while still allowing me to sit with them, rather than in my assigned season ticket seats.

Regardless, I do appreciate your efforts in following up on the suggestions that were made by RG in the above posts.

BillS
12-01-2010, 03:25 PM
What I had suggested for STH "compensation" was to keep track of how often seats are offered at a discount in my section and give me some percentage of that in credit toward my next year's tickets.

Understanding that you can't really discount every STH's tickets all the way and having a vested interest in seeing the Fieldhouse full, I had proposed that this be for full (or at most half) packages only and be in the below 50% range.

For example, at 35%, if there are 10 games where my $77 face tickets are being sold at $30, that would be 35% of $300, or $105 applied toward next year's tickets.

I think that would go a long way toward people renewing rather than just hoping for cheap tickets.

As for upgrades, except for maybe Legends or direct courtside I'm not likely to do it. As I told my rep, I have Season Tickets specifically because I love my current seats and don't want to risk not having seats as good on a game-to-game basis. There aren't many other seats I'd trade them for.

MyFavMartin
01-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Anybody know of any gear deals coming up or would one expect some from pacersgear.com? I'm itching to get something, but wouldn't mind saving a couple bucks.

Basketball Fan
01-26-2011, 02:37 PM

Hard to believe it could be worse I found out that tickets to the Nets/Cavs game earlier this week were as low as .25

Roaming Gnome
01-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Hard to believe it could be worse I found out that tickets to the Nets/Cavs game earlier this week were as low as .25

:picardriker:

CableKC
01-27-2011, 03:13 PM
:picardriker:
Ironically, Gnome.... the Pacers Gnome is on sale on Pacersgear.com.