PDA

View Full Version : Rush to start tonight's game

Deadshot
11-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Taken from Mike Wells' Twitter:

No Dunleavy (child birth) 2night vs. Clippers. B Rush gets the start

cdash
11-18-2010, 06:06 PM
I couldn't be less excited about a Ford-Rush-Granger-McRoberts-Hibbert starting five. Thank god it's the Clippers! That said, this is exactly the type of game we lose--the one we are supposed to win.

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Hopefully he plays well enough to keep the spot.

MaHa3000
11-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Maybe Paul George will get some minutes.

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 06:08 PM
I couldn't be less excited about a Ford-Rush-Granger-McRoberts-Hibbert starting five. Thank god it's the Clippers! That said, this is exactly the type of game we lose--the one we are supposed to win.

HUH, what lineup do you want? Collison is injured, Hansbrough should still get plenty of minutes. Aside from those two variables this is our optimum lineup.

OakMoses
11-18-2010, 06:10 PM
That's very offensively challenged starting 5. There should be absolutely no excuse for them to play bad defense though.

Sookie
11-18-2010, 06:11 PM
oh wow..I came in here ready to congratulate JOB for making a good choice...

Oh well, congrats to Dun! Hopefully we'll see a little bit of George..I won't be shocked though if we end up with a cute little "TJ/AJ backcourt"

Also, depending on which Rush shows up and which Dun shows up, the lineup with Dun can at times be just as offensively challenged.

cdash
11-18-2010, 06:11 PM
HUH, what lineup do you wan't. Collison is injured, Hansbrough should still get plenty of minutes. Aside from those to variables this is our optimum lineup.

I'm not upset about the lineup choice. I just don't like most of the guys in it.

cdash
11-18-2010, 06:13 PM
oh wow..I came in here ready to congratulate JOB for making a good choice...

Oh well, congrats to Dun! Hopefully we'll see a little bit of George..I won't be shocked though if we end up with a cute little "TJ/AJ backcourt"

:laugh:

Yeah, me either. I'm interested to see what kind of minutes George will get tonight.

Kuq_e_Zi91
What is that you say? No Dunleavy! Good heavens! How will our offense survive without his immaculate basketball IQ, and flawless backdoor cuts? Moreover, I shudder at the thought of our team defense collapsing without his cat-like reflexes and spidey-sense to save the day.

(seriously though, congrats to the dunleavy family!)

vnzla81
Nice, hopefully Dunleavy is out for a week

cdash
11-18-2010, 06:16 PM
I'd like to see some advanced statistics on just how much better the defense supposedly is when Rush is on the court as opposed to Dunleavy. Same with the offense. I'd like to know how much of an impact those guys make on defense and offense.

vnzla81
11-18-2010, 06:18 PM
I'd like to see some advanced statistics on just how much better the defense supposedly is when Rush is on the court as opposed to Dunleavy. Same with the offense. I'd like to know how much of an impact those guys make on defense and offense.

I think is going to be hard to know that when playing a team like the Clippers.

cdash
11-18-2010, 06:19 PM
I think is going to be hard to know that when playing a team like the Clippers.

I'm talking the previous games. Really small sample size though. Maybe even go back to last season.

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 06:19 PM

Rush hasn't played enough this year for any meaningful statistical analysis.

PaceBalls
11-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Mike is going into labor tonight! Congratulations are in order!
:dance: :happydanc

CableKC
11-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Hopefully he plays well enough to keep the spot.
You think that JO'B may call up Dunleavy from the hospital to see if he can make it in to close out the game? ;)

J/K.....:D

HeliumFear
11-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Dunleavey's giving birth?

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 06:52 PM
You think that JO'B may call up Dunleavy from the hospital to see if he can make it in to close out the game? ;)

J/K.....:D

Ok admittedly I smiled at that.

Day-V
11-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Cool for Mike.

Hopefully Rush has a good game.

BringJackBack
11-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Well, it seems as if this is a tiny tiny sample size to see if Mike brings more to the table than he doesn't.

A very, very, very small sample size albeit. One game compared to all the other ones this season.

daschysta
11-18-2010, 07:09 PM
I prefer mike to be an offensive sparkplug off the bench. Given how streaky he is he could win us some games by coming in on fire, while his defensive liabilities would be kept away from roy and the other starters, maximizing their efficiency. Plus with the lack of scorers off our bench dun's movement could open things up for the more limited players.

In the right situation dun could be an elite 6th man.