PDA

View Full Version : why the heat won't be champs

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 02:05 PM
If you watch the video there is an interview with Bosh. When asked about hard work Bosh said that the coach needs to meet them half way. Coach wants to work hard and the players want to chill. If this is really the the mindset, I am glad he isn't on our team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=301117014

Unclebuck
11-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Yes, I saw that last night and enjoyed Jeff Van Gundy's comments about what Bosh had to say.

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Yes, I saw that last night and enjoyed Jeff Van Gundy's comments about what Bosh had to say.

Are those comments on espn or was it just on tv? What did he say?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JrBR_KPWVtE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JrBR_KPWVtE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I thought this was funny but didn't know where else to put it.

Trader Joe
11-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Bosh has really exposed himself as a prima donna punk throughout all of this. Lebron looked bad because of the decision, but at least he isn't saying stuff like this, where you really have to question if Bosh even cares about winning or is just interested in the spot light. I think the answer to that is pretty obvious though now.

ChicagoJ
11-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Bosh is the reason the Raptors were usually a 30-win team, and he'll be the reason the Heat underachieve.

I look for them to trade him long before his contract is up.

He's a player you only want on a fantasy team, not a real team.

spreedom
11-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Bosh is the reason the Raptors were usually a 30-win team, and he'll be the reason the Heat underachieve.

I look for them to trade him long before his contract is up.

He's a player you only want on a fantasy team, not a real team.

Right now, he isn't a player you want on either.

ChicagoJ
11-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Right now, he isn't a player you want on either.

Fair point. I'm referring more to his hollow stats up in Toronto. There are lots of people that thought he was as good as his stats might indicate. But he's not.

TinManJoshua
11-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Fair point. I'm referring more to his hollow stats up in Toronto. There are lots of people that thought he was as good as his stats might indicate. But he's not.

A gussied-up Troy Murphy?

Unclebuck
11-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Are those comments on espn or was it just on tv? What did he say?

He was doing the second half of ESPN's doubleheader last night and he said his comments midway through the third quarter I beoiegve

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Bosh has really exposed himself as a prima donna punk throughout all of this. Lebron looked bad because of the decision, but at least he isn't saying stuff like this, where you really have to question if Bosh even cares about winning or is just interested in the spot light. I think the answer to that is pretty obvious though now.

But Lebron :censored:ed about too many mintues lol. thoes two make Dwade look like jesus

SoupIsGood
11-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Bosh has never been super-dedicated to basketball, as far as I could ever tell. But IMO you're still doing pretty good if he's your third-best player. LeBron and Wade have enough "killer instinct" between them; Bosh can play the role of a very very talented roleplayer, if that's what has to happen.

Trophy
11-18-2010, 04:25 PM
They don't have good centers or PGs.

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 04:26 PM
They don't have good centers or PGs.

Damm u must be an NBA insider lol

Trophy
11-18-2010, 04:37 PM
In addition to that, both LeBron and Wade play nearly identical.

When the Celtics got their big 3 started, all of the players had specific roles and all played differently.

They also have an All-Star PG and defense at center with a lot of depth.

The Heat are just so full of themselves and they think they can play like their on an All-Star team together. They need to adjust their games.

I remember LeBron said he doesn't want to win 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, etc. championships. That's very foolish. They haven't even won a championship and he's complaining that he wants to win 8.

Those 3 players on a team is so good that it's bad or at least LeBron and Wade playing together.

SoupIsGood
11-18-2010, 04:43 PM

When the Celtics got their big 3 started, all of the players had specific roles and all played differently.

The Heat are just so full of themselves and they think they can play like their on an All-Star team together. They need to adjust their games.

I remember LeBron said he doesn't want to win 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, etc. championships. That's very foolish. They haven't even won a championship and he's complaining that he wants to win 8.

Those 3 players on a team is so good that it's bad or at least LeBron and Wade playing together.

This is why I still think they should try playing James at either PF or PG. It would differentiate their roles some, and would force other teams to try and adjust to the mismatch James creates. I don't understand why they got LBJ if they plan to only play him and Wade as swingmen.

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 04:45 PM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pT-I8jQDQ7c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pT-I8jQDQ7c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

DocHolliday
11-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Where are all of the people who were saying this past summer, "OMG, Miami will win the next 6 championships!" :confused:

Trophy
11-18-2010, 05:08 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pT-I8jQDQ7c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pT-I8jQDQ7c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

He's lucky if he ever wins one and as it appears now, even winning one is a longshot.

ballism
11-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Sounds like Erik Spoelstra has a tough job.
On the other hand, Bosh is just the third wheel.
I've never heard such comments out of LeBron - even more so out of Wade.

However, if the view on that team is that the true leader and 'pusher' has to be the coach, not one of them... If they want a really tough coach... I don't see how they avoid bringing Riley back.

King Tuts Tomb
11-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Saying the Heat definitely won't win the championship is as stupid as guaranteeing that they definitely will. We're fifteen games into a 100-game process. Trades, injuries and free agents will make a huge difference.

Anyone remember the middle of last season when Boston had no chance?

xtacy
11-18-2010, 05:21 PM
here is another reason. one of the biggest fails about basketball i've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2oEUqQlZA&feature=player_embedded

King Tuts Tomb
11-18-2010, 05:26 PM
If you watch the video there is an interview with Bosh. When asked about hard work Bosh said that the coach needs to meet them half way. Coach wants to work hard and the players want to chill. If this is really the the mindset, I am glad he isn't on our team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=301117014

Just watched the video, you're taking this WAY out of proportion.

Expecting players to go all out in every practice isn't feasible. Sometimes they have to chill and save it for the game. It's the coaches job to find the right balance of rest and intensity.

d_c
11-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Bosh has never been super-dedicated to basketball, as far as I could ever tell. But IMO you're still doing pretty good if he's your third-best player. LeBron and Wade have enough "killer instinct" between them; Bosh can play the role of a very very talented roleplayer, if that's what has to happen.

That's pretty much it.

Remember that Pau Gasol with the Grizz didn't wing one single playoff game while he was there. We're not talking about a playoff series. We're talking about one single game that Gasol was never able to win while he was there best player.

Bosh led a few smoke and mirror Raptor teams to a couple playoff berths and he at least won a few games. He was pretty much the Eastern Conference version of Gasol while he was in Toronto.

As you said, if Chris Bosh is your 3rd best player, you've got a pretty damn good team. A really damn good team in fact. His lack of killer instinct won't prevent them from winning. It's not as if he's the 1st option. If Wade and the final year of Shaq's prime (and Shaq was considered lazy at this point in time as well) was good enough to win a title, then Wade and Lebron + Bosh in their primes most certainly are too.

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 07:11 PM
If the climate of the team is one where a player can tell his coach to meet him half way when it comes to working hard , through the media even, then I would say that team is not going to be champions. How could Bosh say that and not even think he was out of line.

Major Cold
11-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Damm u must be an NBA insider lol
:potkettle:

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Saying the Heat definitely won't win the championship is as stupid as guaranteeing that they definitely will. We're fifteen games into a 100-game process. Trades, injuries and free agents will make a huge difference.

I didn't guarantee anything. however if the team doesn't respect there coach its a serious issue. A lazy team with entitlement issues isn't beating the Celtics or the Lakers.

If they win this year and you want to call me out for it, have fun. What is really stupid is someone thinking anyone would make a prediction that something will never ever happen. The Miami heat will only have exemptions to do anything in free agency in the foreseeable future. Without trading one of the big three they are pretty handcuffed there as well. whats Miller going to get you? But if the big three never win one, this type of attitude will surely be a big reason.

i am going to restate it.

The Miami heat,in their current state, are not going to win an NBA championship.

Any changes and I am talking about a different team. That acceptable for intelligent conversation?

Hibbert
11-18-2010, 08:34 PM
This is why I still think they should try playing James at either PF or PG. It would differentiate their roles some, and would force other teams to try and adjust to the mismatch James creates. I don't understand why they got LBJ if they plan to only play him and Wade as swingmen.

Coach Spolestra wanted to try Lebron at PG but Bron said he wasn't going to do it. Talk about a winner......he could of been like Magic playing point, same type player but he is set on himself and that is all, who cares about the team right? Luck Febron

Shade
11-18-2010, 09:12 PM

I'm surprised there was enough room in that place for Lebron's head.

BlueNGold
11-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Bosh is weak. Also, no other decent bigs. No PG worthy of being a champion. It will not happen, even if Bron and DWade are both top 5 in the league. You need size to win championships and that will become evident in May and June. This is why teams like Phoenix, Dallas, etc. never won it. You gotta be tough...and Bosh is not.

King Tuts Tomb
11-18-2010, 11:16 PM
The Miami heat will only have exemptions to do anything in free agency in the foreseeable future. Without trading one of the big three they are pretty handcuffed there as well.

Celtics wouldn't have won in 08 without picking up PJ Brown halfway through the season. Don't rule out any discount vets or unappreciated talents, this season or next.

King Tuts Tomb
11-18-2010, 11:18 PM
You gotta be tough...and Bosh is not.

Pau was soft...until he wasn't. Bosh has to prove himself, but I'll withhold judgment until the playoffs.

King Tuts Tomb
11-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Coach Spolestra wanted to try Lebron at PG but Bron said he wasn't going to do it. Talk about a winner......he could of been like Magic playing point, same type player but he is set on himself and that is all, who cares about the team right? Luck Febron

Have you not watched the Heat play this season? LeBron has played a TON of point guard. But using him exclusively there would be a waste.

ThA HoyA
11-18-2010, 11:22 PM
I have always felt at the time that it made no sense to sign both lebron and bosh.... Especially when bosh plays mostly on the outside... Also they are paying their 3rd option a max contract??!! They should have split that money between a few players to round out and solidify their roster.

MLB007
11-19-2010, 12:12 AM

Egos Unlimited

cordobes
11-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Bosh has always had the reputation of being a very hard worker and his game shows it's deserved.

LeBron is playing a ton of PG. Or point-forward, call it what you want. If he were 5'11'' and played exactly the same way on offense, everybody would call him a PG.

Him not wanting to be a PG is just an issue of labels, nothing more.

Agreed. The way the Heat are playing in November is irrelevant to how they will be playing in May.

Pau was soft...until he wasn't. Bosh has to prove himself, but I'll withhold judgment until the playoffs.

Yeps, it's always like that.

If the Heat don't win this season it doesn't mean they can't win it or that they can't win it with Bosh, just like the Lakers not winning in 08 didn't mean they couldn't win it because Gasol was too soft or whatever.

Shade
11-19-2010, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to discount a team with as much talent as Miami.

BlueNGold
11-19-2010, 10:31 PM

Neither of these guys are wide bodies, but I disagree with this.

If you look at their FG% over the years...not just when they joined great teams...Gasol had a much better percentage. Only one year did he shoot less than 50%. The majority of seasons, Bosh has been sub 50%. That's a sign that Bosh has a more difficult time converting in the paint....and the fact Gasol labored on a terrible team for half his career, that should tell you even more.

Bosh has a skinny frame and is not particularly tall for a center either. Gasol isn't Hercules either, but he has a couple inches as a true 7 footer and 15 pounds. That's enough to help him carve out a little more space and shoot over defenders...resulting in a better FG%.

Ryan
11-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Why the Heat won't be champs: Boston.

Lock thread.

ChicagoJ
11-20-2010, 12:35 AM

God I hate that. Ugh. F'ing green guys.

Hibbert
11-20-2010, 03:18 AM
Have you not watched the Heat play this season? LeBron has played a TON of point guard. But using him exclusively there would be a waste.

Your talking about him bringing the ball up the court? In your mind that means he is playing a TON of point guard? No thats not him playing the point at all, that's something he has been doing since he's been in the league. Having him there as a real point would be no waste at all.

spazzxb
11-20-2010, 04:06 AM

Lock thread.

Wrong night to make that statement lol. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Celtics vs. Lakers again.

Bball
11-20-2010, 04:59 AM
Bosh has always had the reputation of being a very hard worker and his game shows it's deserved.

LeBron is playing a ton of PG. Or point-forward, call it what you want. If he were 5'11'' and played exactly the same way on offense, everybody would call him a PG.

Him not wanting to be a PG is just an issue of labels, nothing more.

What difference could it possibly make for him to have a problem being called a PG?

cinotimz
11-20-2010, 05:15 AM

Why Boston won't be champs: Orlando and the Lakers.

BlueNGold
11-20-2010, 08:13 AM
God I hate that. Ugh. F'ing green guys.

Better than Lebron & Friends....and the Kobe Gang getting another ring.

I would rather see Orlando win, but that's not happening. They have a good team, but they don't play like champions.

Brad8888
11-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Because the "Decider" has messed with the masses and the fates with his Decision and the way it has continued to be handled.

d_c
11-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Better than Lebron & Friends....and the Kobe Gang getting another ring.

I would rather see Orlando win, but that's not happening. They have a good team, but they don't play like champions.

Orlando isn't going to win because they don't have enough offensively. Or more specifically, a guy who can consistently create and get his own shot anytime. If you can defend Howard without too much double teaming, you can beat them.

And let's face it: we know the Lakers are going to win the West. Everyone else out west is playing for the right to lose to the Lakers in the conference finals. It's not very dramatic in that respect.

Out of Boston, Miami and Orlando, I would say the Magic have the worst shot at beating the Lakers in a 7 game series.

rexnom
11-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Where are all of the people who were saying this past summer, "OMG, Miami will win the next 6 championships!" :confused:
Still here. Still believe it. Give them time.

cordobes
11-20-2010, 08:50 PM
What difference could it possibly make for him to have a problem being called a PG?

I have no idea. People care about strange things.

Here's an article on it:

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=5758757

LeBron James: The Reluctant Point Guard
Brian Windhorst

MIAMI -- LeBron James has an odd relationship with the label "point guard." In short, he wants no part of it.

Compare him to Magic Johnson -- just don't call him Magic Johnson. Watch him bring the ball up and get his team into the offense for at least half the game's possessions, just list him at forward on the All-Star ballot.

The Miami Heat public relations staff is fully on board. Tuesday night they announced James' 12 assists in the team's latest blowout victory (129-97 over the Minnesota Timberwolves) was the highest in franchise history by a forward.

Lamar Odom, who had the mark dating to 2004 with 11, might consider filing a protest.

James is playing point guard for the Heat and a lot of it. He is playing the Magic role that team president Pat Riley sold to him last July during free agency. The offense is running though him and he's taking turns feeding Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and even James Jones, who had 17 points.

Not that James is willing to call himself a point guard.

"I know I'm going to do a lot of ball handling for this team," said James, who was bothered by a sore leg and had no rebounds, but 20 points. "Do I want to be called a point guard? I don't know."

Actually he does know. This from a minute later in the conversation: "I don't want to be called a point guard but I can't stop it."

Whatever helps James sleep at night.

King Tuts Tomb
11-20-2010, 09:04 PM
LeBron James has an odd relationship with the label "point guard." In short, he wants no part of it.

It sounds weird to us, but look at it from his perspective. It's his work and people are weird about their titles at work, ie: "Assitant Regional Manager." "Assistant to the regional manager."

cordobes
11-20-2010, 09:10 PM
It sounds weird to us, but look at it from his perspective. It's his work and people are weird about their titles at work, ie: "Assitant Regional Manager." "Assistant to the regional manager."

Agreed. I don't think it's a problem that he cares about that stuff. But he hasn't refused to play as the point-guard, he just doesn't want to be called one. Tommy Point for the Office reference.

d_c
11-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Agreed. I don't think it's a problem that he cares about that stuff. But he hasn't refused to play as the point-guard, he just doesn't want to be called one. Tommy Point for the Office reference.

Also recall when Kevin Garnett grew about 2 inches between his 1st and 2nd year. He broke 7 feet.

He said he wanted to keep that quiet, that he didn't want to be considered 7 feet tall so he wouldn't be considered a center. Said he'd rather be "6 feet twelve" then be considered a 7 footer.

pizza guy
11-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Why Miami won't be champs:

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx261/SmittyPK/miami.jpg

:laugh:

Sollozzo
11-21-2010, 01:41 AM

They didn't have Wade, but yeah, they should still win that game....especially when Eddie House gives you 20......

They are 8-5. They better turn it on if they want to hit that 72 win mark, LOL.

King Tuts Tomb
11-21-2010, 03:14 AM

Doesn't mean anything in the long run.

It actually is a good example, though, of why it was ridiculous for anyone to expect 72-plus wins. The league is so stacked with talent now, even the worst teams have two or three all-star caliber players. In the Jordan days, before the huge international influx of players and more underclassmen declaring, there were a lot of bottom feeders. You can't mail it in and win in this league anymore.

BringJackBack
11-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Well, seeing Miami lose like this early in the season makes me remember one game in an NBA season is just a "so what". What is more important than blowing out a team one game out of five is being competitive almost every game.

BlueNGold
11-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Haslem, their only front court player with any toughness, is out with a torn ligament in his foot. The Heat will still make the playoffs, of course, but this is a major blow. Combine that with the fact Big Z is not getting any younger, the Heat will have to find another competent big at the Dollar Store.

I suppose Lebron thinks he can play both PG and PF, while handling his usual duties at SF. He probably figures he can bring the ball up and walk straight to the post. What an arrogant ***. I can't wait to see a Bosh and James front court get destroyed in the paint. Lebron is big and tough, but he has no advantage in the paint among the trees. ...and that job will wear him out.

King Tuts Tomb
11-21-2010, 09:19 PM
I suppose Lebron thinks he can play both PG and PF, while handling his usual duties at SF. He probably figures he can bring the ball up and walk straight to the post. What an arrogant ***.

This makes no sense. You set up a weird hypothetical about LeBron then call him arrogant because of his actions in your made-up scenario?

BlueNGold
11-21-2010, 09:31 PM
This makes no sense. You set up a weird hypothetical about LeBron then call him arrogant because of his actions in your made-up scenario?

It wasn't made up. He was recently quoted.

"I can do that. Ive done it in the past in Cleveland it was a great lineup for us, James said last week. If (Spoelstra) has it in his back pocket, whenever he decides to pull it out, Ill be ready for it.

...he can do anything. Just ask him. Next thing you know, he will be coaching or playing C. I am tired of Lebron James and would root for any team in the league to beat him. Even the Lakers...:hmm:

King Tuts Tomb
11-21-2010, 09:51 PM
It wasn't made up. He was recently quoted.

"I can do that. I’ve done it in the past in Cleveland … it was a great lineup for us,” James said last week. “If (Spoelstra) has it in his back pocket, whenever he decides to pull it out, I’ll be ready for it.”

...he can do anything. Just ask him. Next thing you know, he will be coaching or playing C. I am tired of Lebron James and would root for any team in the league to beat him. Even the Lakers...:hmm:

Sounds like a player willing to do what he can to help his team. If this constitutes arrogance I don't know what to tell you. Saying that he'll do whatever the coach wants to do? That's arrogant? I mean, come on, this is getting ridiculous.

Eleazar
11-21-2010, 09:53 PM
This is just proving that no matter how many superstars you have you still need a team to win.

BringJackBack
11-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Sounds like a player willing to do what he can to help his team. If this constitutes arrogance I don't know what to tell you. Saying that he'll do whatever the coach wants to do? That's arrogant? I mean, come on, this is getting ridiculous.

No. Lebron is saying that he can do everything, when he has accomplished nothing.

That's arrogant and ignorant.

pacer4ever
11-21-2010, 09:58 PM
This is just proving that no matter how many superstars you have you still need a team to win.

that was already proved when LA didnt win a title with 4 future HOFers

BlueNGold
11-21-2010, 10:07 PM

You are confusing arrogance with confidence.

He did say he'd do whatever the coach wants to do, but that's hardly all he said. Not only can he do it, with him at PF it's a great lineup. Not just that he can fill in and put his heart into it. He's certain he will be great at it...and more than willing to state that fact. That's pretty close to the definition of arrogance.

Sookie
11-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Miami's not going to win a championship this season (unless trades are made) because they have gaping holes that elite teams will exploit.

Can they..I guess..I'd be more likely to say there was a better chance if it was like the NCAA tournament, one and done. But with seven game series, the better team wins..and Miami just has too many holes.

BlueNGold
11-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Miami's best bet is to attract some ring chasers willing to take the minimum...and provide a bigger front line. They don't even need that much talent...just some beef.

I expect them to address these issues...and be a much better team at some point. Maybe next year. I don't think as presently constructed they can win it all. The problem is that they will be forced to the perimeter and winning championships is most easily done when you have dominant interior players...and a guy that can close on the perimeter. They have the latter, but not the former. I think it usually requires both.

Even the Bulls of the 90's had Rodman and a lot of size in the paint. The Lakers have a huge front line. So do the Celtics. The Spurs have Timmy and other bigs over the years (e.g. Mr. Robinson). Detroit had Sheed and Ben. When they lost Ben, they could not get back there. Yes, it takes toughness and size in the paint to win championships.

King Tuts Tomb
11-21-2010, 10:31 PM
You are confusing arrogance with confidence.

He did say he'd do whatever the coach wants to do, but that's hardly all he said. Not only can he do it, with him at PF it's a great lineup. Not just that he can fill in and put his heart into it. He's certain he will be great at it...and more than willing to state that fact. That's pretty close to the definition of arrogance.

LeBron's comment is so innocuous it's laughable. You see arrogance in it because you want to. If you showed that quote to 100 impartial observers 99 of them would see no arrogance in it.

BlueNGold
11-21-2010, 11:00 PM
LeBron's comment is so innocuous it's laughable. You see arrogance in it because you want to. If you showed that quote to 100 impartial observers 99 of them would see no arrogance in it.

Yes, King James' rep is following him right now. That's what happens when you televise "your decision".

Now he has a commercial asking "What he should do?"...as if he's some kind of victim of his arrogance. What he needs to do is shut-up and play basketball.

BTW, there are no longer 100 impartial observers...

BringJackBack
11-21-2010, 11:05 PM
"King" James is not arrogant! "The Chosen One" is not going around telling everyone that he is going to win 8 championships in a row. He has never, ever done anything such as dance on sidelines during blowouts, forcefeed "decisions" through millions of people's throats, and he's never ever quit on anyone. Only a biased person would ever say that James is arrogant.

He is humble.

King Tuts Tomb
11-21-2010, 11:51 PM
What he needs to do is shut-up and play basketball.

And you say LeBron is arrogant...

King Tuts Tomb
11-22-2010, 12:11 AM
"King" James is not arrogant! "The Chosen One" is not going around telling everyone that he is going to win 8 championships in a row. He has never, ever done anything such as dance on sidelines during blowouts, forcefeed "decisions" through millions of people's throats, and he's never ever quit on anyone. Only a biased person would ever say that James is arrogant.

He is humble.

He's the first athlete with a self-important nickname? No, that'd be "Magic," or "Doctor J," or "His Airness."

And a player saying he wants to win championships? How dare he!

I especially like how he forced you to watch the Decision.

Face it, you want a reason to dislike the guy so you nitpick stuff that thousands of athletes have done without anyone batting an eye.

Hibbert
11-22-2010, 11:07 AM
And you say LeBron is arrogant...

He is. BnG is right, your wrong....get over it.

spreedom
11-22-2010, 11:46 AM
LeBron being arrogant is a nonfactor in that quote and this loss... they just got beaten on a great shot at the buzzer. It happens, no matter how good you are or how bad all of your opponents are. Every single team in the league is going to lose a handful of games wherein they are favored on paper. BFD. It's mid-November.

What is interesting about LeBron being willing to play PF is.... where is his post game? I have never seen him score from the low post. Ever. And with his parades, TV specials, and free agency charade this summer, when exactly did he have time to work on it? And even IF he shifted down to the four, do you guys really think Bosh is going to play the five after he made a point this summer of saying he wasn't interested in playing center?

The Heat's roster is a hot mess right now, but they are just too talented at the top not to win 55+ games without much trouble. What is still going to kill them is that the two most important positions in the game are the two positions where the Heat don't have any quality players.

Trader Joe
11-22-2010, 11:48 AM

He hates it, doesn't want to be listed as a G on the all-star ballots. Doesn't want to be compared to Magic Johnson. Who knows...Lebron is a bit of a weird duck.

King Tuts Tomb
11-22-2010, 04:31 PM
He is. BnG is right, your wrong....get over it.

Good point, you convinced me with that persuasive argument.

cordobes
11-22-2010, 07:11 PM
LeBron can play PF and does it very well. Most guards can't stay in front of him let alone PFs. He's also a good rebounder at that position.

That PG/Wade/Miller/James/Bosh line-up can be quite effective, I fully agree with LBJ - especially if that PG was Chalmers and not some defensive sieve like Arroyo or House. That line-up would be particularly though for Orlando to deal with.

pizza guy
11-22-2010, 10:19 PM
http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx261/SmittyPK/miami-1.jpg

:dance::dance::dance:

rexnom
01-12-2011, 05:30 AM

Still here. Still believe it. Give them time.
With the Heat now on top of the East and rolling, would anybody care to reassess?

Hicks
01-12-2011, 10:28 AM
They won't beat Boston in the playoffs, but once this era is over, I don't know who stops them.

PacerPenguins
01-12-2011, 10:30 AM
They won't beat Boston in the playoffs, but once this era is over, I don't know who stops them.

THE PACERS!! ;)

BlueNGold
01-12-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm surprised Miami is playing as well as they are, but this is the regular season. Also, while they did beat Utah, LA and Atlanta last month, they have had an extremely weak schedule for over a month loading up on teams like Washington, Detroit, Golden State, Milwaukee, Cleveland, way over-rated NY, SAC. Even Phoenix and Houston are sub .500. ...and Dallas, a good team, has beaten them twice...last time on Miami's home floor...and Dallas isn't even winning their division in the west. Also, their last two wins took OT and could have gone either way against pretty average teams in Milwaukee and Portland. Let's just say this is not the Chicago Bulls rolling through town.

But sure, the crow has been cooked and will be served and eaten if this team wins the NBA championship.

Personally, I believe once good teams game-plan for the Heat, the flaws will be exposed. It will be a good test case for whether a flawed team with some gaping holes can still win the championship on the backs of superstars.