PDA

View Full Version : Pacers TE??

Justin Tyme
11-18-2010, 11:32 AM
IIRC, didn't the Pacers get around a 4 mil TE from the Murphy trade? Anyone know exactly how much it was?

I'm wondering about it as a possible way of getting a b/u Center or a good quality PF. Players can't be included using it, but I believe draft picks can.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

cordobes
11-18-2010, 11:36 AM
$3,458,413 per ShamSports.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/tradeexceptions.jsp

ps. and yes, draft picks (or cash or draft rights) can be combined with TPEs.

Justin Tyme
11-18-2010, 06:42 PM
$3,458,413 per ShamSports.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/tradeexceptions.jsp

ps. and yes, draft picks (or cash or draft rights) can be combined with TPEs.

Thanks. That 3,458,000 TE is in Udonis Haslem salary range.

BornReady
11-18-2010, 07:05 PM
hahah when I saw the title I was thinking, Pacers tight end!? what!? :P good information to know though!

spreedom
11-18-2010, 07:51 PM
The TE is a nice size (could give us a lot of help if used properly) but as long as we hae 15 players on our roster, it is absolutely worthless. And I am not getting a good feeling about our ability to thin out the roster enough to take advantage of the TE.

Shade
11-18-2010, 08:36 PM
The TE is a nice size (could give us a lot of help if used properly) but as long as we hae 15 players on our roster, it is absolutely worthless. And I am not getting a good feeling about our ability to thin out the roster enough to take advantage of the TE.

Cut Solo.

Justin Tyme
11-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Cut Solo.

Or Stephenson. Either way both would have 1.5 mil salary owed to them.

cordobes
11-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks. That 3,458,000 TE is in Udonis Haslem salary range.

Haslem is completely off-limits with the TPE.

Your best hope is that Foster stays healthy. No team will dump a rotational big merely for an exception. Throwing draft picks for a 4th big doesn't make sense. If you really want an improvement over Solomon Jones, maybe a min. salary free-agent or a D-League call-up is the best option.

Psyren
11-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Cut Solo.

Can we cut Solo, pay him the money we owe him, then use what's left to find someone else that's a FA (Don't know if anyone out there is any good).?

Justin Tyme
11-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Haslem is completely off-limits with the TPE.

Your best hope is that Foster stays healthy. No team will dump a rotational big merely for an exception. Throwing draft picks for a 4th big doesn't make sense. If you really want an improvement over Solomon Jones, maybe a min. salary free-agent or a D-League call-up is the best option.

Oh, I agree Haslem is off limits for the TE, but I'd still like to have him.

I disagree about the offering of a pick for a 4th big. It depends on how good the big is and how bad one thinks the 011 draft will be at the 13-16 spot. A pick in that range and TE for a player like Haslem wouldn't be a bad deal. Haslem can HELP NOW, and that's what is important.

I'm sure Miami isn't interested, but I'd still make the offer of TE & 011 1st for Haslem. As stated b4, the Pacers need help now at PF.

vnzla81
11-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Oh, I agree Haslem is off limits for the TE, but I'd still like to have him.

I disagree about the offering of a pick for a 4th big. It depends on how good the big is and how bad one thinks the 011 draft will be at the 13-16 spot. A pick in that range and TE for a player like Haslem wouldn't be a bad deal. Haslem can HELP NOW, and that's what is important.

I'm sure Miami isn't interested, but I'd still make the offer of TE & 011 1st for Haslem. As stated b4, the Pacers need help now at PF.

I tought you said that you wanted a back up PF/C and Haslem at this time of his career is lucky to be healthy enough to be a back up power forward, the guy is a tall as Posey, he used to be a good player but now he is just another role player

El Pacero
11-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Although not semi-big trade caliber that's being talked about here, I would like to mention this one player that I remember named Magnum Rolle.

wintermute
11-21-2010, 04:30 AM
No team will dump a rotational big merely for an exception.

Generally true, but I could see Houston dumping Chuck Hayes with someone like Jermaine Taylor to get under the tax, assuming they don't make other salary clearing moves.

pacer4ever
11-21-2010, 04:31 AM
Although not semi-big trade caliber that's being talked about here, I would like to mention this one player that I remember named Magnum Rolle.

i want magnum i hate solo