PDA

View Full Version : Tyler back, DC likely out vs Clippers

Pacerfan
11-18-2010, 03:23 AM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20101118/SPORTS04/11180401/1062/SPORTS04/Power-forwards-growing-up-fast

Power forwards growing up fast
McRoberts, Hansbrough keep battling
-Mike Wells

Josh McRoberts didn't want to wait until the film session to talk to coach Jim O'Brien on Wednesday.

The Indiana Pacers power forward approached O'Brien as soon as he got to Conseco Fieldhouse to apologize for his defensive breakdown in the fourth quarter of Tuesday's loss to the Atlanta Hawks.

"He told me that he had been thinking about that play all night," O'Brien said. "I probably shouldn't have taken him out the game so quick for it."

McRoberts was late sliding over to help out on Atlanta's Joe Johnson, who got a three-point play on the possession. O'Brien, clearly upset, turned to the bench and told James Posey to check in for McRoberts.

McRoberts and Tyler Hansbrough will go through plenty of growing pains this season as they hold down the power forward spot.

"I think it's a work in progress," O'Brien said. "But I think these two guys, along with veteran James Posey, will be very, very productive."

O'Brien plans to stick with McRoberts and Hansbrough because he wants to see them improve. He also doesn't have anyone else on the bench.

The two have combined to average 11.8 points and 9.7 rebounds a game this season.

Posey, 6-8, is not a natural power forward. He doesn't have the size to take the frequent pounding in the paint. O'Brien likes using him when he wants an extra 3-point shooter on the court.

"You should feel that (McRoberts and Hansbrough) should bring more energy than anybody (on the court) in order to really be the kind of guys they can be for the team," O'Brien said. "They have to work harder and play harder than anybody, and I don't feel bad about not having a power forward other than James that can space the court."

McRoberts won the starting job with an impressive preseason, but his tendency to foul has hurt.

He has at least four fouls in five of the nine games this season.

"Fouling too much is something I need to watch out for," McRoberts said. "Offensively, I'm the fifth option in the starting lineup. I have to rebound, defend and get my points in transition."

Hansbrough is expected to return to the lineup tonight against the Los Angeles Clippers at the fieldhouse after missing a game with an ankle injury. He needs as much court time as possible because he appeared in only 29 games last season.

Veteran Jeff Foster has played power forward in the past, but O'Brien doesn't want Foster playing there this season.

"I think Josh and Tyler have to be grown and if they're healthy, I think they need to get the minutes," O'Brien said. "I think Jeff will get plenty of minutes as a backup center."

Collison likely out

Point guard Darren Collison is expected to miss his second straight game after spraining left ankle in practice Monday.

Shows Josh's maturity in taking responsibility for his defensive mess-up...but wish he could give us more than points just off broken plays to help space the floor.

Hopefully Darren can somehow play tonight but not counting on it. Hopefully JOB plays A.J. more than the other night...but he likely can't risk showing other teams we have a better back-up than T.J.

Lastly, glad Tyler is back...love how his intensity is infectious with whoever he plays. And of course the rebounds...can't forget about those..he will literally fight the rebounds down. Just have to love it. His offense is off and on...he just needs to be consistent so the Pacers can space the floor and his man can't go double Roy or Danny.

It is the Clippers tonight ...but this is the Pacers. So definitely not a guaranteed win....but if the Pacers play solid D and keep to the system on O then they will be hard to beat.

And don't forget about Roy in the second half.

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 03:35 AM
Reading this you would think he is the coach everyone wants.

"I think Josh and Tyler have to be grown and if they're healthy, I think they need to get the minutes," O'Brien said.

ksuttonjr76
11-18-2010, 03:44 AM
Nice...we have someone strong enough for Blake Griffin.

BringJackBack
11-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Well.... darn. I was really wanting to see Darren Collison guard a real speedster in Bledsoe.

Maybe next game. At least Tyler is back.. I want to see him guard Blake Griffin or Craig Smith most of the time.. Insane motors.

cinotimz
11-18-2010, 07:08 AM
Reading this you would think he is the coach everyone wants.

"I think Josh and Tyler have to be grown and if they're healthy, I think they need to get the minutes," O'Brien said.

Translation: "I will continue to give Posey more and more of the minutes at the 4 spot"

Mackey_Rose
11-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Nice...we have someone strong enough for Blake Griffin.

I wonder how much we will see Tyler against Griffin. It will certainly be a good measuring stick, but I'm guessing he doesn't get much time against him.

Trophy
11-18-2010, 09:05 AM
I wonder how much we will see Tyler against Griffin. It will certainly be a good measuring stick, but I'm guessing he doesn't get much time against him.

You're probably right.

We'll see a lot of James Posey at PF.

I think Tyler can hold down Griffin so we might see a lot of Tyler in this game.

Sadly, another night of Ford. Hope DC gets better soon.

Unclebuck
11-18-2010, 09:12 AM
I think the "take away" from this article is that maybe Jim yanking McRoberts for his defensive lapse in fact was a good thing as it probably made a bigger impression on Josh than if Jim would have kept him in the game and just talked to him about it the next day. Seems like it was a good teachable moment

Mackey_Rose
11-18-2010, 09:23 AM
I think the "take away" from this article is that maybe Jim yanking McRoberts for his defensive lapse in fact was a good thing as it probably made a bigger impression on Josh than if Jim would have kept him in the game and just talked to him about it the next day. Seems like it was a good teachable moment

You could take that away from it, or you could also take away the fact that young players consistently are forced to deal with a much shorter leash then the older players.

The worst thing that could have happened for the Pacers was that Posey came in the game in the first quarter and hit two quick threes and got another bucket, because those eight points apparently made up for him giving up way more on the other end, because he never got yanked. Josh made the mistake that he owned up to, but overall his defensive effort against Smith was tens times better than Posey's.

Indra
11-18-2010, 09:52 AM
You could take that away from it, or you could also take away the fact that young players consistently are forced to deal with a much shorter leash then the older players.

The worst thing that could have happened for the Pacers was that Posey came in the game in the first quarter and hit two quick threes and got another bucket, because those eight points apparently made up for him giving up way more on the other end, because he never got yanked. Josh made the mistake that he owned up to, but overall his defensive effort against Smith was tens times better than Posey's.

I'm of the belief that the veterans have earned a longer leash by their proven play over the years, and the leadership they bring to the team. A youngster like McRoberts is going to make mistakes, but he needs to be made aware of those mistakes when he makes them, and understand that he can't keep making those same mistakes. I think that's something he learned on account of getting pulled out of the game.

I think JOB said all the right things here. It's good to see that he's committed to developing our young PF's, even if that sometimes means yanking them for mental mistakes. It's all part of the learning process. If they want to stay in the game, they will learn to make fewer and fewer mistakes.

Trader Joe
11-18-2010, 09:52 AM
I think the one time Tyler and Griffin matched up in college was a pretty interesting game.

Brad8888
11-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Good for Tyler, not so good for Josh.

"I don't feel bad about not having a power forward other than James that can space the court"

Looks like Posey is going to start soon, and almost immediately, possibly tonight. O'Brien used the words "space the court" regarding Posey, and we all know that "spacing the court" is the single most important attribute for any basketball player to have in the O'Brien system.

Also, McRoberts is soon to be just about out of the rotation, and Tyler will begin to get 15 minutes, and Solo will pretty much be the backup for Roy from here on out, because Foster cannot shoot from outside the paint, and Solo occasionally hits a couple jumpers.

So, who is going to rebound and/or block out for Roy to do so? Tyler will get average about 6 or so in his 15 minutes (not against Griffin, obviously), but Posey certainly won't rebound. Also, who will defend inside when Tyler is not on the floor? Roy will be by himself when Posey can't stay with his man, or frequently simply won't bother to try because he will recognize he has been beaten and at least doesn't foul.

We had better learn to "Live by the 3" real quick, because that will be what well coached teams will let us do, and we will be back to not having the advantage on the boards on occasion like we have had a few times so far this season.

Trophy
11-18-2010, 10:54 AM

Looks like Posey is going to start soon, and almost immediately, possibly tonight. O'Brien used the words "space the court" regarding Posey, and we all know that "spacing the court" is the single most important attribute for any basketball player to have in the O'Brien system.

Also, McRoberts is soon to be just about out of the rotation, and Tyler will begin to get 15 minutes, and Solo will pretty much be the backup for Roy from here on out, because Foster cannot shoot from outside the paint, and Solo occasionally hits a couple jumpers.

So, who is going to rebound and/or block out for Roy to do so? Tyler will get average about 6 or so in his 15 minutes (not against Griffin, obviously), but Posey certainly won't rebound. Also, who will defend inside when Tyler is not on the floor? Roy will be by himself when Posey can't stay with his man, or frequently simply won't bother to try because he will recognize he has been beaten and at least doesn't foul.

We had better learn to "Live by the 3" real quick, because that will be what well coached teams will let us do, and we will be back to not having the advantage on the boards on occasion like we have had a few times so far this season.

We're gonna get nothing accomplished if Posey starts at PF.

We can't have this PF stretch anymore. JOB needs to realize, that's not the answer to the PF position. PFs should play the post. That's what Tyler is good at.

I'm looking forward to the matchup between Tyler and Blake Griffin. Both are athletic bigs who can also defend fairly well.

Mackey_Rose
11-18-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm looking forward to the matchup between Tyler and Blake Griffin. Both are athletic bigs who can also defend fairly well.

There are lots of adjectives to use when describing Tyler, but I don't think that is one of them.

Trophy
11-18-2010, 10:58 AM
There are lots of adjectives to use when describing Tyler, but I don't think that is one of them.

I should've said he's aggressive when driving towards the basket for a dunk.

I actually meant to add that in too.

vnzla81
11-18-2010, 12:20 PM
So James Posey gets abuse during the whole game and plays until the last second and Mcroberts got score on one time by a guy he wasn't guarding and gets benched? yeah this doesn't have anything to do with Posey been able to shoot the three :rolleyes: ............................ oh wait
........"I don't feel bad about not having a power forward other than James that can space the court" Trust me Jim we know this :mad:

duke dynamite
11-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Better one than none. Glad you're feeling better, Tyler.

Peck
11-18-2010, 12:55 PM

Really, why not?

Are you using leaping ability as the only criteria for athletic ability?

Bball
11-18-2010, 01:05 PM

Or there's the option of pulling the player and having a quick talk with him on the bench either directly or having an assistant coach do it, explaining to the player how he should've handled the matchup and then getting him right back out on the court. That would be a teaching moment as well plus not be quite the confidence hit on a young player. Especially if your issue was mainly one play and not the player's entire effort some night.

After watching the Tinsley vs Phoenix game it's hard to understand how you can pull one player for a mistake yet Tinsley got to remain in that game. Yet it's the same coach....

...And people wonder why this team is inconsistent...

vnzla81
11-18-2010, 01:13 PM

yeah he is not that athletic

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/htwkRYa0gOk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/htwkRYa0gOk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZGNV8rgAmc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZGNV8rgAmc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hicks
11-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Really, why not?

And even with that, it's really just flat-footed where he doesn't appear to be athletic. Once he gets a couple steps, his vertical goes way up.

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Blake is gonna destroy tyler and J mac i think Jmac could have a tech by the end of the game

NapTonius Monk
11-18-2010, 01:33 PM

How did you get 'Posey will likely be starting soon' from that?

90'sNBARocked
11-18-2010, 01:36 PM
I think Tyler can hold down Griffin so we might see a lot of Tyler in this game.

Sorry bro , but I highly highly doubt it

Griffin is an absolute beast. He ahs more athleticism in his hang nail then Tyler has in his whole body. Griffin abused Tyler when they played in College and is only stronger now

The one advantage we have is Grifin played a monster game last night (34 and 14 I believe)

so fatigue will be a factor

NapTonius Monk
11-18-2010, 01:36 PM

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/htwkRYa0gOk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZGNV8rgAmc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>Dude, Kenny George is anti-athleticism. His athletic measurements have to be in the negatives...lol.

Trophy
11-18-2010, 01:39 PM

Griffin is an absolute beast. He ahs more athleticism in his hang nail then Tyler has in his whole body. Griffin abused Tyler when they played in College and is only stronger now

The one advantage we have is Grifin played a monster game last night (34 and 14 I believe)

I actually meant to say Tyler is will be able to hold down Griffin better than Josh or Posey so that's why we might see more of Tyler.

It's gonna be an intense matchup.

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 01:44 PM
I actually meant to say Tyler is will be able to hold down Griffin better than Josh or Posey so that's why we might see more of Tyler.

Griffen gets tired in the 4th because he playys 110% all the time. He will Eat us alive in the 1st half. He needs to pace himself better. Last night he had 20pts 9 bds at half time. But played bad the 2nd half. Part of that was bad coaching vinney went away from getting him the ball.

Sookie
11-18-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm of the belief that the veterans have earned a longer leash by their proven play over the years, and the leadership they bring to the team. A youngster like McRoberts is going to make mistakes, but he needs to be made aware of those mistakes when he makes them, and understand that he can't keep making those same mistakes. I think that's something he learned on account of getting pulled out of the game.

I think JOB said all the right things here. It's good to see that he's committed to developing our young PF's, even if that sometimes means yanking them for mental mistakes. It's all part of the learning process. If they want to stay in the game, they will learn to make fewer and fewer mistakes.

You know what, I buy that argument for Posey. Posey's past experience shows he knows how to win, so honestly I would give him a longer leash.

However, Posey's problem wasn't the mistakes he was making, It was that he was simply less effective at guarding than Josh was, and that adjustment should have been made.

Why Dun and Ford have a longer leash though, is something I don't understand.

90'sNBARocked
11-18-2010, 01:55 PM

Yeah of the two Tyler will be able to muscle him better than Josh or Posey

I would love for Jim to start Tyler tonight

90'sNBARocked
11-18-2010, 01:57 PM
And even with that, it's really just flat-footed where he doesn't appear to be athletic. Once he gets a couple steps, his vertical goes way up.

Good point

I rremebre in the draft measurements
Tyler's verticle with a step was equal to Griffins
His standing reach , however, was a lot lower than Blake's

That is why Tyler gets his shot blocked around the rim. He rebounds the ball well but when he tries to go off on two feet he gets it blocked by quicker leapers

ksuttonjr76
11-18-2010, 02:31 PM

So, we're already making excuses for Griffin if he doesn't have a good game against Hansbrough? Hansbrough is a much better player than what people give him credit for. IMHO, I believe that JOB needs to go ahead and start him, so he can get on-the-fly schooling
from the better PFs in the league. Either he'll back down from the challenge, or he'll strive to be better next time. I'm hoping for the latter.

Hicks
11-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Good point

That is why Tyler gets his shot blocked around the rim. He rebounds the ball well but when he tries to go off on two feet he gets it blocked by quicker leapers

I think when you say standing reach, you mean to say no step vertical.

With regards to standing reach (which is just what it sounds like), Tyler actually is 8'10" to Blake's 8'9".

Regarding no-step vertical, Tyler is only 27.5" (his max vertical is 34"). Blake is 32" and 35.5".

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 02:57 PM

He just made it up

Mackey_Rose
11-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Really, why not?

No, but that is a part of it. I also look at his lateral quickness, his fluidity, etc.

Tyler has a lot of good things (strength, work ethic, hustle) working in his favor, but I don't think athleticism is one of them.

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 03:37 PM
No, but that is a part of it. I also look at his lateral quickness, his fluidity, etc.

Tyler has a lot of good things (strength, work ethic, hustle) working in his favor, but I don't think athleticism is one of them.

He may not be a freak, but he definitely has some athleticism.

90'sNBARocked
11-18-2010, 03:52 PM
I think when you say standing reach, you mean to say no step vertical.

With regards to standing reach (which is just what it sounds like), Tyler actually is 8'10" to Blake's 8'9".

Regarding no-step vertical, Tyler is only 27.5" (his max vertical is 34"). Blake is 32" and 35.5".

Thanks , That is what I meant

But I will be the first to admit I HATED last years Tyler, but this years Tyler I am really starting to warm up too

If he continues tio work on his game , and refuses to shot from the hip/shoulder he will make a believer out of me

90'sNBARocked
11-18-2010, 03:54 PM
So, we're already making excuses for Griffin if he doesn't have a good game against Hansbrough? Hansbrough is a much better player than what people give him credit for. IMHO, I believe that JOB needs to go ahead and start him, so he can get on-the-fly schooling
from the better PFs in the league. Either he'll back down from the challenge, or he'll strive to be better next time. I'm hoping for the latter.

I am not making excuses for Griffin. If Tyler does well , I will be suprised but happy

Oh , and I am begining to feel the same way about Tyler starting, as Josh hasnt impressed me at all

Peck
11-18-2010, 03:57 PM

Foot speed seems pretty decent for a player his size. However wow that vertical leap difference between him & Griffin is unbelievable.

Lateral quickness I'm not sure about. Are you comparing him to players his size or just overall?

Strength obviously is on his side, except going against Griffin so we'll see about that.

I think I get your point overall though and can't say I agree or disagree because I'm not sure if he has enough things going against him to say he is not athletic.

Trader Joe
11-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Good point

It's also where Tyler chooses to keep the ball as he goes up. He holds it down below his shoulders then tries to bull through someone, but usually the ball ends up getting released at shoulder level.

Griffin has great form when he has the ball. He keeps his arms extended and raises them up over his head as he goes up.

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks , That is what I meant

But I will be the first to admit I HATED last years Tyler, but this years Tyler I am really starting to warm up too

If he continues tio work on his game , and refuses to shot from the hip/shoulder he will make a believer out of me

I don't think we actually ever saw the real tyler last year between the shin and vertigo.

pacer4ever
11-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Foot speed seems pretty decent for a player his size. However wow that vertical leap difference between him & Griffin is unbelievable.

Lateral quickness I'm not sure about. Are you comparing him to players his size or just overall?

Strength obviously is on his side, except going against Griffin so we'll see about that.I think I get your point overall though and can't say I agree or disagree because I'm not sure if he has enough things going against him to say he is not athletic.

not agasit griffen he was bullying around dejuan Blair. I think that griffen is gonna own the boards 2nite and own whoever is guarding him. Griffen impress me more every time i watch him. Iv e seen all the clipper games this yr and he is still improving every game he will be fun 2 watch in person 2 nite.

Psycho T
11-18-2010, 05:16 PM

No he didnt. Tyler only guarded Blake for a short stretch in their only matchup in college and Blake didnt get anything during that time. I think Blake is to quick in his space for Tyler to guard consistently without fouling.

But what you said is not the truth.

judicata
11-18-2010, 05:46 PM
No he didnt. Tyler only guarded Blake for a short stretch in their only matchup in college and Blake didnt get anything during that time. I think Blake is to quick in his space for Tyler to guard consistently without fouling.

Yeah, pretty much. Although Tyler did try to throw down on Blake about 4 feet too far from the basket. That was hilarious!

BPump33
11-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah, pretty much. Although Tyler did try to throw down on Blake about 4 feet too far from the basket. That was hilarious!

Yes it was.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GA6TZJ94GdI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GA6TZJ94GdI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

judicata
11-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Damn, he was closer than I remembered. He should have risked the charge and jumped through Blake, I think he could have gotten it.

vnzla81
11-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Damn, he was closer than I remembered. He should have risked the charge and jumped through Blake, I think he could have gotten it.

Yeah but he is just not that athletic ;)

Brad8888
11-18-2010, 06:02 PM

Yes I "made up" my opinion as spazzxb put it, just as anyone else who posts here does when they speculate about any future events based on past performances, whether they be about the coach, the players, or the team as a whole.

My reasoning comes from observing O'Brien for the past 3 seasons, and now with his increasing usage of Posey and the way he is being used, especially when coupled with the ineffectiveness of McRoberts and the respect that O'Brien has given Posey as a long term veteran. I used the words "likely will be starting soon", where I should have used the words "definitely will be starting soon in my opinion" instead.

I firmly believe that Posey is going to be the starting "stretch 4", and that the team will suffer for it, especially if he gets extended minutes also. Hopefully Posey either consistently shoots .400 from the arc (which I don't think has any chance of happening) or is so inadequate from there that even O'Brien won't play him much (which I also don't see happening, either).

In other words, I don't trust the words of Jim O'Brien. His actions speak louder than they do, and far more consistently as well.

MLB007
11-18-2010, 06:11 PM

Why?
Josh is struggling and I don't think Posey is strong enough.
I would expect to see a lot of Ty if his ankle allows.

90'sNBARocked
11-18-2010, 06:11 PM
It's also where Tyler chooses to keep the ball as he goes up. He holds it down below his shoulders then tries to bull through someone, but usually the ball ends up getting released at shoulder level.

Griffin has great form when he has the ball. He keeps his arms extended and raises them up over his head as he goes up.

good points , thats why Tyler has got to learn to always keep the ball over his head and not bring it down

MLB007
11-18-2010, 06:19 PM

I should hope so, the older player having PROVEN that they will do the right thing more often than not.
Or they wouldn't still be playing.
Where as the young player may be gone from the league in a year or two.
Seems perfectly logical to me.

The worst thing that could have happened for the Pacers was that Posey came in the game in the first quarter and hit two quick threes and got another bucket, because those eight points apparently made up for him giving up way more on the other end, because he never got yanked. Josh made the mistake that he owned up to, but overall his defensive effort against Smith was tens times better than Posey's

I'm A Ok with Josh having his expectation of what is good defense continuously questioned, it will make him better in the long run.
You aren't going to change Posey at this point.
McBob is still moldable.

90'sNBARocked
11-18-2010, 06:35 PM

Thats not the way I remeber hearing about it

I heard Tyler got abused

90'sNBARocked
11-18-2010, 06:41 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jyfUSadFzEo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jyfUSadFzEo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Yes I "made up" my opinion as spazzxb put it, just as anyone else who posts here does when they speculate about any future events based on past performances, whether they be about the coach, the players, or the team as a whole.

My reasoning comes from observing O'Brien for the past 3 seasons, and now with his increasing usage of Posey and the way he is being used, especially when coupled with the ineffectiveness of McRoberts and the respect that O'Brien has given Posey as a long term veteran. I used the words "likely will be starting soon", where I should have used the words "definitely will be starting soon in my opinion" instead.

I firmly believe that Posey is going to be the starting "stretch 4", and that the team will suffer for it, especially if he gets extended minutes also. Hopefully Posey either consistently shoots .400 from the arc (which I don't think has any chance of happening) or is so inadequate from there that even O'Brien won't play him much (which I also don't see happening, either).

In other words, I don't trust the words of Jim O'Brien. His actions speak louder than they do, and far more consistently as well.

You stated it as fact and the guy asked where you got it from. I could have said you pulled it out your _____

MLB007
11-18-2010, 06:55 PM

And you sir, couldn't be more wrong.:eek:

MLB007
11-18-2010, 06:57 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/htwkRYa0gOk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/htwkRYa0gOk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZGNV8rgAmc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZGNV8rgAmc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

\
God what a stiff.
Certainly Big+White=Unathletic
Right................. :box:

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 07:05 PM

You stated it as fact and the guy asked where you got it from.

MLB007
11-18-2010, 07:16 PM

I heard Tyler got abused

Really? I "heard" that Tyler threw it down in his face 8 straight trips down court!! :-o :D

OakMoses
11-18-2010, 07:18 PM

I'd be very willing to make a sig bet that Posey gets 0 starts this season as long as McRoberts and Hansbrough are healthy.

We're gonna get nothing accomplished if Posey starts at PF.

We can't have this PF stretch anymore. JOB needs to realize, that's not the answer to the PF position. PFs should play the post. That's what Tyler is good at.

Your first statement is very true.

Your second statement is dead wrong. If we had Dirk Nowitzki, Antawn Jamison, or Rashard Lewis on this roster, having a stretch PF would be the exact right way to play them. They'd be - by a long ways - the best PF's on the roster. We don't have those guys and our 2 best PF's aren't stretch guys, so it's not the right way to play with this roster.

There's no right or wrong way to distribute players on the floor that doesn't take individual players into account.

Brad8888
11-18-2010, 07:18 PM
I could have said you pulled it out your _____

You could have done that.

Thank you for the courtesy of not having done so. I appreciate your thoughtful, well reasoned, and far more insightful response to his query than I could have given myself. I look forward to reading your opinions and conjectures based on the original post in this thread, or any other subject when you choose to share them, regardless of where you get them from, whether it be personal beliefs based on observations, or any other source you choose to use, and whether you choose to make them up or not. I would hope for the same courtesy you generally extend to others in return going forward. If not, please feel free to place me on ignore as it will save you lots of time in reading my lengthy posts if you hold them in such low regard.

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 07:35 PM
You could have done that.

Thank you for the courtesy of not having done so. I appreciate your thoughtful, well reasoned, and far more insightful response to his query than I could have given myself. I look forward to reading your opinions and conjectures based on the original post in this thread, or any other subject when you choose to share them, regardless of where you get them from, whether it be personal beliefs based on observations, or any other source you choose to use, and whether you choose to make them up or not. I would hope for the same courtesy you generally extend to others in return going forward. If not, please feel free to place me on ignore as it will save you lots of time in reading my lengthy posts if you hold them in such low regard.

I thought about it an decided not to. I commented because the guy asked where you got it from. It could have been anyone saying ______ will happen. You can use words such as I think , I'm betting, I wouldn't be suprised, I expect, but when you say JOB will you are giving yourself to much credit and need to be able to back it up. Since I quoted JOB saying if healthy Mcroberts and tyler will get the minutes, I found it beneficial to point out to the curious person, that your comment was simply your opinion . If he wasn't curious I would not been compelled to enlighten him/her. Oh and if I just make something up and throw it out there, it is still consistent with the expression pulling it out of ones ______. Its not really an offensive expression except for the naughty word.

Hibbert
11-18-2010, 07:40 PM
In their only matchup, Griffin owned Tyler. Elite 8 2009 Griffin posted 23 pts 18 rebs while Tyler posted 8 pts and 6 rebs. Tyler won't be able to do much against him, nobody we have will. The Hibbert/Jordan matchup is what Im going to be watching, Roy should dominate and take the game over. Gordon is their only form of scoring, we have way more options than they do. This is LA's 3rd game in 4 days while we are on 3 days rest, I see us winning tonight by double digits.

judicata
11-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Tyler Hansbrough deferred to his teammates -- just as he'd hinted he might.

This was no one-on-one matchup down low. Instead, North Carolina rolled past Blake Griffin and Oklahoma with a total team effort.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=294000046

I watched that game. Hans got in early foul trouble and sat out a lot of the first half. He also spent a lot of time matched up with Blake's brother. Carolina torched OU with Ty Lawson and Danny Green playing inside-out.

Blake played great, but lets not pretend that this was some kind of cage match between the two guys. Basketball is a team sport, and Roy Williams isn't foolish enough to run his offense through the one position that the other team can win the head-to-head match up.

MLB007
11-18-2010, 08:08 PM

Nothing like ignoring the evidence in front of you. :D ;)

Brad8888
11-18-2010, 08:50 PM
:)

Psycho T
11-18-2010, 10:41 PM

I heard Tyler got abused

Why are you even commenting about it if you didnt see the game? Tyler was only on him for maybe the first 10 minutes of the game.. after that Ed Davis and Deon Thompson was on him for the most part.

As you saw from tonights game Tyler held his own yet again.

Psycho T
11-18-2010, 10:46 PM
In their only matchup, Griffin owned Tyler. Elite 8 2009 Griffin posted 23 pts 18 rebs while Tyler posted 8 pts and 6 rebs. Tyler won't be able to do much against him, nobody we have will. The Hibbert/Jordan matchup is what Im going to be watching, Roy should dominate and take the game over. Gordon is their only form of scoring, we have way more options than they do. This is LA's 3rd game in 4 days while we are on 3 days rest, I see us winning tonight by double digits.

Blake got 80% of that in the second half of that game after UNC was up 20.

spazzxb
11-18-2010, 10:48 PM
this should be here.
http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr272/spazzxb/pacers%20nov%202010/IMG_6128.jpg

90'sNBARocked
11-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Really? I "heard" that Tyler threw it down in his face 8 straight trips down court!! :-o :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah my bad you are right Tyler "owned him" with * poitns and 6 boards

90'sNBARocked
11-19-2010, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=Psycho T;1100364]Why are you even commenting about it if you didnt see the game?

Because I am a grown azz man dog

Thats why